The Evil Within $19.99 all platforms - Amazon.com

Tempted to get rid of my :ps4: copy grab this for :xb1: since the season pass is on sale this week.
Cheaper to make my own GOTY than the actual forthcoming GOTY. (Rumored for release on 9/15.)

Not good or just worthy of one play?
The game can be a struggle and doesn't exactly help you out with what to do at times. Graphics and atmosphere are nice but gameplay is hit or miss in a couple of areas. Horror fans should definitely play but non fans wouldn't be missing much.

This is definitely a divisive game, but I loved it--so much so that I finished it 6 times for the platinum trophy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep hearing about it being a spiritual successor to Resident Evil 4 but way more frustrating. RE4 is in my top 3 all time favorite games (KOTOR 1 and Street Fighter 2 CE bring the others) so I get tempted to pull the trigger but I get frustrated in games very easily. Games are supposed to be fun not rage-inducing. Will this game make me rage?

I keep hearing about it being a spiritual successor to Resident Evil 4 but way more frustrating. RE4 is in my top 3 all time favorite games (KOTOR 1 and Street Fighter 2 CE bring the others) so I get tempted to pull the trigger but I get frustrated in games very easily. Games are supposed to be fun not rage-inducing. Will this game make me rage?
It depends on how much you like stealth--the more you do, the more enjoyment you'll likely get out of TEW.

They pull exact scenarios out of RE4.

Part of the game is trying really hard to be RE4 and the rest of the game is the second half of RE5.

The game has great atmosphere but can be frustrating. Knowing that a typical "grunt" enemy can kill you pretty easily adds a lot of tension

The only scary part in the whole game was an accident, I saw a shadow and freaked out. My shadow

the patch removing the letter boxing made the game a lot better, but i'd still wait for $10 if youre on the fence.

I regret pre-ordering this through PSN more and more each day ($53.99). Oh well. Us CAGs win some and lose some. I haven't even decided whether I wanna invest another $13.49 to unlock the additional content it's left such a bad taste in my mouth!

At this point, I'm waiting for the $20 GOTY pricepoint. Got plenty to play til them. Besides, I want all the DLC on disc.

bread's done
Back