The definitive sony card rewards thread - a good start to a free game or controller

[quote name='evergoo']Ok, looks like Sony is giving out points like candy. :lol:

Want 250 points? Be the first of 4000 to take the Blu-ray Club: Member Survey. Check your e-mail for the subject: Blu-ray Club: Member Survey - Earn 250 points for your opinion. Cheers!

P.S. I'm going for my THIRD $10 PSN Voucher this month. Insane! :hot:[/QUOTE]

Mine was for a $10 coupon...I would rather have the points.

what, i had no mention of points in my bluray survey email. i did click on the we want bluray daily questions tho.

[quote name='lito88']Ordered a PS3 Slim on the 18th and its still in processing. Anyone else take this long?[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I have had something take up to 25 days. I would call their customer service and check for an update.

[quote name='evergoo']All I have to say is: Best. Rewards Credit Card. Ever.

I don't even buy anything on this card besides PSN Cards and I get free money. I think I've racked over $200 in rewards over the past 1.5 years and this is my tertiary card. Please spread the love and tell your family, friends, and CAGs about this hidden gem. I don't think I would have spotted this 200 pt weekly quiz if it weren't for mwestep, a CAG buddy I recently hooked into getting this card.

Per Month: 985 + 800 = 1785 pts (guaranteed if played daily)
Per Year: 1785 x 12 = 21,420 pts ($214.20!!!)[/QUOTE]

Thats great and all but really a year every day..

so say you spend 3 minutes doing this you spent over 18 hours... can you make 200 in 18 hours?

Not only is it that 18 hours its a daily thing, i dont know.

I do have to agree however.. if it becomes part of the normal routine its not a huge deal but man.. people that take say 5 minutes are spending 30 hours for $214... thats almost an entire work week, so $7 an hour.

I really wish I could get myself to go and get those "free" points everyday. I usually don't.

Still, this is my main credit card, and I use it a ton. Got quite a large stash of points built up in the last 1.5 years I've had it.

[quote name='Snake2715']Thats great and all but really a year every day..

so say you spend 3 minutes doing this you spent over 18 hours... can you make 200 in 18 hours?

I do have to agree however.. if it becomes part of the normal routine its not a huge deal but man.. people that take say 5 minutes are spending 30 hours for $214... thats almost an entire work week, so $7 an hour.[/QUOTE]

and here we've spent how much time calculating this crap out and pondering wasted time on a message board lol. just because you save 3 minutes a day not doing this, doesn't mean you could have spent it working. I could spend 3 less minutes showering, doesn't mean i get that time back in the form of work hours lol. Or sleep 3 minutes less lol. These arguments are meaningless. We're getting something for doing practically nothing, that's the draw here.

Wow, I forgot all the easy ways to get points. I have like 2000 in my account right now....do I get a $10 PSN card or save up for a PS3 slim...a free one would be nice. I should start paying some bills with my Sony Card...would rack up points faster.

anybody know if these points can be used on any PS3 games? or just PS3 games in the sony style catalog? Or just games directly published by Sony?

oh and thanks Anexhume.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']anybody know if these points can be used on any PS3 games? or just PS3 games in the sony style catalog? Or just games directly published by Sony?

oh and thanks Anexhume.[/QUOTE]

If it is in the catalog, just redeem your points directly. If it is not, you must buy it from an authorized retailer (see their site for details) with your sony card. Then you fill out a purchase credit & bonus points form to get bonus for buying a sony product and have the points to cash equivalent amount deducted from your next bill.

[quote name='Anexanhume']If it is in the catalog, just redeem your points directly. If it is not, you must buy it from an authorized retailer (see their site for details) with your sony card. Then you fill out a purchase credit & bonus points form to get bonus for buying a sony product and have the points to cash equivalent amount deducted from your next bill.[/QUOTE]

I wholeheartedly recommend buying via Amazon and submitting for credit. The Sony Rewards site charges ridiculous points. i.e. Folklore is still $62 worth of points.

[quote name='zaw73']Worked for me, I got the coupon email but used this site and got the 250 points! Thanks...:applause:[/QUOTE]

Worked for me too! Thanks!

[quote name='Anexanhume']If it is in the catalog, just redeem your points directly. If it is not, you must buy it from an authorized retailer (see their site for details) with your sony card. Then you fill out a purchase credit & bonus points form to get bonus for buying a sony product and have the points to cash equivalent amount deducted from your next bill.[/QUOTE]

The last two years between November and January I got a 10 below offer as well.

Show them your best price on a sony item and they will beat it by 10% and send it to you from their rewards catalog... I mistakenly bought the item at retail and then turned in the form... I wa surpirised with ~3 weeks later the same thing showed up on my doorstep. Glad it was within the return period from the first retailer as I just returned it and got my money back.

But thats an option if you found it for cheaper at an authorized dealer, and want Sony to bet that price with points redemption...

Didn't get 250 points for the BluRay thing but instead, $10 off my next Blu.

Doubt I'll purchase it from Sony though.

I thought those $10 off blu coupons were printable and useable at the register.. I swear I have used them that way before... maybe I am crazy, or thinking of something else.

[quote name='Snake2715']Thats great and all but really a year every day..

I do have to agree however.. if it becomes part of the normal routine its not a huge deal but man.. people that take say 5 minutes are spending 30 hours for $214... thats almost an entire work week, so $7 an hour.[/QUOTE]
Your reasoning is ridiculous. I don't even know why you attempted to make such an off-hand analogy. The whole point of this thread is to basically earn free credit card rewards, regardless if you made a purchase or not with your card.

It takes less than a minute to answer all 3-4 questions daily. Bookmark the forum thread, open up some tabs, type or click, and boom...you earned your points for the day. If you do not appreciate the points, why bother crapping on this thread?

[quote name='Snake2715']The last two years between November and January I got a 10 below offer as well.

Show them your best price on a sony item and they will beat it by 10% and send it to you from their rewards catalog... I mistakenly bought the item at retail and then turned in the form... I wa surpirised with ~3 weeks later the same thing showed up on my doorstep. Glad it was within the return period from the first retailer as I just returned it and got my money back.

But thats an option if you found it for cheaper at an authorized dealer, and want Sony to bet that price with points redemption...[/QUOTE]

Okay so am I understanding this right? Right now on amazon the Drakes Fortune PS3 Bundle is $299. But on the point redemption rewards store it is still 45,100 (or 38,335 with jackpot) points. Are you saying I could call them and have them price match it at Amazon for the $299 and they'll beat it by 10% points-wise? So that would be 27,000 points... And I have 13k right now so I could get the bundle for $140 if I'm understanding correctly. Please clarify.

[quote name='anthfett06']Okay so am I understanding this right? Right now on amazon the Drakes Fortune PS3 Bundle is $299. But on the point redemption rewards store it is still 45,100 (or 38,335 with jackpot) points. Are you saying I could call them and have them price match it at Amazon for the $299 and they'll beat it by 10% points-wise? So that would be 27,000 points... And I have 13k right now so I could get the bundle for $140 if I'm understanding correctly. Please clarify.[/QUOTE]

you should really go read the fine print on the sony rewards site, every question you could have is answered there straight from the horse's mouth.

[quote name='jallen']you should really go read the fine print on the sony rewards site, every question you could have is answered there straight from the horse's mouth.[/QUOTE]

Actually most of the fine print is outdated or incorrect. They are supposed to give you 10% off if you get more than one of an item or 500 bonus points or something like that and they do not do that anymore. It is still on the site somewhere.

Personally, I have never heard of the 10% PM offer and I have had a SONY card since 2000. I would like to know more as well.

I redeemed 1000 Sony rewards points, for the very first time, for a Playstation Network card worth $10. I wanted to buy Bionic Commando: Rearmed ($10), figured I'd get it free with my accrued points.:D

BUT, after I added the funds to my PSN wallet, I tried to buy the game and it told me that I could only use $5 of the funds. Some fine print bullsh*t about it being a limit on the PSN card. I ended up charging the remaining $5 on my Sony card.:wall:

So this is a WARNING to those thinking of doing the same thing, and also a QUESTION: does anyone else have a similar experience? If so, is there any way around this?

am8449: This has never happened to me and I've already redeemed 3 $10 PSN Vouchers. Do you own a Sony Rewards or PlayStation credit card? If not, this may be the reason.

[quote name='am8449']I redeemed 1000 Sony rewards points, for the very first time, for a Playstation Network card worth $10. I wanted to buy Bionic Commando: Rearmed ($10), figured I'd get it free with my accrued points.:D

BUT, after I added the funds to my PSN wallet, I tried to buy the game and it told me that I could only use $5 of the funds. Some fine print bullsh*t about it being a limit on the PSN card. I ended up charging the remaining $5 on my Sony card.:wall:

So this is a WARNING to those thinking of doing the same thing, and also a QUESTION: does anyone else have a similar experience? If so, is there any way around this?[/QUOTE]

It didn't do that for me...You should try to add the funds to your account instead of trying buy an item with it.

[quote name='am8449']
cagus.smile.jpg
[/QUOTE]

So, what kind of limit is this? A maximum use limit or a minimum amount limit? The latter would be pretty weak.

I found an email in my spam box that said I could get 1500 reward points for setting up auto pay for my Geico insurance policy. I marked it "not spam" and poof the email is gone. fucking yahoo! mail. Maybe this was a fishing scam? Has anyone else seen this email?

Haven't seen that one. But back in August I got one for sign up to pay my cell phone bill automatically get 2,500 points. Did that and got the points a few weeks ago. Just the other day got an email from them saying sign up to automatically pay cable or satellite bill to get 1,500 points. I would but I don't have a bill like that.

[quote name='anthfett06']Haven't seen that one. But back in August I got one for sign up to pay my cell phone bill automatically get 2,500 points. Did that and got the points a few weeks ago. Just the other day got an email from them saying sign up to automatically pay cable or satellite bill to get 1,500 points. I would but I don't have a bill like that.[/QUOTE]

sheesh I am already doing this, wish I would have had those offers.

[quote name='evergoo'] your reasoning...[/quote]

My reasoning is that this is more than 1 minute. Even for me at a desk 5-6 of 7 days a week with the net at my fingertips its more than 1 minute. you have to log into accounts, check pages, etc. Those that are not on the net are either doing it at some random point in the day or starting their day off with turning on the computer, etc.

Free points is free points and as you said its close to $200 a year in points.. but 3minutes x 365 days is 1095 minutes /60 minutes = 18.25 hours a year. I am sure most people could make more than $200 in sony points in 18 hours. Thats all. Could they do it in 3 minute intervals, probably not.

I have this card as well, we have had it since 2002. I use credit cards a lot and pay them back down. I mean a lot. Probably in the tune of $2000-$4000 a month. This has become my primary card. I guess my point was its just not realistic to expect to do this daily. Maybe I am not as committed, as I used to when the other thread was going, but have since not made the time. Its not an argument from me, just something I took 10 seconds to calculate out.

On the "10 Below" thing. I looked back and do not have the email. So I checked my breifcase and still have the copy of the claim form I mailed in (yeah for not cleaning that section out).

There was an email to go with it. If I recall it was basically playing ioff of the colder months as in temperature. They called it the "10 Below".

The link it showed gives a 404:

www.sony.com/sonycard/10below

On the claim form this is what it reads:

Upon Sony Rewards' verification of your claim information, Sony Rewards will procure your requested product and charge you as follows: after deducting 10% from your submitted price, Sonry rewards will apply/redeem your available Sony Rewards points towards the purchase of the product (each Sony Rewards point has a value of 1 cent); if you do not have a sufficient number of points to cover the discounted purchase price, Sony Rewards will charge you Sony Card Visa credit card for the balance of the price.

From that point it asks basic name, billing, ship to address, contact, email, SS# (last 4), card exp date, CVV, Model Descriptio/UPC, Price, retailer.

They also wanted you to submit something showing that price...

As I mentioned since I didnt obviosuly read the word procure and notice they were asking for a shipping address. I actually bought the item at retail and submitted my receipt as proof of price. That did work and they beat the price by 10% took it in reward points and sent it out.

I googled "10 Below" offer and brought this up:

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...rd/+"10+below"+offer&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I found it. the text was in images so searching my inbox for certain words wouldn't bring it back up. Sounds like you may be able to get even more points for setting up other bills too for auto pay!
Use your Sony CardSM or your PlayStation® Card to set up payments of your GEICO® premium. It’s safe and easy. Plus, when you make your first automatic payment of $50 or more, you get 1,500 bonus points.1
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
spacer.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1You will receive your bonus points from Chase if you sign up for recurring GEICO automatic bill payment and make at least one payment of $50 or more by December 31, 2009. Please allow 8 to 10 weeks after the last day of the promotional period for bonus points to post to your account. Maximum bonus accumulation during the promotional period is 1,500 bonus points. Bonus points earned from this promotional offer will not count against any maximum reward accumulation in the rewards program, if applicable. Credit card product changes during the promotional period will forfeit this bonus offer. To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This promotional offer is non-transferable and applies only to the account ending in the last 4 digits referenced in this offer.

2All participating merchants may not be available at ChaseBillManager.com
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[quote name='Snake2715']sheesh I am already doing this, wish I would have had those offers.

My reasoning is that this is more than 1 minute. Even for me at a desk 5-6 of 7 days a week with the net at my fingertips its more than 1 minute. you have to log into accounts, check pages, etc. Those that are not on the net are either doing it at some random point in the day or starting their day off with turning on the computer, etc.

Free points is free points and as you said its close to $200 a year in points.. but 3minutes x 365 days is 1095 minutes /60 minutes = 18.25 hours a year. I am sure most people could make more than $200 in sony points in 18 hours. Thats all. Could they do it in 3 minute intervals, probably not.

I have this card as well, we have had it since 2002. I use credit cards a lot and pay them back down. I mean a lot. Probably in the tune of $2000-$4000 a month. This has become my primary card. I guess my point was its just not realistic to expect to do this daily. Maybe I am not as committed, as I used to when the other thread was going, but have since not made the time. Its not an argument from me, just something I took 10 seconds to calculate out.

On the "10 Below" thing. I looked back and do not have the email. So I checked my breifcase and still have the copy of the claim form I mailed in (yeah for not cleaning that section out).

There was an email to go with it. If I recall it was basically playing ioff of the colder months as in temperature. They called it the "10 Below".

The link it showed gives a 404:

www.sony.com/sonycard/10below

On the claim form this is what it reads:

Upon Sony Rewards' verification of your claim information, Sony Rewards will procure your requested product and charge you as follows: after deducting 10% from your submitted price, Sonry rewards will apply/redeem your available Sony Rewards points towards the purchase of the product (each Sony Rewards point has a value of 1 cent); if you do not have a sufficient number of points to cover the discounted purchase price, Sony Rewards will charge you Sony Card Visa credit card for the balance of the price.

From that point it asks basic name, billing, ship to address, contact, email, SS# (last 4), card exp date, CVV, Model Descriptio/UPC, Price, retailer.

They also wanted you to submit something showing that price...

As I mentioned since I didnt obviosuly read the word procure and notice they were asking for a shipping address. I actually bought the item at retail and submitted my receipt as proof of price. That did work and they beat the price by 10% took it in reward points and sent it out.

I googled "10 Below" offer and brought this up:

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...rd/+"10+below"+offer&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info. Any idea if we could still get them to do that 10 Below thing?

Also, since you are talking about doing the free points and the time it takes to do it. I just want to say I do get the free points every Mon-Fri morning. My routine is to wake up, get dressed, get some breakfast and coffee, and then I sit at my computer while eating. I have websites and my bank accounts that I check every day at this time so I made it my routine to also answer the questions to get the free points. It literally takes one minute to answer all 3 (sometimes 4 if they have the flashback question) and get the points.

I have LastPass in Google Chrome so I am automatically signed into whatever website I visit. I have the sony points answers forum bookmarked. So I click that bookmark, it brings me right to the current day's answers. I click the 3 (or 4) links, 4 new tabs pop up, I answer each question, and BAM I'm done! So you say it takes 18 hours a year...I say it only takes 4 hours a year. So let's see...4 hours to get $200...$50/hour. Not bad! Wish I made that much at my current job.

So for me, it takes literally one minute or less each day as part of my routine to get 1000 free points a month. So why not I ask.

dubb,

was it from Sony rewards as the sender?

anthfett,

Why not is the million dollar question.. i am bookmarking as we speak, I will see how long I can do it this time.

[quote name='Snake2715']dubb,

was it from Sony rewards as the sender?
[/QUOTE]

Sender: Chase Credit Cards

I went to the Geico website by myself to make sure this was legit. Looks like I payed with the Sony card in the past, so that's how they knew I had Geico. So if you pay some of your bills online with your Sony card they may send you these offers.

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^What cable company is it for? TIA[/QUOTE]

On the promo email, it shows Cox, DirectTV, and Dish Network.. which is what available in my area. But I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter which cable company. The bill has to be over $25 by the way.

[quote name='lito88']Wow, Sony takes forever to ship out. I ordered on the 18th and still in processing. Wtf are they doing?[/QUOTE]

dude do you really need to post this everyday? seriously? they'll ship it when they get around to it, it's a rewards site after all.

[quote name='evergoo']am8449: This has never happened to me and I've already redeemed 3 $10 PSN Vouchers. Do you own a Sony Rewards or PlayStation credit card? If not, this may be the reason.[/QUOTE]

evergoo, yes, I do own a PlayStation credit card.

[quote name='Dingleberry']It didn't do that for me...You should try to add the funds to your account instead of trying buy an item with it.[/QUOTE]

Dingleberry, I don't understand what you mean. First I added the $10 voucher funds to my PSN wallet, then I put the game in my Playstation store cart and checked out. That's when I got the message saying I was only allowed to use $5 of my added funds.

[quote name='vagrantpaul']So, what kind of limit is this? A maximum use limit or a minimum amount limit? The latter would be pretty weak.[/QUOTE]

vagrantpaul, I don't know, maybe a maximum use limit? From the other responses, it seem I'm the only one who's had this problem though.

[quote name='jallen']dude do you really need to post this everyday? seriously? they'll ship it when they get around to it, it's a rewards site after all.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.

Have you tried finding a contact email/phone number and speaking with them? Might help.

[quote name='jallen']dude do you really need to post this everyday? seriously? they'll ship it when they get around to it, it's a rewards site after all.[/QUOTE]

I didn't post this everyday so deal with it.

[quote name='Rig']I agree with this.

Have you tried finding a contact email/phone number and speaking with them? Might help.[/QUOTE]

Lmao. Ive already emailed them. All they do is send back generic responses. Calling doesn't help since they all say the same shit.

[quote name='lito88']Lmao. Ive already emailed them. All they do is send back generic responses. Calling doesn't help since they all say the same shit.[/QUOTE]

LMAO...DEAL WITH IT!

wtf are we gonna do here? nothing. maybe call the waaahmbuance for you.

[quote name='am8449']
From the other responses, it seem I'm the only one who's had this problem though.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear you're having problems with the PSN points. I would definitely call them about it. I have a bunch of $10 coupon codes I redeemed at the rewards site, but that I still have to add to my PSN wallet, and I am hoping that I don't run into the same problem. The reason I'm kind of dreading it is that I've already had my share of issues with these reward points (my bad experience with the "free Blockbuster rental" coupons really pissed me off and gave me second thoughts about keeping the card for the long term).

[quote name='CENNY']Sorry to hear you're having problems with the PSN points. I would definitely call them about it. I have a bunch of $10 coupon codes I redeemed at the rewards site, but that I still have to add to my PSN wallet, and I am hoping that I don't run into the same problem. The reason I'm kind of dreading it is that I've already had my share of issues with these reward points (my bad experience with the "free Blockbuster rental" coupons really pissed me off and gave me second thoughts about keeping the card for the long term).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion. I probably will call them.

I think I know what you mean. I get a bad feeling every time I have to deal with corporations. Like somehow they're gonna find a way to screw me over.

Good luck with your points. If you'd rather not deal with it, you could probably ebay the points or try trading them with someone on CAG, maybe?

If it makes you guys feel better...I lost 11,000 points when my card changed over from cictbank to chase. Every time I call SONY they tell me it is being investigated. It has been going on since 2005.

bread's done
Back