The Following

Yep loving the show. Between The Following, Justified, and Game of Thrones that start next month, I'm set with some excellent TV programming.

Yeah this episode has been my favorite so far. There are a lot of twists and turns that I don't expect, and this was only the 3rd episode.

[quote name='Superstar']Yeah this episode has been my favorite so far. There are a lot of twists and turns that I don't expect, and this was only the 3rd episode.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, about 2 twist per episode, very suspenseful. I can't wait for the rest of the season. Yep all three episodes are all excellent, but tonight episode was Excellent+1 ;)

I'm not exactly creeped out by Purefoy's performance. He's supposed to be a serial killer operating near the level of Lecter but he's more like a bug than a snake.
Kevin Bacon, on the other hand, is the best part of the show, and possibly the only reason I want to keep continuing.

I'm really digging the show. I just hope Fox doesn't pull the plug on it.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I'm not exactly creeped out by Purefoy's performance. He's supposed to be a serial killer operating near the level of Lecter but he's more like a bug than a snake.
Kevin Bacon, on the other hand, is the best part of the show, and possibly the only reason I want to keep continuing.[/QUOTE]
I'm liking him as a serial killer/cult leader. I don't think he's supposed to be portrayed as creepy, but intelligent and charismatic.

I'm really liking the show as well, and I agree for the most part with the criticism on Purefoy's performance thus far as Joe Carroll. He seems like a blend of Lecter's intellect and charisma and the malice and long-range planning of Clyde Shelton from Law Abiding Citizen.

I was really enjoying the show, but I must admit that last week's episode was filled with so many "there in on it too" moments that I feel like that is going to be their way of dragging this thing out. I love good ideas but some shows just feel like they need to be mini series. Prison Break comes to mind.

This show has been getting more and more ludicrous each episode. I gave up after it turned out that the main bad guy is omniscient, everyone is a serial killer, and all the cops are totally incompetent.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']I was really enjoying the show, but I must admit that last week's episode was filled with so many "there in on it too" moments that I feel like that is going to be their way of dragging this thing out. I love good ideas but some shows just feel like they need to be mini series. Prison Break comes to mind.[/QUOTE]
Or a movie.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Anybody watch the finale last night?[/QUOTE]

For some reason I felt obligated to go ahead and try with this show. It started off great and gradually become more and more convoluted to the point where I wondered how they could legitimately think people would find this entertaining. It even started making fun of itself when Hardy started telling Joe how predictable he was being. I feel as though the writers honestly thought this show would get cancelled and so they made a doable season finale that could sort of act like a series finale. It's only going to get worse from here. Kevin Bacon is better than this trash and only Revolution rivals this show as the worst new show on broadcast television that people actually watched.

bread's done
Back