The gamefaqs-esque bickering needs to stop

lanzarlaluna

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I just finished reading through this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123533

And it bugged me enough to make a new thread.

I am sick and tired of every PS3-related thread turning into a "omg lol teh PS3 sux0rz" pissing contest lately. Is there any way we can drop the hammer on this? I come to this site because of the general respect everyone seems to have for each other. However, as of late, the PS3 threads seem to be laden with trolls and faboys. It drives me bananas. People are trying to make legitimate threads, but they all end up as posts of people trying to show why the PS3 sucks or why the PS3 rules or why Wii60 is so much better, etc. So much of this nonsense lately gives me a gamefaqs vibe, the only difference is that people here actually know how to spell.

Please make it stop.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']I just finished reading through this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123533

And it bugged me enough to make a new thread.

I am sick and tired of every PS3-related thread turning into a "omg lol teh PS3 sux0rz" pissing contest lately. Is there any way we can drop the hammer on this? I come to this site because of the general respect everyone seems to have for each other. However, as of late, the PS3 threads seem to be laden with trolls and faboys. It drives me bananas. People are trying to make legitimate threads, but they all end up as posts of people trying to show why the PS3 sucks or why the PS3 rules or why Wii60 is so much better, etc. So much of this nonsense lately gives me a gamefaqs vibe, the only difference is that people here actually know how to spell.

Please make it stop.[/QUOTE]
This gamefaqs-esque creation of new topics bitching about other topics needs to stop.

For the love of crap, if you see a post that's in violation of the TOS, click the damn
report.gif
report bad post button and be done with it.

Gebus H. Macy...

I know how you feel OP, but I just stopped reading/posting in those threads after about a week or 2 ago, when I realized that fanboys are just making shit up to support their respective opinions.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']This gamefaqs-esque creation of new topics bitching about other topics needs to stop.

For the love of crap, if you see a post that's in violation of the TOS, click the damn
report.gif
report bad post button and be done with it.

Gebus H. Macy...[/quote]

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

And while we're at it, ffs, stop with the "O RLY?" owl and all of its variations. That thing is deader than MC Hammer's career.

[quote name='Scorch']And while we're at it, ffs, stop with the "O RLY?" owl and all of its variations. That thing is deader than MC Hammer's career.[/QUOTE]

*pauses for dramatic effect*

O RLY?

;)

Or, you know, ps3 owners could be more confident in their decision to buy, what I believe to be, the worst console on the market.

[quote name='help1']Or, you know, ps3 owners could be more confident in their decision to buy, what I believe to be, the worst console on the market.[/quote]

It's been long established your opinion is about as useful as a scrotum on the back of your head.

Halo sucks.

Mario sucks.

Solid Snake sucks.

If yuo could have secks w/ N E doa gurl which 1 would it be?

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']Please make it stop.[/QUOTE]

It won't happen until the PS3 has a game (or several) that makes people drool and demand it. Right now there's nothing that strikes people as needing to have the PS3, save for Resistance, a game that looks great, but is just draconian in execution when compared with Gears of War.

Wait until March or so - by then, I hope, people will be exhausted of their phony outrage that the system is $600, realize that an equally capable console can be had for $500, and either shut up and buy one or shut up and not. While I can understand why people wouldn't want a PS3 at this point, what irks the shit out of me is when people act offended at what other people have bought. As if it's their right and duty to tell you you're a moron for buying a PS3.

I'd like to see what can be done with the customizability the PS3 offers with HDD and OS installation. Given what the PSP can do, it remains to be seen what fascinating stuff will make its way onto the PS3.

[quote name='mykevermin']It won't happen until the PS3 has a game (or several) that makes people drool and demand it. Right now there's nothing that strikes people as needing to have the PS3, save for Resistance, a game that looks great, but is just draconian in execution when compared with Gears of War.

Wait until March or so - by then, I hope, people will be exhausted of their phony outrage that the system is $600, realize that an equally capable console can be had for $500, and either shut up and buy one or shut up and not. While I can understand why people wouldn't want a PS3 at this point, what irks the shit out of me is when people act offended at what other people have bought. As if it's their right and duty to tell you you're a moron for buying a PS3.

I'd like to see what can be done with the customizability the PS3 offers with HDD and OS installation. Given what the PSP can do, it remains to be seen what fascinating stuff will make its way onto the PS3.[/QUOTE]

QFT.
Thank You.

[quote name='Kayden']It's been long established your opinion is about as useful as a scrotum on the back of your head.[/quote]

No shit.

bread's done
Back