The game cube may be dead but....

mosey73

CAGiversary!
Well the gamecube may be in the closing moments of its life span, but I still love it. I am a game cube collector and i will buy any game for $9.99 or less online I have over 200 games . and i will really miss it .I have not bought a wii yet ( or even seen one ) the game cube was ( and is) a great system. when the hell will they start clearing cout all of the games for cheap??. oh well I guess i will keep looking

It's been collecting dust at my house for awhile. Then I got Twilight Princess and played that for a bit. I lost interest (and it looks horrible on my TV..why are GC component cables so expensive/hard to find?) and now it's collecting dust again.

[quote name='mosey73']...when the hell will they start clearing cout all of the games for cheap??. oh well I guess i will keep looking[/quote]

Since the Wii can play all of the Gamecube games flawlessly, and the Wii demo includes casual/family-oriented players, don't expect the GC games to get clearanced anytime soon.

Alot of the PS2 library is really dated now, but the smaller GC library is chock-full of quality titles that may as well be considered classics. I'm sure there's alot of ppl like me waiting to scoop up the GC games for cheap, and this is keeping the market from bottoming out.

You say you are a collector so that's fine if you want to grab all of the gamecube games, but to imply that the cube was a 'great' system is absurd. You own over 200 gamecube games? That's funny because I don't remember their being that many developed by Nintendo, which are the only Cube games worth owning. At least 90% of your Gamecube games are coasters. Like I said, that's cool if you're just a collector. Saying the gamecube is dead, implies that it was ever alive to begin with.

[quote name='dragonreborn23']You say you are a collector so that's fine if you want to grab all of the gamecube games, but to imply that the cube was a 'great' system is absurd. You own over 200 gamecube games? That's funny because I don't remember their being that many developed by Nintendo, which are the only Cube games worth owning. At least 90% of your Gamecube games are coasters. Like I said, that's cool if you're just a collector. Saying the gamecube is dead, implies that it was ever alive to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree with you there. While the GC had a bunch of must have games, nearly all of them were from Nintendo. And most of the few must haves from third parties went to other systems (Viewtiful Joe, RE4).

The GC was better than the N64 at least.

[quote name='dragonreborn23']You say you are a collector so that's fine if you want to grab all of the gamecube games, but to imply that the cube was a 'great' system is absurd. You own over 200 gamecube games? That's funny because I don't remember their being that many developed by Nintendo, which are the only Cube games worth owning. At least 90% of your Gamecube games are coasters. Like I said, that's cool if you're just a collector. Saying the gamecube is dead, implies that it was ever alive to begin with.[/quote]Oh. you're right. I am going to sell my gamecube and games , and start collecting spoons

gc had the best wrestling games last generation.

i wish i had the component cables though.. i barely played twilight princess.

i thought it was a great travel system since it was soo small.

its only dead in the sense there wont be any new games for it but its got life left as long as you find the games you really love on the system. a number of the exclusive gc titles have alot of replay. games like metroid 1 and 2, the resident evil games, the star wars games were cool especially jedi knight 2 ( very hard to find though ).

hell super smash bros suprisingly is an amazingly deep fighter for as simple as it is and has alot of replay value. and with prices dropping its a great time to get the games you want or always wanted at a low price.

I got rid of mine as I picked up a Wii at launch, but there are still a few GC games I want to pick up on the cheap and play through. 100% backwards compatibility is great!

[quote name='Vinny']

The GC was better than the N64 at least.[/quote]

I don't agree with that, Mario, Star Fox and Zelda were all better on N64.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I don't agree with that, Mario, Star Fox and Zelda were all better on N64.[/quote]

i agree. ww withstanding. the gc versions of those 3 series were letdowns.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I don't agree with that, Mario, Star Fox and Zelda were all better on N64.[/QUOTE]
Very true for the most part. The Star Fox games on the GC weren't really StarFox games at all since they were trying to make it into something it's not.

I kinda agree about Zelda except Wind Waker is my favorite one, but OOT is better than Twilight Princess IMO.

[quote name='dragonreborn23']You say you are a collector so that's fine if you want to grab all of the gamecube games, but to imply that the cube was a 'great' system is absurd.[/quote]
No, no, you meant to say SUBJECTIVE. Because there's no way his opinion can be wrong, even if it's not yours.

You own over 200 gamecube games?

Entirely possible, there have been 648 released so far. Across all regions, to be sure, but he could easily have that many.

That's funny because I don't remember their being that many developed by Nintendo, which are the only Cube games worth owning.
False. Or rather, since your (misinformed) OPINION can't be wrong, even if it's not anyone else's, subjective.

At least 90% of your Gamecube games are coasters. Like I said, that's cool if you're just a collector. Saying the gamecube is dead, implies that it was ever alive to begin with.
And that? Troll. Unless you can prove you are the arbiter of all things cool.

If you didn't want to contribute to the conversation, you could have at least gone to another forum, one with a console you enjoyed, and wanked in there. Shitting in here served no purpose.

People forget that plenty of last generation's best games recieved gamecube ports, that were most often better quality than the PS2 versions either in framerate, texture quality, or load times. Usually not as good as Xbox versions, but they are at least backwards compatible. I find myself buying plenty of GameCube versions of games I wanted to play last gen, if GameCube ports exist.

[quote name='camoor']Since the Wii can play all of the Gamecube games flawlessly, and the Wii demo includes casual/family-oriented players, don't expect the GC games to get clearanced anytime soon.[/quote]
Yeah, I'm sure that's why the GameCube section is nearly non-existant at Best Buy, Circuit City, Kmart, Target, Wal-Mart and every other non-gaming specific retailer out there. GameCube may be able to have its games played on the Wii, but stores that aren't specialized in just gaming see them as games for an obsolete system that they need to get rid of to make room for the newer stuff.

A local electronics store by me is trying to clear out everything last gen, including PS2 games. Their GameCube section no longer exists, either.

Just cause GameStop and Game Crazy still carry them for the Wii doesn't mean other stores do.

Though that is sad, as it sounds. :(

[quote name='Tsukento']Yeah, I'm sure that's why the GameCube section is nearly non-existant at Best Buy, Circuit City, Kmart, Target, Wal-Mart and every other non-gaming specific retailer out there. GameCube may be able to have its games played on the Wii, but stores that aren't specialized in just gaming see them as games for an obsolete system that they need to get rid of to make room for the newer stuff.

A local electronics store by me is trying to clear out everything last gen, including PS2 games. Their GameCube section no longer exists, either.

Just cause GameStop and Game Crazy still carry them for the Wii doesn't mean other stores do.

Though that is sad, as it sounds. :([/quote]

Guess I was talking more from the perspective of waiting for "clearance" price drops online.

I would never buy a game at the stores you mentioned, and I'm happy to be corrected about the casual games market. However I think most of us can agree that the casual gamer tastes are pedestrian at best.

I was just looking at GC game prices and I noticed alot of $10 quality titles. Maybe it's time to buy a Wii :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']I don't agree with that, Mario, Star Fox and Zelda were all better on N64.[/QUOTE]

Those are only 3 games though, and Zelda is a bit of a push for me as Ocarina of time>>>Wind Waker but Twighlight Princess>>>>>Majora's Mask.

Beyond those series, the GC has more games I dug with stuff like Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil 1, 0, and 4, Rogue Leader (much better than Rogue Squadron) etc. etc.

While the N64 was really just Goldeneye, Blast Corps and some slightly above mediocre games like Conker and Banjo-Kazooie.

Not to mention most of the N64 games are so blurry/foggy that I can't stand to replay them today, while the GC games look great and should hold up well over time (basically like how I can't stand most NES games today, but SNES/Genesis still hold up well).

I think the N64 had many more great masterpieces while the GC has many... okay... games.

I can't stand ED as a game, good story through, the RE series are just remakes (of remakes, of remakes, of remakes, of remakes).

Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Star Fox all much better on the N64.

The N64 had masterpieces of games, like Goldemeye and Mario 64 which were / are used as a basic for FPS and 3D platformers.

The difference is that the GC had like 3 times as many games, so it has many good/great games, and many others that were at least playable. On the other hand the N64 had fewer games, but the good/great games were amazing.

I'm a huge fan of Crusis'n USA and World. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, there is Super Smash Bros, and in japan Animal Crossing that are great and turned into franchises. Mario Kart 64 is great while the GC one is ehh at best. Plus the third party games were okay a lot of the time too, Star Wars Racer, Shadowman, and The New Tetris.

I think all Nintendo systems have their high points. The n64's high points were first party games while with the GC it is not the well know huge franchises.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Not to mention most of the N64 games are so blurry/foggy that I can't stand to replay them today, while the GC games look great and should hold up well over time (basically like how I can't stand most NES games today, but SNES/Genesis still hold up well).[/QUOTE]

thats an interesting point.

i can still play nes games, but i hate it when the games try to overdue what's capable. some of the batman games were like that - way too much stuff on the screen when the nes is happier with brightly colored blocks and whatnot.

psx/n64 just really look bad - mostly for the same reason. too much stuff. how the hell did i ever play goldeneye? i feel like i need glasses after playing it for 5 minutes.

At least there were a handful of some good RPGs for the Cube, whereas the N64 had practically nothing. Skies of Arcadia, Tales of Symphonia, Fire Emblem, the Baten Kaitos series....Hell, the GC even got a few multi-platform RPGs like Mega Man X: Command Mission and Gladius. The Cube stomps the N64 in RPGs.

[quote name='camoor']So you're the guy who keeps buying those games :lol:[/quote]

Wait a minute now!

I only own Cruis'n USA and World, the ones after thta are terrible. :p

bread's done
Back