The comprehensive argument against Barack Obama

I only gave it a quick once over but I was not impressed and I found nothing that tells you why you should vote McCain or even why the authors do.

Better than average chance of winning? Christ, talk about downplaying.

Here, I'll sum it up for everybody (completely objectively, because I am a god):

1. He likes killing babies
2. He will raise your taxes, no matter what he says or does (even if he doesn't raise your taxes)
3. He hates white people
4. He is a terrorist
5. He is associated with ACORN, which commits voter fraud via fake people that wouldn't be able to vote
6. He wants to meet with foreign people who don't like us
7. He hates Americans
8. He plays the race card
9. He has never done anything

There, now I saved you the trouble of reading it. McCain '08!

I got as far as the abortion claptrap.

They were shocked that a bun in the oven was referred to as "punishment" for a unwed teenage mother. I guess if you've lived a comfortable, sheltered life for 20-something years then that type of naivete could almost be forgiven - that is if they weren't such a pair of pompous asses.

[quote name='SpazX']Better than average chance of winning? Christ, talk about downplaying.

Here, I'll sum it up for everybody (completely objectively, because I am a god):

1. He likes killing babies
2. He will raise your taxes, no matter what he says or does (even if he doesn't raise your taxes)
3. He hates white people
4. He is a terrorist
5. He is associated with ACORN, which commits voter fraud via fake people that wouldn't be able to vote
6. He wants to meet with foreign people who don't like us
7. He hates Americans
8. He plays the race card
9. He has never done anything

There, now I saved you the trouble of reading it. McCain '08![/QUOTE]

Or: If you follow a strictly conservative social viewpoint, you won't like the Democratic nominee. Whoduguessed?

The case against John Mccain

#1 Senile
#2 Warmonger
#3 Very bad temper
#4 Will probably die in office, making Sarah Palin as the most powerful person in the world.

Even if all the nonsense in the Obama article were true (it isn't), these reasons should make you vote against Mccain anyway.

So it's a blog summarizing the same tired and untrue arguments, lies, and guilts-by-association that the right have been offering for awhile now, right?

I didn't get very far; once I saw the claim that the Freedom of Choice Act involves subsidizing the cost of abortions, I stopped. The text of the bill isn't hard to find or read. SHOW ME where it approves of taxpayer funding of abortions.

(this ignores their oversimplified and overgeneralized suggestion that the majority of the country is anti-abortion, which is a different argument altogether from whether or not they are anti-choice).

This is pure crap, debunked to the fuckin' hills already, but sure. It is comprehensive. Comprehensive crap.

Let's summarize and imply that Obama lacks experience so we can get more votes for Sarah Palin! YEAH!

[quote name='mykevermin']This is pure crap, debunked to the fuckin' hills already, but sure. It is comprehensive. Comprehensive crap.[/quote]

I think that's the best line you could use to describe it. They do a great job with the setup in hopes you won't realize the rest of the article is pure crap.

It's seeing a pie with a beautiful crust only to cut it open and realize it's been filled with shit.

It's important to remember that this election has never been about which candidate is better. It's been about whether or not you like Obama and his policies enough to vote for him.

[quote name='thrustbucket']It's important to remember that this election has never been about which candidate is better. It's been about whether or not you like Obama and his policies enough to vote for him.[/QUOTE]

Just Obama? Really? I don't buy it. Defend your claim.

Now, 2004 - THAT was an election centered around "candidate X" or "not candidate X" with Bush being candidate X. A can of tuna fish (chunk light in oil, even, and not the nice solid albacore in water!) could have garnered as many electoral votes as Kerry did.

Now, I liked Kerry, but I recognize that he was not the ideal candidate to field at the time, and it was his election to lose. He figured that part out spectacularly.

[quote name='RoboBlue']Up until Obama started using attack ads, McCain was barely referenced from either side.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what?

[quote name='mykevermin']Just Obama? Really? I don't buy it. Defend your claim.

Now, 2004 - THAT was an election centered around "candidate X" or "not candidate X" with Bush being candidate X. A can of tuna fish (chunk light in oil, even, and not the nice solid albacore in water!) could have garnered as many electoral votes as Kerry did.

Now, I liked Kerry, but I recognize that he was not the ideal candidate to field at the time, and it was his election to lose. He figured that part out spectacularly.[/QUOTE]

Very very few conservatives or even republicans are happy that John McCain has the nomination. I don't know one, personally, that liked John McCain. The only guy I know that admits to liking him is a Democrat.

So I think this race is all about Obama. Do you like him enough to switch political sides? Are you afraid of him enough to vote for McCain?

I honestly don't know one person who seriously feels McCain is a great option. I only know people that either love or hate Obama - and will vote based on that.

So all I have to back up my claim are the people I personally know. Oh, and I heard a local radio show pretty much saying the same thing the other night.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Very very few conservatives or even republicans are happy that John McCain has the nomination. I don't know one, personally, that liked John McCain. The only guy I know that admits to liking him is a Democrat.

So I think this race is all about Obama. Do you like him enough to switch political sides? Are you afraid of him enough to vote for McCain?

I honestly don't know one person who seriously feels McCain is a great option. I only know people that either love or hate Obama - and will vote based on that.

So all I have to back up my claim are the people I personally know. Oh, and I heard a local radio show pretty much saying the same thing the other night.[/quote]

I got one for you , one of my co-workers. He loves McCain. Believes in him and most of what he stands for. Likes his policies and the fact that he's a TRUE american who loves this country , served in the military and comes from a military background.

He also hates Obama and feels that we don't know enough about him to trust him with the most powerful position in this country.

He also thinks Palin isn't as stupid as everyone else paints her out to be.

I love discussing politics and religion with this guy at work. Always makes for an interesting conversation.

[quote name='mykevermin']Now, I liked Kerry, but I recognize that he was not the ideal candidate to field at the time, and it was his election to lose. He figured that part out spectacularly.[/QUOTE]
I thought Kerry was the price Democrats paid for trying to get someone that was a safe, moderate pick that the other side would generally like (purple hearts and stuff like that). Only lated did they realize that they'd picked someone they didn't much like at all, going against someone the other side saw as the messiah incarnate.

And now the Republicans have done exactly the same thing. The difference to me between Obama and Bush is, well, Obama's not cartoonishly foolish.

[quote name='thrustbucket']So all I have to back up my claim are the people I personally know.[/QUOTE]

That is all you ever had.

Maybe you should get to know some smarter people.

[quote name='StarKnightX']I got one for you , one of my co-workers. He loves McCain. Believes in him and most of what he stands for. Likes his policies and the fact that he's a TRUE american who loves this country , served in the military and comes from a military background.

He also hates Obama and feels that we don't know enough about him to trust him with the most powerful position in this country.

He also thinks Palin isn't as stupid as everyone else paints her out to be.

I love discussing politics and religion with this guy at work. Always makes for an interesting conversation.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am sure those people exist, but they are rare.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back