The Dark Spire (DS) Available for Pre-Order at Amazon, $29.99

the_punisher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
200 (100%)
Just got an email from Atlus telling me about the game, text below. Release Date: 3/10/2009

IGN Previews The Dark Spire; Videos of character creation and combat!
Calling all fans of first-person dungeon crawlers, party-based RPGs, and anyone capable of even the slightest twinge of nostalgia: IGN has posted their early hands-on preview of The Dark Spire, complete with videos of character creation and combat!
http://ds.ign.com/articles/948/948560p1.html

The First Battle
About the game, Mark Bozon says, "The Dark Spire is, in every way, a hardcore RPG fan's RPG." He later adds, "the writing is very well done, with a lot of variation in descriptions and some strong narration for battles, the art is still pretty interesting in a very flat-colored, traditional design, and the music is great throwback audio as well."

On the game's unique "classic" visual setting: "...as a bonus for classic RPG fans, a wireframe black and white mode is included, complete with colored sprites instead of huge panel art for character interaction, 8-bit music and sound effects, and a faster, no-nonsense interface and battle system. Hilarious, and a great way to make this one a novelty buy even if you don't intend on throwing hundreds of hours at it. That mode, along with all "flavor text" (which is the added narration on top of battles, specifically) can be turned off and on as you go."

Oh, what's that, Faithful? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention... I was floating in a sea of nostalgia and happy memories. Thanks, The Dark Spire!

*wink*

-AtlusA.R.A.M.

Link to Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Spire-Ni..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1233278920&sr=8-1

It's basically a spiritual sequel to the Etrian Odyssey series. Looks pretty good. Wasn't sure if this was considered a deal, but hey, SMT: Devil Summoner is, so this is :p.

This game looks entirely awesome, but it'll absolutely be a DotD or at least much cheaper within months.

hmm I wonder how good the game will be
cool.gif

I read "Atlus" and the first thing that came to mind was "the game will be worth a good penny in a couple of years." I'm debating picking one up and just letting it sit in a closet...

[quote name='DarkRider23']I read "Atlus" and the first thing that came to mind was "the game will be worth a good penny in a couple of years." I'm debating picking one up and just letting it sit in a closet...[/QUOTE]

Not even close to true in the last couple of years. In fact, almost every Atlus game has dropped in value and is readily available at less than MSRP.

[quote name='gobz'].... Wait a second I can buy this for msrp? Must be a scam[/quote]

I literally lol'd.

Agreed. this is msrp so its not a deal. Should be moved to DS forum.

This doesn't belong here. The only reason the Devil Summoner 2 is on Deals is because of a very limited first print promo item.

I'm looking forward to this as much as anybody, but this really isn't a deal. It's MSRP. At least with Devil Summoner 2 you are getting a plushie.

bread's done
Back