The definitive sony card rewards thread - a good start to a free game or controller

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Is the Sony Product Registration not giving 500 pts each upto 2500 pts? I tried registering 2 and they both registered successfully but no points credited to my account. Anyone?[/QUOTE]

One of the recent changes was the removal of the points for the registration. I wish I could change the OP to have more updated information.

i got rejected for a purchase credit!! wtf? bonus points went through, but purchase credit rejected. It was for bad company 2 on PS3 bought from amazon. anyone else had an issue getting credit for a PS3 game? everything i've read has said it's been no problem. already sent an email to sonyrewards asking for explanation. we'll see...

add on top of that the addition of sales tax (is that even legal?), and shipping on PS3 games, and take away the wof/spt 15% bonus and i'm a little bitter. Sony is shady with tax anyways, i know they charge tax on PSN cards in my sony style store, and if you pay tax on psn you've just been double taxed. So I would just say I'll do a purchase credit from now on but now i'm getting rejected lol. ugggh.

[quote name='jallen']i got rejected for a purchase credit!! wtf? bonus points went through, but purchase credit rejected. It was for bad company 2 on PS3 bought from amazon. anyone else had an issue getting credit for a PS3 game? everything i've read has said it's been no problem. already sent an email to sonyrewards asking for explanation. we'll see...

add on top of that the addition of sales tax (is that even legal?), and shipping on PS3 games, and take away the wof/spt 15% bonus and i'm a little bitter. Sony is shady with tax anyways, i know they charge tax on PSN cards in my sony style store, and if you pay tax on psn you've just been double taxed. So I would just say I'll do a purchase credit from now on but now i'm getting rejected lol. ugggh.[/QUOTE]

My brother got a BB purchase rejected as well. Last year I think they started rejecting claims near the end of the year so they could catch up with the redemptions.

[quote name='jallen']i got rejected for a purchase credit!! wtf? bonus points went through, but purchase credit rejected. It was for bad company 2 on PS3 bought from amazon. anyone else had an issue getting credit for a PS3 game?[/QUOTE]

I had no problems getting credited for Gran Turismo 5 from Amazon. I submitted the form Nov 27 and got approved around Dec 5. I dunno if it makes a difference, but I paid less than MSRP for it ($32 after discounts and credit). I've yet to get the bonus points for it though.

[quote name='benzadrine']I had no problems getting credited for Gran Turismo 5 from Amazon. I submitted the form Nov 27 and got approved around Dec 5. I dunno if it makes a difference, but I paid less than MSRP for it ($32 after discounts and credit). I've yet to get the bonus points for it though.[/QUOTE]

On my last redemption I only got the points, not the credit. I wonder if they are making you choose 1 or the other now.

Does anyone know if they charge for shipping when you order a DVD movie from Sony Rewards using your points, or is it free? Thanks.

[quote name='CENNY']Does anyone know if they charge for shipping when you order a DVD movie from Sony Rewards using your points, or is it free? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that shipping only applies to Playstation items. They will charge sales tax, however.

[quote name='hlaalumaster9']My understanding is that shipping only applies to Playstation items. They will charge sales tax, however.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. You actually have to pay sales tax on stuff like DVDs using your sony rewards points then? (had the card for years but I've never actually ordered anything physical from them before, mostly Blockbuster ecoupons and PSN vouchers, so this is new to me)

Has anybody tried to get points and credit for Blu-rays? Is it only good for Sony movies or for any blu-rays? It seems like all PS3 games count (even non-Sony games), but do all Blu-Rays?

[quote name='vgossain']Has anybody tried to get points and credit for Blu-rays? Is it only good for Sony movies or for any blu-rays? It seems like all PS3 games count (even non-Sony games), but do all Blu-Rays?[/QUOTE]
All blu rays work.

[quote name='CENNY']Thanks for the reply. You actually have to pay sales tax on stuff like DVDs using your sony rewards points then? (had the card for years but I've never actually ordered anything physical from them before, mostly Blockbuster ecoupons and PSN vouchers, so this is new to me)[/QUOTE]

Yes, they only added it a month ago along with the other changes. It's a pain =(

My wife threw out the box for my PS3. Does anyone have the UPC code for the PS3 160GB Bundle from Amazon Black Friday? The one with the Uncharted 2, PixelJunk Shooter voucher, Karate Kid blu ray.

Or was it just a normal 160GB UPC code? Trying to fill out the Sony Rewards request for purchase credit.

I'm doing the purchase credit thing for the first time. Where do i find the model number for games? This is for Uncharted 2 GOTY. I just put the UPC code in the UPC section but it won't let me submit the form

edit: nvm, I found it along the spine of the game at the bottom. Hope it goes through.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm doing the purchase credit thing for the first time. Where do i find the model number for games? This is for Uncharted 2 GOTY. I just put the UPC code in the UPC section but it won't let me submit the form

edit: nvm, I found it along the spine of the game at the bottom. Hope it goes through.[/QUOTE]

You can just put "PS3 Uncharted 2 GOTY" or you could put the BULS number. As long as the upc and price are correct, you should not have a problem.

[quote name='ssjmichael']edit: nvm, I found it along the spine of the game at the bottom. Hope it goes through.[/QUOTE]

It will; that's what I always do, and I've gotten like 6 or 7 games already on purchase credit.

Just out of curiosity, is registering games only possible for those with the Sony Card?

If anyone can register PS3 games, where do you go about doing this on the Sony sites?

I've been trying to save up for a PS3. I didn't really want to go the route of buying somewhere else and getting the money back after the fact since I rarely use my credit card, so it would take me at least until next Christmas to actually use whatever they reimburse me. Now, it sounds like they are issuing credits faster under Capital One. Has anyone successfully bought something, submitted for reimbursement, and had it issued all in one credit statement period? I was hoping if I bought on the first day of the billing cycle that it might actually work out.

There is no bonus for registering games for either card holders or non-cardholders.

As for getting credit within one cycle, it took them about 7 days to send me the confirmation and then 20+ days from then to when the credit actually posted. I also applied for one in early December and still haven't received notification on it so it might take a while.

[quote name='rambina57']I've been trying to save up for a PS3. I didn't really want to go the route of buying somewhere else and getting the money back after the fact since I rarely use my credit card, so it would take me at least until next Christmas to actually use whatever they reimburse me. Now, it sounds like they are issuing credits faster under Capital One. Has anyone successfully bought something, submitted for reimbursement, and had it issued all in one credit statement period? I was hoping if I bought on the first day of the billing cycle that it might actually work out.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late reply, hope it's not too late. Yes, I have been able to get credit back in one statement. What I would do is do the purchase at the beginning of the next billing cycle, and send in the receipts the very same day or the next day. That should increase your chances. They've been taking like 1 to 2 weeks to do the credit now (as opposed to a month and a half).

Don't forget to submit a bonus points form along with the purchase credit form. You can use the same envelope, but pay mind to the extra wait and use the proper postage.

[quote name='slowdive21']Looks like SONY has slowed down on the redemptions again. I have 8 outstanding that were mailed 12/10.[/QUOTE]

Nooooo! :( I've got a Move bundle on the way I'm going to redeem... sigh.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Nooooo! :( I've got a Move bundle on the way I'm going to redeem... sigh.[/QUOTE]

I heard a rumor that they were trying to minimize the amount of redemptions at the end of the year, but I suspect that they just had their staff prioritize holiday sales-related matters- who knows? I am sending in for credit for EA Sports Active 2 tomorrow, going to hope for the best! My UC2 redemption from early December is still outstanding as well.

That's a bummer. They're probably inundated with redemptions and purchase credit forms because of the holiday. I sure wish they would get a fax machine or allow you to e-mail a PDF of the receipts.

[quote name='jh6269']That's a bummer. They're probably inundated with redemptions and purchase credit forms because of the holiday. I sure wish they would get a fax machine or allow you to e-mail a PDF of the receipts.[/QUOTE]

One time they let me fax in a re-submission (because I bitched about it), but I think that person no longer works at SONY.

I'm thinking of staying with the Sony card, and got a question for anyone who knows how this credit cards changing from one company to another works. They're automatically changing us Chase Sony people over to Capital One Sony card in a few months, right? So, when they automatically open my Capital One account, will I get the same promo point credits for opening the account that someone new applying for the same card will get? Right now I think it's like $50 worth of bonus Sony reward points for starting a new account.

Or would I have to close my current Chase Sony card, then afterwards apply for a new Capital Sony card separaretly on my own, if I want those promo points for opening up an account? Thanks.

[quote name='CENNY']I'm thinking of staying with the Sony card, and got a question for anyone who knows how this credit cards changing from one company to another works. They're automatically changing us Chase Sony people over to Capital One Sony card in a few months, right? So, when they automatically open my Capital One account, will I get the same promo point credits for opening the account that someone new applying for the same card will get? Right now I think it's like $50 worth of bonus Sony reward points for starting a new account.

Or would I have to close my current Chase Sony card, then afterwards apply for a new Capital Sony card separaretly on my own, if I want those promo points for opening up an account? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I haven't seen anything in my mail or e-mail about the Sony card changing from Chase to Capital One. Where did you get that info?

finally got my purchase credit from my submission in october(HA!). after my first email, they said i didn't include a receipt (I included 2, one for the points, one for the credit). I sent another email telling them they're idiots and to get their sh!t together, but in nicer words. They replied with a "we're looking into it". They also told me to update my phone # in my account if they need to get in touch with me......except there's no place to enter a phone # lol. Regardless, the credit showed up like 2 weeks after that. The problem is you can't reply to their emails, so you have to send a new one every time. So just keep bitchin at em through email and things should start happening. Also, if you want to avoid as many BS excuses as you can, ship the points and credit forms separately, each with their own receipt.

[quote name='redline']I haven't seen anything in my mail or e-mail about the Sony card changing from Chase to Capital One. Where did you get that info?[/QUOTE]

It was mentioned in this thread a few months ago. A few people got told that everyone with the card was getting shifted over to CapOne. I think it's supposed to happen in a few months time (anyone remember what month?)

[quote name='CENNY']It was mentioned in this thread a few months ago. A few people got told that everyone with the card was getting shifted over to CapOne. I think it's supposed to happen in a few months time (anyone remember what month?)[/QUOTE]

I could have sworn it was supposed to be january out february?

[quote name='CENNY']It was mentioned in this thread a few months ago. A few people got told that everyone with the card was getting shifted over to CapOne. I think it's supposed to happen in a few months time (anyone remember what month?)[/QUOTE]

March is what people said on the Wheel Watcher forum.

Yes, you could theoretically get a free TV, but it will take you a long time unless you use the card for everything (it might still take a year or two depending how much you spend).

Hello all, quick question, I just signed up for the sony rewards and the cc but while going through the redemption catalog I can't find anything playstation at all to buy/add to wishlist. Am I missing something?

[quote name='redline']I haven't seen anything in my mail or e-mail about the Sony card changing from Chase to Capital One. Where did you get that info?[/QUOTE]

When I signed up for my Sony Card I was re-directed to a Cap One site to do the verification.

[quote name='timma05']Hello all, quick question, I just signed up for the sony rewards and the cc but while going through the redemption catalog I can't find anything playstation at all to buy/add to wishlist. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

I think you have to wait until you have the card and register it to your account to see it since Playstation stuff is members-only. "Playstation" is the bottom-center category when you select "Redeem Now!". To be honest, you'll get a much better deal using the card credit than ordering on their site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome will do, appreciate the help man, can't wait to be a regular contributor to this forum, Im loving all the help so far. I found it looking for RLS stuff and I'm hooked

if anyone owns salt, or easy a, the other guys, or hell even next week's the social network.....if you have a user name to long .....hench mine being flatliner718 ....the new register a blu-ray interface has changed, and only accepts flatliner7....i can't sign in......anyone got a remedy? Sony isn't responding to e-mails....yay!

[quote name='CENNY']I'm thinking of staying with the Sony card, and got a question for anyone who knows how this credit cards changing from one company to another works. They're automatically changing us Chase Sony people over to Capital One Sony card in a few months, right? So, when they automatically open my Capital One account, will I get the same promo point credits for opening the account that someone new applying for the same card will get? Right now I think it's like $50 worth of bonus Sony reward points for starting a new account.

Or would I have to close my current Chase Sony card, then afterwards apply for a new Capital Sony card separaretly on my own, if I want those promo points for opening up an account? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
New account promos are always for new cardholders. As an existing cardholder they'll just send you a new card serviced by Cap One. If you want the promo points, apply for the Cap One card. You don't need to close your existing card unless you hate the thought of having two Crap One cards.

Oh, and if you do close the Chase card, don't do it until after applying for the Cap One card and getting accepted.

Man i can't believe how much time i wasted registering all my products and registering with the site its pretty much 99.999% useless unless you have the Sony credit card other wise the max points a account can hold is 500. And looking at the rewards ive found only one item on the entire site that costs 500 points and its not worth it if they gave it away for free. I swear they always hide the fine print bunch of cons getting little boys hopes up just to step on them. Its not even worth even trying to apply either as I'm 99.999% sure they will turn my credit down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this has been addressed in the thread, After browsing, I'm still a little unclear.

If I am not interested in applying for the Sony Card, am I not eligible to earn points for Playstation-related prizes? I signed up wanting to do just the rewards portion (I do not want to apply for a credit card), but it looks like I'm locked out of the Playstation stuff.

Thanks for clarifying.

Can I use the points the points to redeem any PS3 game, or just ones published by Sony?

A few months ago, I got in on the $200 credit from the Capital One card. I sent in my point redemption papers, and I actually got an extra $18 credit after the $200 was credited; because of the bonus points I suppose. I thought they would only credit just enough to cover the cost of the item.

[quote name='Viperx116']Can I use the points the points to redeem any PS3 game, or just ones published by Sony?

A few months ago, I got in on the $200 credit from the Capital One card. I sent in my point redemption papers, and I actually got an extra $18 credit after the $200 was credited; because of the bonus points I suppose. I thought they would only credit just enough to cover the cost of the item.[/QUOTE]

U can use it for any ps3 game.

[quote name='fatboyjam']Sorry if this has been addressed in the thread, After browsing, I'm still a little unclear.

If I am not interested in applying for the Sony Card, am I not eligible to earn points for Playstation-related prizes? I signed up wanting to do just the rewards portion (I do not want to apply for a credit card), but it looks like I'm locked out of the Playstation stuff.

Thanks for clarifying.[/QUOTE]

You can't redeem Playstation stuff without the card sadly. You can also only apply 500 points to any item worth less than 10,000 so you're going to have to work for a long time to redeem anything.

What have people's experiences been with Points Plus? Is it worth it to buy from them that way for more points? Since you buy through their site, do you still have to fill out the credit form or is it applied automatically?

[quote name='rambina57']What have people's experiences been with Points Plus? Is it worth it to buy from them that way for more points? Since you buy through their site, do you still have to fill out the credit form or is it applied automatically?[/QUOTE]

I tried it with GameStop and it never credited me. I e-mailed them and asked about it and all I got was a reply that said I can't take any other offers with a purchase. I paid full price for the game, so I don't get how it's supposed to work.

When they get the Points Plus to work at B&M stores, I think it will be great, but so far my experience has not been very good with Points Plus.

bread's done
Back