The Doors FREE 3-song DLC pack for Rock Band 3--Oct. 26-Nov. 1

FreeStuffFan85

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Hey, guys. I posted this in the Xbox freebies sticky thread. But, I know that you guys don't all check that thread. So I wanted to make a separate thread (to REALLY get the word out...especially if some of you are on the fence about buying Rock Band 3 this month). Nebenator, please don't be mad at me. :lol:

From October 26th until November 1st, a 3 pack of songs by The Doors will be available for FREE to download for Rock Band 3. But there is a catch...

The DLC will only be available in the Rock Band 3 in-game Music Store. So you HAVE to have a Rock Band 3 disc to get the songs. This 3-pack is available for Xbox 360, Playstation 3 AND Nintendo Wii. Here are the songs that will be in the 3-pack:

"Light My Fire"
"Riders On the Storm"
"Touch Me"

All 3 songs will include pro drums, pro keyboard and vocal harmonies, along with a free upgrade for pro guitar AND pro bass.

Here is the link to the official thread from Harmonix:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202713

Remember, this will only be available through the Rock Band 3 in-game Music Store, so you'll need a Rock Band 3 disc to download the DLC. Also, this DLC WILL NOT work with Rock Band 1 or Rock Band 2. Happy rocking, everyone! :D

I just wanted to remind everyone:

Tomorrow is the last day to pre-order Rock Band 3 before it releases Tuesday. If you were on the fence about getting the game from Gamestop for their 3 free songs pre-order bonus or wanted to purchase it from another retailer like Amazon, Walmart or Best Buy for $10 back (with an additional $15 Best Buy gift card for purchasing the game and keyboard together), tonight would be a good time to make your final decisions. ;)

[quote name='intoxicated662']still not enough reason to buy the game @ launch for me yet. i'll wait for a sale or something better..[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, what kind of a sale price do you plan to wait on? And what would be your definition of "something better?" I'm not being sarcastic about that either. I'm really wondering...

It's THE DOORS! FOR FREE! :lol:That's $9 DLC they're giving away for free and Gamestop is also giving out 3 free songs. I know that some people will choose to wait to get the game, but I wouldn't expect the price to drop lower than $50 anytime soon (you MIGHT get lucky and be able to find a $40-ish deal around Christmas, but that's a big MAYBE).

Last thing: if you are interested in buying any future DLC for Rock Band, it will only be playable in Rock Band 3 (save for content from Rock Band Network until RBN 2.0 songs come out). I know I posted all that in the OP, but I just wanted to put it out there again. :) If possible, try to borrow a copy from someone or rent it to get access to the in-game Music Store for the free songs. Then when the game goes on sale for the price you're willing to pay, you'll have free songs on your hard drive already.

Thanks very much op! My friend is getting the PS3 version tomorrow (er, today), I'll let her know.

Just a reminder:

Tomorrow is the last day to download these 3 songs for free. They get marked up to $2 a pop Tuesday (with an extra dollar for each song for the Pro guitar and bass charts). If you haven't gotten them yet don't forget to download them from the Rock Band 3 in-game music store. :)

Got my copy & my free Doors DLC. :)

Dont really wanna drop 1200 for the rest. Kind of wish they were broken out. Only want a couple of them from the pack. But I guess I will drop the 1200 sometime in the future.

[quote name='Coyotezeye']Got my copy & my free Doors DLC. :)

Dont really wanna drop 1200 for the rest. Kind of wish they were broken out. Only want a couple of them from the pack. But I guess I will drop the 1200 sometime in the future.[/QUOTE]

They are releasing them as singles this week ;)

bread's done
Back