2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK this is weird. I have a bunch of GBA games in my cart, and one DS game. My Elite Pro and CAG16 are applying to everything BUT the DS game. Wtf....
When I get to around 10 things in my cart, CAG16 gets wonky. I sometimes have to remove everything, and refill the cart. Once you cross that limit of 10, it starts really acting up and sometimes will mess up even more until the cart is completely cleared.

Just keep trying, it’ll eventually work.

Was going to ask in the discord
...remind me what's the cash limit trade in at gamestop to avoid a temp ban $1000 in 90 days?

Is there a limit for trade credit $2k in 90 days?

I know this has been asked a few times ans I should know it

Also I ordered 2 crystal red 2DS systems, and one of them arrived as the white / red one, lmao.
I ordered 2 Crystal Reds and one was red/black. I was afraid I'd have trouble exchanging, but luckily they put a sticker with the serial number that said Crystal Red on the bag so you could tell I wasn't trying to swap them out.

Any idea why I seemingly randomly get free edge shipping? I can’t figure out how to recreate it. BTW I don’t have any sort of special membership..
This is a good question as it does seem to be random. I had a $70 order a few days ago that got free Edge shipping.

In the past when I had an Elite membership I had similar or larger orders that got charged shipping. Didn't make any sense since free shipping was supposed to be one of the perks of Elite.

Wow, $2,000 in trade in credit?! I don't even think I have been able to amass $200 worth in credit within 90 days.
I would run up to this limit every month when TIVs and promos were really good, but I did a lot of 2nd hand buying. I'm sure the dudes that trade in a lot of 50 switch games and buy them back the next day, just to trade them back in a couple weeks later are nearing this as well.

It is also easy when you are flipping systems a couple times a month.

Wow, $2,000 in trade in credit?! I don't even think I have been able to amass $200 worth in credit within 90 days.
Their promotions (such as B2G1 and 50% trade-in boost) use to occur at the same time occasionally in the past, which made it very easy to approach the limit. Summer of 2017 (Flippageddon?) was the best weekend I have ever done, with needing two accounts to avoid the limit. They had a stealth bump in values, plus B2G1, plus a 70% boost I believe. I spent most of the weekend driving around to different Gamestops!

They really haven't had promotions overlap in the past year though, and I doubt we'll ever see something that good again. I've significantly cut down on my trade-in's this year.

I would run up to this limit every month when TIVs and promos were really good, but I did a lot of 2nd hand buying. I'm sure the dudes that trade in a lot of 50 switch games and buy them back the next day, just to trade them back in a couple weeks later are nearing this as well.

It is also easy when you are flipping systems a couple times a month.
I feel so attacked right now 😭

Their promotions (such as B2G1 and 50% trade-in boost) use to occur at the same time occasionally in the past, which made it very easy to approach the limit. Summer of 2017 (Flippageddon?) was the best weekend I have ever done, with needing two accounts to avoid the limit. They had a stealth bump in values, plus B2G1, plus a 70% boost I believe. I spent most of the weekend driving around to different Gamestops!

They really haven't had promotions overlap in the past year though, and I doubt we'll ever see something that good again. I've significantly cut down on my trade-in's this year.
And then the B2G1 also applied to used iPhones, so you were able to get current gen iPhones for like $400 each. Easiest thing in the world to flip for cash.

That seems dumb. I would definitely be out if that happened. Hell, when I lose my elite I'm probably going to do way less shopping there as it is.
Seems like I'm in the minority, but I would much rather have the $5 certificate. Especially with how it seems all the trade-in bonuses are for preorders/newly released games, makes a good match.

Is the b2g1 coupon for renewing still happening under the new model?
This is what the new membership will look like. Yes, you still get a B2G1 coupon.

jimj3s.jpg

I almost reached that when I dumped a bunch of retro stuff when 50% trade bonus applied like 2 years ago. I'm still sitting on a chunk of that credit, because a membership card only held up to $1k.

Before people ask, I only traded in stuff that was close-ish to the eBay value (within ~20% or less than ~$5 difference).

Its dumb because it removes the incentive to shop at the store more than 1 time a month. 10% kept people coming back and made them feel like they were saving money each time. Now you buy a game and have no discounts for the rest of the month.

Its dumb because it removes the incentive to shop at the store more than 1 time a month. 10% kept people coming back and made them feel like they were saving money each time. Now you buy a game and have no discounts for the rest of the month.

If the $5 works towards digital cards like the reward certificates currently are, I would probably end up buying $10 eshop every month and get 50% off a digital Switch game every six months. I'm actually fine with that, but it probably isn't what Gamestop would want and I'm sure doesn't fit what a lot of people on here want, either.

Seems like I'm in the minority, but I would much rather have the $5 certificate. Especially with how it seems all the trade-in bonuses are for preorders/newly released games, makes a good match.
The problem I foresee is that the $5 doesn't stack on deals. So it doesn't work with b2g1, 4 for $10, 4 for $20, 3 for $15. I doubt it will work with digital currency, but maybe it will. I usually get my games from GameStop during those buy something get something free sales. So I'm out I think

In the ToS it says something about the $5 not being eligible for use on 'certain posa cards' but I'm assuming that's the same on standard certs as well.

got my "free" elite controller. wasn't happy with it so i went into a store last night to exchange it for a different one. they rung me up as having returned it for 139.99 and then purchased another for the same price even though it was 0 on the packaging slips. Now do i go and return this one for cash getting 2 2ds for free??? hmmm such a hard choice.

got my "free" elite controller. wasn't happy with it so i went into a store last night to exchange it for a different one. they rung me up as having returned it for 139.99 and then purchased another for the same price even though it was 0 on the packaging slips. Now do i go and return this one for cash getting 2 2ds for free??? hmmm such a hard choice.
Dang, you may of lucked out. I would honestly try to return it for the money back.

The problem I foresee is that the $5 doesn't stack on deals. So it doesn't work with b2g1, 4 for $10, 4 for $20, 3 for $15. I doubt it will work with digital currency, but maybe it will. I usually get my games from GameStop during those buy something get something free sales. So I'm out I think
Yes. It’s a widely disliked idea. in the end, they are trying to preserve their bottom line because they are free falling. When the data comes back on how the beta markets did, we will find out if everyone will have these new rules. Hopefully it flops.

Found something interesting poking around the gamestop discord. They mentioned the Power Pass Pilot Program, not as in the one that was tried and failed miserably, but as in a current beta test being rolled out somewhere. If you forgot about it, this was their failed game rental program from about 2 years ago. I wonder if they're gonna try that one again.
I think I would have really enjoyed this program under its original, expected terms, so hopefully this pans out and is similar.

What happens if I return a preowned game from the b2g1 free promo? Do I get the full credit back?
I actually just returned 2 games, out of 4, that I bought in one online transaction during the b2g1. I tried to say I was ok with doing a return, then rebuying the 2 games I wanted, but they just refunded me the 2 games I wanted to return, didn't charge me for the free game (Which I wanted to keep). Was weird, but I tried to do it right. XD

But, YMMV. I'm pretty well known at the store I goto, they barely even need my card/phone number anymore. lol So that might be why they did it that way.

I actually just returned 2 games, out of 4, that I bought in one online transaction during the b2g1. I tried to say I was ok with doing a return, then rebuying the 2 games I wanted, but they just refunded me the 2 games I wanted to return, didn't charge me for the free game (Which I wanted to keep). Was weird, but I tried to do it right. XD

But, YMMV. I'm pretty well known at the store I goto, they barely even need my card/phone number anymore. lol So that might be why they did it that way.
I've experienced this same thing as well. Bought FE Path of Radiance, Duck Tales 2 and Jetson's Cogswells Caper which are all in about the $150 range each. Jetson's was about $5-10 less so it was the free game of the three. Delivery day comes and surprise, Duck Tales 2 is a fake and Path of Radiance comes in as disc only so I took all three to return. Not only did they just tell me to keep the Jetson's free game, but they gave me cash back on the other two even though I paid for the entire purchase with credit.

Lame, so my black Elite Controller that I bought that pre-owned has stick drift. I didn't notice it until I played some shooters and set the stick deadzone below 10% or so. Problem is, no local stores has one I can exchange for.

The white one I just got was disconnecting like crazy last night. I only bought it because my black one started doing that. Researching it online it could be a me problem but it seems like it's really a microsoft problem. Also noticed that when navigating menus if I snap the analog up or left, it moves back down or right when the stick goes back to neutral. Doesn't do it if I snap right or down. I haven't noticed it affecting actual gameplay, but it looks like this was traded in for a reason other than "don't need it anymore."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back