2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
3x points offer, for anyone interested.

HcjAaLh.jpg

It’s 3x points for the amount you donate, not your total. Buy $100 worth of stuff and donate $1 will only get you 3 extra points.

Nothing worth buying in the retro sale. All the high end stuff is out of stock except the things they are literally selling for double market value like mario party 3

also funny how battletoads/double dragon says in stock on the site and you can buy it now but my order for one from labor day still says "waiting product availability" 

I hope a kid wishes for Gamestop to stop gutting games and throwing away cases.
As a longtime gs employee I'm surprised how many people complain that their stores throw cases away.
I've never done that and I'm pretty sure no stores in my district do either.

I think my account might be blocked from online purchases now. I cannot login. I've tried multiple browsers, cleared my cookies, tried on my phone (not on the app). I had another account that isn't a PUR member and had no issues logging into it. Guess I will have to wait on hold with customer service to see what is going on.

As a longtime gs employee I'm surprised how many people complain that their stores throw cases away.
Not even ds games? Pretty sure I’ve never seen a ds game in a case at any GameStop ever...

As far as retro stuff goes, it’s 100% gamestops policy to throw away manual and cases, at least for ps1 and ps2 games. In the past few years I’ve probably purchased 100+ ps1 and ps2 games from GameStop.com and not ONCE got a manual or ps1 case. Sometimes ps2 games will come with the original art in a replacement case. I assume they throw away manuals to save weight and shipping cost.

My local store tries to save higher dollar value cases/manuals when they get them in, but for the most part Gamestop tosses the cases for DS games. I honestly think the majority that are traded in are loose already though unfortunately. I am guilty of trading loose games in myself and keeping the cases when I know I will repurchase once I can get it cheap and would hate to buy a loose copy myself and not have a case. That being said I can't be upset since I am occasionally part of the problem.....

If GameStop cared about cases/manuals, they would provide an incentive to trading them in. Last time I traded in Mario Odyssey the employee was like "Waaa where's the case? What happened to the case?"

I showed the picture to the guy at my local store and he said he didn't know anything about a $10 reward for Borderlands.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint (PS4, XB1) has a $10 reward cash.

PowerUp Rewards Pro members are eligible for $10 Rewards Cash and Player members are eligible for $5 Rewards cash when a physical copy of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint is pre-ordered and purchased by 10.6.19. Coupon will be delivered to member’s Active Offers within 7 business days of the purchase. Rewards Cash valid through 10.23.19.

As far as retro stuff goes, it’s 100% gamestops policy to throw away manual and cases, at least for ps1 and ps2 games. In the past few years I’ve probably purchased 100+ ps1 and ps2 games from GameStop.com and not ONCE got a manual or ps1 case. Sometimes ps2 games will come with the original art in a replacement case. I assume they throw away manuals to save weight and shipping cost.
That's not true. I've received plenty of PS2 and PS1 games with the case.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if they tossed the manuals for the PS2 games as they put the disc where the manual should be. I find it hard to believe that that many people would have traded in the case but kept the manual or lost the manual.

If anyone finds anything actually worth it, shout it out
General Chaos for the Genesis is a fun game that's priced well. As a kid, I also liked the Jurassic Park game on the Genesis which is dirt cheap. Mutant League Football, Kid Chameleon, and several other licensed games that won't appear on a Genesis Mini...There are plenty of decent games to find when you aren't looking for the top 10 go-to games on a system.

Damn wish I was in your district. I actually have traded in games with the cover art and hookers and the guy threw them out right in front of me. I asked him if he didn't need that and he said no they replace them with generic GameStop covers.

the walking dead final season is 19.99 across all consoles switch included xbox copies seem slim in my area..i wonder if it can be had for cheaper on black friday

atari flashbacks is 19.97 and assassins creed 3 remastered is 18.99 preowned on switch if you can find them 

might spend some credit soon.

And yeah his videos have become clickbait now. He put out there it was a bombshell/phase 3 thing earlier as well as an article and it didn't confirm anything other than the restructure.
The clickbait and the inconsistencies are why I don't trust him. I'll totally eat shit and admit he was right and apologize for flooding this thread if they do close 2,500 stores by next year, but the heresay and leaving out/de-emphasizing certain details (they didn't fire his friend for giving him info, they fired her for opening the store late) is too much for me. I got triggered the other day when I saw someone on Twitter reply to a deal post, "I heard they're closing half of their stores in the next year" and realized people eat this up.

Really though if someone could link me to where he predicts the 60 layoffs "weeks before Kotaku", I'll eat shit and apologize. I think it was on the GameStop subreddit and posted here by me 24-48 hours before Kotaku picked it up.

General Chaos for the Genesis is a fun game that's priced well. As a kid, I also liked the Jurassic Park game on the Genesis which is dirt cheap. Mutant League Football, Kid Chameleon, and several other licensed games that won't appear on a Genesis Mini...There are plenty of decent games to find when you aren't looking for the top 10 go-to games on a system.
General Chaos, A Haunting Starring Polterguy, the Mutant League series, Desert/Jungle Strike, Road Rash...EA was responsible for a Murderer's Row of games on Genesis. Kinda bummed more didn't make it to the Mini, but I can't blame Sega.

I notice Pokken Tournament (Wii U) dropped to $14.99 on the 7th, so it now qualifies for the 3 for $25 in case anyone is interested.

Has anyone else notice any other similar price drops?

I've had such bad luck the few times I have ordered any retro games from the site. Got some Dreamcast games awhile back and not a single one was a complete copy.
I thought ALL of their retro games were disc/cartridge only? Thinking you're going to get anything retro complete from Gamestop is pretty naive.

General Chaos, A Haunting Starring Polterguy, the Mutant League series, Desert/Jungle Strike, Road Rash...EA was responsible for a Murderer's Row of games on Genesis. Kinda bummed more didn't make it to the Mini, but I can't blame Sega.
EA owned on the Genesis. I don't think they made a game that I didn't love back then.

EA owned on the Genesis. I don't think they made a game that I didn't love back then.
Ah, EA ... that company may still be making money but it's not the game maker it used to be even last generation. Hope they find reason to go back to putting out new titles and sequels to their amazing catalog of franchises.

I need gamestop customer service number. Everytime I call I'm on hold for an hour and never connect to a live person. Can anyone help?

I need gamestop customer service number. Everytime I call I'm on hold for an hour and never connect to a live person. Can anyone help?
You need to wait longer.

No, I'm not kidding. There isn't some magic number that we all have. Whenever I call either CS number, I'm on hold for 2-3 hours minimum, no matter which day or time I call.

I'd suggest going to a store. They have a dedicated line that is faster
The clerk at my local store said she was on the phone with the "dedicated line" for over an hour when I came in. She processed my transaction while holding the phone to her ear.

So missed the retro flashsale.... Was looking at picking up 2 wavebirds and maybe a game.

Tempted to order them online, return to store and rebuy with my b2g1.

nvm, runs through 9/15.

Curious if I can use $10 off online coupon with the B2G1 retro sale?

Planning on 2 wavebirds, at $40 each and another item at $50. $10 coupon will lower to $40, I assume?

So each will be $40, total $80+ tax?

Curious if I can use $10 off online coupon with the B2G1 retro sale?

Planning on 2 wavebirds, at $40 each and another item at $50. $10 coupon will lower to $40, I assume?

So each will be $40, total $80+ tax?
edit: nvm, i guess i was wrong. its only a waste of a coupon if the items are all the same price.

The coupon will end up applying to the cheapest item, which will then be the item you get for free. So it's almost always a waste to use coupons on a B2G1. IIRC.

Anyone know if we can still use credit for Xbox Live subscriptions and/or Xbox currency? I'm pretty sure we can't use trade-in credit for Amazon gift cards anymore (correct me if I'm wrong please, because Amazon would be ideal).
Store credit can only be used on pure gaming cards (XBox, etc.) Reward certificates (from spending reward points) can still be currently used on Amazon GC but YMMV how long that lasts or if a JD will try to stop you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back