The First OTT of 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Maklershed']The 80s were great. I was having whisky with Boesky and cookies with Milken. [/QUOTE]

shut up, you were like 6 :lol:

[quote name='Maklershed']From Brakster Stockman. Its possibly the best music video I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

I think I could make a better music video. It would feature Peanut dancing to the song.

GMfda.png

[quote name='Maklershed']For brak

Does anyone wanna go dance up on the roof? ...... ..... .....

alt0kxa.gif
[/QUOTE]
:applause:

[quote name='Maklershed']The 80s were great. I was having whisky with Boesky and cookies with Milken.

From Brakster Stockman. Its possibly the best music video I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Baxter Stockman the mutated fly guy from TMNT? (80's cartoon reference)

Ah the 80s... Dancing to Debbie Gibson and Tiffany. The tween (before Tween was even a term) pop years.

[quote name='Eviltude']I was like 1. From what I remember though, it was pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

I remember living in the 80s. For about 8 1/2 months.

Even though SOPA is supposedly dead, today could make a very long day for us internet users as some websites (most noticeably wikipedia and webcomics from what I've seen thus far), are still participating in a blackout for today. I'm all for raising awareness, but doesn't mean today can't still suck for us average joes.

And yes, I'll admit. I'm probably addicted to the internet.

Good thing I'll be busy most of today with work and a boosting session so my internet time would be cut today anyways.

[quote name='JStryke']Even though SOPA is supposedly dead, today could make a very long day for us internet users as some websites (most noticeably wikipedia and webcomics from what I've seen thus far), are still participating in a blackout for today. I'm all for raising awareness, but doesn't mean today can't still suck for us average joes.

And yes, I'll admit. I'm probably addicted to the internet.

Good thing I'll be busy most of today with work and a boosting session so my internet time would be cut today anyways.[/QUOTE]
SOPA isn't really dead. Yes, it is shelved, as they say, but PIPA is still alive and well, and PIPA is just the slightly less offensive version of the two. The idea here, I'd presume, is to shelve the super terrible bill, have everyone say "Hooray, another grassroots victory for us!" and then have PIPA pass, and the same shit more or less happens. That's why it's still important to talk about the bills and go through with the blackout.

Here, read this -- SOPA is effectly "dead" for now. Can it be resurrected? Yeah. So it's not like we can ignore it still -- but as Rocko diligently points out, PIPA is the bigger problem now, especially since it's a little less crazy than SOPA; this can lead to people thinking "well compared to SOPA, this really isn't bad." Yes it's bad. It's all bad... And to make matters worse, SOPA can still be "refined" and brought back to the House floor, so the battle to keep the internet uncensored is not yet over.

[quote name='prmononoke']My friend and I both had multiple browsers open when the tickets for their Kansas City show went on sale back in November, and we managed to get floor seats.

All they had was single seats in the worst sections after about 4 minutes. I'm pretty pumped.[/QUOTE]Nice, I got to remember to do that next time.

two inches of snow overnight. It's now 45 and raining so of course the kids school was cancelled.

And the cold/sinus congestion that will not die. It's just enough to make me uncomfortable without being full out miserable/sick.

[quote name='Number83']Why I hate the internet!

http://movies.msn.com/paralleluniverse/george-lucas-talks-star-wars-critics/story/feature/

"Why would I make any more when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?" - George Lucas[/QUOTE]

He raped Indiana Jones.
The internet is doing it's job. :cool:
I mean, c'mon, I know you love Star Wars and all, but did you really want to see episode 7, 8, 9 in 3D with Jar Jar Binks grandchildren hugging some Ewoks? :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let him take his ball and go home, most people say the prequels and additions are all shitty anyway (I haven't seen them). Why would you want your favorite series to become more of a joke because the creator doesn't know when to stop?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']He raped Indiana Jones.
The internet is doing it's job. :cool:
I mean, c'mon, I know you love Star Wars and all, but did you really want to see episode 7, 8, 9 in 3D with Jar Jar Binks grandchildren hugging some Ewoks? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Certainly not...But some of the comics and novels that detail Luke and the gang after the destruction of the death star were pretty good reads. Probably because he had nothing to do with them.

I do want to see Red Tails though. :)

[quote name='Rocko']Let him take his ball and go home, most people say the prequels and additions are all shitty anyway (I haven't seen them). Why would you want your favorite series to become more of a joke because the creator doesn't know when to stop?[/QUOTE]

This is exactly the image I had of him...a spoiled baby crying and saying they're my toys and you can't play with them. Especially, as the article said:
"Lucas continues to bash these critics despite the fact that their appreciation for the series helped it generate $4.4 billion in worldwide box-office sales."

If someone paid me 4.4 billion, you could say whatever the heck you wanted...I'd drown my sorrows by swimming in my vault, ala Scrooge McDuck.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Points shotgun at face. Pulls trigger. Blames mirrors for pointing out self-inflicted disfigurement.[/QUOTE]

Everything OK, H3ll?

[quote name='seanr1221']Expendables 2 is going to be rated PG-13 because Chuck Norris wants kids to be able to see it.[/QUOTE]

What he forgets is kids will be seeing the movies anyways. A rating doesn't stop all that many people really.

I'm selling some more Criterions. Here's a list if anyone is interested. They're all DVDs.

Vampyr
The Complete Mr. Arkadin
Dazed and Confused
Fanny & Alexander: The Theatrical Version
Sansho the Bailiff
The Shop on Main Street
Elevator to the Gallows
Throne of Blood
Rushmore
Hoop Dreams
The Rock
Ugetsu
Red Beard
Yi Yi
Hopschotch
M. Hulot’s Holiday
Army of Shadows

This was ballpark shipped.

Vampyr-20
The Complete Mr. Arkadin-$20
Dazed and Confused-$10
Fanny & Alexander: The Theatrical Version-$10
Sansho the Bailiff-$16
The Shop on Main Street-$10
Elevator to the Gallows--$15
Throne of Blood-$15
Rushmore-$10
Hoop Dreams-$15
The Rock-$5
Ugetsu-$16
Red Beard-$20
Yi Yi-$15
Hopschotch-$20
M. Hulot’s Holiday-$16
Army of Shadows--$20

[quote name='seanr1221']Expendables 2 is going to be rated PG-13 because Chuck Norris wants kids to be able to see it.[/QUOTE]Weak.

I'd be interested in Throne of Blood at that price.

Homefront was pretty fun, but fucking hell was it short. According to Steam I finished it in 3 hours.

[quote name='munch']This was ballpark shipped.

Vampyr-20
The Complete Mr. Arkadin-$20
Dazed and Confused-$10
Fanny & Alexander: The Theatrical Version-$10
Sansho the Bailiff-$16
The Shop on Main Street-$10
Elevator to the Gallows--$15
Throne of Blood-$15
Rushmore-$10
Hoop Dreams-$15
The Rock-$5
Ugetsu-$16
Red Beard-$20
Yi Yi-$15
Hopschotch-$20
M. Hulot’s Holiday-$16
Army of Shadows--$20[/QUOTE]

I want Rushmore. Maybe one or two more, but I definitely want Rushmore.

[quote name='DT778']Weak.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Who knows how watered down it could be if they conform to Norris' request...and let's face it, nobody is going to defy Chuck.

Dammit Mak. Now I have to sneeze too.

As far as the snow, that sucks. Luckily I'm not carts tonight and I don't go in until 4 tomorrow so I should be able to avoid it as far as work goes. Of course, my luck, my one roommate will try getting out of it using his health as an excuse and I'm sure the other guy will mysteriously disappear overnight forcing me to shovel everything by myself tomorrow.

I plan on trying my hand at noodle making this weekend. I'll start with soba noodles! I am surprised to learn that salt is not traditionally added to the flour.

How's the workout/dieting/life style change going for your Rocko?

[quote name='Maklershed']Morning all. We're to get a good 5 inches of snow tonight. :whee:

Also I have very important news. I need to sneeze.[/QUOTE]
We got that last night and it was three fucking degrees this morning. I think we're supposed to get a few more inches of snow tonight, as well.

[quote name='Rocko']Why are you selling them, Munch?[/QUOTE]

I'm poor. And I'm trying to get rid of stuff I don't need.

[quote name='munch']I'm poor. And I'm trying to get rid of stuff I don't need.[/QUOTE]

Sell me The Third Man on Blu.

~~~~

I picked up Traffic and waiting for them to release The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou and The Royal Tenenbaums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back