The Farewell TFN OTT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='flowery']I always wanted to play the Deus Ex games but never had a good enough computer until recently.[/QUOTE]

...the first one came out in 2000. And was available on PS2. No excuse.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']...the first one came out in 2000. And was available on PS2. No excuse.[/QUOTE]

Well. I am not sure why I don't remember it on PS2. I wonder if I can find it cheap now.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Gamestop.

Hell, if you had brought this up a few months ago I was giving away copies of the first game for free.[/QUOTE]

That is what I get for being an idiot and not paying attention to the world.

[quote name='seanr1221']Flowery, bust that shit out in a week.[/QUOTE]

The closest Gamestop that has one in stock seems to be 40 miles away. fuck them.

I am just going to get it on Steam this weekend.

Oh yeah, Toy Soldiers 2 is fantastic. I even unlocked a mullet!

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Reading an OTT regular's twitter feed. Wife reading over the shoulder, "what the fuck are you reading?"

I laugh, she says "no, seriously WTF?"[/QUOTE]

manthingus?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Reading an OTT regular's twitter feed. Wife reading over the shoulder, "what the fuck are you reading?"

I laugh, she says "no, seriously WTF?"[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna guess either manthing or a mango chopping utensil?

fuuuuuuuck I need to have this written proposal of how I'm going to do my stats in SPSS by tomorrow, but I'm still waiting on someone to give me 4 tiny pieces of data so I can show my assumptions aren't being violated.

I have everything ready to go, but can't exclude two participants.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Anyone remember the fake newspaper that came with the first Deus Ex game?[/QUOTE]
Vaguely. Had a bunch of stories that were tied in to the game world, and I think a bunch of marker/pen scribblings from a conspiracy theorist?

I had it once, but I lost it ages ago.

If anyone is about to (re)play Deus Ex - and someone here is; it's one of those games that always gets reinstalled whenever someone mentions it - might I recommend installing the Shifter mod? Adds a lot of replay and balance to the game.

Did Warren Spector have anything to do with this latest Deus Ex or are they just playing in his sandbox (so to speak).

I used to pick anything that had his (or Origin's) name on it back in the 90s.

For you casual UFC fans that haven't heard the news yet, UFC was picked up in a seven year deal by Fox/FX. There's gonna be 4 major events per year on Fox and 32 events per year on FX. That's 28 live TUF episodes and 4 "Fight Nights". The first Fox broadcast will be on November 12th.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Hot single chick moved in next door. Giggity[/QUOTE]

Sounds like binocular sales will increase by 1 today.

[quote name='Maklershed']For you casual UFC fans that haven't heard the news yet, UFC was picked up in a seven year deal by Fox/FX. There's gonna be 4 major events per year on Fox and 32 events per year on FX. That's 28 live TUF episodes and 4 "Fight Nights". The first Fox broadcast will be on November 12th.[/QUOTE]So instead of watching it on Spike and Versus, we'll see the same thing but this time on FX and FOX. Alright. But speaking of UFC, they are going to San Jose in November. Hopefully the rumored main event of Cain vs Dos Santos holds up. I would love to see that fight in person.

I will be perfectly content if we don't hit 90 this summer.

I had this playing in my car today. I forgot how good it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvsG-FP6EUk

Playing through Half Life 2 on the Orange Box last night. Feels like a slog to get through at times. You're always just scraping by with 10% of your health and the next full health pack is just around the corner.

[quote name='flowery']The closest Gamestop that has one in stock seems to be 40 miles away. fuck them.

I am just going to get it on Steam this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Might as well get HR here, you get both the first two games for free.

[quote name='eldergamer']Did Warren Spector have anything to do with this latest Deus Ex or are they just playing in his sandbox (so to speak).

I used to pick anything that had his (or Origin's) name on it back in the 90s.[/QUOTE]

Sadly he does not.

I made the trip to Raleigh yesterday for an interview and just got an email saying I'm a front runner and should hear more Monday. Super excited and although it would be hard to move, it seems like a fairly cool place to work and live.

Unrelated, I ate waaaaaay too much dim sum and chilli oil stuff. Both my heart and asshole burn.

[quote name='Eviltude']I made the trip to Raleigh yesterday for an interview and just got an email saying I'm a front runner and should hear more Monday. Super excited and although it would be hard to move, it seems like a fairly cool place to work and live.

Unrelated, I ate waaaaaay too much dim sum and chilli oil stuff. Both my heart and asshole burn.[/QUOTE]

Congrats. Isn't Casey in the Raleigh-Durham area?

~

My skype interview seemed to go really well. It was actually really neat to do an interview that way. The job is actually in the Dayton/Springfield/Columbus area which is fine. Now the worst part...the waiting.

[quote name='Eviltude']Why do you say that Casey?[/QUOTE]

I guess its because compared to Dallas there isn't shit to do here. I hate college sports and there are too many people with the new york attitude here (most couldn't hack it up there and so they come down here with a feeling of superiority).

Raleigh is a college town on steroids that thinks it is a big city. Basically the only things to do here are watch college sports and get fucked up. The beach is two hours away and the mountains are five. People always list those as positives for living here, so I guess I might as well.

Also not to sound like a dick or be a debbie downer, but the job market here sucks if you move down here and things don't work out. Every one here has a college degree so it doesn't mean shit (not an exaggeration, like 50 percent of potential applicants have a college degree here).

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I guess its because compared to Dallas there isn't shit to do here. I hate college sports and there are too many people with the new york attitude here (most couldn't hack it up there and so they come down here with a feeling of superiority).

Raleigh is a college town on steroids that thinks it is a big city. Basically the only things to do here are watch college sports and get fucked up. The beach is two hours away and the mountains are five. People always list those as positives for living here, so I guess I might as well.

Also not to sound like a dick or be a debbie downer, but the job market here sucks if you move down here and things don't work out. Every one here has a college degree so it doesn't mean shit (not an exaggeration, like 50 percent of potential applicants have a college degree here).[/QUOTE]

The new york attitude sounds like here. There was a time when I was in high school that I swear everyone claiming to be from out of town was from "NY...Da bronx." As for the job market, I won't be moving there if I don't have a job and I have seen a lot more jobs there than around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back