The Force Unleashed, Rock Band (X360) Free AR at FYE

[quote name='j4y_7']Just got back from my local FYE where I picked up Halo 3 LE and SW:FU. They must have been the last 2 copies because they took the empty display cases and put the games and manuals in. When I got home I took a closer look and the games looked used. The rebate forms printed out but I'm considering returning them.[/QUOTE]

If it was a first edition copy of the Halo 3 LE, there were issues with the cases where the discs came loose and the case scratched the hell out of them. Microsoft had a replacement program for the damaged discs, but it expired some time ago. When I bought it earlier this year (at the Circuit City liquidation) I had that problem, and I had to threaten Microsoft with the Better Business Bureau in order to get them to replace the discs (I was amazed that it worked, because I thought the BBB was fairly ineffectual, but when I brought them in MS jumped right on it).

Don't know about SW:FU -- that was probably a case of less than careful gutting. That's one of the reasons I don't even look at Gamestop much anymore, because even their "new" games are (gutting aside) often in used condition.

I'm happy that I scored SWTFU yesterday. Last copy. I guess someone else was in earlier that day, but didn't want it because it was their last copy. The clerk figured he was gonna sell the game on ebay and get the rebate. So, I lucked out. Game was mint, though. So, I'm not complaining.

[quote name='Readthepost']
iconps3.gif
SW:FU does not have a $30 Rebate...it's has no rebate. I check in NY and NJ.[/QUOTE]

I does have a rebate on Tempe, AZ

And they offered a trial membership of some sorts that takes another 10% off (making it tax free), hope I did the right thing.

Went to an FYE today looking for Force Unleashed; no luck there, but I did find Rock Band and figured why not. No rebate printed on the receit, does anyone know where to find it online? This will be my first time doing a rebate from FYE so hopefully all goes well!

[quote name='JediJames2']Went to an FYE 9today looking for Force Unleashed; no luck there, but I did find Rock Band and figured why not. No rebate printed on the receit, does anyone know where to find it online? This will be my first time doing a rebate from FYE so hopefully all goes well![/QUOTE]It may be worth giving them a call.

I called about not getting a rebate receipt from Gears of War 1 and they told me to just stop in and they'd take the amount ($25) off the receipt. Ended up paying about a dollar for the game.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Wow they're fast. They have already received my rebate and validated it. It is now in final processing. I sent it in on the 6th.[/QUOTE]

Got the same email this morning. This will drop my Halo 3 LE down to $10 :cool:

Just an FYI for anyone else late to this thread. The last day to purchase was on 8/11. Sorry guys

I sent mine out on Monday morning. Just checked and they've been validated and out for final processing.

The rebate forms are available at rebateshq.com under Trans World Entertainment

I sent mine in on Saturday and I just got the tracking number back...Tuesday or Wednesday. Says it's already been validated and out for final processing, but considering I read something somewhere that said to allow 6-8 weeks for shipment of the rebate, it makes me wonder how long it'll be in the "final processing" stage.

Not sure whether this is really the thread for this (is there a general FYE deals thread? I looked but didn't find one.), but possibly of interest, I found :psp:Killzone: Liberation on sale for $9.99 new at FYE last night. Original packaging, not Greatest Hits. I was surprised that it was an actual in-store sale price, and not the usual mail-in rebate mess.

So, has anyone actually gotten their rebate for :360: Force Unleashed? I finally checked online, and I got an invalid status, stating "$30 Products Missing Product"...what does that even mean? I went to specific length to send both the UPC from the game, and the FYE sticker on the front, and my original receipt. I have a copy of everything (always copy your rebate form and UPCs), but I am thinking I got hosed.

[quote name='donniedroc']So, has anyone actually gotten their rebate for :360: Force Unleashed? I finally checked online, and I got an invalid status, stating "$30 Products Missing Product"...what does that even mean? I went to specific length to send both the UPC from the game, and the FYE sticker on the front, and my original receipt. I have a copy of everything (always copy your rebate form and UPCs), but I am thinking I got hosed.[/QUOTE]

I haven't received mine, but it says its processing. I'd agree you got hosed, I'd contact them if I were you.

[quote name='donniedroc']So, has anyone actually gotten their rebate for :360: Force Unleashed? I finally checked online, and I got an invalid status, stating "$30 Products Missing Product"...what does that even mean? I went to specific length to send both the UPC from the game, and the FYE sticker on the front, and my original receipt. I have a copy of everything (always copy your rebate form and UPCs), but I am thinking I got hosed.[/QUOTE]

You got hosed. I sent in the rebate form, receipt, and only the game's price label (which does contain the bar code), and my rebate's been processed and validated and should be in my hands pretty soon. Call them up, and if they won't give you your money don't be afraid to go right back to the store where you bought the game and start a scene-- Trans-World Entertainment, the guys that run FYE, manage these rebates themselves. The buck stops with them.

[quote name='Mike Toole'] Call them up, and if they won't give you your money don't be afraid to go right back to the store where you bought the game and start a scene-- Trans-World Entertainment, the guys that run FYE, manage these rebates themselves. The buck stops with them.[/QUOTE]
The website only gives the ability to submit a 'contact me' form. Hopefully, they will be responsive in a timely manner. If not, I plan to take the game back into the store and have words.

My visit to FYE was one of the most profoundly depressing experiences I've had in a while. I hadn't been to my hometown's mall in almost 8 years, and it had turned into sort of a "Gangland" type of scene, if you know what I mean.

But the FYE used to be insanely awesome in high school. Our Lady Peace and other bands used to play shows inside the store it was so big. Now it's about a quarter the size and looks like a Pharmacy. Adding to the sterilized look was that all 3 workers in the store were pushing 65. All incredibly nice and decent people, but just seemed to skew away from the "HIP" demographic they used to cultivate there.

Additionally, I tried to buy 3 different new games on sale. Used copies of the same games were all regularly $5 more expensive than new. They didn't have any new copies in stock, so the clerk tried to override the 3 used games for the same price as the new ones (all the used games looked new and were complete). This proved to be impossible. This old man looked so disappointed that he wasn't able to sell me 3 used games because his corporate overlords are inept.

God, I need a drink.

[quote name='arbitraryhandle']My visit to FYE was one of the most profoundly depressing experiences I've had in a while. I hadn't been to my hometown's mall in almost 8 years, and it had turned into sort of a "Gangland" type of scene, if you know what I mean.

But the FYE used to be insanely awesome in high school. Our Lady Peace and other bands used to play shows inside the store it was so big. Now it's about a quarter the size and looks like a Pharmacy. Adding to the sterilized look was that all 3 workers in the store were pushing 65. All incredibly nice and decent people, but just seemed to skew away from the "HIP" demographic they used to cultivate there.

Additionally, I tried to buy 3 different new games on sale. Used copies of the same games were all regularly $5 more expensive than new. They didn't have any new copies in stock, so the clerk tried to override the 3 used games for the same price as the new ones (all the used games looked new and were complete). This proved to be impossible. This old man looked so disappointed that he wasn't able to sell me 3 used games because his corporate overlords are inept.

God, I need a drink.[/QUOTE]

The times they are a changin'

Just thought I would post some of my thoughts/experiences on F.Y.E as of recent. First off, I used to never shop there, in Ohio the nearest one to me was over a half hour away and the only selection they had was used games and a couple of no-name new games. Prices were always considerably higher and there was no point in shopping there.

Now, however, that I'm in Florida, F.Y.E. has become quite a different experience. They still don't have a huge selection of games (at some stores, others have a significantly large selection) and their prices tend to be higher than what you can find elsewhere. However, here is some information I feel may help based on what others have been asking in the thread, hopefully it will be helpful to a few.

1. In regards to the Backstage Pass V.I.P. program - I signed up when I went there the first time, mostly because the lady made me feel too guilty to say no :roll: She told me she tried it to make sure everything worked as they were being told, she signed up and was able to cancel very easily within the first month and still got the reward for signing up. So, I figured since they were offering a $20 giftcard by mail for signing up, I would.

So, just for signing up they are offering the $20 F.Y.E. gift card, but you do have to mail a card in and wait for it to come back. You also get 10% off on your everyday purchases and 20% off on your birthday. You get a little booklet of information that comes with additional coupons, $5 off $35 , $3 off a used CD or DVD, etc. You also get access to their website which allows you to print additional coupons, for example, $3 off a game, CD or DVD priced at $12.99. With the VIP membership you do get additional savings at hotels, stores, restaurants, entertainment, movie tickets (they do have to be purchased in advance, online and they charge shipping, so it isn't as big of savings) etc. I never used them, but they seem to be pretty decent if you find things you are planning to do anyway. All coupons can be stacked with the 10% discount, which is nice as well. While using my membership the 10% was great because it covered tax and gave me an additional 3.5% off. When buying free games or whatnot, that made them truly free, so that was pretty awesome. I also used several coupons during the month of free trial, so a lot of games I actually will be getting money back on and/or covering the cost of the games I paid a little for. If you are looking to save some money there are quite a few discounts, but the 10% off at F.Y.E and $20 gift card a lone make the card a great deal.

On that note, I noticed a few people asking about canceling the membership. I have not received my gift card yet, but I'm assuming it just takes a little while to arrive. I went ahead and canceled my membership tonight. I found out when I called I had until September 5, but it doesn't start the day you sign up, it takes a few days to activate, so I wanted to just get it canceled so I didn't end up missing the deadline and paying $10. I called in around 9 tonight and it took 3 or so minutes to get through the first promp and then wait for the operator to pick up. The person that answered was a very fast speaking guy who did not speak English very well (it took me three times to finally understand his name and I'm still not sure I got it) He was very hard to understand because he talked so fast and seemed to talk away from the mic. After telling him I wanted to cancel he looked at my account and told me I had a few days left and that he was going to send me something, it sounded like 4 $10 rebates by mail, I'm not sure if that is what it was, if it was for restaurants or possibly just four months of free membership. Again, he was very hard to understand and I thought he said he was going to send it just for signing up, so I went ahead and agreed to it, he confirmed my address and then started hanging up, but I was able to get him before he did and asked if it was actually canceled and he said no and then went on saying something else about the rebates or whatever. I told him I would just prefer to get it canceled and then he forwarded me to an automated line that completed the cancellation and gave me a cancellation code. Overall, I don't think it took but 5 minutes to cancel and was relatively painless. I don't think there would have been any hassle if he would have been a little easier to understand. But, it seems like an easy process, so for $20 and 10% off purchases for a month, it was well worth it.

2. In regards to mailing in rebates - I asked several employees at two F.Y.E. stores, a few that were very knowledgeable and/or managers and a couple that seemed less knowledgeable and they all gave me the same answer to my question. When mailing in rebates you do not have to cut the UPC off of the box, you simply remove the stick that F.Y.E uses and mail that in. The first lady I dealt with actually took the tag off for me and put it on the rebate form and showed me how to do it. I have not received any rebates back yet (the first one I mailed in was on August 3) but I have not received any notifications that my rebates were mailed wrong. I have received tracking numbers from all of my rebates, it took less than a week after mailing to get them, and they all said valid and processing. The other day they did update and said the amount I would be receiving as well and they were all correct, so it seems I'm okay there, but I will wait until I get them to un-cross my fingers ;) and it says it will take 30 days to receive them. For all rebates I send in I make sure to keep a copy of everything for my purposes and keep track of everything. I also keep anything sealed that I don't really want and wait to open it until I get the rebate back. That way, if it comes back and says it wasn't valid I can take it to the store and if they don't give me the money back I can return the item to get my money. If it was something that was a good price anyway and I wanted it, then I don't do that, but I do it to be save on things I don't really want but am willing to try for $5 or $0 :D When dealing with $30-$60 games I want to be on the safe side... Unfortunately, you do have to mail in rebates. I prefer to do rebates online now, so much easier and faster, but for a free game, I think it is worth it. Hopefully they will get with the times soon and start offering them online. However, despite them only being online, they do get the e-mail to you with the tracking number very quickly, less than a week after mailing for all of mine. When I go to track it, they always say they have been approved and are going into final processing, so I assume that is when you would find out if it was declined as well.

There was a third thing I was going to note, but I forgot what it was. If I remember I will update the post if no one responds or add another post so anyone that wants can see it.

Again, I hope this help and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. My F.Y.E. that is closest to me have two really great managers and are very helpful, so that has made everything much easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='donniedroc']The website only gives the ability to submit a 'contact me' form. Hopefully, they will be responsive in a timely manner. If not, I plan to take the game back into the store and have words.[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly, I got an email today from customer service apologizing for the mix up, and they approved the rebate...wait 4-6 weeks. Don't care how long it takes, I just feel vindicated.

Got emails back on several rebates that I had sent at the same time last week. The Rock Band rebate appears to have gone through ok, as well as the rebate on some DVDs that I bought. However, they're trying to play games with the "buy 1 PS2 game get 1 free" offer, and claiming that the purchase date and postmark date are both invalid -- which is blatantly untrue, I've got copies of the rebate form and the receipt in front of me which say otherwise. So I guess I'll have to try to argue it out with them.

Worth noting, though, is this -- the email from them says the exact same thing that the successful ones say, that they've "received the submission". It's not until you actually go to the site and look up the tracking number that they say that they've declared the rebate to be "invalid". So just a warning, make sure that you go and check the status on the site rather than just trusting that the email means that everything is ok.

Got my $60 and $55 visa card two days ago without any issues.

Also received my $20 giftcard from the FYE backstage pass the same day.

(I canceled the membership earlier last week.)

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']argh those bastards only sent me $30 instead of $60[/QUOTE]

Just curious. Did you ever check the status of you rebate online? When they first e-mailed me about my rebate with the tracking number it showed it was valid and going in for final processing. When I checked back a few days later it said to expect it in 30 days and at the top showed the amount.

I was just curious if the amount that they listed was $60 or $30.

Also, did they list any reason why? I know that the form said it was like a $70 max or something, so I don't see that being the issue. If the form had the price at $60 and everything was there, I see no reason why they wouldn't give you the full amount, definitely something I would contact them about.

It said $30 but I didn't think that was the total rebate amount. I'm guessing they didn't notice that the rebate showed two games that were eligible.

Got my $60 Visa gift card yesterday for Halo 3 LE & SW:FU

I sent in 1 form (printed from rebateshq.com not the one from the register) w/ 2 UPC's.

I got all but one rebate today, the other one wasn't sent until August 26 because I bought on the 25.

I got:

$20 F.Y.E. Giftcard for trying Backstage VIP (Canceled late Friday and received in the giftcard in the mail on Monday.

$30 Visa Prepaid Giftcard for Halo Limited Edition

$35 Visa Prepaid Giftcard for Dragon Quest Rocket Slime and Lost Planet

$25 Visa Prepaid Giftcard for Spiderwick Chronicles

$20 Visa Prepaid Giftcard for Coby MP3 Player

I missed out on Star Wars For Unleashed because I wasn't aware of the rebate till after it was over.

So now I'm left with:

$30 Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009 :ps3:
$30 Saints Row 2 :ps3:
$30 Rockband :360:

I have to admit, I was a little nervous I wasn't going to receive my rebates, this was my first time submitting a rebate with F.Y.E. so I was a little worried I wouldn't get them. I can definitely rest a little easier now that I've got them. Hopefully everything goes smoothly with the others, I expect to have the tracking today or tomorrow, based on the way the others worked.

[quote name='arcane93']Got emails back on several rebates that I had sent at the same time last week. The Rock Band rebate appears to have gone through ok, as well as the rebate on some DVDs that I bought. However, they're trying to play games with the "buy 1 PS2 game get 1 free" offer, and claiming that the purchase date and postmark date are both invalid -- which is blatantly untrue, I've got copies of the rebate form and the receipt in front of me which say otherwise. So I guess I'll have to try to argue it out with them.[/QUOTE]

Sent them a message this morning right after posting this, and just got a reply back from them that they'd fixed it and the rebate is now valid. Checked the site, and everything looks ok. At least they were quick to fix their problem.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']It said $30 but I didn't think that was the total rebate amount. I'm guessing they didn't notice that the rebate showed two games that were eligible.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely send them an e-mail or give them a call. They seem to be pretty good with their rebates, even though they aren't one of the bigger chains. If that doesn't get you an answer, I would go back to the store where you bought them and ask. I don't open my games until I get the rebate back (unless it is a game I actually want and the price is okay to begin with) so that if there is a problem I can take all of my proof into the store and get my money back.

But I would definitely see what they can do. I had two items with multiple things on the receipt and didn't have an issue, so it may have been overlooked and they can send you out the rebate.

[quote name='derspiess']Got my $30 rebate for SWTFU yesterday. Putting it with the Best Buy gift cards to put towards a Zune HD :)[/QUOTE]

Man. I'm so jealous. I want the Zune HD so bad. I have an 80gb Zune and loved it, but I wanted a flash player as well and also liked the idea of having touch screen. So, I waited and waited, hoping Microsoft would come out with something similar and they didn't, so I finally bought the iPod Touch in April. I mean, I like the iPod Touch and all, but when I seen that Zune HD for the first time I totally :drool:

I'm sure you already know, but I think Best buy is giving a $25 gift card, or some promotion if you pre-order the Zune HD. If you plan to get it, it would definitely be nice to get an extra $25 off.

Enjoy your Zune, I'll just keep dreaming about getting one!

bread's done
Back