The Free Stuff After GCO Discount Thread!

do you have to click the link to activate the GCO acct in order for the order to go through? or can i just setup another email address and not worry about going in and clicking that link?

[quote name='iamsobroke']do you have to click the link to activate the GCO acct in order for the order to go through? or can i just setup another email address and not worry about going in and clicking that link?[/quote]

I'm not sure. If I had to guess, I'd say no, just because the order goes through just fine when you don't, but I'd still do it just in case. They can't charge you more than what the order confirmation page says.

Well after attempting to buy 9 things for ~$22 using different emails, I ended up getting the SD card and Graduation by Kanye West for $1.90. It seems they originally charged my card, but then most of it disappeared a few days later.

has anyone done this multiple times, getting several items with a GCO dicount?

if so did you use the same cc and billing/shippping address?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']has anyone done this multiple times, getting several items with a GCO dicount?

if so did you use the same cc and billing/shippping address?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I did it twice and got the Kingston 1GB flashdrive and sd card. I did this maybe a month or so ago. I tried it last week using the same cc and address and they sent me an email about scamming them with multiple accounts for the promo. Of course, they also said the account is still activate and good for use.
I think they are either checking the cc or doing a one-acount-one-address policy.

Does the 10 dollars off apply for any item on any site? I'm trying to buy a couple seasons of shows from the FYE DVD sale and use the 10 dollars off, but it doesn't seem to apply to the total when I get to the final checkout page on Google checkout.

[quote name='mjkusy13']Does the 10 dollars off apply for any item on any site? I'm trying to buy a couple seasons of shows from the FYE DVD sale and use the 10 dollars off, but it doesn't seem to apply to the total when I get to the final checkout page on Google checkout.[/quote]

I thought it did, but it really only seems to work on buy.com

[quote name='cashmanbc']but wait google checkout is for things over 10 dollars? It is 8 bucks for 1 GB SD[/quote]

Indeed, it is for any one order over $10. Hey, you could get two for $5.90.

The USB Speakerphone is a dead deal now at $34.32 w/GCO.

i want the sd card but i dont understand what i need to do? if i already used google checkout b4 do i still get the discount?

[quote name='orbit18']i want the sd card but i dont understand what i need to do? if i already used google checkout b4 do i still get the discount?[/quote] It's supposed to only be available to new google checkout users, but I've heard that people just make more accounts.

I ordered the 2GB SD card several weeks ago, but I haven't received it and it isn't on my bill. I used the GCO offer three times before this, so they're probably monitoring orders more closely now.

yeah i think. i made an order around a week ago and just shipped. i decided to make a new account and try again and it got cancelled. mind you i used a new card. my last order was around 3 weeks ago. so this would of been order #3 that would of gone thru. heh

edit: tried for #4. got cancelled. again, new card. seems they are checking the names and/or addresses.

[quote name='Ravenhood']Would that 2GB SD card that darkchaostitan posted work in a Wii? I've been wanting an SD card to put stuff on for a while now...[/quote]
As far as I know all SD cards work with the Wii.

I used GCO on 2 or 3 things back around the holiday season but I've tried a few times since then and haven't had any luck.

This was certainly odd...

I used the google checkout...everything seemed ok. Then roughly 10 minutes later I got an email saying they canceled my order due to the method used for google checkout. Then I got an email 2 days ago saying my order was shipped?!

About 20 minutes ago I got my free 1gb Kingston USB Thumbdrive in the mail =)

Rock on!

I just ordered a 2gb flash drive and a 2gb SD card for nothing. Hopefully I won't get blocked for either of them. Great thread CAGers!

I have made 2 purchases (with the same credit card) and both have been canceled. I used different emails addresses , physical addressess and names and still got shut down.

My Gf actually used this her second time about a week ago for an SD card that ended up costing her $ .97 after GCO, same address same name, different CC.

I found a usb hub thats like $8, can i just add music downloads or something cheap to make it $10 and than use GCO and get it for free/near free? Or does it only work on 1 item.

[quote name='Ghostface420']I found a usb hub thats like $8, can i just add music downloads or something cheap to make it $10 and than use GCO and get it for free/near free? Or does it only work on 1 item.[/quote]

Yeah you can do that.

However just remember that if you have done this before, most likely it won't go through. But some people do get lucky.

i think i might be of of the few that is actually a new member to GCO so i think im good

EDIT: found a few new free items in the weekly specials:

ELECTRONIC SUDOKU:

http://www.buy.com/prod/iGadget-TY-425-Sudoku-Electronic-Puzzle-Game/q/loc/111/208342258.html

LOGITECH WEBCAM:

http://www.buy.com/prod/logitech-labtec-webcam-pro-new-white-box/q/loc/111/206229855.html

EDIT2: i added another item to my cart to make it over $10 and it says "We're sorry, one or more of the items in your cart do not allow the use of Google Checkout. click here for more information." it looks like this only works on one item to me...

bread's done
Back