The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/11

I did that once.

It was pretty stupid.

And then I was like "Why am I not fast traveling?"

Besides, if I ever actually NEED to walk somewhere, I just werewolf my ass over there.

Horses are stupid.

I had a dream I was running like a werewolf from skyrim all I could see were my front two legs and the occasional back two legs. Best dream ever.

Only weeabo's would choose to stay a vampire lord over a werewolf btw

[quote name='GhostShark']Dragon riding is fun.[/QUOTE]
I have ridden 6 dragons and counting... no achievement so far. :p

Shadowmere also disappeared on me tonight. :cry: He's just not there anymore and I have no idea what happened. Can he fall off a cliff on his own?

Did a little googling and found out that Arvak actually replaces Shadowmere, and can be summoned in Skyrim! I had assumed Arvak was only usable within the Cairn. Apparently I can get Shadowmere back if I find where he last fast traveled to (probably Castle Volkihar), but screw that, I'm sticking with Arvak!

Just turned into a werewolf today, its pretty cool. Had a minor adjustment trying to kill people in 3rd person view. Also running as a werewolf seems clunky lol.

I wanted to go to the thieves guild to change my face to have the same face paint as Aela, but that paint wasnt an option. Could have sworn it was. -_-

I only play in third person when I am Dual-weilding swords, because it looks awesome. Otherwise, I got a shield on and it's more entertaining to bash Cthulhu with a shield in First Person.

I'm at level 29 and have barely even scratched the surface of the main quest (no dragons yet in Skyrim). I keep doing all the side missions. It's pretty amazing how this game can have you going on so many different tangents. I had planned on joining the Companions and then the Thieves Guild, but I decided to go bounty hunting for a giant. In the process, I came across my first Dwemer ruin, which has provided some awesome loot. Unfortunately, I'm over my carrying capacity, so I've been stealth walking with my bow drawn for the a good portion of the dungeon.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting the extra pockets perk so that I can carry around more stuff. I'm not far enough into the main story to be able to buy a house yet; otherwise, I'd store a bunch of stuff there. As such, I've had to resort to keeping extra items (i.e. stolen goods and stuff too expensive to sell) in a barrel near the blacksmith shop in Whiterun.

[quote name='GUNNM']btw can you marry vampire girl?[/QUOTE]

No.

Because Bethesda cockblock.

Or... if you want to bring lore into it:
because Molag Bal destroyed that ass so brutally it left her traumatized for life.

[quote name='RCS0926']I'm at level 29 and have barely even scratched the surface of the main quest (no dragons yet in Skyrim). I keep doing all the side missions. It's pretty amazing how this game can have you going on so many different tangents. I had planned on joining the Companions and then the Thieves Guild, but I decided to go bounty hunting for a giant. In the process, I came across my first Dwemer ruin, which has provided some awesome loot. Unfortunately, I'm over my carrying capacity, so I've been stealth walking with my bow drawn for the a good portion of the dungeon.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting the extra pockets perk so that I can carry around more stuff. I'm not far enough into the main story to be able to buy a house yet; otherwise, I'd store a bunch of stuff there. As such, I've had to resort to keeping extra items (i.e. stolen goods and stuff too expensive to sell) in a barrel near the blacksmith shop in Whiterun.[/QUOTE]

I just got the extra pockets perk last night. i am up to about 500+ depending on which enchanted items i wear. Thank god for enchanted items! I was always trying to figure out what to throw back because i had too much to carry.

Also if you are a vampire, cant you just bite your wife and turn her into a vampire?

I'm at 530 without the use of enchantments, rather use that stuff for combat related things.

I'm always carrying less than half that though. Money is not an issue and I'm already geared out that looting really isn't a thing that I do anymore. The only time I ever get close to going over is when I'm going around and stocking up on Hearthfire supplies.

[quote name='RCS0926']I'm not far enough into the main story to be able to buy a house yet; otherwise, I'd store a bunch of stuff there. As such, I've had to resort to keeping extra items (i.e. stolen goods and stuff too expensive to sell) in a barrel near the blacksmith shop in Whiterun.[/QUOTE]

Be careful where you store your items. A lot of containers are not safe and a bunch that are tend to bug out sometimes, specifically the one you're using. I've read a lot of different reports on weather that barrel is safe or not.

Really, getting a house is very easy. If you complete the second main quest (fighting the dragon) you get the option to buy a house in Whiterun. In any other main city, regardless of main story progression, you just have to complete three radiant quest there in order to become thane and purchase a house.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Also if you are a vampire, cant you just bite your wife and turn her into a vampire?[/QUOTE]

There's a quest to do that, but it can't be done to Aela.

[quote name='Indignate']There's a quest to do that, but it can't be done to Aela.[/QUOTE]

Of course. :( Does that trigger if you're a vampire lord but didn't join the vampire side in Dawnguard? Or is that for vampires only in vanilla Skyrim?

Edit: NVM, I see it's only for the vampire side of Dawnguard.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Indignate']Be careful where you store your items. A lot of containers are not safe and a bunch that are tend to bug out sometimes, specifically the one you're using. I've read a lot of different reports on weather that barrel is safe or not.

Really, getting a house is very easy. If you complete the second main quest (fighting the dragon) you get the option to buy a house in Whiterun. In any other main city, regardless of main story progression, you just have to complete three radiant quest there in order to become thane and purchase a house.

There's a quest to do that, but it can't be done to Aela.[/QUOTE]

I might go ahead and just fight the dragon so I can go ahead and buy the house. As for the items I've stored in a barrel, I'm not too concerned about losing them. Most of the items were stolen and don't have a ton of value.

Ive been trying to buy the house in windhelm but the guy keeps saying its not ready yet. Ive read that i have to do 5 missions for people around town, and i thought i did that already. Already finished the imperials vs bloodcoats quest line. Its dumb cos the two guys you kill in the windhelm
castle are still laying there naked after many days of passing. Clean that shit up! There is also a dead guy laying in riften that wont go away, the dude i helped get with some chick and move to riften during the mara quests of love. He got killed by some vamps after i installed the dawnguard DLC. LOL. Too bad i cant marry his chick, cos she is hot. :)

So im planning to marry Aela the huntress, move to lakeview manor which is a nice wooded area for us werewolves to settle down. Gunna adopt Hroar cos he sounds like a werewolf roar. LOL. And probably sofie cos i met her a day ago and her parents died. :( My house will have kitchen, bedroom, and i think trophy room. Maybe put a few wolves in the trophy room. I tried to make a storage room but that is just a waste. And i dont want an alchemy room. I already have a trophy room in my other house but i can pick different animals, plus the kids will like it i think. LOL im putting too much thought into this.

I adopted Lucia, a homeless girl in Whiterun. I really only did it for the achievement but she was SO stoked to go live in a mansion in Solitude, it made me feel kinda good. :) She said that Aela took her to the market and taught her how to bake a cake, and I'm like, really? That doesn't sound like Aela. :lol:

One thing that gets me in this game is how easily everyone else seems to get around. Like, after I adopted Lucia she just says she'll meet me in Solitude. I'm like, really? When I traveled from Whiterun to Solitude, I had all kinds of crazy and life-threatening adventures along the way, and I'm a certified badass. But Lucia's like, whatever.

I dont understand why the chances of pickpocketing some things goes down from like 15% to 0% AFTER i drink a potion that is supposed to help make pickpocketing 40% easier. Isnt the higher the number the easier the chances, like 90%? Even when i put on my boots that help pickpocket, or a necklace i have, everything that i add to make it easier, seems to make it harder to pickpocket. It doesnt make sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished the Dawnguard DLC and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I can understand why people weren't happy that it didn't add a lot of new territory to explore, like Dragonborn does, but narratively it was excellent and I got a bunch of killer loot. It was also nice to be able to change my character's haircut finally. Why do they even give you option of a ponytail if it's going to clip through almost every armor set?

Aela the huntress doesnt seem to like living in lakeview manor. I asked her how the kids were and she went on a rant about having to fight off wolves, spiders, and other animals. Said i dont know what you were thinking moving here. :(

On a side note she got kidnapped by some bandits so i had to rescue her. Went to the mining cave, turned into a werewolf and saved her ass. :D That was pretty cool.

I also adopted sofie, went to give her a doll and it said she couldnt carry anymore. Looked it up on the net and seems to be a problem not just for me.

Also adopted a boy Hroar or whatever his name is. And a husky dog from the dawnguard building. :D

I'm beating him with my war club and healing him does that count?

I got him to now just run around the fortress being chased by 10 other dawnguards its too late to deal with this shit right now.

Looks like theres no fix on xbox that I could find luckily I saved before doing this mission only lost 2 hours of gameplay

Finally made it to Whiterun and got Soul Trap, so now I can actually do something with all those empty soul gems I have. I'm also in the middle of joining the Stormcloak rebellion, and I also plan on joining the Companions after that. After that, I have to decide whether or not to join the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild or proceed with the main quest line. I'm at level 33 and still haven't fought my first dragon.

Argh. I am trying to finish off the Thieves Guild quests and Delvin/Vex just will not give me any jobs in Markarth. I've finished everything in the other three cities and turned down a bunch of Riften jobs. Have not even been offered a single one in Markarth. Is there a way to fix this?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Argh. I am trying to finish off the Thieves Guild quests and Delvin/Vex just will not give me any jobs in Markarth. I've finished everything in the other three cities and turned down a bunch of Riften jobs. Have not even been offered a single one in Markarth. Is there a way to fix this?[/QUOTE]

Why do you need jobs in markarth? I did some random jobs but it was just to get my pickpocket a higher level.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Why do you need jobs in markarth? I did some random jobs but it was just to get my pickpocket a higher level.[/QUOTE]

You can't completely finish the thieve's guild without doing random jobs in each hold and then doing a special job in each one after.

I think you just have to do a lot of save/reloads to trigger a Markarth quest there? Unless
you gave it to the Stormcloaks in the Civil War story? Maybe theres a glitch where they wont trigger then?

[quote name='GamerDude316']I think you just have to do a lot of save/reloads to trigger a Markarth quest there? Unless
you gave it to the Stormcloaks in the Civil War story? Maybe theres a glitch where they wont trigger then?
[/QUOTE]
I hope it's not something like that. I sided with the Imperials but I don't remember what happened to Markarth along the way. I had no problem getting jobs in Windhelm though.

I'll probably go build my Hearthfire houses and finish my werewolf perks and then go back and see if anything has changed. Just through Googling I've found some people mentioning this same problem (with different cities, so it's not specific to Markarth) but I haven't seen any answers except "wait a while and keep trying."

I wanted to use some Giant's Toes to create some potions, but they weren't showing up in my list of ingredients. As it turns out, they are marked as quest items, so I can't use them. I think it's because I started the "A Night to Remember" quest (begins with a drinking contest). If I remember correctly, my drinking buddy left me a note about needing to bring certain ingredients including Giant's Toes. Is that correct?

[quote name='GUNNM']To use wererwolf totems I need dragonborn DLC?[/QUOTE]

You mean the perks, right? That was in Dawnguard. So no, I don't believe that you need Dragonborn, although it is amazing as fuck!

I didn't know I had to look for the totems. I like the icewolf one also found shadowsmere yesterday after missing for a year he was in front of the stables of whiterun I'm glad to get rid of arvak hes so shitty

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Cool, thanks for that! Think I may go werewolf on this runthrough![/QUOTE]

Just want to point out that you have to have the Dawnguard DLC installed.

bread's done
Back