The definitive sony card rewards thread - a good start to a free game or controller

[quote name='evergoo']Here's an easy way to earn 100 points thanks to Gamefly.

1. Sign out of Sony Rewards site.
2. Go to www.100freepoints.com
3. Click "Log in."
4. Sign into your account and type in the code "M3LR8GW."
5. Boo-yeah. :cool:

Points will not appear automatically. I tried this on 2 different accounts so the code is universal.[/QUOTE]

Mine took the code and said I got 100 points, but my total did not go up. Anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='slowdive21']Mine took the code and said I got 100 points, but my total did not go up. Anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]

me too..
oh well....

[quote name='slowdive21']Mine took the code and said I got 100 points, but my total did not go up. Anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Checked back after 9 hours. Still nothing.

[quote name='Ocajavati']Same here.

Checked back after 9 hours. Still nothing.[/QUOTE]

I believe it said it can take up to 24 hours to post.

And thanks evergoo!

Hopefully this doesn't allow them to link all of my Sony Pictures Blurays from Netflix to Blu-Ray club registrations. That would suck.

Just want to say thanks OP and CAGs for this thread. Earned enough for the bluetooth keyboard, it took about two weeks to arrive (fair enough, ordered it over xmas) and am now in spitting distance of the PS3 Eye.

So thanks to everyone on this thread for my free stuff. :D

Well, here's the reply to my email asking why they list the PSN vouchers as no longer available. I don't trust them to have accurate information for a heartbeat, but maybe, just maybe, they will be back eventually. This is basically the same reply I got when trying to redeem points for a PSP game that was on order for a month. I won't be pressing F5 on the ole' Sony Rewards Website any time soon.

"The PlayStation vouchers are currently out of stock on the website.
Please revisit the website in 2 weeks to check availability. Sorry for
the inconvenience.

Thank you,

The Sony Rewards Redemption Center"

[quote name='flameofdoom666']How many points is a PS3 controller?[/QUOTE]
They are 4675 points, problem is if you are not a card holder, you can only apply 500 points to it since the item is $100 or less.

BTW what is this Jeopardy! Download? Costs 10,000 points.

[quote name='decon']They are 4675 points, problem is if you are not a card holder, you can only apply 500 points to it since the item is $100 or less.

BTW what is this Jeopardy! Download? Costs 10,000 points.[/QUOTE]
WHAT?!?! I didn't know this? Well crap.

[quote name='decon']They are 4675 points, problem is if you are not a card holder, you can only apply 500 points to it since the item is $100 or less.

its showing 5,500 points for a Dualshock. howd you find it for 4675?
Im a card holder too.

Does the card have any anual fees (or things I should know about)?

Assuming I have enough points- shipping and tax are all covered?

[quote name='anumeric']its showing 5,500 points for a Dualshock. howd you find it for 4675?
Im a card holder too.[/QUOTE]

Once you get "jackpot" status you get 15% off.

[quote name='decon']Once you get "jackpot" status you get 15% off.[/QUOTE]

What is jackpot status? Sorry I am new to this. it is overwhelming... lol

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Does the card have any anual fees (or things I should know about)?

Assuming I have enough points- shipping and tax are all covered?[/QUOTE]
No annual fee. Shipping is covered except for gift cards. Not sure about tax.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']What is jackpot status? Sorry I am new to this. it is overwhelming... lol[/QUOTE]
You have to do the wheel bonus puzzle for 12 or 15 a month and you automatically get the 15% off.

[quote name='decon']You have to do the wheel bonus puzzle for 12 or 15 a month and you automatically get the 15% off.[/QUOTE]

What exactly is the wheel bonus puzzle? Sorry, this is the first time that I came across this thread.

How would I go about registering 5 items for 2500 points? I click the link in the OP and it takes me to SonyStyle. I try to sign in, but it says invalid...

[quote name='Arakias']$10 PSN rewards card is back up
http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/redee...2779/2780?&pid=PLAYSTVOUCHER&subcategory=9835

also there is this email for some
" Wheel Watchers Club Week: Extra 10% off + Double Bonus Round Points (for cardholders)
I just received a targeted email with the coupon code "WWCWeek" for 10% off Sony Rewards purchase price. This stacks with the Jackpot level 15% off I had already earned. "[/QUOTE]

Ehh...not so fast. I just bought 5 of the PSN cards and so far the first two codes give me an error message saying they've already been redeemed or they're not valid. Will be emailing them quickly. Doh. F*ckin Sony Rewards. Biggest pain in the ass rewards card in existence.

[quote name='berzirk']Ehh...not so fast. I just bought 5 of the PSN cards and so far the first two codes give me an error message saying they've already been redeemed or they're not valid. Will be emailing them quickly. Doh. F*ckin Sony Rewards. Biggest pain in the ass rewards card in existence.[/QUOTE]

I would just call them. I've tried emailing them in the past and every time I've received generic responses that don't answer anything and just tell you to call.

[quote name='greatdevastator']I would just call them. I've tried emailing them in the past and every time I've received generic responses that don't answer anything and just tell you to call.[/QUOTE]

X2 They never answer anything in email because they change the rules of redemption.

Back in the day they used to give you either 10% off or 500 points off your order if you ordered 2 or more of the same item (or some point deduction). It used to be on their redemption page, but they never honored it. I called about it several times and eventually they took it off the website, but I never got my points.

Is anyone else still waiting on points credit? I have not heard about some of my points submitted in early December.

Question! I have have some PS3 games I want enter in the purchase credit form to get points. They don't have model numbers so should I use the name for the model number?

[quote name='cheaphuck']Question! I have have some PS3 games I want enter in the purchase credit form to get points. They don't have model numbers so should I use the name for the model number?[/QUOTE]

I use PS3 and the title of the game. For example:

PS3 Uncharted

Nvm. Sonyrewards being shitty as ever with their order processing.

None of the three I've claimed so far work. Called them, and the customer service lady mentioned that his colleague has gotten a report of the exact same issue recently.

Might have been you. In fact, it probably was you. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='greatdevastator']I would just call them. I've tried emailing them in the past and every time I've received generic responses that don't answer anything and just tell you to call.[/QUOTE]

Roger that. I called, they couldn't explain why that was happening, have it escalated, and will be calling me back within a couple of days.

[quote name='Bad']Confirmed, I just bought a PSN card earlier today and it's invalid. Yay Sony.[/QUOTE]

Makes you wonder why Sony has been accused of so much phail lately, when it seems like everything with their name on it goes so smooth and without a hitch. :|

Well at least they offered to refund my points. I'm gonna wait for the call back since I don't have enough points for anything else anyway.

Two things:

1. PSN Cards are now redeemable again. I haven't personally tried redeeming them yet but adding them to the cart does work.

2. Apply the coupon code "WWCWeek" to receive an additional 10% off one redeemable item. Stacks with Jackpot discount. Make sure that the code you applied it for is something you want to buy for sure because the system is glitched. It ate my code and wouldn't apply it on a different item so I had to call CSR. :bomb: Code may not work for everyone and expires on 1/24.

Edit: I just called Sony CSR and it looks like many people are reporting PSN voucher failures.

[quote name='evergoo']Two things:

1. PSN Cards are now redeemable again. I haven't personally tried redeeming them yet but adding them to the cart does work.

2. Apply the coupon code "WWCWeek" to receive an additional 10% off on any redeemable item. Stacks with Jackpot discount. Code may not work for everyone and should be available for only a week.[/QUOTE]

you are THE MAN!

[quote name='evergoo']Two things:

2. Apply the coupon code "WWCWeek" to receive an additional 10% off one redeemable item. Stacks with Jackpot discount. Make sure that the code you applied it for is something you want to buy for sure because the system is glitched. It ate my code and wouldn't apply it on a different item so I had to call CSR. :bomb: Code may not work for everyone and expires on 1/24.

Edit: I just called Sony CSR and it looks like many people are reporting PSN voucher failures.[/QUOTE]

try that code again in a day. i've applied some coupon codes just to see the final price, then removed the item from my cart. If you try to use it again right away it says invalid, try it again later. May not work with that code cause it's for everyone, but give it a try

did you try it on PSN vouchers? i'm curious if it'll work for those.

[quote name='xaikou']Any one with invalid codes get theirs to work/new code? I called yesterday and still nothing.[/QUOTE]

Still invalid here.. I might ask them to refund my points so I can try again. Normal CS can do this for you.

I assume PSN cards are still just for the credit card holders?

It's under "Sony Card Insider Specials" so I think so.

[quote name='Bad']Still invalid here.. I might ask them to refund my points so I can try again. Normal CS can do this for you.

It's under "Sony Card Insider Specials" so I think so.[/QUOTE]

Nothing for me as well. Let's just hope the Playstation Store updates continue to be as pathetic as the last two weeks so I don't really get pissed that the codes don't work.

Any luck with a second order going through with valid codes? I guess I have enough points that I can try to place another one for the $10 card.

-Update, when I called today asking if they had resolution yet, they said they are still waiting on the head office to suggest what to do but that they can't cancel the order and return points since it's a digital download and there's no way to know if I used the codes or not. I told asked, "You won't refund them even though the error is on your side and they don't work?" She just told me again they need to wait on the head office to advise them on how to handle it

Sony, you are officially a mess on every level.

definitely got my code redeemed. I checked this toppic first, so have at it people that had problems. They dropped a lot of game prices temporarily to 5 dollars each.

The codes that weren't working before are working now.

All three codes that I couldn't activate before are now usable.

Damn this sucks. The one week they put a 10% off code out there to stack on top of my jackpot bonus and everything I want to buy with my points is out of stock.

EDIT

and to top it off PS3 stuff does not apply so I can't get myself a new controller with the discount.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']While doing everything in the OP, I can't seem to figure out how to register 5 products for 500 points each! Helpppp![/QUOTE]

Did you do the email to get the points or did you use the link on the page right after registration?

[quote name='jughead']Woot! Just got four 10 dollar codes. I hope they work because I like to use these as trade bait.[/QUOTE]

the ones i bought two days ago don't work. they're having some sort of issue with them.
did you get an email when you ordered them?

edit: scratch that they're working!

[quote name='Ocajavati']The codes that weren't working before are working now.

All three codes that I couldn't activate before are now usable.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this! I just entered all three of my codes, and they're all working now! I'm so relieved. I didn't have any hope that Sony was going to resolve this issue if they couldn't get the codes to work.

bread's done
Back