The facial hair gauntlet is down!

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
83 (100%)
Anyone rocking an awesome stache? A giant crows nest? Anyone thinking about taking on the no shave November challenge this year?

I have always thought a man is just not a man without some kind of facial hair and wanted to do a little topic in honor of that philosophy. Ladies you can feel free to join in with discussion and just tell us all how manly we are if you want ;) Or I guess if you are rocking a wicked stache yourself we men may be impresed even if we are turned off!

Personally ill toss down the first gauntlet. Im about 5 or 6 months in to a challenge I put to myself earlier in the year. Iv always wanted a year where I let my facial hair(as well as the hair on my head)just grow as long as it could get. So this year I finally decided no matter how straggly it got I was going for it. I went and got my mohawk cut to a flat top for the first time in years and shaved my facial hair. Here is a pic of my progress. Im pretty damn proud at the moment if I dont say so myself. The mustache curling on me was a nice surprise too! I feel kind of like Mykevermins avatar!

8w9oiw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you Harley from Epic Meal Time? LOL

Anyway, i am shaving my neck, but other than that, I'm beardin up from no shave November. Thing is, i already have a stache-goatee combo going on, so i gotta try and get them looking similar.

[quote name='Chronis']Are you Harley from Epic Meal Time? LOL

Anyway, i am shaving my neck, but other than that, I'm beardin up from no shave November. Thing is, i already have a stache-goatee combo going on, so i gotta try and get them looking similar.[/QUOTE]

I love those videos! You should take a before and after and post them in the topic.

Also anyone know the tag to get images to show in the topic vs as a link. I tried /image and a few others but things that work at other forums aint working here.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Also anyone know the tag to get images to show in the topic vs as a link. I tried /image and a few others but things that work at other forums aint working here.[/QUOTE]

[.img][/.img] minus the periods.

Looking studlier than Roy "Big Country" Nelson last Saturday night. Shit's insane. I can't even grow a beard. All I get are whiskers -_-

[quote name='bigpimpin24']Looking studlier than Roy "Big Country" Nelson last Saturday night. Shit's insane. I can't even grow a beard. All I get are whiskers -_-[/QUOTE]
I Know your pain all too well.

@JJSP - Thanks. I typed out the full word vs just doing /img.

@bigpimpin @bardrockkun - How old are you guys? It took me a few extra years and a few extra months to grow mine. As in like I couldnt grow a really good beard till my mid 20s. I think a lot of guys fret when they are like 22 and still cant grow a beard but it seems natural. And thanks for the compliment!

Edit - Eeek! That pic reminded me to trim my nose hairs! Ewwww

I've done no shave november through high school, college, and now whatever we call this portion of my life (working? lol). My wife is already complaining, and it is only day 4.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I've done no shave november through high school, college, and now whatever we call this portion of my life (working? lol). My wife is already complaining, and it is only day 4.[/QUOTE]

Give it a few months. When my wife and I first met she complained about facial hair so I used to shave for her. Over time I slowly let it get a little longer then shaved, then I just trimmed, etc etc. In less then a year of us being together she had gotten so used to me having facial hair that she balled like a little girl whenever she came home from work one day and I had shaved. No, seriously....she really did cry and hardcore. She had just gotten so used to me with facial hair that it was weird seeing me without it. And she missed having that chin scruff to tug on.

Damn OP that is one majestic beard. I would love to grow my hair out but I can't for work, unfortunately. Also, my beard (and neck hair) comes in almost completely white which is weird because I only have a few gray hairs on my head. I do think I look best on Sundays though after 2 days of stubble (I NEVER shave on the weekends - personal policy).

[quote name='Will']
309894_10150352027989994_692969993_9955034_7560193_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Its always nice putting faces to long time board members. Pretty rockin goat you got there too man! I am thinking whenever the year is up if I am ready to shave it off that I wont get rid of the whole thing and instead keep everything on my chin. Thinking of doing a Scott Ian except keeping my stache(trimmed) too.

Scott-Ian.jpg

I started on November 1st... so I'm just now reaching the haggard-looking point. To keep in good graces with the University where I work, I've decided to play the "it's for prostate cancer awareness month" card. Nobody seems to care yet... but they likely assume that the wife kicked me out and I've been living in my car.

I've never heard of this before, but I'll definitely go sans shave for the rest of the month. I keep the 'stache-goat combo year round though.

[quote name='MSI Magus']

@bigpimpin @bardrockkun - How old are you guys? It took me a few extra years and a few extra months to grow mine. As in like I couldnt grow a really good beard till my mid 20s. I think a lot of guys fret when they are like 22 and still cant grow a beard but it seems natural. And thanks for the compliment!
[/QUOTE]

21. I'll be 22 in 3 months. I'm just not sure if I have the genes to grow a thick beard. We'll see though!

[quote name='bigpimpin24']21. I'll be 22 in 3 months. I'm just not sure if I have the genes to grow a thick beard. We'll see though![/QUOTE]

Heh well give it a few years, it may still happen. Another tip too is if you try make sure you comb it a few times a day. I thought I had this wild pubic hair looking beard for years, turns out I just needed to comb the damn thing.

[quote name='AvidWriter']
8-17-11.jpg

This is not current but I had this Aug/Sept of this year.

Note : I shaved my neck, the beard was only on my cheeks.[/QUOTE]

Aint the biggest beard but its very well kept man!

A lot of chrome domes being posted here. Anyway, I might get a pic up over the weekend. I just don't know if I'll make it all the way through November!

[quote name='Survivalism']I have to shave for work and I hate it. I used to look like a viking.[/QUOTE]

Man a lot of you guys have to shave for work. Really must suck. You need to come up with some excuse like you have some weird genetic mutation that makes it so you dont sweet like a normal person, you sweet through your hair like a chinchilla or something. You HAVE to have the beard or you will feel like its 110 degrees all the time ;)

I've decided to go for No Shave November. I usually shave every other day, so this is the first time I'm going awhile without. With that being said, should I be shaving my neck? Or just let it keep going as is?

Started growing mine out a 5 days ago. Longest I've ever done was like 10 days. Shit get's itchy and annoying. Going to try better this time. I even have the wife's support on this one.

[quote name='Rodimus']^ Going for the homeless look?[/QUOTE]

We prefer rugged mountain man. I also used to like the term Bear....but gay guys kind of took that ;(

I normally rock a beard but I try to keep it low to my face most of the year but when its colder I let it grow out a little bit.

[quote name='Rodimus']Started growing mine out a 5 days ago. Longest I've ever done was like 10 days. Shit get's itchy and annoying. Going to try better this time. I even have the wife's support on this one.[/QUOTE]

It can be kind of itchy and annoying at first. When I first grew my beard, it took a little while to get used to it. My wife didn't like it for two weeks either. Now, I've had it almost six years.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']It can be kind of itchy and annoying at first. When I first grew my beard, it took a little while to get used to it. My wife didn't like it for two weeks either. Now, I've had it almost six years.[/QUOTE]

That really is the thing, both you and the wife tend to adjust to it really fast. Most women iv talked to that have not been with a man with a beard or even mustache loathe facial hail. I think its because most women now days prefer these metro-sexual feminized men. I think if you can get past the first few weeks though they remember what a real man is ;)

I did no shave November last year. My coworkers were asses about it (what's no shave November?, is it for charity?, I already have a beard so you're behind but I am keeping it trimmed (which means you are shaving therefore not participating), I can't grow a non-patchy beard, etc.), which was surprising because they were all into it the year prior.

I almost always have facial hair; the last couple years has been a full bears/mustache. I keep it trimmed.

So, I won't be changing anything up for November.

i had not shaved for the past year and had a good wolfman thing going on. my grrl digs the facial hair but we were trippn out the other night and we shaved my face. i feel like im a lil teenager now, ugh. lol oh well it grows back. its so prickly already, argh!

[quote name='Velo214']i had not shaved for the past year and had a good wolfman thing going on. my grrl digs the facial hair but we were trippn out the other night and we shaved my face. i feel like im a lil teenager now, ugh. lol oh well it grows back. its so prickly already, argh![/QUOTE]

Awwww thats a shame. I have seen pics of you and your lovely minx wife before and you were pretty beast with the facial hair. I know your pain though, the one or two times iv shaved iv felt like a child after I was done.

some nice pix. yeah she will blush when i tell her you called her lovely minx ;)
those were pix from the last nite i had my beard... oh wellz

I dont know whats a bigger Travesty that your beard got the buzz or that I dont have accese to any other pics you guys may have taken that night(I like where it looks like that was going!).

Sexual flirtations aside and relating to pics and your family your kids are adorable too. Iv seen a few random pics of them. You seem to be a lucky lucky man ;)

yeah we have been having fun with this new gf of hers. who knows how long those things last tho, it's been 2 weeks already, so thats good enough for me. i get tired having to entertain new kittens. haha, i just want to play my games and work on my backlog! /jk

We take vids too, ill have to get them on stickam sometime when they have knocked out a bottle of rum/vodka. haha.
i don't wanna post any pix that will get me banned from cag! im just posting some that she has on her facebook already.
iv got pix of them playing with strapon/toys and passed out piled up on eachother naked, lol. pix with me too, but noone wants to see that!
grrls are crazy tho.

I used to shave my head when i was 18/19 but i havnt cut it since so i finally got some long magus/sephiroth hair. i just need to dye it blue/black or white, lol.

n yeah im lucky I have awesome kids. I can't stand most kids(lol) but my kids are like my best friends. My little man Link Dragon is almost 10 months old and he's already hooked on videogames. I have to play cod/battlefield to get him to fall asleep to the sounds of gunfire and explosions, lol. Peace Bro

Heh I had a feeling you guys were swingers. Me and my wife are(or at least have tried to be, one bad experience does not swingers make)and I can understand the time sink thing. Shit I know it can take hours and hours and hours of chatting up a girl just to get a meeting. With us it doesnt help either that we are such chill people. We aint in to going out clubbing or to the bar which is what 90% of the people on the swing scene want. We would rather find something closer to a long term gf then someone we bonk for a month and move on which is again outside what 90% of people in that scene are looking for.

And dude dont shave your head! You look kick ass rocking the long hair and beard! Though black or white would look pretty kick ass on you. Blue may look ok but you risk it fading to that shit green many dyes fade to. *misses dying his hair* I am thinking of doing bright red or a dark purple for my goatee when I trim the beard next year.

bread's done
Back