The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Gen. Discussion & Info

So I just got some MS Points the other day. I've yet to actually make my way through the main quest and haven't played in a while. What would everyone recommend as the most worthwhile D/L extra game content for Oblivion?

Bethesda Softworks® today announced plans to make its new Knights of the Nine™ content for The Elder Scrolls IV®: Oblivion™ available for the Xbox 360™ videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows via download and a new retail Windows product. Knights of the Nine will be available through Xbox Live® Marketplace for Xbox 360 and www.OblivionDownloads.com on November 21st.

Knights of the Nine will also be available as a Windows boxed product at retail on the 21st. The retail version of Knights of the Nine is a compilation that will include all the other Oblivion downloadable content released to date: Horse Armor, The Orrery, Wizard’s Tower, Vile Lair, Thieves Den, Mehrunes’ Razor, and Spell Tomes. Bethesda Softworks will publish and distribute Knights of the Nine at retail directly in North America and through a co-publisher arrangement with Ubisoft in Europe.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12017/Knights-of-the-Nine-Content-Available/

I hope they make it cheap. When this releases I'll probobly go back to playing Oblivion.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I bet it will be about $20.00.[/quote]

The retail version will probobly be $20 but that includes all the other questst as well. This one I'm hoping $5 but I bet it will be about $10

Price announced for Knights of the Nine:

15. What will be the retail price of Knights of the Nine? What will be the points cost for download on Xbox Live Marketplace?
The retail version will be $19.99, and that includes all of the DLC released to date, including Knights of the Nine. To download just Knights of the Nine for *PC/Xbox 360 is $9.99/800 points.

http://www.killerbetties.com/knights_of_the_nine_pc_xbox_360_qa_pete_hines?page=0,1

*PC includes all preiviously released DLC including the Horse Armor ;)

Knights of the Nine - the EXCLUSIVE PS3 content (hee hee) - is now on the Marketplace. 800 points. It was up around midnight EDT.

Jeremy

Thanks OP for posting this. Went ahead and downloaded even though I am only 15 hours in, I know that this is a game I will continue to play off and on for months.

FYI:

Oblivion: Knights of the Nine
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-off.gif

The following ‘Oblivion’ content is available on the Xbox Live Marketplace for all regions:

Name: Knights of the Nine
Price: 800 Points
Available in: All Xbox Live Regions
Dash Details: A fallen King has been unchained from the darkness of Oblivion to seek vengeance upon the Gods who banished him. Only a champion pure of heart can vanquish the evil that has been released upon the land. You must heed the call, reclaim the lost relics of the Divine Crusader, and return the Nine to glory. New dungeons, characters, quests, and mysteries await.

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/11/21/oblivion-knights-of-the-nine.aspx

[quote name='LinkinPrime']FYI:

Oblivion: Knights of the Nine
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-off.gif

The following ‘Oblivion’ content is available on the Xbox Live Marketplace for all regions:

Name: Knights of the Nine
Price: 800 Points
Available in: All Xbox Live Regions
Dash Details: A fallen King has been unchained from the darkness of Oblivion to seek vengeance upon the Gods who banished him. Only a champion pure of heart can vanquish the evil that has been released upon the land. You must heed the call, reclaim the lost relics of the Divine Crusader, and return the Nine to glory. New dungeons, characters, quests, and mysteries await.

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/11/21/oblivion-knights-of-the-nine.aspx[/QUOTE]

Linkin, beat ya (for once):

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116489

Let me savor the moment... ;)

[quote name='mr ryles']I so badly want to start playing this game again, but then I remember I am a vampire. :([/quote]
I think if you d/l the Vampire's Layer DLC you can (eventually?) get an easier cure for vampirism.

[quote name='2Fast']I think if you d/l the Vampire's Layer DLC you can (eventually?) get an easier cure for vampirism.[/QUOTE]

ya when that came out my hopes where high of finally enjoying the game again, but it turns out that you have to complete a mission and then buy something for the place that costs $10,000+ (if I remember correctly) I only had a few thousand at the time so that shot that dream down.

I'm guessing that for the 800 point Knights of the Nine d/l on the marketplace, 360 owners aren't going to recieve all of the back catalogue of downloadable content as well... or are they?

Can anyone who has taken the plunge clarify?

im wondering this too, because they removed everything else that was available for download, so you would think you did. who knows...

I have a question about the Oblivion games disc.

First off, its been a love-hate relationship with this game. I have had constant issues with Oblivion, Dirty Disc Errors, lock ups and glitches since about hour 20. I noticed that there were several scratches on the back of the disc, the only disc in my collection that had these scratches. So I returned the game to the store where I bought it and received a replacement. The lock ups and dirty disc errors stopped.. I was convinced my original disc was the culprit and I was back in gaming heaven, I logged a good 40 hours with no issues.... but the problems returned along with the scratches, (still the only game in my collection that is not in pristine condition).

I managed to keep myself playing through all the hassles because I loved the game so much. I logged over 200 hrs and created 2 characters when it was all said and done. I felt satisfied that I did enough with the game and stopped playing it a couple months ago.

Since then my Xbox 360 had died and I received a new one (before I get flamed, I'm not blaming any particular game on the death of my system... it just simply died). Since Bethesda was offering Mehrune's Razor for free, I decided to give it another try. I was curious if my faulty system had anything to do with all the issues I had before and I was hoping for some problem-free gaming. I've been playing with this new console for quite sometime and it has worked like a charm but when I put that Oblivion disc in, the tray started to vibrate. I ejected it and put in a different game.... No vibration.... I put Oblivion back in... again it started to vibrate... It only happens when I put Oblivion in the disc tray. At this point I am not willing to risk any damage to my new console so I'm never playing that disc again.

That was a long back story but back to my original questions. Has anyone else had a similar problem with this game? Is it possible that the disc is not balanced and it's causing the vibration? Is there any differences between the limited edition and standard edition dvds, like a different graphic on the top or anything like that?

[quote name='felixlighter']I have a question about the Oblivion games disc.

First off, its been a love-hate relationship with this game. I have had constant issues with Oblivion, Dirty Disc Errors, lock ups and glitches since about hour 20. I noticed that there were several scratches on the back of the disc, the only disc in my collection that had these scratches. So I returned the game to the store where I bought it and received a replacement. The lock ups and dirty disc errors stopped.. I was convinced my original disc was the culprit and I was back in gaming heaven, I logged a good 40 hours with no issues.... but the problems returned along with the scratches, (still the only game in my collection that is not in pristine condition).

I managed to keep myself playing through all the hassles because I loved the game so much. I logged over 200 hrs and created 2 characters when it was all said and done. I felt satisfied that I did enough with the game and stopped playing it a couple months ago.

Since then my Xbox 360 had died and I received a new one (before I get flamed, I'm not blaming any particular game on the death of my system... it just simply died). Since Bethesda was offering Mehrune's Razor for free, I decided to give it another try. I was curious if my faulty system had anything to do with all the issues I had before and I was hoping for some problem-free gaming. I've been playing with this new console for quite sometime and it has worked like a charm but when I put that Oblivion disc in, the tray started to vibrate. I ejected it and put in a different game.... No vibration.... I put Oblivion back in... again it started to vibrate... It only happens when I put Oblivion in the disc tray. At this point I am not willing to risk any damage to my new console so I'm never playing that disc again.

That was a long back story but back to my original questions. Has anyone else had a similar problem with this game? Is it possible that the disc is not balanced and it's causing the vibration? Is there any differences between the limited edition and standard edition dvds, like a different graphic on the top or anything like that?[/quote]

The old system was scratching the disc, it's just a coincidence that it died. Something was wrong with the system. I think Oblivion is one of the games that pushes the 360 to the limit. I haven't found a person who hasn't had the game freeze up their 360 at least once. It happened to me a handful of times throughout the course of me playing the game. You'll be fine playing Oblivion on your new 360.

[quote name='Trakan']The old system was scratching the disc, it's just a coincidence that it died. Something was wrong with the system. I think Oblivion is one of the games that pushes the 360 to the limit. I haven't found a person who hasn't had the game freeze up their 360 at least once. It happened to me a handful of times throughout the course of me playing the game. You'll be fine playing Oblivion on your new 360.[/QUOTE]

I agree that Oblivion had nothing to do with the death of my last console and it almost certainly caused the scratches. The reason I'm reluctant to play Oblivion in my new console is because when I put the disc in the tray it vibrates. It makes a quiet rumbling noise that none of my other disc make. You can't notice it when the games being played and its spinning at maximum RPMs, but when its idle, like when I'm at the dashboard, you can hear the disc spinning and vibrating in the tray. Its even worse when I turn off the system and it rumbles to a stop.

I would actually really like to replace the disc if I can find it cheap and I know for sure its not just going to happen again.

My disc vibrates, but the system goes normal in about 5 min.

I'm almost done with all the achievements :) once I'm done with that, i'll do Razor and finally buy houses other than Frostcrag.

Quick question I contacted vampirism and not really digging it. I was going to deal with it because the quest I saw in walkthroughs seemed too difficult. But someone at work today mentioned one of the extra content download gets you an easy fix for it. Which download has this?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Vile Lair[/QUOTE]
You mean you can download a cure? Do you know how far I had to go for soul gems? Now I kinda feel like a badass though.

In a side note related to vampirism: Early in the game I contracted the disease and spent two weeks getting all the goods for that old' wench. I also had some dealings with the Count of Skingrad. Anywho, I got the cure for myself and the Count. Now, later in the game, I joined the Dark Brotherhood and the Leader (Name?) mentioned the count again. That is where I quit last night. I was wondering if there is yet another vampire mission or what?

Finally, in regards to scratchy discs, I don't know if I have them but I can definately report a few lockups and freezes here and there while playing the game. Not only that, but slowdown while outside is a total bitch. I kinda ruins the beauty of the game for me at times.

I have yet to play it, but

I believe the count is a vampire from what I read on the wiki and the Dark Brotherhood will offer the opportunity to become a vampire though if you were already a vampire you cannot become one again.

News on an opcoming Expansion Pack:

The first solid details from the upcoming Oblivion full expansion hit the newsstands today in the latest issue of PC Zone Magazine. The add-on will offer over 30 hours of new adventures, with new quests, monsters, a new land, and new quoest paths that branch more than before. The storyline begins when an ominous looking gate opens in Nibben Bay, a new doorway that leads to a "Torn Realm," called the Shivering Isles. The land is ruled by Sheogorath, the god of madness and dementia. When players meet this god they must go through his trials, and it is even said players may end up replacing the diety. You can expect this expansion in the second quarter of 2007, no word on how Bethesda plans to work the Xbox360/PS3 versions of the expansion.

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/4689/

I seriously gotta get back into this game.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']News on an opcoming Expansion Pack:

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/4689/

I seriously gotta get back into this game.[/QUOTE]

Yep, PC Gamer had a 2 page article this month on the expansion. Sounds really cool... I'll prolly start a new game once I pick that and the Knights of the Nine expansions up.

I'm in the same boat I think once that expansion comes out I will download it, the knights of the 9 and all other expansions and start a new guy.

[quote name='jughead']You mean you can download a cure? Do you know how far I had to go for soul gems? Now I kinda feel like a badass though.

In a side note related to vampirism: Early in the game I contracted the disease and spent two weeks getting all the goods for that old' wench. I also had some dealings with the Count of Skingrad. Anywho, I got the cure for myself and the Count. Now, later in the game, I joined the Dark Brotherhood and the Leader (Name?) mentioned the count again. That is where I quit last night. I was wondering if there is yet another vampire mission or what?

Finally, in regards to scratchy discs, I don't know if I have them but I can definately report a few lockups and freezes here and there while playing the game. Not only that, but slowdown while outside is a total bitch. I kinda ruins the beauty of the game for me at times.[/QUOTE]

yea took me like 1 minute well worth the 150 points

Hopefully they deal with the Oblivion expansions like they did with Morrowind. Wait until all the PC expansions are out, and then release a discounted ($40 or so) Game of the Year edition with the base game and expansions (and maybe the DLC).

I'm still stuck to this game. I finished the Thieves Guild a couple days ago (the last mission was badass) to complete all of the guilds. I still need to play the main quest, which I've barely started.

I'm considering downloading the Knights expansion, but I still haven't heard Wombat's or anybody elses opinion on it. Is it worth $10 if I want more Oblivion?

I thought it was worth it. While it's not really long, it was a fun quest and it had a good story to it. Plus you get a whole new HQ full of knights to command when you finish!

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I thought it was worth it. While it's not really long, it was a fun quest and it had a good story to it. Plus you get a whole new HQ full of knights to command when you finish![/QUOTE]

what can you have the knights do for you exactly?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']what can you have the knights do for you exactly?[/QUOTE]
You can just have them follow you around and they'll help you attack enemies.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']You can just have them follow you around and they'll help you attack enemies.[/QUOTE]

are they considered hero characters where they wont die, but just get knocked out?

bread's done
Back