The Dark Knight Exclusives

joker______

CAGiversary!
saw this at superherohype.com & all credit goes to LEGO Penguin

Not only will MANY stores be doing a Midnight Opening, but also, there are NINE different versions of the film released that day. This is what Best Buy will be carrying...

Dark Knight: Fullscreen Version

Dark Knight: Widescreen Version

Dark Knight: Special Edition

Dark Knight: Special Edition (w/ Batman Mask)
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE

Dark Knight: Special Edition (w/ Clown Mask)
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE

Dark Knight: Blu-Ray

Dark Knight: Blu-Ray (w/ Batpod)

Dark Knight: Blu-Ray (w/ Batman Mask)
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE

Dark Knight: Blu-Ray (w/ Clown Mask)
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE

Dark Knight: Soundtrack Special Edition

BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE mini-statues available for $9.99

jokerbestbuy.jpg

batmanbestbuy.jpg

Wal-Mart Exclusive
"Bonus Comic Book" and "Commemorative Coin" (AKA Harvey Dent's coin).
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10726993

Circuit City Exclusive

**** Circuit City Exclusive: Free Batman logo journal with the purchase of The Dark Knight 2 Disc Limited Edition DVD // While supplies last // It looks like the Circuit City version has a Joker: “Why So Serious?” Slipcover

Target Exclusive

Batman: The Dark Knight – Target Exclusive Blu-Ray Edition >>>> $29.99 ****

DVSY23180.jpg
**** Only At Target! Both the Deluxe and Blu-Ray versions have collectible Batman mask packaging. Also included is a digital copy and bonus footage & features // Quantities limited // No rain checks

credit to speedy

Hollywood Video Exclusive

i dont have a pic but i saw this today going up to HWV,when you buy a copy of TDK you get a set of BatEars,it doesnt sound like a good Exclusive but just throwing it out there

FYE

movie comes in the steel book cases----->no pic

jokerbestbuy.jpg
batmanbestbuy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Snowball21']Do only the Blue-Ray versions come with a digital copy? I'm having trouble finding any non-BR versions with it.[/quote]

from the reviews that i have read it seems it already comes with it so no paying extra for it

[quote name='Kerig']Why can't they just release every single DVD in a steelbook, period?

Speaking of which, I was at F.Y.E. the other day and noticed they had tons of Iron Man DVD Steelbooks. I thought this was a canada exclusive...

Also noticed they restocked their Transformers Steelbooks (had one of each D&A), and even had a used one for $15...crazy tempting.[/QUOTE]

any blu-ray steelbook

Any word if the coin at Wal-Mart will come with the 2 disc version as well or is it just the single disc edition?

Also, is it only the Blu-Ray edition that has the Batpod display case?

[quote name='ohnomelon']Any word if the coin at Wal-Mart will come with the 2 disc version as well or is it just the single disc edition?

Also, is it only the Blu-Ray edition that has the Batpod display case?[/quote]

I believe, it's just the single disc edition.

The Batpod is Bluray only.

Yeah from what I've seen it's only with the one disk version.

Not that it matters. The DVD bonus disk is pretty disapointing, they took out the two major documentaries on the Blu Ray version.

This is one thing I hate about not working weekends. When I was off on tuesdays I could just get up and pick up stuff like this no problem when best buy opened. Now it is go up there after 7pm and see if they still have them. Be half a way when I go from working all day and then not get to watch it because I will be going home and trying to get some sleep for the next day. I could take off work but they blacked out every day till after the first of the year. So looks like no clown mask for me becuase I dont want to preorder it and have to pay with a credit card. I'm trying to get them damn things paid off. Oh well maybe I will get lucky and the clown mask BD will still be instock when I get there tuesday.

[quote name='shrike4242']Please don't post ad scans. It's asking for a DMCA takedown notice to get filed our direction.[/quote]

I would think the ad itself should constitute "news" (making them exempt, like the scientology internal film from Tom Cruse on youtube debacle) on a deal-related forum site? I understand not wanting the legal attention though.

On the statues, if you can get lucky: Best Buy drops the price on many of these movie/game related promos to $.01 if you can find them. Good examples were the Superman bust, Sleeping Beauty clock, Guitar Hero faceplate, Transformers litho . . . etc. That being said, there is probably a good chance these (especially the joker) will sell-out.l

It WILL Sellout. I BET it!

Batman is gonna be HOT!!!

Damn, I want that Wal-mart coin! :(

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I would think the ad itself should constitute "news" (making them exempt, like the scientology internal film from Tom Cruse on youtube debacle) on a deal-related forum site? I understand not wanting the legal attention though.[/quote]Fatwallet went back and forth with Best Buy and Walmart about it a few years back about ad scans, so I'd rather not have the BB legal department serving CAG with a DMCA takedown notice, or a cease and desist. The issues we had with CC over Speedy's ads were due to the posting of the ad scans here, so again, I'd rather not get the exposure.

They're not considered "news" because they're unauthorized direct copies of the ads themselves, instead of transcription of the ad information, which could have come from anywhere.

There's more than a few places that post the ad scans, so they're easily available on the Internet. We just don't need them here.

[quote name='shrike4242']Fatwallet went back and forth with Best Buy and Walmart about it a few years back about ad scans, so I'd rather not have the BB legal department serving CAG with a DMCA takedown notice, or a cease and desist. The issues we had with CC over Speedy's ads were due to the posting of the ad scans here, so again, I'd rather not get the exposure.

They're not considered "news" because they're unauthorized direct copies of the ads themselves, instead of transcription of the ad information, which could have come from anywhere.

There's more than a few places that post the ad scans, so they're easily available on the Internet. We just don't need them here.[/quote]

Certainly better to be safe than sued.

People should just hyperlink the URL then, let someone else get sued.

[quote name='62t']according to the ad scan the figures are not free. You just get the joker cards at best buy[/quote]

Joker cards?

The statues seem to cost 10 dollars, that's a fairly reasonable price if they hold up to quality and size.

That Batman mask set at Target is pretty sweet though...

However, I think my edition will be the standard two-disc Blu-ray, with the Batman statue if you can purchase them separately. Does anybody know if you can or not?

I saw SuperJedi post a picture of what appears to be the Batman mask set: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9137392&st=Dark_Knight&lp=9&type=product&cp=1&id=1934163&AID=10597222&PID=1312731&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2Folspage.jsp%3FskuId%3D9137392%26st%3DDark_Knight%26lp%3D9%26type%3Dproduct%26cp%3D1%26id%3D1934163&ref=39&loc=01

It amounts to what is almost a full 20 dollars extra, I can't say that is worth it at all... from the picture it looks like some sort of thing you'd win in those quarter machines, not to mention it just looks strange without anybody's face itside the mask. Totally disappointed at that as I was looking forward to a cool bonus.

Oh, another cool bonus worth mentioning at Best Buy is that you get a free poster for ordering online: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat165800050040

So, I have two questions. If I buy the Clown Mask version on Blu-Ray, do I also get the Joker card? Also, can I buy The Joker figurine for ten dollars as well?

Thanks

[quote name='Maxwell31']What is the CC limited edition with journal all about?[/quote]

Looks like it's just a notebook to write in, but I'm not completely sure.

I'm gonna bump this due to the fact it comes out tomorrow, interested in reading about what others got come tomorrow as well.

I'm kinda let down by the exclusives. I thought the masks would be actual masks, but now I can't tell their size. I'm assuming the "set" that comes with the mask ONLY comes with the mask and no other collectibles. Oh well.

I may hit up Best Buy at Midnight to pick it up and check out whether or not the Batpod is worth it!

i'll repeat the post i made in the TDK midnight madness thread... anyone care to speculate on which versions will be most limited? in order i'd say

Blu-ray steelbook (futureshop, german amazon exclusive)
Joker mask/batman mask (Best buy exclusive)
Batman mask (target exclusive)
regular steelbook (FYE exclusive)
Batpod (available everywhere)
Harvey Dent coin (walmart exclusive)
journal (Circuit city exclusive)

i think that about covers it... anybody else?

[quote name='saldogg']i'll repeat the post i made in the TDK midnight madness thread... anyone care to speculate on which versions will be most limited? in order i'd say

i think that about covers it... anybody else?[/QUOTE]

walmart exclusive will be most common since they are everywhere, while CC exclusive should be more rare as a lot of store are closing.

i just wanna know if the batpod is all plastic or die cast metal,if any one gets the batpod version pls let me know thanks

[quote name='kevzik']So at BB it is possible to get

the mask
the card
and a poster

with the purchase of the bluray, right?[/QUOTE]

not possible to get the poster unless you preordered

The Target Exclusive Blu-ray Mask Shell Case says that it comes with Bonus Content via there weekly ad does this differ from the content on the 2nd disc of others editions of really exclusive content. Thanks

Looks like as of this writing, your information is wrong. Both DC Direct Figure are for FEE and NOT FREE

[quote name='joker______']saw this at superherohype.com & all credit goes to LEGO Penguin

Also, with purchase of Special Edition, there will be two collectible BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE mini-statues available for free (as of this writing). I am including a picture of both of those...

jokerbestbuy.jpg

batmanbestbuy.jpg

[/quote]

Checked at Midnight (eastern) and couldn't order for pick-up off the website, but I remembered to place a pickup order for the regular Blu-Ray and Joker Statue at the BB by my work at about 8am. I got in to work @ 8:45 to check for the pickup confirmatoin and was good to go. I happen to go on the website and saw that the statue is not available for pickup from this location anymore. I wonder if they're going quick? It was one of the midnight launch stores, but if it's sold out before the store opens, then it might be a rare item.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Soooooooooooooooooo do ALL versions of the 2-disc regular DVD set come with a digital copy?[/quote]

My one-disc widescreen version came with digital copy. Just FYI.

I just put in an order for the Joker statue at my local store and it's ready for pickup...I'm getting the FS Steelbook, so I'm not buying the movie at BB.

Just came back from my local BB, and they only got 7 Batpod Blu-Ray editions in, and I picked up the 2nd to last one. (Orlando East Colonial Best Buy). Pretty nice limited edition. They had tons of the cowl versions on dvd, both Batman and Joker, but only a few of the Blu-Ray cowl editions. I counted 2 of each left.

[quote name='saldogg']i'll repeat the post i made in the TDK midnight madness thread... anyone care to speculate on which versions will be most limited? in order i'd say

i think that about covers it... anybody else?[/quote]

So...

If I buy it from Futureshop, it's still region 1, right? Canada and US share the same region?

Edit: Ok, right when I type that, it looks like it won't accept a US shipping address. Blast! I wanted the steelbook BD.

Edit x 2: Ok, maybe it will work... Must have steelbook!

Edit x 3: DENIED

Does futureshop.ca offer international shipping?
We are unable to ship orders outside of Canada. But we do accept most credit cards issued in Canada and the United States for payment.

Weird that it let me register w/ a US address, but I can't ship to it. What's the point?

Guys, is the Target Blu-Ray mask case some funky case or is it essentially the blu-ray edition with some extra packaging around it? I just want my movie collection to remail somewhat uniform.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Guys, is the Target Blu-Ray mask case some funky case or is it essentially the blu-ray edition with some extra packaging around it? I just want my movie collection to remail somewhat uniform.[/quote]

If it is like the Ironman mask then it is larger than the DVD/BR sized. The Ironman mask BR (when inside its over-box) was about the size of a Disney VHS box (a little smaller). Outside the over-box it was about the size of two regular DVDs or three BRs stacked.

I am picking one up in about an hour and I will let you know dimensions.

The mask itself is a plastic clamshell, it is definately not like a DVD/BR case.

So I need advice- I plan on picking this up on blu-ray. I could care less about the bat-pod, mask, or figure- I'm interested in actually disc features.

Are the guts to all the blu-ray sets the same? Or is there a special edition that offers more special features?

I was going to pick up the bat pod but it's just not good enough for the extra 25 bucks. I did pick up the BluRay giftset from BB and got the Batman Mask. It looks much better than the clown mask in person. I also pick up the batman figure just for the he!! of it. I got two items for ten bucks less than the bat pod, much better deal in my mind.

So BB fucked up my order and did not have the Joker statue for me when I went to pick it up, despite the email confirmation that it was picked and ready. I'm pretty bitter about it and it's unavailable at every local store around me for pick-up now.

They tried to ring up the blu-ray for me as well and I said forget it, I'll go to a store that won't mess up my order and give them money. She scanned it off and said, "Well, it's like it never happened." Yeah.. the 20 minutes of my lunch break spent in line waiting for something they told me they had and didn't never happened.

Anyway, I ordered it off the website and I'll be on the phone after work to see if they will comp the shipping (yeah it's pocket change, but they wasted my time already). Do they still have the 5 minute instore pickup policy?

[quote name='monkeychunkuk']wow how many versions of one film can thier be???[/quote]

I don't know, but I wonder why they even offer fullscreen DVDs anymore. No offense, but anyone that buys that is a fool.

Just got back from BB. I picked up the standard Blu-ray version with the pretty slick Batman miniature. Both for about 38 after taxes, pretty good deal I think.

There were just a couple of the Batman figures left, and no Joker's in sight. Exact opposite for the Blu-ray "mask" editions, there were like 4 Joker mask ones and no Batman mask set for Blu-ray editions. On the DVD side though, there were more than plenty for both. Overall they were better than I thought they'd be, but still not worth that extra price hike, they weren't that cool.

I didn't see but a few Batpod BD editions, I don't know if they sold hot or if they just didn't have many. I feel the same about that as I do the mask sets. Anyway, overall I got exactly what I wanted and am glad I finished my finals earlier than I thought I would so I could get there fairly early. It's doubtful they'll have any of the figures left at all soon.

Also, nbballard, all two disc versions are the same on the actual features on the disc on all formats. The features are pretty barebones but there is not a chance they won't double dip on this, and I wouldn't be shocked if it's as soon as the summer for some ultra three-disc edition.

The outer-packaging for the Target mask edition is smaller than it was for the Target Ironman mask edition.

The package is just slightly larger than the height of a standard DVD (@ +4/5mm)
Width is standard (thickness is about 2 & 1/2 DVDs). It fit inside my DVD storage bin while inside the package (unlike Ironman).

I am very pleased with it so far.

Stopped by BB to check the masks...oh God they are shitty. Glad I skipped out on those.

Did anyone get a Joker card from Best Buy...wondering what it looks like.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Stopped by BB to check the masks...oh God they are shitty. Glad I skipped out on those.

Did anyone get a Joker card from Best Buy...wondering what it looks
like.[/quote]

Mine said that they didnt receive the card yet. They said they should have it in a couple of days, just bring in your receipt and they'll give you one.

I got there about 15 minutes after they opened and either mine were already sold out or they didnt get any in, but all the special editions were gone (masks and bat pod). Had to settle for the regular Blu-Ray.

[quote name='TheRock88']Mine said that they didnt receive the card yet. They said they should have it in a couple of days, just bring in your receipt and they'll give you one.

I got there about 15 minutes after they opened and either mine were already sold out or they didnt get any in, but all the special editions were gone (masks and bat pod). Had to settle for the regular Blu-Ray.[/quote]

You're better off...the Batpod and masks looked pretty crappy quality IMO.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You're better off...the Batpod and masks looked pretty crappy quality IMO.[/quote]

Saw the masks for the regular edition dvds. They looked alright.

bread's done
Back