The Fandango Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What?! No?! :whee:

Aries attacked TJ Perkins (Suicide) early on in the show and stole the outfit.
OK, sorry they didn't show that on YT.
I'd just like to see a difference between now and the attitude era with chair shots and see the differences. Yes, concussions are a serious thing now a days, but yet, every one of us has had one once in our life. Doesn't have to be huge but even a small one. I believe if you did a chair shot correctly and protected your self correctly, not a problem. But, I also liek how the Punt Kick and Pile Driver ate also banned. What's next on the list? Kofi KingstonsTrouble in Paradise? Thats caused quite a few concussions. It's going to become Saturday Morning Slam pretty soon where they switch angles when they hit the head. On a side note, local promotion in Orlando has Doink, Matt Striker, Head Bangers and Tomko wrestling. Doesn't say who however.
Is the punt kick actually banned or is he just not doing it because he's supposed to be a face right now?

Getting ready to head out to AIW tonight.  Derrick Bateman is making his AIW return and Dolph Ziggler's brother that just got cut is making his debut.  Some other pretty good matches on the card too, is anyone getting the iPPV?

Google says that Orton tweeted his punt kick was banned on 5/22/12 due to concussional awareness..

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now ABC is airing Celebrity Wife Swap with Ric Flair and Roddy Piper swapping wives.

Ok, it's Piper's wife and Flair's girlfriend who switched.

Getting ready to head out to AIW tonight. Derrick Bateman is making his AIW return and Dolph Ziggler's brother that just got cut is making his debut. Some other pretty good matches on the card too, is anyone getting the iPPV?
During an episode of NXT, Random NXT Commentator said how Briley Pierce is the brother of Dolph Ziggler and William Regal asked why they didn't have the same surname. Random NXT Commentator quickly changed the subject.

ROH. Punk? Not sure of the setting.

Eh, I'm probably wrong but it's the best I've got.
You are right. :) Partly. It's from CM Punk's entrance for his last ROH match with Colt Cabana.

Sorta crazy to see Punk go from someone mocked for frequent botches to someone universally-praised for his wrasslin abilities. There was a point in time when people would dismiss Punk as a pro wrestler in favor in Chris Daniels and Samoa Joe.

Samoa Joe. There's someone WWE has shown little interest in acquiring. I think the E has reached a point where they could potentially use Joe the right way. They seem to be sailing in the right direction for once.

Google says that Orton tweeted his punt kick was banned on 5/22/12 due to concussional awareness..
My bad don't follow wrestler's Twitter accounts.

Are these the best post-Wrestlemania MitB ladder matches ever? You have all the top faces/tweeners in one match and the majority of the top heels in the other one.

I'm predicting D. Bryan wins the WWE match although I'm a Punk guy and Christian winning would be awesome also. I think Barrett wins the other, although I will be rooting for either Sandow or Cesaro.

Away from home so not watching raw but was curious if anyone else browses the Fark wrestling thread. I find it highly entertaining. Old photos I forgot all about come flying up in there.

Ortoned_zps70aecb87.jpg

Looks like they're turning Daniel Bryan heel after all. Also seems as if Orton would be remaining a face for the time being. Ugh..

$10 says Ziggler interferes in the main event to help Cena, but then ends up getting an AA anyway.

Cause fuck us, that's why.

Pardon the interruption.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvGtdwBjeBA

I skipped through it, but it seems like maybe Sytch's first honest interview. The last several minutes are probably the best part. I was totally unaware how Candido got the blood clot. She also states a pretty interesting theory behind the ol' Montreal Screwjob.

I think they were trying to mimic some kind of horrible reality show bickering bullshit with the divas segment -- hence all the terrible acting, constant switching of camera angles, etc.

Not their best work, that's for damn sure.

Chase, if you're going to PWG, I'd suggest August 9th for "TEN!", the company's 10 year anniversary show. Double main event!

PWG Championship Guerrilla Warfare
(C) Adam Cole vs Drake Younger vs Kevin Steen

PWG Tag Titles - Ladder Match
(C) The Young Bucks vs The Dojo Bros (Roderick Strong & Eddie Edwards) vs The Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann)

Of all the people to get popped for Wellness, Ricardo wasn't even on my radar to watch. I'm going to say pot since I can't really imagine it was a PED.

Chase, if you're going to PWG, I'd suggest August 9th for "TEN!", the company's 10 year anniversary show. Double main event!

PWG Championship Guerrilla Warfare
(C) Adam Cole vs Drake Younger vs Kevin Steen

PWG Tag Titles - Ladder Match
(C) The Young Bucks vs The Dojo Bros (Roderick Strong & Eddie Edwards) vs The Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann)
Oh my goodness why so soon. :(

I'm still tossing money back into my savings after a vacation in Maui, buying my parents new appliances, and a few other things that cost a few more K.

I'd go for those two matches alone. Gotdangit. I haven't been listening to Art of Wrestling, but, last night, on a whim during a workout, I downloaded the recent Kevin Steen interview. He's right. PWG has become it's own little underground movement.

And that is unfortunate for Rodriguez but he knows the rules.

THAT SHOULDER

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E4Xwh_CZ-w[/youtube]

Rumors are saying that Ricardo got suspended for using fat burner.

There is no official word yet on what Ricardo Rodriguez was suspended for but there’s online rumors that he had been taking fat burners. Independent wrestler Leva Bates, who is a good friend of Ricardo’s, made a post this morning about him being suspended for using fat burners. Her post was quickly deleted. Another indy wrestler, JD Maverick, made a reference to fat burners in a Facebook post he made:

“So weird that some WWE Superstars get arrested for DUI’s, pot, and other illegal activity AND don’t get suspended…yet fat burners from GNC get you 30 days? GTFO.”

Rumors are saying that Ricardo got suspended for using fat burner.
If that is indeed true, then that's a stupid reason to suspend any athlete in any sport.

And whether he has been caught or not, there is no way John Cena isn't on something. His body is not natural in any way.

Oh my goodness why so soon. :(

I'm still tossing money back into my savings after a vacation in Maui, buying my parents new appliances, and a few other things that cost a few more K.

I'd go for those two matches alone. Gotdangit. I haven't been listening to Art of Wrestling, but, last night, on a whim during a workout, I downloaded the recent Kevin Steen interview. He's right. PWG has become it's own little underground movement.

And that is unfortunate for Rodriguez but he knows the rules.
Just go to the show. It's going to be amazing!

If that is indeed true, then that's a stupid reason to suspend any athlete in any sport.

And whether he has been caught or not, there is no way John Cena isn't on something. His body is not natural in any way.
Hey, c'mon now, he's as natural as The Rock.

WWE 13 is currently $15 on Xbox marketplace. The sale lasts until July 8th. Just an FYI.

Digital version only, of course.

TNA house cleaning must be today. So far they have released:

Sam Shaw

Christian York

Joey Ryan

Taylor Hendrix (asked to be released)

Crimson (unconfirmed, bio no longer on TNA's site)

Madison Rayne (unconfirmed, contract has expired)

Added to the PWG "Ten!" show...

Davey Richards vs Brian Cage
Michael Elgin vs AR Fox
Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero vs RockNES Monsters
Kyle O'Reilly vs TJ Perkins
Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor
"Mixed Six" featuring B-Boy, Willie Mack, Candice LaRae, Ryan Taylor, and two TBA.

Well, that sucks. I had high hopes for Taeler Hendrix. Maybe WWE will pick her up and run her through the NXT grinder, see if she sticks.

Sam Shaw

Christian York

Joey Ryan

Crimson was just on TV a couple of weeks back after being gone for quite a while. No one missed him. I forgot he even existed and I watch TNA weekly. Same can be said for Gunner, but now he's a tag champ with Storm. Madison will probably be back. I think she was out poppin out a kid. Hate to see Joey Ryan was released. The bit where he was ref for the knockouts matches was hilarious. His gimmick was great and he seemed like he could wrestle pretty well; as well as most of the younger guys on the roster anyway.

TNA needs some new blood though. Taylor and Joey weren't good decisions to drop, IMO.

Get the All Star Weekend 9 night 1 and BOLA sets. So fuckING GOOOD.

Standout matches incluce:

AR Fox & Samuray del Sol vs. Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann)- ASW Night 1

"The Callihan Death Machine" Sami Callihan vs. "The Ultra-violent Golden Boy" Drake Younger - ASW Night 1

I'd talk about BOLA but since it's a tournament I'm going to refrain from any spoilers. But there is some great, great stuff there with some spots I have NEVER before seen in my life. A couple of matches just took my breath away. Namely anything with Ricochet.

I doubt that many (or any) of you got it live, but if you have $15 bucks the AIW show from this past weekend is worth getting On Demand at Smart Mark Video.  The Josh Alexander vs. Michael Elgin match alone match is worth it, but there are some other good matches as well.  Michael Hutter (Derrick Bateman) vs. Tim Donst was cool just for the strange crowd reactions.  I think the stream is just a one camera version now, but it'll be a 3 camera edit soon.

Sam Shaw

Christian York

Joey Ryan

Damn it, TNA. Not that they were smart enough to figure out what to do with him.

As for PWG recommendations, check Amazon or High Spots for the PWG anthologies. There are several volumes out. Beats the compilations because you get full shows.

Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards contracts expire on August 1st. There is some apparent interest in them from the WWE.

The Brian Kendrick is returning to ROH to challenge for their now vacant World Title. He is joining Michael Elgin as one of the only two as of yet named challengers.

The three-way ladder match at Threemendous was unreal if you miss the old Hardys/E&C stuff.

Steen Wolf is the PWG Generico/Steen ladder match with a surprise at the end, also has the Young Bucks and Future Shock in a pretty solid stiff war.

The DDT tag tournament set is FANTASTIC. If there's one thing PWG does really well, it's tag team wrestling.

For a good intro to the company, go with anything BOLA, DDT, or the anthology (Sells Out) sets. I think the first may be out of print, but you might get lucky on Amazon.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I get 40% off of those DVD's listed on ROH's site which is why I'm particularly interested in those.  I'll check into the others as well.

Impact-related...

Manic?  After we saw TJ Perkins and he was even named?  This is even assuming TJ is still the one under the mask.  I guess we'll find out later in the match tonight.

Catching up on my NXT, since I haven't watched in a month or so.. Cesaro/"Zayn" matches are such a treat and remind me why I still watch this stuff.

zayn-cesaro-destroyer.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back