The day has come ( could use some advice)

MykelxKnight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (93%)
So I feel I'm at a part in my life where I need to let go of gaming and am deciding to sale off all my stuff. The main reason I need to do this because financially I'm not really in a good place and could use all the money i have invested into my collection on progressing into the next step of my life. I have a pretty decent amount of games for Xbox 360,ps3 and vita including the random collectors edition stuff I have as well. My question to everyone is what would be the best way for me to sell everything? Keep in mind I really could use the money I was thinking a low ball but, I don't think I'd generate what I'd hope for everything I have.

I also have a decent amount of next gen stuff it's just all to much to list lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a decent eBay feedback record?  If so, go that route.  

If you want to sell in larger lots, you might also try your local Craigslist, just be wary of the buyer, meet in a very public place (not after dark), and buy yourself one of those pens to check for counterfeit bills.  Craigslist buyers love to screw you over with fake $100 (or lower denominations) bills.

Oh, congrats on your choice.  You can ALWAYS come back to gaming when you're set in a career and better off financially.  That makes this decision a pretty easy one.

Do you have a decent eBay feedback record? If so, go that route.

If you want to sell in larger lots, you might also try your local Craigslist, just be wary of the buyer, meet in a very public place (not after dark), and buy yourself one of those pens to check for counterfeit bills. Craigslist buyers love to screw you over with fake $100 (or lower denominations) bills.

Oh, congrats on your choice. You can ALWAYS come back to gaming when you're set in a career and better off financially. That makes this decision a pretty easy one.
Thanks man.. I don't really ebay anymore so I don't have a great feedback account. I'm sketched out about Craigslist because it is a pretty decent amount of stuff. I know one day I'll get back into I'm just more go cussed at this point to get into a career where I'll actually get something. I've been reaching for a dream with gaming and I feel it's been holding me back now. It's just sad to finally let it all go.

CAG real talk time: I know those feels, bro. I ended up getting in a bad situation after college with a girl I loved where she was still a sophomore living at home. We wanted to get jobs together and move in together, but her stepfather was mentally abusive and she didn't want to leave her younger brothers alone. So I ended up back at my parent's house. We weren't able to get jobs together, either, and she had it rough at home with the mental abuse and needed lots of affection to stop from hurting herself. I ended up doing nothing to advance my own life because I spent literally all of my time and money on her, and I'd just play video games to pass the time until I could see her again. We were engaged for over a year, but we ended up breaking up. That's when I realized what is truly a priority in life. I still feel bad about it deep down, but it is a lesson well learned about what is important and what isn't.

So yeah, sell your games. Sell your other material shit that you don't actually need, too. Use that money to travel, follow your dreams, improve yourself or make a change. That's what I did, and I'm happier for it.

(P.S.: I used ebay with BIN and Best Offers)

Prepare a list (either your CAG trade list or something else you can cut-and-paste into an email message) and send out some PMs to interested parties that might want to pick some things up.  I always look for unique swag (CE statues, figures, etc) for my son and nephews so they can decorate their rooms, so that's the kind of stuff I might bite on.  Plus vintage Star Wars stuff.

I've had luck in the past via Craigslist.  I honestly go through a purge about every 2 years.  I try to be minimal and only hold onto things that I'm currently using.  My mindset is if I dont use it 6 months...get rid of it.  Even if you dont have a high feedback score on eBay give it a try.  You have to start somewhere on there.

CAG real talk time: I know those feels, bro. I ended up getting in a bad situation after college with a girl I loved where she was still a sophomore living at home. We wanted to get jobs together and move in together, but her stepfather was mentally abusive and she didn't want to leave her younger brothers alone. So I ended up back at my parent's house. We weren't able to get jobs together, either, and she had it rough at home with the mental abuse and needed lots of affection to stop from hurting herself. I ended up doing nothing to advance my own life because I spent literally all of my time and money on her, and I'd just play video games to pass the time until I could see her again. We were engaged for over a year, but we ended up breaking up. That's when I realized what is truly a priority in life. I still feel bad about it deep down, but it is a lesson well learned about what is important and what isn't.

So yeah, sell your games. Sell your other material shit that you don't actually need, too. Use that money to travel, follow your dreams, improve yourself or make a change. That's what I did, and I'm happier for it.

(P.S.: I used ebay with BIN and Best Offers)
Man that's crazy bro. The situation you were in sounds similar to mine a little. My girlfriend recently broke up with me but, she's not completely out of my life. I feel like she will be my life partner because she has given me tremendous support this whole time I've been trying to figure myself out. I haven't had the best of luck with jobs and I'm currently unemployed,let me tell you it's not fun. Ive been having the hardest time trying to find a stable job that isn't part time and will actually get me some where.

She has had a lot of issues with her father because he was never there and now he's trying to be around. He's not really coming around though that's the thing. He calls her and gets her hopes up just to bring her right back down. Either way the whole reason why she needs time away right now because she feels like it will encourage me and most likely get our relationship really started. It has motivated me so much that today I sat here and realized this gaming scene doesn't matter if you don't have a job. It's cool to talk to people online and all but,unfortunately even though I'm a really good player at games it hasn't ever generated me any money. I tried twitch YouTube none of it worked how I'd hope so now it's time to progress and maybe someday get back to gaming.

Thanks for that story though its encouraging hearing things like that.

So I feel I'm at a part in my life where I need to let go of gaming and am deciding to sale off all my stuff. The main reason I need to do this because financially I'm not really in a good place and could use all the money i have invested into my collection on progressing into the next step of my life. I have a pretty decent amount of games for Xbox 360,ps3 and vita including the random collectors edition stuff I have as well. My question to everyone is what would be the best way for me to sell everything? Keep in mind I really could use the money I was thinking a low ball but, I don't think I'd generate what I'd hope for everything I have.
I also have a decent amount of next gen stuff it's just all to much to list lol.
If you wanna sell it, then you're gonna have to list it or at least take pictures (should do both really).

If you wanna sell it, then you're gonna have to list it or at least take pictures (should do both really).
What he said.

If you want to maximize money, then the other thing you're gonna need is time. I purged about 50 games (less than 5% of my collection) two summers ago and it took forever.

Xbox 360 Games

Asura's Wrath ( Sealed )
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed : Revelations
Assassin's Creed III ( Have Steelbook as well )
Batman Arkham Asylum GoTY Edition
Batman Arkham City GoTY Edition
Battlefield 3 ( Sealed )
Bayonetta
Bioshock : Ultimate Rapture Edition ( Sealed )
Bioshock Infinite ( Sealed )
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition ( Some Stuff Missing )
Blue Dragon
Bulletstorm ( x3 )
Bully : Scholarship Edition
Castlevania : Lords of Shadow Collector Edition
Catherina ( Sealed )
Civilization Revolution
Condemned : Criminal Origins
Condemned 2 : Bloodshot
The Cursed Crusade ( Sealed )
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Dance Central 3
The Darkness
The Darkness II Limited Edition
Darksiders
Darksiders II
Dark Souls II : Black Armor Edition
Defiance
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 3
Deadly Premonition
Deus Ex : Human Revolution
Devil May Cry 4 Limited Edition
Diablo III
Dragon Age : Origins
Dragon Age : Origins Ultimate Edition
Dragon Age II : Bioware Signature Edition
Dragon's Dogma
Duke Nukem Forever
Eternal Sonata
Enslaved : Odyssey To The West
Fable II ( x2 )
Fable III ( Sealed )
Farcry 3
Fifa Soccer 12
Fifa Soccer 13
Fifa Soccer 14 ( Just Steel Book )
Fist of the North Star : Ken's Rage
Fist of the North Star : Ken's Rage 2 ( x2 one is just disc )
Forza Motosport 4 : Platinum Hits ( Sealed )
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Gears of War 3
Gears of War : Judgement
Grant Theft Auto IV : The Complete Edition
Halo : Reach
Halo : Reach Legendary Edition ( No codes )
Halo 4 : Limited Edition ( x3 )
Infinite Undiscovery
Just Cause 2
Killer is Dead : Limited Edition
Kingdoms of Amular : Reckoning
The Last Remnant
Lollipop Chainsaw ( Sealed )
Lord of the Rings : Conquest
Magna Carta 2
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 : Fate of Two Worlds
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2 ( x2 one platinum hits )
Mass Effect 3 ( Sealed )
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Max Payne 3
Metal Gear Rising
Metal Gear Rising : Collector Edition
Metro 2033
Nier
Naruto : The Broken Bond
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja : Storm 2
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja : Storm 3
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja : Storm 3 Full Burst
N3 Ninety-Nine Nights
Ninja Blade ( x2 / 1 Sealed )
Payday 2 : Collectors Edition 
Portal 2 : Platinum Hits ( Sealed )
Prototype
Prototype 2 : Radnet Edition ( x2 Sealed )
Red Dead Redemption : GoTY Edition ( Sealed )
Remember Me ( Sealed )
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil : Operation Raccoon City
Star Ocean : The Last Hope
Singularity
Tales of Vesperia
Two Human ( x4 / 1 Sealed )
Tomb Raider ( Sealed )
Tomb Raider : Steel Book Edition ( Sealed )
Two Worlds 
Tom Clancy's : Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Vampire Rain ( x2 / 1 Sealed )
The Witcher 2 : Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition

Loose Disc

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 3
Sleeping Dogs
Gears of War 2
Resident Evil 6
Skyrim
Dark Souls
Final Fantasy XII-2
Ghost Recon Future Soldier
Borderlands 2
Dishonored
Crysis 3
Dead Island GoTY Edition
Nba 2K12

Xbox 360 Consoles

Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Console
Halo 3 Special Edition

Xbox 360 Extra's

Fifa Wired Controller ( Sealed )
Turtle Beach Earforce X12's

Playstation 3 Games

Beyond Two Souls
Dragon's Crown
God of War : Saga
God of War : Ascension 
Darkvoid
Demon's Souls
Duke Nukem Forever
Dragon Age : Origins
Dragon Age II : Bioware Signature Edition
Heavenly Sword
The Ico / Shadow of Colossus Collection
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Limited Edition
Killzone 2
Killzone 3
MindJack
ModNation Racers
Tales of Graces f
Tales of Xillia : Collectors Edition ( Sealed )
White Knight Chronicles II
Uncharted : Drake's Fortune GoTY Red Case
Uncharted 2 : Amon Thieves
Uncharted 3 : Drakes Deception 3 GoTY Edition ( Sealed )

Playstation Vita

Fifa 13
Freedom Wars
Dragons Crown
Muramasa Rebirth : Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition ( Game is Sealed )
Persona 4 Golden
Toukiden : The Age of Demons
Soul Sacrifice

Playstation Vita OG Model w/ 16GB Memory card and 4GB memory card

I still got more to list so just give me a while Im going through everything. I have a bunch of extra swag to that I never used I just gotta get around to everything.  Ill keep my list updated like I said I have a bunch of more stuff I just need to get around to putting everything together.

bread's done
Back