The FREE NCAA College Basketball pool - CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS!

[quote name='becuzimbrown']um lol i have a joust and a frogger code.......can i get in?[/quote]

You can get in free, but I'm gonna need those codes :D

[quote name='popemogoth']awesome i want in...thanks[/QUOTE]

You obviously didn't read the fine print in the OP. This contest was limited due to the amount of teams in the brackets. Better luck next time:D

Hey guys. I just noticed that a few of the entrants in this pool were from Canada. This brings up a little bit of an issue that I hadn't thought of prior. Shipping to Canada can be quite expensive and while I'm more than happy to part with the games and the $8 it costs to ship them in the USA, I'm finding myself not so willing to part with the $20+ that it would cost to get the games to Canada. I think that I'm going to have to add the restriction of USA based CAGs only in this pool. I'm really sorry about this guys, but if you are entered in the pool and do not have a USA address, please let me know so that I can remove your name from the pool (unless you are willing to agree to pay for the excess shipping costs should your team win, that would be OK too). I'm really sorry to have to ask this of the Canadian CAGs participating, but there's not much that I can do. Thank you.

-brian

You shouldn't have to apologize brian. You're offering up free games and I'm guessing the Canadian community here probably wouldn't mind forking out a little extra towards the shipping. If they aren't then that means there is one more slot for those less fortunate CAG's, popemogoth, to get in on the action. Myself I'm in the U.S., but if I was in Canada I would definitely help ot on the shipping cost.:D Looking forward to my team. Hopefully I don't get the OVC team. I wouldn't mind the OVC team if Austin Peay had made it, but any other team in my conference is a no go :rofl:

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']Syracuse got screwed, but my Illini got in!

EDIT: Not that I want the Illini, I want a legitamite chance of actually winning this thing, lol[/quote]

Not only did Syracuse get screwed, so did the Mid-Majors. Doesn't finishing 5th, 6th and 7th in your "power" conference already show that you can't hang with the so called "best teams"?

It's ridiculous. The drama of the tournament comes from the David vs. Goliath aspect. Can anyone seriously get excited about a 18-12 Stanford team being an 11 seed and upsetting a 6 seed? Same goes for Illinois at 12. It's a bit absurd that the number of mid-major at-large bids keep going down year after year, even with all the parity that is now in college basketball.

I am sick and tired of these people thinking the 6th best team in a "power" conference is better than teams like Missouri State, Drexel, Air Force, Appalachian State etc etc etc...

[quote name='schuerm26']Not only did Syracuse get screwed, so did the Mid-Majors. Doesn't finishing 5th, 6th and 7th in your "power" conference already show that you can't hang with the so called "best teams"?

It's ridiculous. The drama of the tournament comes from the David vs. Goliath aspect. Can anyone seriously get excited about a 18-12 Stanford team being an 11 seed and upsetting a 6 seed? Same goes for Illinois at 12. It's a bit absurd that the number of mid-major at-large bids keep going down year after year, even with all the parity that is now in college basketball.

I am sick and tired of these people thinking the 6th best team in a "power" conference is better than teams like Missouri State, Drexel, Air Force, Appalachian State etc etc etc...[/QUOTE]

sorry to say but air force is garbage =D

[quote name='smellhasreturned']I'll probably get Gonzaga if its random[/quote]

bah...i got Gonzaga...just my luck with free things;)

bread's done
Back