2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
But seriously, has anyone run into the issue of all transactions getting denied? It's like I've been blacklisted. I even waited 1+ hour on customer service only to get hung up on.
I had issues for a couple of weeks after placing 6 orders in a weekend (3 of them taking advantage of the B2G1 Elite Controller glitch). I never spoke to customer service about it because I didn't want to draw attention to my shady dealings, but it eventually went away. It would always say there was an issue with my billing address, even if paying with a gift card.

https://gamestop.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/OLFSI_092919

Fortunately for me (since GameStop hates money and doesn't want any from me), there's nothing particularly notable in terms of deals.

But seriously, has anyone run into the issue of all transactions getting denied? It's like I've been blacklisted. I even waited 1+ hour on customer service only to get hung up on.
Customer service could not help me gave me 5k in points as a apology. Said it isn't just me he has the same problem when helping others.

Ive been trade banned. Must have been last month when I traded a bunch of games and consoles from doing my yard sale rounds. Can someone else trade in using my account? Im guessing the ban is tied to my ID or am I wrong.

what is this 48 hr trade in im hearing about....u buy the game and return it within 48 hrs and get your money back? or is there something more your getting from the 48 hr trade? i mean if your just getting your money back it doesnt make sense so there must be something im missing

what is this 48 hr trade in im hearing about....u buy the game and return it within 48 hrs and get your money back? or is there something more your getting from the 48 hr trade? i mean if your just getting your money back it doesnt make sense so there must be something im missing
For purchasing certain select games at GameStop, you will get back the full retail value ($59.99) in store-credit within 48hrs of its release date. (Often the original GS purchase receipt w/ promo code is required)

so why do people buy the game and return it within 48 hrs just to get back the money there spent on it?
Oops, I forgot to stress that you can also OPEN THE GAME AND PLAY IT.

For many legitimate and nefarious reasons, but who doesn't enjoy primarily a free 2-day game rental on the latest release.

so why do people buy the game and return it within 48 hrs just to get back the money there spent on it?
With one game I did it just to get one of my preorders out of the system. Under the current "Prestige Store" system, stores are more crazy than ever about you just cancelling a pre-order straight up. If you do a lot of business at gamestop, it's better to purchase a pre-order rather than to just cancel. This promo offers a good compromise because you can roll over an unwanted preorder to a game under this promo (which is also often tied to the xtra 20% trade bonus). You get your cash out of the pre-order hold, you give the store a sale and you give the store a trade in when you take the game back 2 days later (also that's 2 xtra surveys for the store). You lose the tax, which is $6 in Cali, but that's about the same as 2-3 days of Redbox rental fees so it's not the end of the world.

With Code Vein, there is also a $10 reward cert that is supposed to be emailed to those that picked up the game. So basically with that and the $59.99 return you rent the game for 2 days AND come out about $4 ahead (even after tax).

I actually let the store keep the poster...no way I was going to get away with hanging that one up lol. 

Also, all of the bonus 20% are for games already released.  I wonder if this is a new trend or coincidence. 

I actually let the store keep the poster...no way I was going to get away with hanging that one up lol.

Also, all of the bonus 20% are for games already released. I wonder if this is a new trend or coincidence.
Ghost Recon hasn't been released.

Ghost Recon hasn't been released.
Ok, nice catch, thanks for the heads up. That game also comes with a $10 PUR credit for pre-odering and pickup. I thought I remember reading in this thread (or somewhere) that this game goes for the "guaranteed to love it" promo as well but I can't quite remember.

Edit: Just searched and so far it seems no announcement for GR on the guaranteed happiness promo...I don't get the emails so maybe someone who does can confirm sometime soon.

I lost my receipt for code vein. Does anyone have the code that prints out on receipt to get full refund thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Probably best if you get rid of God of War by tomorrow, as it drops to $19.99 on October 4th, as it will become one of the Playstation Hits games.

TIV is $18.00 with elite right now.

Is anyone able to find the TIV for Man of Medan PS4 on the app or the website? Every time I search it says "0 results".

Ok good to know...I want to go to a different store but at the same time I don't feel like dealing with employees at Store #2 acting hurt that I didn't preorder the game at their store. I do detest how GS employees often take this stuff so personally.

traded in 2 games today, and noticed i got a bit less than what i had checked, i was in a rush and it was 2.50 less so i didnt care much...i picked up dragon quest xi switch 

but my receipt says my pro membership is expired...however i just checked online and it says i have pro until 2020...the clerk didnt try to sell me a pro membership either which i would have instantly purchased so i find it a bit weird 

this happen to anyone else? will i be able to buy a pro membership if online it says im good til 2020?

traded in 2 games today, and noticed i got a bit less than what i had checked, i was in a rush and it was 2.50 less so i didnt care much...i picked up dragon quest xi switch

but my receipt says my pro membership is expired...however i just checked online and it says i have pro until 2020...the clerk didnt try to sell me a pro membership either which i would have instantly purchased so i find it a bit weird

this happen to anyone else? will i be able to buy a pro membership if online it says im good til 2020?
Is the account correct? Maybe they entered the phone number wrong?

So does $10 off coupon apply before free shipping? Want to buy $50 worth, use coupon to bring to $40 with free shipping.

Does anyone know the current trade value of Link's Awakening Switch? Debating if I should trade my spare copy in now or wait it out.

not sure what the deal is, many new games TIV arent showing on the website or app. borderlands 3, link's awakening, etc. maybe getting lazy in updating the databases online?

not sure what the deal is, many new games TIV arent showing on the website or app. borderlands 3, link's awakening, etc. maybe getting lazy in updating the databases online?
It's likely tied to whether the games have a preowned price active on their listing. Those games don't have a $54.99 used price, but Daemon x Machina does and it has a TIV.

Went into gamestop yesterday to do 48hr return on a game. Dude says he cant take it cause im trade banned ... gotta love gamestop.

Is Katamari Damacy REROLL a decent pickup just to keep as a potential resale down the road? I have a “new” copy on hold at a local store but I bet it’s the gutted shelf copy do it won’t be truly sealed for a collector or if it becomes super rare down the line.

It's a great game just to have. Wish they made another Katamari game for current gen consoles (not a rerelease) but doubt many people would play it like the other games.

Went into gamestop yesterday to do 48hr return on a game. Dude says he cant take it cause im trade banned ... gotta love gamestop.
They do it because of local pawn laws. That's how I found out I got a 90 day ban from the August-September madness. I tried to trade Link's Awakening

That's an interesting glitch. The guarantee stands apart from trade ins though, so they should have found a way to take it in. But probably no one there is authorized to take it back in the manner it should have been.
apparently the guarantee is a trade in

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back