The Free Stuff After GCO Discount Thread!

[quote name='Metalthug']Can somebody please explain to me how this works?
And do you have to live in the US?
Thanks.[/quote]

Basically, Google Checkout gives you 10 dollars off your purchase if you are a new customer. Some items on buy.com have free shipping and are exactly 10 dollars. Therefore they are completely free. However I am almost 100% sure that you have to live in the US.

[quote name='darthbudge']Basically, Google Checkout gives you 10 dollars off your purchase if you are a new customer. Some items on buy.com have free shipping and are exactly 10 dollars. Therefore they are completely free. However I am almost 100% sure that you have to live in the US.[/quote]
Thanks for that info, but shame about the last part. :(

D_Icon, stop. That's spamming.
And I just got my USB Speakerphone right from my door, my moms like "Whats this box in front of the door?" and I race out, I'm so glad :) I get another package on Monday, a V Mask
All Hail GCO

Through this site, he and other people have simply just been posting "tagged" I know what it means, but it doesn't add ANYTHING at all to the topic

[quote name='Leek']Through this site, he and other people have simply just been posting "tagged" I know what it means, but it doesn't add ANYTHING at all to the topic[/quote]

Get the dick out of your ass, ever since you joined all you can do is flame other people and shit.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']dont be such a tight ass[/quote]

Agreed, this argument is adding nothing to the thread either. So Stop it.

So is this a one time dealy or have you guys found a way to make it work multiple times. I see it says only on your first time purchase.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']I dunno if its been asked before but what if the item is less than 10 dollars does it still work?[/quote]

Has to be 10.00 or more, not 9.99.

So in order to use GCO more than once all I need to do is sign up again using a new email address?

Edit: Wow, there's a lot of $10 stuff I could get for free. Has anyone had problems using GCO over and over?

[quote name='mrchainsaw']So in order to use GCO more than once all I need to do is sign up again using a new email address?

Edit: Wow, there's a lot of $10 stuff I could get for free. Has anyone had problems using GCO over and over?[/quote]

I used it 7 times in a row once. they will occasionally shut you down but even then you can go and make another one right away.

[quote name='Metalic']I used it 7 times in a row once. they will occasionally shut you down but even then you can go and make another one right away.[/quote] You had to use a different email address each time, right? If they don't let it go through, will they go through with the order without the $10 discount or will they just deny you the discount?

Edit: Alright, I just ordered a few things, some for free after shipping and some for a couple dollars. I checked my checking account online to make sure everything is going fine and I noticed that I have several charges for $1 and none of the $2-3 charges. What are these? It has "pre-auth" as part of the description, does this mean they are only there to make sure the account is real and I'll be reimbursed? Or is this part of the agreement I agreed to? I don't have a problem being charged $1 for something that should've cost me $10 but I'm curious.

"Hello John ,

When we take your order we have every intention of shipping it to you.
However, sometimes circumstances beyond our control can prevent this from happening.

There was a problem processing your GoogleCheckout method of payment for your *******order #*******and consequently we had to cancel that order."

Argardargerder! Garfendoogle! Gaahh! Argg! My first order, and they cancel it!
Do they really use the phone number each and every time you place an order, because I got a lot of unknown number calls and such, but when I pick it up and I think it's them trying to confirm it, who ever called hung up. *sigh* I'll guess I'll try again and again until I can get what I want.

Edit:
Also I got this when I tried to order the headphones, I think they don't sell it any more.
[SIZE=+1]"Oops![/SIZE]Your shopping cart has expired because you took too long to check out, or because Buy.com no longer sells these items. Try returning to Buy.com to check out again. If that doesn't work, contact [email protected]."

Picked up a DS Lite travel kit with:
Screen Wipe, Earphones, 3 Stylus Pens, 4 Game Cases, Battery Pack.

It was $10 with free shipping, so after GCO, it was free. Nice!

[quote name='darkchaostitan']"Hello John ,

When we take your order we have every intention of shipping it to you.
However, sometimes circumstances beyond our control can prevent this from happening.

There was a problem processing your GoogleCheckout method of payment for your *******order #*******and consequently we had to cancel that order."

Argardargerder! Garfendoogle! Gaahh! Argg! My first order, and they cancel it!
Do they really use the phone number each and every time you place an order, because I got a lot of unknown number calls and such, but when I pick it up and I think it's them trying to confirm it, who ever called hung up. *sigh* I'll guess I'll try again and again until I can get what I want.

Edit:
Also I got this when I tried to order the headphones, I think they don't sell it any more.
[SIZE=+1]"Oops![/SIZE]Your shopping cart has expired because you took too long to check out, or because Buy.com no longer sells these items. Try returning to Buy.com to check out again. If that doesn't work, contact

[quote name='Lefty Noob']Picked up a DS Lite travel kit with:
Screen Wipe, Earphones, 3 Stylus Pens, 4 Game Cases, Battery Pack.

It was $10 with free shipping, so after GCO, it was free. Nice![/quote]

link please?

I have done this twice and now with a new address it does not work. I log in and things are already 10 bucks and I do not get the discount. However I do not remember if I need to put in the credit card info first or not. I don't think I did in the past and now the Kingston 1GB Data Traveler Flash Drive is showing up with tax and i'm from IL.

I haven't been on this site in forever, but I've been browsing it again the past couple days. Glad I stumbled into this thread.

Just thought I'd let you know that the screw driver set no longer seems to work since the price isn't exactly $10 anymore(it dropped I guess so you don't' get the discount anymore).

I ordered a few of the other things though, so thanks to everyone who has added something to the list. I've kinda looked, but haven't found anything yet.

[quote name='Sooner']I haven't been on this site in forever, but I've been browsing it again the past couple days. Glad I stumbled into this thread.

Just thought I'd let you know that the screw driver set no longer seems to work since the price isn't exactly $10 anymore(it dropped I guess so you don't' get the discount anymore).

I ordered a few of the other things though, so thanks to everyone who has added something to the list. I've kinda looked, but haven't found anything yet.[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know, I will remove that.

I got emails today saying that of the 4 things I ordered, 2 have been shipped and 2 were canceled. If I just make 2 more accounts and reorder the two that were canceled, will that work, or should I let it wait a little while before ordering more stuff?

[quote name='Sooner']I got emails today saying that of the 4 things I ordered, 2 have been shipped and 2 were canceled. If I just make 2 more accounts and reorder the two that were canceled, will that work, or should I let it wait a little while before ordering more stuff?[/quote]
I would wait a day or two anyway and use a different CC if you can.

EDIT: I think they are catching on guys, I placed an order for some items and they both got cancelled. Watch Out.

do you have to put your CC info in before you see the -10.00 to it or should it show up when you sign in with a gmail account that you have not used on the site. Also I'm in IL and they were going to charge me tax on everything.

[quote name='sendme']do you have to put your CC info in before you see the -10.00 to it or should it show up when you sign in with a gmail account that you have not used on the site. Also I'm in IL and they were going to charge me tax on everything.[/quote]

Yeah you have to create the new account and then it shows the 10 dollars off and it removes the taxes usually.

I bought a cd that was 10.89. It still says I payed 10 at the end of the checkout. Did I do something wrong? I used Google checkout. OR do you get/see the rebate after a bit? I already contacted the people to make sure, but I was cuirious. I would not have bought it if it were not only a few cents over...

[quote name='Atomic Nirvana']I bought a cd that was 10.89. It still says I payed 10 at the end of the checkout. Did I do something wrong? I used Google checkout. OR do you get/see the rebate after a bit? I already contacted the people to make sure, but I was cuirious. I would not have bought it if it were not only a few cents over...[/quote]

Did you get to the screen yet where it says "Pay XX.xx" Yet? If you don't see that the discount has been given then, well then you need to go back and do it again, try making a new GCO account.

What if I already purchased it. Those assholes never emailed me back to help out. Is there a way to cancel my order and re-do it? Let me know, thanks.

Wow. I never knew you could exploit Google Checkout like that. Awesome! I got the SD card, the flash drive, 2 cds, and a computer mouse for $63.81 $13.81!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']It really makes me hurt inside to know that I bought a 1gb flash drive at Best buy two years ago, on sale, for over a $100, just to bust it accidently and couldn't return it. Now, that same size thing is going for less than a dollar with this deal, and $10 without it.

:)[/quote]

There $10 anywhere pretty much now.
Have been for a while.

bread's done
Back