The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/11

[quote name='Soodmeg']I seem to be stuck, I never joined the imperial or the storm cloaks and now that I am at the end of the game and need to get them all together I cant trigger any quests.

They tell me to talk to their lieutenants who then tell me they cant believe I am trying to get everyone together without letting me choose dialogue options. Frankly I almost dont even care if I finish the game or not....for it became a victim of its own "bigness" combined I have probably done over 200 quests....about 180 of were completely pointless and forgettable. There was nothing in this game that was as great as that game of Clue you had to play in the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion (might have been Morrowind)

The game is huge and very well done...just a lot of it seems pointless to me especially after killing my 15th dragon. If only I would have know to turn off autosave sooner I might not be so burnt out on this.[/QUOTE]

That CLUE game was in Oblivion... and I agree, it was too much fun

So I just beat the game and WOW..........the official guide says you should be no higher than level 35 or it wont be a changeling, I was level 47. I looked at him and he exploded.

[quote name='Soodmeg']So I just beat the game and WOW..........the official guide says you should be no higher than level 35 or it wont be a changeling, I was level 47. I looked at him and he exploded.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean.... challenging? lol

5 levels and 37 pockets to pick and I've got my first 1000/1000. Considering I've probably played over 150+ games this generation, that says a lot. Addictive as shit.

Having said that, I think I've had my fill of dragons and dragurs(sp?). Not sure if I will continue for much longer without DLC.

Whew. All done with the main quest. I start super-hard school next week so I sort of powered through the last 30% of the main questline in two or three days but it was still pretty fun.

Now to decide if I want to sell this vanilla copy and wait for the GOTY rerelease or buy DLCs as they come out... I'm leaning towards the former because I know I want to start a whole new character and play without sneaking everywhere. We shall see.

Follower bugs are bumming me out.

First all the Khajiit Caravans disappear after I recruit Kharjo.
Their tents still pop up but all are empty. When dismissed, he travels along the routes by himself.

Then none of the Orcs want to leave the settlements after I tell them to follow me.

Finally, Illia vanishes with all my gear after Vilkas replaces her for one of the last few Companion quests.

The last one is going to take a couple hours to fix but the first two happend well past the point of correcting.
No idea what caused them in the first place.

I am new to Skyrim. I am just starting out and my goal is to go for the full 1000. At this point I feel very overwhelmed with how many misc quests come up and what not. I am just looking for some guidance on how to get going in the game? What and where should I start? Am I trying to do all these misc quests or is that not necessary? Any help or guidance to get me going will be much appreciated. Thanks.

[quote name='DomLando']I am new to Skyrim. I am just starting out and my goal is to go for the full 1000. At this point I feel very overwhelmed with how many misc quests come up and what not. I am just looking for some guidance on how to get going in the game? What and where should I start? Am I trying to do all these misc quests or is that not necessary? Any help or guidance to get me going will be much appreciated. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

If you want to do thief things you might want to go to Riften first. I felt that stealing 5 gold didn't make any sense once you were the hero of Skyrim.

You can do whatever you want for the most part. I think the game is better if you plan to play 2 characters. So with your 1st character do half the cities side with Stormcloaks. With your second character do the other half of the cities and side with Imperials.

there is an achievement for doing misc quests but you'd end up getting it at some point in the game from normal play, no need to make an effort unless you refuse to talk to anyone and everyone.

as for stealing 5 gold as the hero of skyrim? i dunno...getting the hero of skyrim to steal 5 gold from someone is pretty significant don't you think? it doesn't have to make sense hee hee.

I'd also recommend you play it on expert level, while it's harder at the start it's a bit more rewarding if you're going for that sorta thing...plus by the time you get a decent set of equipment the enemy hardly feels like they're a match.

I need a little bit of help...

I cant find the key to get into the tomb at Saarthal to find the third peice of the gem

...any help pointing me in the right direction would be great.

Thanks,
Anthony

[quote name='ajh2298']I need a little bit of help...

I cant find the key to get into the tomb at Saarthal to find the third peice of the gem

...any help pointing me in the right direction would be great.

Thanks,
Anthony[/QUOTE]

without spoiling it...a lot of quests are intertwined with other quest. You might learn things like this if you paid attention at school.

where do you guys think the best place is to sell enchanted daggers? Trying to work on smithing/enchanting/speech and want to get some good coin.

[quote name='GamerDude316']where do you guys think the best place is to sell enchanted daggers? Trying to work on smithing/enchanting/speech and want to get some good coin.[/QUOTE]

supply and demand just like any buyer seller, some items tend to sell for slightly more at certain vendors and some not at all. i.e. you can't sell a blacksmith w/the perk a magical staff and an enchanter generally will not buy mundane wpns and armor.

coin eventually becomes very abundant that trying to maximize your profits becomes more of a chore. if you want an early start on your retirement plan put your 1st perk into speech...and that small % boost to all sales will net you thousands of pieces of gold throughout your adventures.

[quote name='GamerDude316']where do you guys think the best place is to sell enchanted daggers? Trying to work on smithing/enchanting/speech and want to get some good coin.[/QUOTE]
white run the first place you go to warmaiden's sell to the lady outside and then go inside sell to her husband then sell to the guy at skyforge for 3 g's

Anyone have an answer for this? I did a quest to rescue Amren, I cleared the cave out and it said he was rescued (I never saw him) and then it says Talk To Amren. The arrows on the map go to nothing and he just is nowhere. I checked in Whiterun to see if he maybe went home. Nothing. I even used the spell to show me where to go and it brings me to Whiterun, I enter and it tells me leave Whiterun. Any help would be great because I want to join the Circle:(

I somehow got the 3rd person camera to where it is literally right on my guys right shoulder. I hate the view. I have no clue what I did to get it to this view. How do I get it back to the original 3rd person view from a ways behind the body?

[quote name='GUNNM']click rs -- thats how I've played this game since day 1 its super duper![/QUOTE]

hmm. Ill try again. That is what I have been doing the whole time though. That gets it between First and Third person. I have never gotten it to this view though doing that before this.

edit: yeah, that isn't working. That is just switching me back and forth between 1st person and the right at the shoulder 3rd person view. I want to get back to the far behind the whole body view.

Maybe this is heresy, but I am just not getting into this game. I like it better than Oblivion but I just can't get past the fact that I would much rather be playing Fallout. Feels like Im doing the exact same things I did in fallout. Caves instead of buildings, fantasy world instead of wasteland, etc....

Im guessing part of the reason is that I put SO many hours into Fallout 3 that Im a bit tired of this type of game I guess. Just my opinion though. I loved the VATS system in Fallout 3. I find myself flailing around a ton in combat on this also. Im going to continue on as the game is obviously well done and I know if I stop I will regret it and want to go back later on.

Did you play Fallout 3 recently?

I couldn't put Skyrim down. I totally understand the samey feeling between it and F3 but I really loved both games. VATS was awesome but there's a lot of different options for combat in Skyrim.

I don't get how anyone could prefer third person to first in this game, but I think you just push in and hold the right stick and move the left stick up or down to zoom.

I got the glitch in the imperial quest the general girl in the tent at the camp site should have a dialogue option to storm a fort but it won't come up. I looked online and I froze her, downed her, and turned into a werewolf killing everyone at the camp but nothing. Am I out of luck and will have to wait for a patch? (if they patch it)

[quote name='garrett007']I got the glitch in the imperial quest the general girl in the tent at the camp site should have a dialogue option to storm a fort but it won't come up. I looked online and I froze her, downed her, and turned into a werewolf killing everyone at the camp but nothing. Am I out of luck and will have to wait for a patch? (if they patch it)[/QUOTE]

The 1.4 patch is coming to consoles this week, so that might fix it

Will the patch fix shadowsmere missing? I fast traveled on the horse and it disappeared and I don't want to buy another horse because it will replace it and be forever gone

[quote name='MrPiggles']The 1.4 patch is coming to consoles this week, so that might fix it[/QUOTE]

I read the list of fixes in the patch 1.4 and I didn't see it so hopefully that quest quietly gets fixed

[quote name='Trakan']I don't get how anyone could prefer third person to first in this game, but I think you just push in and hold the right stick and move the left stick up or down to zoom.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that is must have been what I did. I just need to use the left stick to zoom back out. Didn't realize you could do that. Thanks.

[quote name='Trakan']I don't get how anyone could prefer third person to first in this game, but I think you just push in and hold the right stick and move the left stick up or down to zoom.[/QUOTE]

I get nauseous playing first person games.

[quote name='schuerm26']I get nauseous playing first person games.[/QUOTE]
yeah FP in this game is totally weird to me. I've tried and I can't do it

[quote name='schuerm26']Maybe this is heresy, but I am just not getting into this game. I like it better than Oblivion but I just can't get past the fact that I would much rather be playing Fallout. Feels like Im doing the exact same things I did in fallout. Caves instead of buildings, fantasy world instead of wasteland, etc....

Im guessing part of the reason is that I put SO many hours into Fallout 3 that Im a bit tired of this type of game I guess. Just my opinion though. I loved the VATS system in Fallout 3. I find myself flailing around a ton in combat on this also. Im going to continue on as the game is obviously well done and I know if I stop I will regret it and want to go back later on.[/QUOTE]I feel like I'm starting to lose interest in it a bit myself, but for different reasons. I'm a complete newb at this type of game, and the last few times I've played it I've been getting super frustrated between a few different things. I've wasted a crazy amount of time trying to get to quest locations only to find the going impassable because of mountains, then doubling back and trying to go around or find another route, and eventually giving up on that quest "for now" and switching to something else, only to have the same thing happen. Or every time I turn around, I've got guards telling me there's a bounty on me. Not sure why; I haven't been stealing anything or killing townspeople or animals or anything. Also, I seem to be choosing side quests to go on that are meant for much higher level characters than what I am currently (Lvl 8)

Clearly, I'm just bad at this game, and I can live with that. I'd really like to stick with it, get better at it, and experience it all, but right now the fun/frustration balance is tipping more and more in the wrong direction for me.

[quote name='schuerm26']hmm. Ill try again. That is what I have been doing the whole time though. That gets it between First and Third person. I have never gotten it to this view though doing that before this.

edit: yeah, that isn't working. That is just switching me back and forth between 1st person and the right at the shoulder 3rd person view. I want to get back to the far behind the whole body view.[/QUOTE]

1. Hold down RS
2. Adjust the camera angle with LS

Did exactly what I thought I would do: Got just far enough to get my second shout in the main quest then said screw it and began running around slaughtering bandits across the land for plunder.

Definitely like the improvements to the leveling system and tweaking overencumbered to allow extremely limited movement rather than simply stopping you dead in your tracks.

[quote name='MSUHitman']So Joystiq says the new Skyrim patch is out on 360 now. Is it safe to download?[/QUOTE]

Since downloading the patch I was able to continue a Companions radiant quest line. Previously, my game would freeze up on the loading screen when attempting to reenter a dungeon.

This was during Aela's quest, where you need to retrieve the fragments of Wuuthrad. In my case, the dungeon location was Swindler's Den.

Does anyone know what type of physical map comes with the Collector's Edition of Skyrim.

I have a pre-ordered version of the standard edition. It came with the high-quality map. I want to know if I get the same quality map from the Collector's Edition. Thanks.

From what I remember, the entire first shipment had the premium map packed in, so I would assume that the CE did as well.

the case of the game will say whether or not it has the map included, all the maps are the same inside the ones that have them. i dont think there's any that don't have the map to be honest (?)

They all come with a map, yes. But do the current online stores that carry the Collector's Edition come with a "premium" map or just a standar one?

[quote name='Shifty Effect']They all come with a map, yes. But do the current online stores that carry the Collector's Edition come with a "premium" map or just a standar one?[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you go look on the amazon page the picture has a premium edition map in it, so I'd assume that CE comes with it. If not, you can always contact Amazon customer support and demand a refund, which they'll more likely than not give.

[quote name='MrPiggles']Yes, if you go look on the amazon page the picture has a premium edition map in it, so I'd assume that CE comes with it. If not, you can always contact Amazon customer support and demand a refund, which they'll more likely than not give.[/QUOTE]

Well, I was thinking about newegg.com or ebay whichever is cheaper.

bread's done
Back