The Fabulous Moolah Memorial Wrestling Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='xcoax']Is HHH ever going to wrestle a match that doesn't feature Umaga?

Honestly WWE, write a new storyline.[/QUOTE]
Ssshh, it keeps him away from the title scene. Which I don't mind him being in as long as he isn't unstoppable or presented as such.

So we're going to be forced to watch Flair be put over until his loss at WM24. Great.

Who's going to be his first opponent? Carlito?

Jericho's new outfit is a lot of awesome.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Nope... its the Legend Killer himself... Randy Orton.[/quote]
You're really not good at picking up sarcasm. Read the posts above mine, then read my reply.

LOL @ cookie monster.. I love Jericho.

Why are they having Orton involved in two main storylines? That kinda sucks.

Before Jericho came out, I turned to my wife and said "I bet he shows off the new finisher tonight. And it'll probably have a lame name like 'codebreaker'".

Sure enough.

He'll go out in a blaze of glory?

Oh no, they're gonna blow Ric Flair up! :dunce:

I also agree with the horribleness of the finisher. It takes away from Jericho as a technical wrestler.

Then again, he did say that he forgot about 956 of his 1,001 holds.

The Liontamer he did pre-WWE was way better.

I'm not just saying that, either. Check YouTube.

[quote name='CouRageouS']What's his new finisher? From looking on his wiki page, it seems like its Carlito's finisher to the front.[/quote]

That's exactly what it is.

And yeah his WWE Liontamer was just a lameass Boston Crab.

Yeah, the original Liontamer was way better, with him having the victim vertical with his knee on their head.

And the look on Edge's face during that promo when Vickie Guerrero got Tombstoned was priceless.

The early Walls of Jericho had the knee in the back still. Then it would show up occasionally before just disappearing. For some reason I remember the Rock selling it great but not as great as the handstand flip after a stunner :lol:

[quote name='monkeydeew']if/when the game takes jeffs ic title, will it only be the 2nd time?[/QUOTE]

It's a non-title match. At least it is at this point.

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']This may be a real sign that WWE considers TNA "legitimate." They never really seem to care about their guys taking indy dates for the most part, but now all of a sudden there's one company that he can't work for until the contract is up.

And Carlito's been working Puerto Rican shows the whole time he's been in WWE... so the booking is no surprise.

I couldn't imagine why not, though he may have to tack his last name on there (Much like Christian did when he went to TNA)... but what does he wrestle by in WWC?[/QUOTE]
The reason WWE allows people to work shows other than TNA is because TNA is on national TV, and they're not going to pay people for 90 days during their no-compete so they can work TNA dates and benefit from their national TV deal. It isn't a matter of them "finally" considering them legitimate, as they've ALWAYS had this policy in place while Impact has been around.

He wrestles as Carlito in WWC, and since it's such a minor modification of his actual name, he might not have to have any name change in TNA. He would, however, have to lose the apple gimmick. Thank God.

Raw has been incredible so far - not so great as far as matches go, but Jericho's return was good, while Flair, Kennedy, and Jericho all had incredible promos. Definitely a show I'm glad to be watching live, and taping.

Yeah, the Jericho match was a bit anticlimactic with that weak finisher. After the three count I was basically sitting there thinking "that's it?".

I did like how they handled the Flair match. I thought it was a bit harsh when Vince said he hoped Flair didn't die on him, what with the average lifespan of most wrestlers and all...

The HHH/Hardy thing seemed a bit like a swerve though. Just Regal comes out and says "oh yeah, basically you two are going to hate each other now." Though, it would be great to see Hardy go over HHH.

[quote name='xcoax']Yeah, the Jericho match was a bit anticlimactic with that weak finisher. After the three count I was basically sitting there thinking "that's it?".

I did like how they handled the Flair match. I thought it was a bit harsh when Vince said he hoped Flair didn't die on him, what with the average lifespan of most wrestlers and all...

The HHH/Hardy thing seemed a bit like a swerve though. Just Regal comes out and says "oh yeah, basically you two are going to hate each other now." Though, it would be great to see Hardy go over HHH.[/quote]
The sad part about what a let-down the new finisher was is that Santino actually sold it REALLY well. Imagine it with someone who doesn't. I still don't quite understand what was wrong with the Liontamer (outside of the neutering) and the Lionsault, but hey.

HHH is high on Hardy, and apparently pushed for Hardy to have the top spot instead of Jericho. I don't understand it, but then it's not really my call. I wouldn't be surprised if Hardy *does* go over HHH, just to cement him more. Though, that doesn't explain why it's specifically a non-title match, since when they do that, it's so the champ can lose. Maybe they just figured that HHH going for the IC title was beneath him, or something. Regardless, we once again have a PPV where the IC belt isn't defended. Way to make that one mean something, guys. I actually keep forgetting who the IC champ even is. Personally, I think it was a missed opportunity not putting the IC on Kennedy as, sadly, he needs the credibility more right now.

[quote name='carthitup']The sad part about what a let-down the new finisher was is that Santino actually sold it REALLY well. Imagine it with someone who doesn't. I still don't quite understand what was wrong with the Liontamer (outside of the neutering) and the Lionsault, but hey.[/QUOTE]

The Walls Of Jericho was lame compared to the Liontamer and I'm really happy that Jericho retired the Lionsault. Every time I saw that I pictured him pulling a Hayabusa.

I'm surprised that alot of people don't dig the new finisher. With the right amount of tweaking, it could become the next RKO and while it doesn't look as brutal as the backcrackers, it looked pretty good.

I'm not too keen on Jericho's new finisher because I barely knew it was even happening.

My thought-process went something like:

- "Y2J is going for some sort of move...
- "Oh wait, is Santino countering?"
- "No, Santino looks hurt, I guess Jericho won in that exchange."
- "Oh, 3-count? I guess that was his finisher?"

[quote name='evilmax17']I'm not too keen on Jericho's new finisher because I barely knew it was even happening.

My thought-process went something like:

- "Y2J is going for some sort of move...
- "Oh wait, is Santino countering?"
- "No, Santino looks hurt, I guess Jericho won in that exchange."
- "Oh, 3-count? I guess that was his finisher?"[/QUOTE]

hahaha, exactly. I kinda figured something big was coming since he struck the arms extended to fists pose, you know, signalling something big was coming... and then was like oh, okay...

Overall, that was a damn good edition of Raw - it had three incredible promos, some entertaining commentary by Jericho, an effective, good match between Jericho and Santino, and a main event that brought back memories of Raws from earlier this year with passionate crowds that cheered loudly and emphatically, and ate up every bit of the story they were seeing unfold in front of their eyes.

Tonight's main event finally gave Orton a reason to give Jericho the title shot, as Jericho cost Orton the win that would have cemented his status as the legend killer. I hope they keep going with this feud after Armageddon, because they built up a fantastic story tonight. I got a laugh out of the alternating "no buys/many buys" signs during the main event, and anticipate hearing Bryan and Vinny talk about that on the review show for this broadcast.

The Carlito-Hornswoggle skit was goofy, but entertaining thanks to the use of tire sound effects for Hornswoggle, and Carlito falling for a classic Looney Toons gag, just like Noble, against Hornswoggle. It accomplished what it needed to, and was built up by the announcement of Finlay vs. Khali at the PPV, which could very well be the best Khali match ever.

Quotes -
Lawler - Snitsky has NEVER been pinned on Raw! NEVER!
J.R. - That’s impressive…
Flair - There’s been a lot of discussion as to why I decided to make this announcement here, in my hometown, of Charlotte, North Carolina. We all know my career can’t last forever. I know sooner or later, they’ll be a time for me to retire. I’ve compared myself to the great Cal Ripken Jr., the iron man of Major League Baseball, and to Brett Favre, who’s still the best quarterback ,but tonight,, here in Charlotte, North Carolina, and in front of the world, I am going to announce to you that I WILL NEVER RETIRE! I will only retire when I’m dead in this ring! OVER MY DEAD BODY! I’VE GOT TOO MUCH JUICE LEFT! WOOOO! I LOVE THIS BUSINESS! I’M GOING NOWHERE! WOOO!
Vince - You had me going, Ric. (crowd chants “YOU SUCK!”) RIC FLAIR DOES NOT SUCK! Ric, I hope your career goes on forever… as long as you keep on winning. Your career will continue on as long as you continue to win, because the first match you lose, Ric, your career is over. YOU UNDERSTAND ME!? YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I’M SAYING!? Ric Flair’s long and illustrious career is over, and I hope you don’t die anytime soon.
Orton - Ric, thank you for the advice you gave me early in my career. Thank you, Ric, for being the legend and the role model you are, and that you became. I want to thank you in advance, Ric Flair, for the honor, and the pleasure, tonight, of ending your career.
J.R. - Murdoch with a key lock on Cody Rhodes…
Kennedy - Shawn Michaels has not only lost titles, but he also lost his smile… LOST HIS SMILE!? …how touching. This DVD covers the highs and lows of Shawn Michaels’ career, but no low will compare to the feeling of being in the ring with Mr. Kennedy!(director says “clear!”)
Jericho - THE SECOND COMING OF Y2J IS HERE, AND THERE’S ONLY ONE WAY TO ROCK, AND JERICHO ROCKS, AND THERE’S ONLY ONE REASON I CAME BACK TO RAW, AND THAT’S TO SAVE US FROM RANDY ORTON AND TO BECOME THE NEW WWE CHAMPION! It’s a message that’s loud and clear - Chris Jericho wants a title match, it’s clear to everyone… except Randy Orton… At first I thought it was because he was a spineless jellyfish, but I think it was because he didn’t understand the question. I’m going to state it clearly and in very short words, I’m going to Ortonize it. ME WANT TITLE MATCH! I EVEN BROUGHT VISUAL AIDS! Say it with me now - ME WANT TITLE MATCH! I’m not going anywhere until I get an answer, and you can give me a verbal answer, a physical answer, or a violent answer! Are you going to give me a title match? (Santino’s theme hit)
Santino - KYJ, you see KYJ, things have changed-a bit since da last time you were here and come off the street like a bum with a Lindsay Lohan haircut and demand a title shot.
Jericho - I’m sorry… who are you? Oh wait, I’m know you’re Santino..
Santino - Santino.
Jericho - Santana?
Santino - Santino!
Jericho - San-Tokyo?
Santino - SANTINO!
Jericho - Sandusky?
Santino - SANTINO! MYA NAME ISA SANTINO MARELLAAAA!
Jericho - I know, your name is Santino Marella!
Santino - You know why you haven’t gotten a response from Orton? Because you don’t deserve one! You haven’t wrestled in two years!
Jericho - Let’s have a match right now, Junior!
Santino - Hang on, I have to do my squat thrusts, and Maria has to give me a massage. First, I want to give you something to think about (Santino beats up Lawler)
J.R. - Chris Jericho’s first match in two years, next!
(to Hornswoggle)Vince - How about… Finlay versus. Khali at Armageddon. He’ll have the lucky of the Irish on his side, now get me an ice cream sandwich! CHOP CHOP! (on phone)Mr. Rogers has left the neighborhood, I repeat, Mr. Rogers has left the neighborhood!
(Carlito runs into a painted wall tunnel)Simmons - DAMN!
J.R. - The WWE Champion would be IMMORTALIZED if he could end the career of Ric Flair tonight!
Crowd - NAT-URE BOY! NAT-URE BOY!
Crowd - RAN-DY SUCKS! RAN-DY SUCKS!
(Flair gets beaten down)Fan shows “NO BUYS” sign
(Flair wins)Fan shows “MANY BUYS” sign

[quote name='Scorch']You're really not good at picking up sarcasm. Read the posts above mine, then read my reply.[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm on the internet = phail.

[quote name='guyver2077']was it just me or did the crowd seem dead during the jericho promo[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too.

[quote name='TheRock88']Isnt Jericho's new finisher the same one Shane Helms been using when he was cruiserweight champ?[/quote]

yea i think that is helms finisher in s vs r 08...

o and yea... santino rules..

[quote name='TheRock88']Isnt Jericho's new finisher the same one Shane Helms been using when he was cruiserweight champ?[/quote]

The Nightmare on Helms' Street?

Both the clothesline spot where Jericho ran in after Santino and hit the ropes catching Santino off guard and Jericho's new finisher were both lifted from the moveset of Naomichi Marafuji. If it had just been the finisher, perhaps it could have been taken from Helms but the clothesline spot is one of Marafuji's defining moves.

Jericho himself said that he had been keeping an eye on Ring of Honor, hinting that he may have even joined that promotion (which I always thought was bullshit), so I think that he lifted a bunch of influence from the promotion.

I happen to be partial to Jericho's new finisher, since it's the one I use when I wrestle. :p

heh heh It was great... I missed Raw but two friends called me at the same time to tell me that Jericho just did "The SkullBusta" lol.

I remember that Crossbody reversal into F-5 spot and thought it was awesome, although I seemed to remember it was Cena doing it, but guess I was mistaken :)

Lesnar was one of my favorites. It seems like ages since he was last in WWE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back