2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn these 4/10 flips are all at 3 of my local stores. Idk if I should risk trade them in to a store and then buy them again from the same store.

Whenever I bought two of the same game back then, I was questioned and told that they can’t sell me two copies

Did playerunknown battleground tank for x1

Damn these 4/10 flips are all at 3 of my local stores. Idk if I should risk trade them in to a store and then buy them again from the same store.
Buy a couple sets of the same games at one store? It's very easy to say that you have friends or family that you are purchasing for and that you are on a tight budget.

Whenever I bought two of the same game back then, I was questioned and told that they can’t sell me two copies

Did playerunknown battleground tank for x1
When I was questioned, i told them there was a method to my madness, and that usually did the trick and they just thought I was weird, and sold to me to get me out of the store.

So has anyone had their PUR account get modified without their knowledge or consent? I had my PUR rewards set to stockpile and it seems like it automatically changed to issue rewards certs so my points have been getting used up, every month, issuing rewards certs that I was never notified about in any way (no app notification, no email) and then said reward certs have been expiring since they only seem to last 2 weeks. 

Oh and better yet, they can only be used in store and my closest two GSes have both shuttered. 

So has anyone had their PUR account get modified without their knowledge or consent? I had my PUR rewards set to stockpile and it seems like it automatically changed to issue rewards certs so my points have been getting used up, every month, issuing rewards certs that I was never notified about in any way (no app notification, no email) and then said reward certs have been expiring since they only seem to last 2 weeks.

Oh and better yet, they can only be used in store and my closest two GSes have both shuttered.
I've had this happen automatically in the past when Pro or Elite membership lapses. Had to manually change it back. I did at least get emails notifying me of the change. I get that they don't want people stockpiling points but it's super shady.

That happened to me when my membership lapsed

Yep, happened to me when my membership lapsed - that was the final nail in the coffin of Gamestop for me.

I've had this happen automatically in the past when Pro or Elite membership lapses. Had to manually change it back. I did at least get emails notifying me of the change. I get that they don't want people stockpiling points but it's super shady.
That happened to me when my membership lapsed
Yep, happened to me when my membership lapsed - that was the final nail in the coffin of Gamestop for me.
Son of a bitch, my membership expired in Nov 2018... seriously, fuck this place.

$35 is the best we're gonna get for AAA Switch games I feel like (it hasn't been hitting $40 for a long while), so I think I'm going to try to convert a bunch of my physical games into digital with the eShop sale right now.

$35 is the best we're gonna get for AAA Switch games I feel like (it hasn't been hitting $40 for a long while), so I think I'm going to try to convert a bunch of my physical games into digital with the eShop sale right now.
I'm sitting on some of these as well and deciding between trading now (no preorder) or waiting for the next SB and getting $42 with a preorder promo...

Does the monthly $5 off any one in-store item apply to gift cards (like Xbox or PSN cards)?  I'm guessing it doesn't, but there are no exclusions on the coupon.

Does the monthly $5 off any one in-store item apply to gift cards (like Xbox or PSN cards)? I'm guessing it doesn't, but there are no exclusions on the coupon.
I'm not sure about the monthly $5 certs specifically, but they made a change a few months ago where PUR certs can now be used on digital currency.

Sorry guys, I was just checking the trade-in values this morning, right when I posted it. Seems that they updated the values half-way through the day. I actually bought these games to trade-in later today. Wish I had saved the values.

I checked on the desktop version, around 11am CT for those who are curious.
I traded in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds and Sea of Thieves yesterday and the app had the old prices. They honored the app prices and changed it in the system for me. So it worked out in the end.

However, the prices in the app now show the new prices. So these flips are no longer good.

If they do a 50% bonus in July it'll get over $35.

I traded in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds and Sea of Thieves yesterday and the app had the old prices. They honored the app prices and changed it in the system for me. So it worked out in the end.

However, the prices in the app now show the new prices. So these flips are no longer good.
pubg still decent with elite pro if you wanna get a ton of games with your 4//10 to not look like an asshole just flipping.

If they do a 50% bonus in July it'll get over $35.
True, but that assumes the values won't be tanked. I mean, it's unlikely that the top tier Switch games will get that low, but for the other less popular Switch games I'm considering, I'm probably gonna get the best value now.

True, but that assumes the values won't be tanked. I mean, it's unlikely that the top tier Switch games will get that low, but for the other less popular Switch games I'm considering, I'm probably gonna get the best value now.
Yes, it makes sense to trade the low value games now, but I would hold onto first party. You can always sell those directly to people for more than trade value + bonuses pretty easily.

Had a bad feeling when I saw you all talking about your accounts converting to monthly point certs when they expired...checked my expired account and sure enough, they switched me over with no notification and all my point are gone, certs all expired. Anyone know how CS treats this if I call? That's ridiculous.

. Last time was the bump for April, so not that long ago.

Can you go to your local GameStop and swap for a complete condition?

I bought a few PS4 games (God of War, Spider-man, Tetris Effect) from their website and they all arrived in incomplete (disc only in GS genetic case) condition.

Thanks

I bought a few PS4 games (God of War, Spider-man, Tetris Effect) from their website and they all arrived in incomplete (disc only in GS genetic case) condition.
Thanks
Yes you can. If the employee is a jerk and doesn't let you. Have them process an exchange.

Can confirm Evolve / Homefront / Killzone trade worked today (6/11/19). Got $7.20 a piece trade credit with a Pro account & the $5 trade bonus promo. Paid about $2.40 for each with the 4 for $10 deal. Prob gonna try to do one more set tomorrow. Will update tomorrow if I do.
Traded in my spare Killzone today, 6/12/19, still got the $5 trade bump to $7.20. Didn’t have time to grab another set though but will prob try to fit it in tomorrow. Will update if I do...

Had a bad feeling when I saw you all talking about your accounts converting to monthly point certs when they expired...checked my expired account and sure enough, they switched me over with no notification and all my point are gone, certs all expired. Anyone know how CS treats this if I call? That's ridiculous.
I haven't had any luck with GS CS in ages... emails (when they still had email support) would take weeks to respond and calling resulted in needing to hold for at least a hour, even during off peak times. And the CS was awful, definitely outsourced to one of those centers where they would handle calls from multiple companies so they couldn't answer anything beyond whatever you can find out yourself.

It's worth trying if you had a significant amount of points. I lost about $25 in certs and have one expiring in 2 days. If you can use them on digital currency, then I guess I'll try to use it by then.

Anyone here ever snipe gamestop from a trade in? I did today while going in to flip shit, didn't feel too bad about it but kinda did as i go there a good amount. Dude came in with a couple old systems, gamecube n64 ps1 360 ps3 and I saw a couple retro things I wanted. Saw he wasnt gonna trade the ps3 cause he had no cords for it and they would give him like $1 after he had to purchase the cables to trade it in so I offered to buy it off him. left my number in his phone and called it as i pretended to not have any cash on me. As soon as I left the store I text the guy saying yo I want all that shit tell them this other game store offered you more $$ and ill give you a better deal. He agree to a deal for $300 and we meet up in the parking lot 20 mins later. I didnt even realize he had a switch and like 7 AAA titles and 4 ok ones as well lol. He said that he looked up the trade in values online last night and it was roughly $300 for everything. Thank god gamestop tanked trade in values for switch games recently. first time sniping from a gamestop and it was awesome! yolo.

Thought I'd also mention that
GS wants $10 shipping for the Cyberpunk 2077 CE preorder even with Elite. $250 CE and no free shipping. Lmao gg

Forgot to mention a couple of stores I went to still had signage for $10 clearance games and one of the other long dead clearance sales. Not sure if the manager is still honoring it on his own to clear space or they're really that far out of the loop.

I got irritated when an employee swore up and down that the plushes were still $2, but I got distracted and didn't notice the 8-bit Protoman rang up as $6.97 until I got home.

Thought I'd also mention that
GS wants $10 shipping for the Cyberpunk 2077 CE preorder even with Elite. $250 CE and no free shipping. Lmao gg
I think $10 for a CE is reasonable... try adding the Collection of Mana to your cart and check the shipping prices there. $8 shipping for a fucking Switch game.

Flipped two sets of Homefront/Killzone/Evolve yesterday & today, but I have all the same people working at all the same locations so I think I'm done. It was fun turning games from $2.25 into $7.20 so I can't complain too much. Haven't flipped in a while, but needed to pay off some pre-orders lol so I'm very thankful for y'all who gave the tip! I really do appreciate it! (I'm a poor grad student, with just a part time job haha)

Thanks
my store is cool about it. Even when I purchase redbox games they will let me get the case from the shelf

Traded in 12 (kz/evolve/hm) on Monday and 12 today. I have 6 stores to choose from on my commute to work. I'll probably trade whatever I can everyday until the promotions end.

This promotion and the buy a console($2) get 25% off preowned games(which comes out to 32.5% off w/ pro) have allowed me to build up my Switch library.

Thanks CAG. Flippageddon 2.5?

Does GS accept a PS3 with a no name brand controller? Do I need to give them the PS3 usb controller cable too?

Traded in 12 (kz/evolve/hm) on Monday and 12 today. I have 6 stores to choose from on my commute to work. I'll probably trade whatever I can everyday until the promotions end.

This promotion and the buy a console($2) get 25% off preowned games(which comes out to 32.5% off w/ pro) have allowed me to build up my Switch library.

Flippageddon 2.5? Lol no way.

You are aware you can only trade 4 copies of each title right?

Good luck with that next set, ban hammer coming your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back