2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Gamestop usually do a B2G1 free for Labor Day weekend.
I actually went back and looked at the posts in this thread around Labor Day last year. It seems like there wasn't any specific sale on anything, to everyone's disappointment.

Why do I even bother pre-ordering? My copy of Metal Wolf Chaos XD finally came in and when I get there it's gutted.

Game Stop's website/app inventory system is not accurate at all.  Went to a few stores today that games several X360/NDS games that weren't showing up as in stock online.

Just noticed MK8 is trading in at $45.60 for elite. Believe it is time to trade it in and scoop it back with a B2G1

Just noticed MK8 is trading in at $45.60 for elite. Believe it is time to trade it in and scoop it back with a B2G1
Lmao wtf? Odyssey is trading for $42 too. Oh man I would kill for a b2g1 this weekend. Would be an excellent way to go out since my elite expires in a month.

smash was 40 base today. mario odyssey and mario u were 35 base and mk8 was 38base. sold both my mk8 for preorders and got 49.40 for each.

Why do they even do this? Its extra work, what's the point?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I got screwed over because they never got the copy I pre-ordered in the first place. I think they might have ordered it from the warehouse to fulfill my pre-order and then a store with an extra gutted copy probably sent it to them directly. It's happened before. Still a fucking pain in the ass because I actually want a sealed copy for my collection.

I wonder if this is another sign they are close to the Pro change. The new model seems to be fewer promos and more 'what you see is what you get' models. Can't remember the last time I saw a legit base value of 40 on a game like Smash.
I hope they leave the lucky few elite members alone to bask in the glory of $40 base TiVs :D

If they're telling you that, they're lying. GPG are for one year, especially since the sticker that prints up tells what date the warranty expires on. They used to offer 2 year warranties on used systems, but can't find anything on that anymore.
Found it mentioned on the subreddit, I thought I saw it here at one point too. With the revolving door of employees I feel bad for customers sold on this that will get screwed over trying to exchange after 2 years.
BhJLpaU.png

I wonder if this is another sign they are close to the Pro change. The new model seems to be fewer promos and more 'what you see is what you get' models. Can't remember the last time I saw a legit base value of 40 on a game like Smash.
Agree about the $40 base TIV. Those are much more tempting values...

With the new 20% extra promos, the wording is “20% extra towards Borderlands 3”, so how does this work now? Before we could put $5 down and get the 20% on the entire trade transaction.

Should've went to the pawnshop and picked up all the $15 dollar switch game's. Don't know when I'll be off work since the hurricane coming as me massively booked.

Agree about the $40 base TIV. Those are much more tempting values...

With the new 20% extra promos, the wording is “20% extra towards Borderlands 3”, so how does this work now? Before we could put $5 down and get the 20% on the entire trade transaction.
I once had a jerk employee try to force this upon me pre-ordering days gone (“all credit must go towards the game first”) After my polite, yet stubborn, persistence that he was making his own rules he relented instead of letting me walk away with my 12 switch trades.

I still haven’t returned to reclaim my $5, but still keep the receipt. (mall GS is really inconvenient)

This being a real change will just result in them holding $65 of my trade credit and then either a) cancelling my preorders or b) returning the game after purchase

IMO everyone is inconvenienced and loses in the above scenario

Honestly, I’m only concerned if they don’t screw over elite pro members. If my membership (2025) is taken from me then it won’t matter anyway, since i’ll spend the remainder of my credit on items that don’t get discounted (ie hopefully ps5) and then move on besides the occasional great deal on a new item...not buying/trading preowned games without the great elite/b2g1/cag16 discounts and trades.

I once had a jerk employee try to force this upon me pre-ordering days gone (“all credit must go towards the game first”) After my polite, yet stubborn, persistence that he was making his own rules he relented instead of letting me walk away with my 12 switch trades.

I still haven’t returned to reclaim my $5, but still keep the receipt. (mall GS is really inconvenient)

This being a real change will just result in them holding $65 of my trade credit and then either a) cancelling my preorders or b) returning the game after purchase

IMO everyone is inconvenienced and loses in the above scenario
Some district leaders have been trying to get their employees to enforce that rule. They started doing that in the past year in my district after a district meeting.

Just cancel your pre-order whenever you want to use your credit

I went ahead and locked down Smash, MK8, and Odyssey, even without a B2G1. Paid online and used store pickup so I could utilize cag16. If values hold today and I trade towards Borderlands 3, I should profit ~$40. Not bad for minimal effort.

I went ahead and locked down Smash, MK8, and Odyssey, even without a B2G1. Paid online and used store pickup so I could utilize cag16. If values hold today and I trade towards Borderlands 3, I should profit ~$40. Not bad for minimal effort.
Thanks, did the same. Forgot that cag16 works with store pickup now.

How hard is it to trade in the switch games toward a game like Link’s Awakening preorders for the extra credit and then turn around and cancel the preorder keeping the extra credits

Almost did this, then remembered I'm right at the trade limit for the month, so I gotta go big or forget about it. That's pretty sweet if values hold!

Almost did this, then remembered I'm right at the trade limit for the month, so I gotta go big or forget about it. That's pretty sweet if values hold!
set me straight on the extra credit towards a game on the preorder list because I've never done that. Do elite members get anything extra or is the extra % they advertise included in what we already get for having the elite card? I already have MK8 and Odyssey. I can pickup Smash for $40 with the online code.

set me straight on the extra credit towards a game on the preorder list because I've never done that. Do elite members get anything extra or is the extra % they advertise included in what we already get for having the elite card? I already have MK8 and Odyssey. I can pickup Smash for $40 with the online code.
You get the 20% bonus as well as your elite bonus. So if a game is trading in for $10, you get $2 for elite and $2 for the promo, so $14. THe promo applies to the base value, not the elite value.

How do you use cag16 now? I don't see anywhere to put in a promo code?

nevermind, I found it on the right hand side of the screen.

Let us know if they let you get the promo on the full value even though its worth more than the borderlands. It didn't used to be a problem, but maybe they caught on. I guess you could pre-order one premium edition for each system or something.

Let us know if they let you get the promo on the full value even though its worth more than the borderlands. It didn't used to be a problem, but maybe they caught on. I guess you could pre-order one premium edition for each system or something.
wondering the same

They have caught on to more and more things lately. The changing of the wording earlier makes it seem like even the pre order bonus stuff is in the crosshairs.
if it will work today then I'm prepared to go. Just waiting for confirmation.

I’ll post the results of my trip later today after I go. I should be ahead either way, just depends by how much.

Glad I am not the only one with my orders missing on the website. Can't even search for them with my email and order number.

Wait did I miss something? Why would it be a problem if your games traded for more than Borderlands full amount?
I guess someone was wondering if the extra boost we get for trading towards the game would count for everything we trade, or only enough boosted credit to just pay for the game? So can we trade in and leave with extra credit after the game we preorder is paid for?

Goes back I guess to what Omni said about this being in the crosshairs

Never placed an order and paid for pickup before. Are we supposed to receive a confirmation that the order is ready, like when you hold for pickup? It's been several hours. Order doesn't even show up under the new website.

Flip city is back! I was sitting on 12+ switch titles from last B2G1 sale, looks like I will be turning all that back to credit. Appears only some 1st party switch titles got the bump. I'm not seeing any good values on the other consoles games.

Never placed an order and paid for pickup before. Are we supposed to receive a confirmation that the order is ready, like when you hold for pickup? It's been several hours. Order doesn't even show up under the new website.
I did a hold as well as a store pickup this morning. The hold took about 30 minutes for the Ready to Pickup email, but my store pickup took 2-3 hours.

[attachment=32680:C603DBD5-7FD8-410C-82BC-00626ED8E9DF.jpeg]

In typical GS fashion, the verbiage is pretty vague. It says 20% towards the preorder, but doesn’t say how much credit has to be put down, if the whole bonus has to go towards the preorder, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back