The definitive sony card rewards thread - a good start to a free game or controller

Slightly off topic--Can I get the whole reimbursement thing on non-SCEA games (not published by Sony)? I'm somewhat interested in a few SCEA games, but not at the prices I usually find them. I have over $100 worth of points I need to get rid of since I don't plan to use my Sony Card any more, and I'd rather not blow 6000 of them on a game I'd normally only be willing to pay $20 for.

[quote name='Esoteria']Slightly off topic--Can I get the whole reimbursement thing on non-SCEA games (not published by Sony)? I'm somewhat interested in a few SCEA games, but not at the prices I usually find them. I have over $100 worth of points I need to get rid of since I don't plan to use my Sony Card any more, and I'd rather not blow 6000 of them on a game I'd normally only be willing to pay $20 for.[/quote]

Yes I believe they work on non-SCE games. I was able to get bonus points for Bioshock and Fallout 3 when I turned in the request credit form.

Well I e-mailed Sony Rewards. They responded by saying I needed to call. Sony said Chase was handling the promotion. Got transferred to Chase and the guy said the marketing department sent those promotions out and doesn't know how they selected customers. This is for the $100 spent = $10 PSN voucher.

Oh well, I tried.

[quote name='disillusion386']Yes I believe they work on non-SCE games. I was able to get bonus points for Bioshock and Fallout 3 when I turned in the request credit form.[/quote]
I appreciate it. This does sort of make sense since I'm sure Sony is happy to support their continued licensing of PS3 games if they don't get direct kickbacks per sale.

Now I need to figure out what game(s) to buy. Not much is coming out soon that I'm really looking forward to... =/

PS3 needs more RPGs!!

The SonyRewards store (for Sony credit card holders?) has some new (I presume) PS1 games including Um Jammer Lammy ($5) Tiny Tanks (10), Omega Boost (15) and various sports games.
For PS2 games they have The Getaway (15) and Socom 2 (16) and Sly 2 (10).

I thought about doing the Sony Card + Buy PS3 and get $100 off thing about 2 years ago, so they sent me a card but I never activated it and never bought a ps3 - so, question:

If I activated my card *now* and bought a PS3 now off the Sony Store with my Sony Card would I still be eligible for the $100 refund?

I just had my first ps3 blu ray drive failure yesterday, I called sony and before I authorized a repair order I decided to call my sony visa card company. I asked them if they extended out the manufacturers warranty and was told that yes they do and was transferred. I've had my ps3 for a year and 5 months = out of warranty!

I'm filling out the paperwork now I will keep you guys posted and tell you how it turns out, but so far it looks as if my sony rewards card IS going to pay my 149 dollar repair bill. I also asked if I could purchase an extended warranty on my ps3 through my sony visa, it turns out I am ellidgable to purchase a 5 year extended warranty for 60.00. We'll see how my repair is handeld before I shell out 60 dollars, but if it turns out good it looks like I just found another huge plus for owning a sony card :).

Any one know how to register BD Live discs ? I own transformer and wall e but when I get to the bd live section theres no register link. all I can do is create an account which got nothing to do with sony account. how do I link it together so I can get the points ? HELP !!!

Ok so I bought a PS3 way back in December. I sent a rebate form and I thought I would get my reward points from that. Apparently I had to send that and a purchase credit form. Only problem is that it states I can't send it in after 60 days from purchase date, or that's what CSR told me anyway.

Do you think I can just send it anyway and see if I can get the points?

Do you think I can just send it anyway and see if I can get the points?[/QUOTE]

I "think" you can do whatever you want. =)

Seriously, what have you got to loose, 50 cents?
Not a bad deal for the possibility of getting $9 credit on the card.

Best of luck!

Has anyone used their Sony Card for PSN purchases? Do they qualify for bonus points and point redemptions? If they do how does the "copy of sales receipt" work?

[quote name='henhowc']Has anyone used their Sony Card for PSN purchases? Do they qualify for bonus points and point redemptions? If they do how does the "copy of sales receipt" work?[/QUOTE]

I strictly use my points for 'PSN' purchases. That is, everytime I accumulate Sony Rewards points I use them to buy Blockbuster gift cards and then use that credit to buy tax-free PSN Cards.

A $50 BBV gift card can cost at most $44 or 4400 Sony Rewards points (after $1.50 shipping and 15% Jackpot discount). I figured this was the best way for me to buy PSN Cards since eBay is not a viable option (sold at a high premium) and it's cheaper than buying them on the PSN Store at msrp.

Savings $6 per $50 can do a lot in the long run especially if you're a person like me who frequents the PSN Store.

[quote name='evergoo']
Savings $6 per $50 can do a lot in the long run especially if you're a person like me who frequents the PSN Store.[/quote]

Thanks for the post. What is the Jackpot discount?

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Thanks for the post. What is the Jackpot discount?[/quote]

If you answer a certain number of Wheel of Fortune bonus puzzles or Sony TV Trivia questions in a month, you get a Jackpot discount for the rest of that month [EDIT! I STAND CORRECTED. SEE BELOW POST!]. I forget how many questions for each for what type of discount, but I think 15% is as high as it gets. Typically, that 15% takes stuff from the catalog from MSRP down to retail. Not bad, but it's not usually gonna net any real savings.

On a personal note, I'm up to $240 worth of free Sony Products between the online points and my card usage. Gonna keep building another few months and get me a PS3 on Chase Bank's dime. Thanks Chase! :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MuzykMann']If you answer a certain number of Wheel of Fortune bonus puzzles or Sony TV Trivia questions in a month, you get a Jackpot discount for the rest of that month.[/quote]

Actually that doesn't seem to be true. Obviously it is impossible to answer that many already this month but my wishlist shows the jackpot price, even when I added something to my cart. Ever since I reached jackpot level a couple months ago the jackpot price has always been available.

Also, I think it is 10 questions for 10% and 15 for 15% but I don't remember for sure.

[quote name='MuzykMann']ITypically, that 15% takes stuff from the catalog from MSRP down to retail. Not bad, but it's not usually gonna net any real savings.[/QUOTE]

The 15% Jackpot is most useful for their redeemable gift cards since they are marked below msrp after the discount. They have quite a selection of gift cards so credit card owners should check them out.

[quote name='rushisrighton']I just had my first ps3 blu ray drive failure yesterday, I called sony and before I authorized a repair order I decided to call my sony visa card company. I asked them if they extended out the manufacturers warranty and was told that yes they do and was transferred. I've had my ps3 for a year and 5 months = out of warranty!

I'm filling out the paperwork now I will keep you guys posted and tell you how it turns out, but so far it looks as if my sony rewards card IS going to pay my 149 dollar repair bill. I also asked if I could purchase an extended warranty on my ps3 through my sony visa, it turns out I am ellidgable to purchase a 5 year extended warranty for 60.00. We'll see how my repair is handeld before I shell out 60 dollars, but if it turns out good it looks like I just found another huge plus for owning a sony card :).[/quote]

Quick update for you guys, it looks as if visa has accepted my paperwork and has allready issued me a check to cover my repair costs on my ps3, I faxed in the information less than a week ago. So far it has been a very quick process as long as you are determined to send in the paperwork.

And if you missed the fact that I am the original poster, you can go back to the first post and see the updated information on how to get your ps3 warranted for free by your sony card:applause::D;).

[quote name='DGenerateKane']Actually that doesn't seem to be true. Obviously it is impossible to answer that many already this month but my wishlist shows the jackpot price, even when I added something to my cart. Ever since I reached jackpot level a couple months ago the jackpot price has always been available.

Also, I think it is 10 questions for 10% and 15 for 15% but I don't remember for sure.[/quote]

Huh, ya know what? You're absolutely right. The little bar that counts up to your discount level empties at the end of each month, but the discount still applies. I stand corrected. Thanks for that. I'll edit my post so as not to spread misinformation.

Got a gamefly mailer today with Sony Pictures Blu-ray Club free 100 points sticker. So if you have gamfly don't throw away the tear away sheet.

[quote name='kongfunk']Got a gamefly mailer today with Sony Pictures Blu-ray Club free 100 points sticker. So if you have gamfly don't throw away the tear away sheet.[/quote]

Did your points post immediately? I dug through my trash to get the code but it hasn't posted to my account yet. :/

just went in to cash out my points for another $25 gift card, and noticed in the "Insider Specials" they have $10 PSN vouchers. Unfortunately it's not that "special", as it's 1000 points and the 15% wof/spt discount doesn't apply, but if you have a 1000 pts and want to redeem them now that's kinda cool. I wonder if these are gonna become a regular item in the rewards store or if they're just left overs from a promotion or something. A $20 PSN card for 1700 points would be sweet tho. I sent an email to them a while ago suggesting they offer PSN cards like any other gift card in the store, if you feel the same way write them a quick note, it couldn't hurt.

And does anyone else think it's ridiculous that the only item they charge shipping on is gift cards? Giant tvs, 10 piece surround systems and 20 lb. receivers cost you nothing to ship, but you have to pay shipping on the thing that costs the equivalent of $0.10 to mail, lol.

Well I finally have enough points to get a controller (more than enough, really). I guess I have been doing this since January. Not bad. Thanks for the post OP.

I agree that this announcement bites.

Since becoming a member last year, I redeemed $150 worth of Blockbuster Gift Cards for only $132 worth of Rewards points. I would then flip that credit into games or PSN cards. I guess I will be using my Rewards points only for $10 PSN vouchers now. :whistle2:(

Last week was the first time I bought a gift card ($50 at Blockbuster). Guess I made it just under the wire.

Still, I have successfully used points to pay for a PS3 game I bought at retail, so that still works.

I was getting ready to pick up a gift card before this announcement, so I opted for the PS network card, at least you don't pay shipping and it comes in an email code so that's kinda cool I guess.

I can't find the psn voucher so I can redeem for it. Where is the "insider" deals located. Any help is appreciated.

so i just created a new account but it will only let me use 500 points towards a gift card purchase. then i tried putting in a game and it would only let me use a 200 points. i guess this isn't meant for people without the sony visa card because it states that those are the limits which bites big time for me!

[quote name='bronxbombas']so i just created a new account but it will only let me use 500 points towards a gift card purchase. then i tried putting in a game and it would only let me use a 200 points. i guess this isn't meant for people without the sony visa card because it states that those are the limits which bites big time for me![/QUOTE]
wouldn't make much sense for them to reward people that aren't using their card, would it?

Anyone having trouble registering products? It registered my old PS1, the PS2, PS3, some headphones and our broken PS2 and none have shown up and it's been over 24 hours. When I check my account page there it's one product I apparently registered in 2006 (just made the account a couple of days ago..)

[quote name='Boeing 747']Anyone having trouble registering products? It registered my old PS1, the PS2, PS3, some headphones and our broken PS2 and none have shown up and it's been over 24 hours. When I check my account page there it's one product I apparently registered in 2006 (just made the account a couple of days ago..)[/QUOTE]

I think you have to click the join now button after you fill out your info each time you register a product, or something odd like that, I know I had a problem figureing it out too.

cutting the 15% discount off gift cards sucks. and they still have the 150 point shipping price. The only thing they charge shipping on is the absolute cheapest thing on the site to ship. that's ridiculous. Sony rewards is slowly becoming the suck

Thanks for the post OP.. I earnes 2700 points doing nothing.. lol.. I am getting some Blu-Rays from netflix so.. Ching! :)

~John

[quote name='rushisrighton']I think you have to click the join now button after you fill out your info each time you register a product, or something odd like that, I know I had a problem figureing it out too.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, right, seems so simple now. I tried clicking the links from the email to no avail, reregistered them all.

Thanks a lot.

Hmm, I think I'll go with the BD remote, how fast is shipping?

[quote name='Boeing 747']Ahh, right, seems so simple now. I tried clicking the links from the email to no avail, reregistered them all.

Thanks a lot.

Hmm, I think I'll go with the BD remote, how fast is shipping?[/QUOTE]

Shipping's not that great. When I ordered a PS3 controller, it didn't arrive for at least 2 weeks. I wasn't complaining though since it was free.

Now if only the PSN vouchers go back in stock.

To Boeing 747;

I would just buy your blu ray remote from someone rather than redeeming off of the website, just buy it with your sony card and fill out the credit redemption form, sony will credit you the full price of the remote just not the tax. Shipping is turtle slow through sony rewards.

I ordered twice from SonyRewards (1 Optical cable, and 1 Killzone2) both took like a month before my order was shipped and after my order was confirmed shipped it only takes 2-3 days.

I think the PSN vouchers are back in stock.

Oh, and if you'd like to pay $100 for Jeopardy, there's an e-coupon to download it for 10,000 points :D

[quote name='velvet396']I think the PSN vouchers are back in stock.

Oh, and if you'd like to pay $100 for Jeopardy, there's an e-coupon to download it for 10,000 points :D[/QUOTE]

Still out of stock. If you click Add to Cart, it will say that it's not in stock.

Hate to be blind and all but where is the spot to click on PSN vouchers? I know that they're out of stock, but dammit all, I can't even find where its listed.
Is the Insider Specials listing (which I can't pull up) only for the people who actually have the Sony or Playstation Visa?

Yes it's under Insider Specials. If you can't pull it up because you don't have a Sony or Playstation card, then that basically answers your question. Someone correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not entirely sure.

shipping has never been slow for me. I've made 4 orders, DS3, bluray remote, and two GCs and they've all shown up a my door way before i expected them to

[quote name='disillusion386']Still out of stock. If you click Add to Cart, it will say that it's not in stock.[/QUOTE]

sorry about that :bomb:

I tried registering my bluray movies via bdlive. I never get credit on the sony rewards website. Does any one have any advice to get my points?

[quote name='megamanx']I tried registering my bluray movies via bdlive. I never get credit on the sony rewards website. Does any one have any advice to get my points?[/QUOTE]

They have to be Sony Pictures blu-rays. And I think you have to register your blu-rays using the same username and password as the Sony Rewards website.

bread's done
Back