The First OTT of 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/agegate/ref/?redirect=

maxpayne3_screen002_12292011.jpg

maxpayne3_screen003_12292011.jpg

untitled-52sdrne.gif

[quote name='eldergamer']I'd still like to get mass effect 2. I'm holding out hope it drops below $20[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much $20 brand new on PS3 with almost all DLC (only The Arrival DLC mission is ont included; the rest that's missing is some armor or appearance stuff).

Since I wanted to finally get my platinum in that game (missing my insane playthrough trophy; I stopped shortly after hitting level 30 in my insane run as I was suffering cover-based shooter fatigue and ended up trading it to GS while I could still get ~$30 in trade in credit) and I just bought The Arrival DLC since it's on sale for $5 this week, I figured now was the time. Local GS didn't have a copy ($16.10 or so +tax used, plus I have credit there), but Amazon Warehouse Deals had used copies (no guarantee on the DLC code though) for $14.99 I think.

What the fuck is this, I spend three weeks in New York and it averages the high 40s. One day into being back in Seattle and it's snowing. Shit be bonkers.

Played Resistance 3 and Super Mario 3D Land all day. I just started Resistance 3 yesterday and I think I'll beat it tonight. If not, definitely tomorrow.

I've played the first 2 Resistance games and they were both pretty short. They aren't bad games, but I think I played through on the hardest difficulties and, like many shooters, it gets borderline unfair at some points. The hit detection online was always a little iffy, too.

IMO the Resistance series just doesn't seem incredibly original to me when you look past the breeds of enemies and some more innovative weapons. Storyline was kinda...typical and the gameplay was a too linear I think...

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']IMO the Resistance series just doesn't seem incredibly original to me when you look past the breeds of enemies and some more innovative weapons. Storyline was kinda...typical and the gameplay was a too linear I think...[/QUOTE]
I don't really care for Resistance Series myself but IMHO Resistance 3 had the best fps campaign I ever played. I never beat or played extensively either of the two previous titles.

Has anyone had problems with xbox live? I keep getting disconnected. This is also the first time I've done wireless.

I must say I enjoy running again. One of the Korean TV dramas I have been watched concluded the other day with a nice sappy everybody-wins ending. I wonder what will be replacing it this week.

[quote name='munch']How could I tell? I can login, then 10 minutes later or so I get logged out.[/QUOTE]

It could be nothing, but it's been happening a lot (if someone else is trying to log on, it could be bumping you off). I'd change your password just to be sure.

[quote name='Rosterking']I don't really care for Resistance Series myself but IMHO Resistance 3 had the best fps campaign I ever played. I never beat or played extensively either of the two previous titles.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, this is the first Resistance title I've played but I like the story. Gameplay is pretty standard realistically, weapons are cool. More below.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']IMO the Resistance series just doesn't seem incredibly original to me when you look past the breeds of enemies and some more innovative weapons. Storyline was kinda...typical and the gameplay was a too linear I think...[/QUOTE]
TBH, if I play the first 2 Resistance games it'll be after the Ratchet series. I find the best part about this game to be the weapons and the enemy types, but I prefer Insomniac's efforts in those fields in the Ratchet games more, so I'd rather play those before the other Resistance titles. But I'm glad I played this one.

[quote name='Rocko']Yeah, this is the first Resistance title I've played but I like the story. Gameplay is pretty standard realistically, weapons are cool. More below.

TBH, if I play the first 2 Resistance games it'll be after the Ratchet series. I find the best part about this game to be the weapons and the enemy types, but I prefer Insomniac's efforts in those fields in the Ratchet games more, so I'd rather play those before the other Resistance titles. But I'm glad I played this one.[/QUOTE]
Well, of course if you played ratchet and clank then you had the bet wackiest gadgets around. I loved those games to death. Its just resistance 3 is a fps and ratchet not. Completely different style of games but a few same principles.

I'm off today. Not because of MLK. Because the schedule randomly gave me Sunday/Monday this week.

Kind of hoping today never ends though. After today I work 6 straight. Gonna suck.

Supposed to be at work for MLK day. Taking it off due to wife's chest cold/congestion.

Since there are no black people in Portland, they turn MLK into a "community service" or Volunteer Day.

As was I. I briefly forgot about it until it was mentioned in chat today, looked it up and saw it was dead. Made me happy.

[quote name='munch']How could I tell? I can login, then 10 minutes later or so I get logged out.[/QUOTE]
It could just be the new dashboard, as I've had a lot more random logouts on Xbox Live since it launched.

Saturday was good to me. Niners won and I bought tickets to see Radiohead in April at San Jose.

Tickets went on sale at 10am and by 10:03 it was sold out so I had to overpay on stubhub for them.

I can't make up my mind about Alcatraz right now. I want to like it but I hope it doesn't get lame.

Really I am just glad Justified starts this week.

[quote name='DT778']Saturday was good to me. Niners won and I bought tickets to see Radiohead in April at San Jose.

Tickets went on sale at 10am and by 10:03 it was sold out so I had to overpay on stubhub for them.[/QUOTE]

Very nice but a shame you had to scalp tickets. I hope they come closer and I don't have to scalp them.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']It just dawned on me that this might be my last generation of gaming.[/QUOTE]

You're never too old to game. If you can figure out how to work the new fangled thingydoo compsoles that come out, you have the right to play!

It's not about age, it's about how everyone is talking about cloud gaming. You lose physical media, you lose all rights of ownership. I can't abide by that.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']It's not about age, it's about how everyone is talking about cloud gaming. You lose physical media, you lose all rights of ownership. I can't abide by that.[/QUOTE]

You can't trade digital copies or buy a used one either. It takes all the "cheapness fun" out of it.

[quote name='DT778']Saturday was good to me. Niners won and I bought tickets to see Radiohead in April at San Jose.

Tickets went on sale at 10am and by 10:03 it was sold out so I had to overpay on stubhub for them.[/QUOTE]

My friend and I both had multiple browsers open when the tickets for their Kansas City show went on sale back in November, and we managed to get floor seats.

All they had was single seats in the worst sections after about 4 minutes. I'm pretty pumped.

Approaching nearly 12 hours without a post? Wow.

Loving the weather report for tomorrow.
1am-3am Snow.
3am-6am heavy snow possible
7 am Rain.

:rolls eyes:

The news at noon spent a full hour with "Winter Storm Coverage" over the inch we got this morning. (That has subsquently melted)

The 80s were great. I was having whisky with Boesky and cookies with Milken.

[quote name='Chika']I don't even want to know where you find those.[/QUOTE]

From Brakster Stockman. Its possibly the best music video I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back