2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the old coupon had an expiration of 7/31 is it possible that you had one of those coupons and it just expired?
Negative. I went in on 7/31 and the date for expiry was 7/31.
Same with the collectible one, but, it was still in active offers even though it had 7/31 expiry.

(I did not renew....I became an Elite in June)

Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 (switch only) is $19.99 pre-owned on the app. You can't find the pre-owned version on their website. The pre-owned for PS4 and XONE is $35.

There are no pre-owned switch versions near me to check. Maybe someone else can check and confirm it really is $19.99?

Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 (switch only) is $19.99 pre-owned on the app. You can't find the pre-owned version on their website. The pre-owned for PS4 and XONE is $35.

There are no pre-owned switch versions near me to check. Maybe someone else can check and confirm it really is $19.99?
Isn't 2 a download code in the US? Seems pretty unlikely you're gonna get a used copy with an unused code for X collection 2, probably why it's half off

Isn't 2 a download code in the US? Seems pretty unlikely you're gonna get a used copy with an unused code for X collection 2, probably why it's half off
Bingo. Resident Evil Revelations was the same way in terms of price. I assume Mega Man Legacy Collection is the same thing.

Does anyone know what is up with the Final Fight Arcade 1Up? I am considering pre-ordering one of these, but I can't seem to find the Final Fight one for pre-order on Gamestop's site.

You don't get the coupon the same day you renew though. You get it about 48 hours later. So if you had one then it was probably an old one.
That's pretty odd though because I had nothing in my "active offers" then I used the 30,000 points to renew and then that's when I noticed a B2G1.

I actually tried to get my $5 back for a year old preorder once and the clerk told me it was "locked" and he couldn't do it. Not sure if he was lying or not, but I didn't want to press it, as I had used that preorder for a trade boost. So maybe if you trade in toward a preorder for a boost, they keep it on hold until you actually pay off the game?
Like the other poster said, they are supposed to give it back. But if it’s an issue, you can always pay off the preorder and return the game unopened next time you go in.

Lmao I just realized today is August 1st. I was going back and forth and didn't pull the trigger. Oh well, probably better this way. Not sure it was something I *needed*

Does anyone know what is up with the Final Fight Arcade 1Up? I am considering pre-ordering one of these, but I can't seem to find the Final Fight one for pre-order on Gamestop's site.
Final fight one isn't coming out until next spring.

I saw one poster when the 1up Arcade's first showed up say that he actually contacted 1UpArcade about Final Fight and that he was told they were not doing preorders for that one

Final fight one isn't coming out until next spring.
Excellent makes my decision to get it easy now that I can save money until then. The Street Fighter 2 one is tempting, but I have those games on so many different platforms already that I don't think I need to spend $300 to be able to play it on yet another device.

It will stay on whatever you have pre-ordered until you actively go into the store and cancel or transfer the money to another pre-order. It will also sit in an account owned by Gamestop collecting interest, which is a big reason Gamestop loves putting pre-orders for games up as early as possible to maximize that interest. You'd also be surprised at how many people never pick up games that they have pre-ordered and the credit just sits forever.

When I worked for Gamestop I used to see games that had been out for several years still have pre-orders. I'd try to call the customers at my store to let them know they could use the credit towards a new pre-order, but they rarely answered or seemed to care about it, so much time had passed and they typically only had $5 on these games.
Wow, that's good to know. Thanks for the info.

I saw one poster when the 1up Arcade's first showed up say that he actually contacted 1UpArcade about Final Fight and that he was told they were not doing preorders for that one
Of course, that would be my luck with the one I am most interested in. Any confirmation on the Spring release or are they actually coming out next month with the rest of these? I've noticed a Space Invader one in advertisements too and haven't seen any pre-orders for it either.

Wow, that's good to know. Thanks for the info.
No problem! Unfortunately, Gamestop's absurd expectations of their employees can cause some shady and dishonest behavior at some stores.

Arcade1Up stated that there's a delay in the Final Fight cabinet.......that's why its not on any of the sites for preorder. I'm waiting on that one myself

Of course, that would be my luck with the one I am most interested in. Any confirmation on the Spring release or are they actually coming out next month with the rest of these? I've noticed a Space Invader one in advertisements too and haven't seen any pre-orders for it either.

No problem! Unfortunately, Gamestop's absurd expectations of their employees can cause some shady and dishonest behavior at some stores.
I really wouldn't worry too much about these being unattainable

I really wouldn't worry too much about these being unattainable
I dunno. I am having a hard time finding a Gamestop store near me that has a box of the Mega Man cereal that I need because I will buy anything with Mega Man on it like a sucker.

Wondering if anyone has used a b2g1 with elite today. I just wanted to make sure there isn't anything funky before I drive twenty minutes to gs.

I'm also wondering about no hassles getting 70% (with Elite) in Cali...will report back when I go to do a few trades (either tomorrow or Friday). 

I'm also wondering about no hassles getting 70% (with Elite) in Cali...will report back when I go to do a few trades (either tomorrow or Friday).
I got zero hassle in a "cash same as credit" ineligible store in getting the 70%. It is in their POS system so there shouldn't be any problems.

Anyone know why my activity when I renewed my Elite membership shows this? I certainly didn't buy anything in my transaction, other than the membership.

QnqAlNj.jpg

It’s done that to me before a handful of times not just elite pro too I think. Some mixup with how game informer is displayed, but not a scam to send all GI money to Capcom like when all Chris Jericho action figures rang up as Hulk Hogan so he’d steal all royalties.

I dunno. I am having a hard time finding a Gamestop store near me that has a box of the Mega Man cereal that I need because I will buy anything with Mega Man on it like a sucker.
Thanks for the reminder, picked it up at the store by work when I got off

and that is why a lot of people hate going there
This is true. I unfortunately just had a manager transfer from another store to the one I typically go to and that manager is one of these people. Dude sucks, I am about to go into that store and cancel all my pre-orders on the guy and move them to the store down the road just so I don't have to deal with that guy.

This is true. I unfortunately just had a manager transfer from another store to the one I typically go to and that manager is one of these people. Dude sucks, I am about to go into that store and cancel all my pre-orders on the guy and move them to the store down the road just so I don't have to deal with that guy.
Dont forget those awesome surveys at bottom of the receipt as they do get that feedback

Dont forget those awesome surveys at bottom of the receipt as they do get that feedback
So I found a bunch of old receipts dating back to last Oct when I first joined elite. I would always tell myself that I'd fill one out, but it usually slipped my mind whenever I got home. Just wondering if I could still use those receipts and do a survey to help out my stores?

I've filled them out before on that guy. Being a former employee and having worked in the same district though they may not take my survey's seriously because the DM did not like me very much when I worked for the company.

Anyone recall if we ever had back-to-back SB weekends?  Or have they always been 3 or 4 weeks apart?  Just wondering out loud about the probability of having another one before the current "cash same as credit" promo ends on the 12th...

Anyone recall if we ever had back-to-back SB weekends? Or have they always been 3 or 4 weeks apart? Just wondering out loud about the probability of having another one before the current "cash same as credit" promo ends on the 12th...
doubtful.

I've seen a lot of people discussing stores charging a refurbished fee or agreeing with that policy. Is this something that gamestop plans to roll out or is this just a store by store basis? A buddy of mine has had this incident occur to him twice and other local stores suggested calling the dm and complaining about them. Another associate even called it a dick move on that store, which I agree with.

So I found a bunch of old receipts dating back to last Oct when I first joined elite. I would always tell myself that I'd fill one out, but it usually slipped my mind whenever I got home. Just wondering if I could still use those receipts and do a survey to help out my stores?
I believe you only have a number of days to fill out a survey. I would assume there are details about it on the receipt or on the feedback site.

I've filled out surveys months later...don't know if it gets reviewed or not by GS corporate when you do it that late though. But the online review site will allow you to complete the survey basically no matter how old the receipt is.  You have 3 days if you want to be entered for the giftcard drawing, which I never won, which is why I stopped "rushing" to fill out the surveys within 3 days of purchase. 

I've filled out surveys months later...don't know if it gets reviewed or not by GS corporate when you do it that late though. But the online review site will allow you to complete the survey basically no matter how old the receipt is. You have 3 days if you want to be entered for the giftcard drawing, which I never won, which is why I stopped "rushing" to fill out the surveys within 3 days of purchase.
That makes more sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Refurb fees are such a scam (usually), and are easy to get around if you have a few gamestops in your area.
Dude wanted to refurb some wiimotes the orher day because there were some scratches on the top. These were normal “shiny plastic scratches easy” type scratches, not actual gouges. I love when the stuff hanging in their bags for sale is miles worse than what I’m trading, and they try to refurb it. Said I’d hold onto them and took them to the store 5 minutes up the road. The lady there took them no problem, of course.

I can understand refurb fees if shit is literal shit, but they seem to do it because they dont want to have to put the stuff away. (refurbed items are automatically sent out iirc).

I can understand refurb fees if shit is literal shit, but they seem to do it because they dont want to have to put the stuff away. (refurbed items are automatically sent out iirc).
I don’t follow. Wouldn’t shipping it be way more work than stuffing it in a drawer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back