The end of ADV's Anime St. Patty's Sale?

Watchman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Well, looks like this might be the end of the sale once and for all. The site's not showing anything listed anymore, but we've been faked out before. I'll check over the next few days, but to all who scored deals with only minor UPC defacing (if any), congrats, hell of a deal.

What once was the Valentine Sale is now a revamped St. Patty's Sale.
FARSCAPE SEASON 2 -50% off for starters!
KINO'S JOURNEY,
JING, KING OF BANDITS
PRETEAR,
MAGICAL SHOPPING ARCADE ABENOBASHI (From GAINAX!)
SUPER MILK CHAN (now FOUR!!!! volumes!),
MONSTER RANCHER,
ORPHEN,
THE COMPLETE STEEL ANGEL KURUMI
...Just to name a few!

BONUS! The "AniMini's", which are one-episode snacks of the shows, released as a test for the budget conscious, are now a whopping 2.98- and there's an extra deal- each Mini comes with a 10.00 online coupon off a complete volume of that series! In other words, an extra 7.00 off a full-blown volume (10.00-3.00 of the Mini.) WoOt!

Still available are Aura Battler Dunbine for the old school fan; 3 seasons of Beastmaster for 30 bucks (something for the ladies, perhaps?), Lost Universe for the Excel meets Bebop fan; my personal choice out of these, Kaliedo Star, with it's excellent action animation and skimpy, slinky costumes on the ladies; and -shudder- Earth: Final Conflict
The CD's may be gone, but they've started putting MANGA and stuffed Kaliedo Seals and Lunchboxes and trading cards up instead! Shweet!

Additional note about this sale- ADV's posted an "AS-IS" clause, most likely due to waning inventory. Some reports have boxes and back covers with altered (see: cut/marked/punched) UPC codes. Most likely its to prevent reselling, or were intended as screeners, but never handed out.
This is now a "Buy at Your Own Risk" sale, so take that into consideration.

The Lucky Deal is Here.
Here's the deal- all the titles here are listed minimum 50% off. The price in the parentheses " (5.99)" for example, are the final prices. The price before it was the original price.

There is a minor 5.00+ ground shipping charge, but please! 50-75% off?! I can deal with that. (Now I have to get the OTHER two Milk Chans. Damnit.
Clicking on the target item now has the sale price on the link, so no more worries about getting the sale price.

IF YOU'RE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH YOUR ORDER:
As found on their site: Questions about a shipment or a product? Drop us a line and let us know what it is that you need or give us a call: (800) 282-7202 and press 1.

Still haven't gotten to update the exact title list- Moving's a pain.(ADV should be paying me for this.)

St. Patrick's Day Sale Items (Sale does not have an end date- that can be good or bad):

Lost Universe
DVD Volume 01 In Space…It's Very, Very Dark.
$ 29.98 ($ 4.98)
DVD Volume 02 The Ultimate Fowl!
$ 29.98 ($ 4.98)
DVD Volume 04 Psyche Up! Freak Out!
$ 29.98 ($ 4.98)

Aura Battler Dunbine
DVD Volume 01 Tales of Byston Well
$ 29.98 ($ 7.98)
DVD Volume 01 + Box Tales of Byston Well
$ 39.98 ($ 9.98)
DVD Volume 02 Heroes of Byston Well
$ 29.98 ($ 7.98)
DVD Volume 03 The Kings of Byston Well
$ 29.98 ($ 7.98)
DVD Volume 04 Escape From Byston Well
$ 29.98 ($ 7.98)
DVD Volume 05 Return to Byston Well
$ 19.98 ($ 4.98)
DVD Volume 06 Battlers of Byston Well
$ 19.98 ($ 4.98)
DVD Volume 07 + Box Mysteries of Byston Well
$ 24.98 ($ 6.98)
DVD Volume 07 Mysteries of Byston Well
$ 19.98 ($ 4.98)
DVD Volume 08 Invaders From Byston Well
$ 19.98 ($ 4.98)
DVD Volume 09 Forsaken Souls of Byston Well
$ 19.98 ($ 4.98)
DVD Volume 10 Terror from Byston Well
$ 19.98 ($ 4.98)
DVD Volume 11 Secrets of Byston Well
$ 19.98 ($ 4.98)

BeastMaster
Complete Collection Season 1
$ 39.98 ($ 9.98)
Complete Collection Season 2
$ 39.98 ($ 9.98)
Complete Collection Season 3
$ 39.98 ($ 9.98)

Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final Conflict
Complete Collection Season 3, No Refuge
$ 39.98 ($ 9.98)
Complete Collection Season 4, Destination Darkness
$ 39.98 ($ 9.98)
Complete Collection Season 5, Face The Horizon
$ 39.98 ($ 9.98)

Kaleido Star
DVD Volume 01 Welcome to the Kaleido Stage!
$ 29.98 ($ 10.98)
DVD Volume 01 + Box Welcome to the Kaleido Stage!
$ 39.98 ($ 13.98)
DVD Volume 01 Welcome to the Kaleido Stage!
$ 29.98 ($ 10.98)
DVD Volume 02 All Things Great & Small
$ 29.98 ($ 14.98)
DVD Volume 03 Great Expectations
$ 29.98 ($ 14.98)
DVD Volume 04 Fall From Grace
$ 29.98 ($ 14.98)
DVD Volume 05 Masquerade
$ 29.98 ($ 14.98)
DVD Volume 06 Reach for the Brass Ring!
$ 29.98 ($ 14.98)

Manga
The Boss
Vol 1, 2, 3 - each 4.98

The Other Goodies

Lil Jonathan the Seal, 5 "
$ 7.99 ($ 3.98)

Noir Lunch Box
$ 14.99 ($ 5.98)

Noir Wall Scroll
$ 17.99 ($ 7.98)

Noir Playing Cards
$ 4.99 ($ 1.98)

Enjoy! :wink: :wink:

[quote name='The Successful Dropout'][quote name='Watchman'][quote name='rockhero']Any good ones in there??[/quote]

Did you at ALL read my entry?

YES, you knucklehead. Kino's Journey, Najica, Milk Chan, Bastof Syndrome!

Look, I spent the better part of an hour getting this fixed up. Take 5 minutes and actually READ it, all right?[/quote]

i didnt read this whole thread and im not sure how much shipping is....but every volume of super milk chan is only $17.99, shipped free at deepdiscountdvd.com

oops, i lied....volume 4 is 17.97[/quote]

Yes, but when you buy the one volume as an add-on to the existing titles you might get (box sets, Yo!), it's a better deal even with a minor 5 buck shipping charge. I love DDD, but as a package purchase, this is a better deal overall.

Thanks for the post I just ordered the entire Aura Battler Dunbine series except for Vol 12 but I can get that for 11.99 at DDD and the Nadesico Movie soundtrack for about 83 bucks after shipping. I love old school stuff and from all reviews it's supposed to be pretty good.

Aura Battler DunbineAura Battler Dunbine DVD Volume 01 Box Tales of Byston Well $ 9.98
Aura Battler DunbineAura Battler Dunbine DVD Volume 02 Heroes of Byston Well $ 7.98
Aura Battler DunbineAura Battler Dunbine DVD Volume 03 The Kings of Byston Well $ 7.98
Aura Battler DunbineAura Battler Dunbine DVD Volume 04 Escape From Byston Well $ 7.98
Aura Battler DunbineAura Battler Dunbine DVD Volume 05 Return to Byston Well $ 4.98
Aura Battler DunbineAura Battler Dunbine DVD Volume 06 Battlers of Byston Well $ 4.98
Aura Battler DunbineAura Battler Dunbine DVD Volume 07 Box Mysteries of Byston Well $ 6.98
Aura Battler DunbineAura Battler Dunbine DVD Volume 08 Invaders From Byston Well $ 4.98
Aura Battler DunbineAura Battler Dunbine DVD Volume 09 Forsaken Souls of Byston Well $ 4.98
Aura Battler DunbineAura Battler Dunbine DVD Volume 10 Terror from Byston Well $ 4.98
Aura Battler DunbineAura Battler Dunbine DVD Volume 11 Secrets of Byston Well $ 4.98

Nadesico The Movie: Prince of Darkness Soundtrack $ 5.98

I placed my order and never received an E-mail confirmation and no charge is currently pending on my CC. Do they usally take a couple days to process? I don't want to place an order again incase this one goes threw. And i can't seem to find a place on there website to check orders

[quote name='Drahken']I placed my order and never received an E-mail confirmation and no charge is currently pending on my CC. Do they usally take a couple days to process? I don't want to place an order again incase this one goes threw. And i can't seem to find a place on there website to check orders[/quote]

My guess would be that your order didn't go through. I got an email confirmation within minutes of ordering, so I'm guessing yours didn't. Maybe you entered a wrong number on the card or provided one too many letters in your email address. Seeing as how you haven't been charged, I'm guessing this is one of the reasons.

As found on their site: Questions about a shipment or a product? Drop us a line and let us know what it is that you need or give us a call: (800) 282-7202 and press 1.
Make sure when you make a purchase on a site that you try looking for a site map or their policy page- this will usually list contact info. Better yet, make sure they even have contact abilities. 99.9% of sites that sell online will have a number. If they don't, well, its up to the individual to decide whether or not to do business with them.

Good luck.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']I recommend Magical Play Collection.[/quote]

Cool, I got that one as a blind buy, so it's good that someone recommends it. I also picked up:

Dirty Pair Flash Complete Collection
Legend of the Mystical Ninja 1-5
Nurse Witch Komugi 1-2
Megazone 23 2-3
Princess Nine
Super Dimensional Cavalry Southern Cross

Between this sale, FYE's sale, Right Stuf's weekly sales and the studio sales for manga, I've dropped so much friggin money this year so far. And it's only February... :cry:

Jeremy

[quote name='jrutz'][quote name='Nirvanaguy777']I recommend Magical Play Collection.[/quote]

Cool, I got that one as a blind buy, so it's good that someone recommends it. I also picked up:

Dirty Pair Flash Complete Collection
Legend of the Mystical Ninja 1-5
Nurse Witch Komugi 1-2
Megazone 23 2-3
Princess Nine
Super Dimensional Cavalry Southern Cross

Between this sale, FYE's sale, Right Stuf's weekly sales and the studio sales for manga, I've dropped so much friggin money this year so far. And it's only February... :cry:

Jeremy[/quote]

Well, at least you saved a ton of bucks in the process doing it. :wink:

I didn't receive an email reply either even after it said my purchase was complete blah blah blah. I didn't write down the order number either...grrrrrrr I better get my stuff.

[quote name='Jeoff']I didn't receive an email reply either even after it said my purchase was complete blah blah blah. I didn't write down the order number either...grrrrrrr I better get my stuff.[/quote]

As I said earlier to Drahken with the same problem, Jeoff:

[quote name='Watchman'][quote name='Drahken']I placed my order and never received an E-mail confirmation and no charge is currently pending on my CC. Do they usally take a couple days to process? I don't want to place an order again incase this one goes threw. And i can't seem to find a place on there website to check orders[/quote]

My guess would be that your order didn't go through. I got an email confirmation within minutes of ordering, so I'm guessing yours didn't. Maybe you entered a wrong number on the card or provided one too many letters in your email address. Seeing as how you haven't been charged, I'm guessing this is one of the reasons.

Make sure when you make a purchase on a site that you try looking for a site map or their policy page- this will usually list contact info. Better yet, make sure they even have contact abilities. 99.9% of sites that sell online will have a number. If they don't, well, its up to the individual to decide whether or not to do business with them.

Good luck.[/quote]

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Is this still going on or has it passed?[/quote]

ATTENTION: PLEASE READ THE ORIGINAL GOLDANG POST! ALL QUESTIONS OF THE SALE CAN USUALLY BE ANSWERED THERE!

[quote name='trunks982']is there a place to check on the order status? i want to know when it shipped and the shipping confirmation # or something.[/quote]

Read the thread. It's in there somewhere.
LIKE AT THE ORIGINAL POST.

Geh, looks like I'm too late. Yes, I read through this entire thread, but when you click the link on page 1 you can see now ADV's Valentine's Day Sale page is down to just these titles:

Aura Battler Dunbine
Beastmaster
Earth: Final Conflict
Kaleido Star
Lost Universe

Well at least they still have Kaleido Star on sale! I tried hunting down a few other titles, like Angelic Layer 7 and Steam Detectives 2, but they're back to full price.

Anyway, thanks for posting OP. My loss for missing out on the bulk of this.

[quote name='woobacca']Geh, looks like I'm too late. Yes, I read through this entire thread, but when you click the link on page 1 you can see now ADV's Valentine's Day Sale page is down to just these titles:

Aura Battler Dunbine
Beastmaster
Earth: Final Conflict
Kaleido Star
Lost Universe

Well at least they still have Kaleido Star on sale! I tried hunting down a few other titles, like Angelic Layer 7 and Steam Detectives 2, but they're back to full price.

Anyway, thanks for posting OP. My loss for missing out on the bulk of this.[/quote]

Thanks for the update- i've changed this on the OP now too. Kaliedo is definitely worth it- at least for the costumes on those girls. Whoo. :shock:

None of the movies left over really entice me (though a couple do but I don't want to pay for each individual disk and would rather have a complete box set) but I did order the Samurai X Soundtrack. I love anything and everything Samurai X or Rurouni Kenshin related. I did pick up some stuff from the beginning of the sale though.

And sorry Watchmen, I forgot that the end of the sale is on February 28.

Edit: Quick question, I know this might sound kind of dumb, but where can I log in to check on my order's status? I can't seem to find it on the homepage.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']None of the movies left over really entice me (though a couple do but I don't want to pay for each individual disk and would rather have a complete box set) but I did order the Samurai X Soundtrack. I love anything and everything Samurai X or Rurouni Kenshin related. I did pick up some stuff from the beginning of the sale though.

Edit: Quick question, I know this might sound kind of dumb, but where can I log in to check on my order's status? I can't seem to find it on the homepage.[/quote]

watchman says theres a section for u to email them. i didnt bother. i hope my dvds come this week.

EDIT: (its on the first page of watchman's post) right here:

[quote name='trunks982'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']None of the movies left over really entice me (though a couple do but I don't want to pay for each individual disk and would rather have a complete box set) but I did order the Samurai X Soundtrack. I love anything and everything Samurai X or Rurouni Kenshin related. I did pick up some stuff from the beginning of the sale though.

Edit: Quick question, I know this might sound kind of dumb, but where can I log in to check on my order's status? I can't seem to find it on the homepage.[/quote]

watchman says theres a section for u to email them. i didnt bother. i hope my dvds come this week.

As found on their site: Questions about a shipment or a product? Drop us a line and let us know what it is that you need or give us a call: (800) 282-7202 and press 1.[/quote]

No I saw that, but I thought that obviously they should have one. I don't know of any other site that doesn't have one. And since he seemed to know quite a bit about the site I thought maybe he knew where it should be.

I wish I saw this before I made my order. I have one of their older "catalogs on dvds" and it really was great because it had a ton of trailers. It got me interested in some of their series. I hope they pack one in my order because it seems like something you'd get for free anyways.

I just ordered Kaleido Star 5-6 to complete my collection.

1 DKS/005 Kaleido StarKaleido Star DVD Volume 05 Masquerade 14.98
1 DKS/006 Kaleido StarKaleido Star DVD Volume 06 Reach for the Brass Ring! 14.98

SubTotal: $29.96
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $4.34
Total: $34.30

I had bought the first four volumes at FYE for 9.99, but these last two weren't discounted there for some reason. Now with shipping at only 4.34, this even beats out DeepDiscountDVD.com where each vol is 17.99 with free shipping.

Very psyched right now. Thanks again OP.

[quote name='Sway']Got my stuff today. I ordered the first day of the sale, came by UPS.[/quote]

i thought they dont work on president's day. i might get it today but i'll be in school.

[quote name='trunks982'][quote name='Sway']Got my stuff today. I ordered the first day of the sale, came by UPS.[/quote]

i thought they dont work on president's day. i might get it today but i'll be in school.[/quote]

Yup, UPS was out yesterday while I was shoveling snow. They aren't affiliated with the government, so they don't get the minor federal holidays off.

[quote name='"moiety"'][quote name='"trunks982"'][quote name='"Sway"']Got my stuff today. I ordered the first day of the sale, came by UPS.[/quote]

i thought they dont work on president's day. i might get it today but i'll be in school.[/quote]

Yup, UPS was out yesterday while I was shoveling snow. They aren't affiliated with the government, so they don't get the minor federal holidays off.[/quote]

Did you get a shipping confirmation? Or it just showed up?

[quote name='trunks982'][quote name='Sway']Got my stuff today. I ordered the first day of the sale, came by UPS.[/quote]

I got mine today too at my job- I'd most likely would have gotten it yesterday, but we were closed for the holiday. :? (ordered from the first day, obviously.)
The funny thing is it ended up at someone else's desk, and since I work for a database company, they thought it was material to input- I almost had my packages ripped open on me! :shock:

[quote name='woobacca']I just ordered Kaleido Star 5-6 to complete my collection.

1 DKS/005 Kaleido StarKaleido Star DVD Volume 05 Masquerade 14.98
1 DKS/006 Kaleido StarKaleido Star DVD Volume 06 Reach for the Brass Ring! 14.98

SubTotal: $29.96
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $4.34
Total: $34.30

I had bought the first four volumes at FYE for 9.99, but these last two weren't discounted there for some reason. Now with shipping at only 4.34, this even beats out DeepDiscountDVD.com where each vol is 17.99 with free shipping.

Very psyched right now. Thanks again OP.[/quote]

Hey, no prob! Just glad someone still managed to finagle a deal out of what was left- I like Kaliedo Star too! (That first episode rollerblade chase was phenomenal!) :wink:

[quote name='Sway']I wish I saw this before I made my order. I have one of their older "catalogs on dvds" and it really was great because it had a ton of trailers. It got me interested in some of their series. I hope they pack one in my order because it seems like something you'd get for free anyways.[/quote]

Sorry, the "Link" you posted was dead. :lol: Get it? Link for an icon, link for... oh fergit it. Anyway, what was it? A demo disc sampler?
If it was, sorry to say there wasn't anything extra other than the order I placed in my shipment. That's all right- I got plenty to watch as it is. :wink:

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='trunks982'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']None of the movies left over really entice me (though a couple do but I don't want to pay for each individual disk and would rather have a complete box set) but I did order the Samurai X Soundtrack. I love anything and everything Samurai X or Rurouni Kenshin related. I did pick up some stuff from the beginning of the sale though.

As found on their site: Questions about a shipment or a product? Drop us a line and let us know what it is that you need or give us a call: (800) 282-7202 and press 1.[/quote]

No I saw that, but I thought that obviously they should have one. I don't know of any other site that doesn't have one. And since he seemed to know quite a bit about the site I thought maybe he knew where it should be.[/quote]

So, wait... you'd rather email and hope for a response, probably at least over 12-24 hours later, rather than making a TOLL-FREE call and talking to someone immediately about where your order is?

That's just dumb, man. C'mon... :dunce:

[quote name='Watchman'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='trunks982'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']None of the movies left over really entice me (though a couple do but I don't want to pay for each individual disk and would rather have a complete box set) but I did order the Samurai X Soundtrack. I love anything and everything Samurai X or Rurouni Kenshin related. I did pick up some stuff from the beginning of the sale though.

No I saw that, but I thought that obviously they should have one. I don't know of any other site that doesn't have one. And since he seemed to know quite a bit about the site I thought maybe he knew where it should be.[/quote]

So, wait... you'd rather email and hope for a response, probably at least over 12-24 hours later, rather than making a TOLL-FREE call and talking to someone immediately about where your order is?

That's just dumb, man. C'mon... :dunce:[/quote]

No it isn't as I would much rather have a system for tracking my order like EB or Gamestop or any other online merchant has since it would be easier. And thank you for jumping down my throat this whole entire thread. I mearly asked a simple question earlier. Now I understand that I overlooked it in the OP but that doesn't give you any right to chastise me like you did.

Well I redid my order for the entire Aura Batler Dunbine series minus vol 12 and got a Confirmation E-mail this time and CC charge pending. I must have miss-typed something or there was a glitch in there system.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='Watchman'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='trunks982'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']None of the movies left over really entice me (though a couple do but I don't want to pay for each individual disk and would rather have a complete box set) but I did order the Samurai X Soundtrack. I love anything and everything Samurai X or Rurouni Kenshin related. I did pick up some stuff from the beginning of the sale though.

No it isn't as I would much rather have a system for tracking my order like EB or Gamestop or any other online merchant has since it would be easier. And thank you for jumping down my throat this whole entire thread. I mearly asked a simple question earlier. Now I understand that I overlooked it in the OP but that doesn't give you any right to chastise me like you did.[/quote]

Look, I have a very low tolerance for people who don't pay attention to the details and simply skim. Obviously, you did. You asked at least two questions whose answers were posted in my OP.
However, I will clarify one thing for you that I didn't specify, only because they didn't either- they don't have any tracking features for the order- mostly because it ships non-priority or ground mail, which, in most cases, doesn't have the luxury of tracking. All I can tell you is it will take around over a week to ship- I just got mine and I ordered the first day. More or less this is going to boil down to how far you are from Houston, TX, where ADV is. A perfect example of YMMV.
Hope this answer will take care of that problem for you.

[quote name='Drahken']Well I redid my order for the entire Aura Batler Dunbine series minus vol 12 and got a Confirmation E-mail this time and CC charge pending. I must have miss-typed something or there was a glitch in there system.[/quote]

Ah HA! I was right! Your order didn't go through the first time!

Well, at least your series was still around after you tried a second time. Good thing too- 95% of the sets are all gone at this point. :rofl:

[quote name='Watchman'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='Watchman'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='trunks982'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']None of the movies left over really entice me (though a couple do but I don't want to pay for each individual disk and would rather have a complete box set) but I did order the Samurai X Soundtrack. I love anything and everything Samurai X or Rurouni Kenshin related. I did pick up some stuff from the beginning of the sale though.

No it isn't as I would much rather have a system for tracking my order like EB or Gamestop or any other online merchant has since it would be easier. And thank you for jumping down my throat this whole entire thread. I mearly asked a simple question earlier. Now I understand that I overlooked it in the OP but that doesn't give you any right to chastise me like you did.[/quote]

Look, I have a very low tolerance for people who don't pay attention to the details and simply skim. Obviously, you did. You asked at least two questions whose answers were posted in my OP.
However, I will clarify one thing for you that I didn't specify, only because they didn't either- they don't have any tracking features for the order- mostly because it ships non-priority or ground mail, which, in most cases, doesn't have the luxury of tracking. All I can tell you is it will take around over a week to ship- I just got mine and I ordered the first day. More or less this is going to boil down to how far you are from Houston, TX, where ADV is. A perfect example of YMMV.
Hope this answer will take care of that problem for you.[/quote]

Perfect, that's all I asked and was wondering.

About the skimming, the first two times I read this thread I did not skim, I read it word for word, but at the time of my ordering, I was hurrying and just looked it over and ordered. Sorry about my questioning earlier. It really wasn't ment in any way to be against you or anything or to bother you.

Be warned...customers from AOD and DVDTalk have been complaining about mutilated cases causedc by defacing the UPC symbol. Some of them look like a maniac took a razor to them, completely butchered. There are also a couple reports of CD cases drilled, with them drilling into the CD itself. Nice.

And to add insult to injury, they seemed to have added a disclaimer in the past day, saying the following:

"Products offered through this sale are clearance and close-out items. As such, the bar codes may be reconfigured, replaced or physically altered (including punching or drilling). Some products may be open box. Some products may be delivered without any packaging. ADV warrants title only, and offers no other warranty expressed or implied, as to condition, merchantability, or use of any product. Products sold AS-IS. All sales final.

Product and packaging depicted may differ from stock available at time of shipment. ADV reserves the right to substitute equivalent items."

Google caches say that was added on 2-21, but they are applying those terms to all orders placed, even those before the disclaimer was added.

Sucks. Looks like it was too good to be true fellas.

Jeremy

Ummm...Watchman, in what shape did your items come in? The recent news from jrutz is a little disparaging and is making start to feel a little uneasy on the product/s that I ordered.

People, let's calm down here-
So far no one from this sale has reported anything like this. (Not from CAG, anyway.)

I got my stuff yesterday, and it came as if I had bought it off the shelf, clean as a whistle.

The clause they added to the bottom would probably seem to indicate they are scraping the bottom of the literal barrel for copies. Copies that are simply sleeve-punched through the bar code are copies that were used as screener copies that weren't handed out, and prevented against re-sale. As for the DRILLING of the cases... thats just brutal.

Anyone who placed an order before the supposed Feb. 21st addition and recieved them in this condition would seem to have a legal matter on their hands, since they didn't provide this information earlier. I would recommend gathering the evidence as suggested earlier if you end up with copies like this.

From this point on though, I would say that this is a sale to take into consideration as to what you'll get.
Ultimately, I would suggest giving their customer service line a call to see if maybe you could get info on the condition of what is left should you now be attempting a purchase.
Keep in mind though, unless the cover is mutilated, its not a big deal to just replace the case- check with your local video store and see if they have free screener cases they're willing to part with (sans movie, of course.) If the disc is damaged, that's a whole other issue.

Man, and just when I thought I was doing so well with my first real Deal post... ADV has to go and make it ugly for me. :headache:

Well, I just got my order from ADV today (I ordered the first day of the sale) and while my purchases were not as badly mutilated as in the photo someone else provided, every DVD case was cut through with an X on the bar code area. This cut went clear through the packaging and DVD slip. Everything also reeked of cigarette smoke. While I understand this was a clearance, there was no notification that they would mark the boxes such as this, and as far as I was concerned I was to receive a new product in new condition. I am really disappointed with ADV's service as I expected better from them. :( BTW, I do want to say on the other hand, thank you to the OP as this was still a good sale. I'm just really disappointed with how ADV has handled their end of this transaction. Definitely gonna go write a grumpy email to them.

My Kino's Journey box came today, along with a Slayers soundtrack that I ordered. The box's UPC had an X-shape cut into it, but nothing that pierced through the box itself; hardly noticeable. The CD had a small hole drilled into its UPC, but the drill didn't seem to pierce anything but the back side of the case and the paper on the other side of it. So, bottom line... no big deal. I'm satisfied.

I really hope people don't have bad case problems. I find this unbelievably lax on ADV's part if these horror stories prove true.
They can't afford to piss people off like this. Geneon's really giving them a run for their money these days, and the fact that they scored Samurai Champloo really puts them ahead at this point.
That's hard for me to say too- I have friends who work for them.

bread's done
Back