2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see ps4 controllers are up to 20 bucks tiv I always get a new controller this time of year...

Does the limit apply to controllers? Like if I wanna dump 3 of em am I gonna get banned? Sorry I'm not nearly as savvy as yall I just trade a few times a year.

Only deal they have right now is giving $175(500GB) or $250(1TB) for PS4s towards the purchase of a Xbox One X. Although that ends tomorrow. There is no PS4 Pro deal right now.
Hmm is it worth waiting for Sunday? I'm worried the TIV might drop, it's $140 right now. I'm trading in a regular PS4 towards the Death Stranding Pro. Any suggestions?

1. Trade tomorrow and don't risk it

2. Wait till Sunday and see if there's a deal

When do we usually find out next week's deals?

How often do we see extra trade in values towards ps4 pros?

What is the chance that tomorrow: 

A: we see an extra TIV promo if you trade towards a PS4 Pro?

B: the regular PS4's TIV decreases?

Should I just trade my PS4 in today? I get $140. 

I am waiting until tomorrow to trade mine in if you do not plan to use it today I would just trade it. There wasn’t a promo for the cod PS4 doubt there will be one for the DS one since there is one for standard DS game that the system counts for.

I am waiting until tomorrow to trade mine in if you do not plan to use it today I would just trade it. There wasn’t a promo for the cod PS4 doubt there will be one for the DS one since there is one for standard DS game that the system counts for.
Why are you waiting until tomorrow? Are you also getting the DS Pro?

Right now they'll give you extra if you trade in for the Xbox X... anyone know when that deal started?

I really hope the TIV doesn't drop tomorrow D:

Edit: Oh, I see the X1X deal ends today, so maybe there's hope?

Anyone know that, hypothetically, if they did have an extra TIV for a Pro, will they give me extra for a console that's not out yet if I pre-order it? Or would I have to wait until Friday to trade in my PS4 for the DS Pro to get the extra TIV?

Anyone know that, hypothetically, if they did have an extra TIV for a Pro, will they give me extra for a console that's not out yet if I pre-order it? Or would I have to wait until Friday to trade in my PS4 for the DS Pro to get the extra TIV?
Typically for these type of promo when trading in an old console towards a new console, you will need to purchase the new console right there and now at the time of transaction. So if there will be a trade bonus for your old PS4 Pro towards a new console, you will have to wait until the release date if you want the Death Stranding Pro.

Right now they'll give you extra if you trade in for the Xbox X... anyone know when that deal started?

Trade values fluctuate. Trading anything in is a gamble, and sometimes a better promo comes up. Conversely values may go down. However, if you are fine with getting whatever the current posted trade in value, then trade it in. If not, then wait.

Generally speaking I would advise against trading in a console if they dont have any promos going on. The X1X trade promo isn't bad, but you want a PS4 Pro, so obviously that does you no good. So waiting won't really hurt you.

Typically for these type of promo when trading in an old console towards a new console, you will need to purchase the new console right there and now at the time of transaction. So if there will be a trade bonus for your old PS4 Pro towards a new console, you will have to wait until the release date if you want the Death Stranding Pro.
Oh wow, than I definitely can't wait then. I want to get it on Thursday @ 9 PM and not going to trade in a PS4 while there's a bunch of people there wanting to pick the game up. Hopefully the TIV stays the same tomorrow because I can't go anymore today :/

Oh wow, than I definitely can't wait then. I want to get it on Thursday @ 9 PM and not going to trade in a PS4 while there's a bunch of people there wanting to pick the game up. Hopefully the TIV stays the same tomorrow because I can't go anymore today :/
The won't let you do a trade in then anyway.

Anyone’s GameStop confirm an early release for Death Stranding on Thursday?
Yup, I asked them when I was there and they said yes, 9 PM on Thursday.

So I went ahead and traded my PS4 in. The first gamestop took 20 minutes to check it, finally the girl says she can't give me full trade in value because it was MINOR scratches on the glossy part of the top of the PS4. I was irritated. Bunch of crooks. I guarantee they're selling PS4s much worse than that for $230. Mine is in extremely good condition for how old it is. Everyone knows that glossy part scratches if a fly lands on it

She said they would have to use a black decal on it so cover it up, which costs $10. I left, went to another gamestop and got the full $140.

The bad thing is they aren't taking pre-orders on the DS Pro anymore, so I'll have to buy it online. So the entire extra TIV thing wouldn't have been worth waiting for anyways.

Question, can you use gamestop trade in credit on other gift cards? Or did they stop that?

PS: Do they sell best buy gift cards?

Question, can you use gamestop trade in credit on other gift cards? Or did they stop that?

PS: Do they sell best buy gift cards?
They more or less stopped that. You can used it on PSN/Xbox/eShop credit. I think some other gift cards still work but definitely don't sell Best buy gift cards. Best option is to buy games and trade them in to move the credit but that takes time figuring out which to buy/trade and then the trade in process.

Anyone know that, hypothetically, if they did have an extra TIV for a Pro, will they give me extra for a console that's not out yet if I pre-order it? Or would I have to wait until Friday to trade in my PS4 for the DS Pro to get the extra TI
Because I play Destiny 2 and Saturday is raid night for my clan. I doubt I will play it again as I will be in Germany until atleast Thursday and I plan to do a midnight pick up of the DS console

They more or less stopped that. You can used it on PSN/Xbox/eShop credit. I think some other gift cards still work but definitely don't sell Best buy gift cards. Best option is to buy games and trade them in to move the credit but that takes time figuring out which to buy/trade and then the trade in process.
Is it their system or them that don't allow it? I want to get rid of this $140 trade in card for an amazon one.

Hmmm.... methinks I see some potential in the sale.... mmmmyessss... Hehehehehe. I can do this, and then that. Yes, yes, that's good. Going to be a great week. Oh, there's some flips for sure. I'm going to get mucho cred. I hope everyone here is proud of me. I just want to be loved and looked up to. I'm so lonely. Why don't people like me?
You need to have more self confidence and stop caring what other people think. We are all here to get make money and or save money. Can't let the trolls get you down. My coupon came one expires on the 23rd wonder why others have one ending the 22nd I bought mine around noon launch. If you want to keep it secret from the veterans make a spreadsheet and add a tab with potentional future flips the veterans either don't have good reading comprehension or do not click links to other sites. It is possible they don't even know what a hyperlink is. I find it hillarous when people say I am keeping it a secret when it is right there.

Sorry given your dispesion you probably find it more sad then funny. Mental health is a serious issue if you need help get it

Anyone know if the 10.00 rewards cash coupon can be used on collectibles? It doesn’t mention restrictions on what you buy in the fine print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back