2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the response. Now it's telling me my password is wrong, and when I go to change it, it won't take it because it's the same as the old one, which it also wouldn't take to begin with.
I had an account somewhere that would refuse my password, every time I needed to log in, I had to use the reset password option to change it, and the new password would work right that day. And then a week or month later, whenever I’d next log in, the new password wouldn’t let me in. And I’d have to change it again.

I never figured out what was up with that.

I updated the sheets to account for the $5 bonus. Left the 20% preorder bonus column for comparison in case anyone wants to debate trading in before pro day. Still haven't input pro prices, but reduce profit by 20%?

Someone remind if there is a 10% off preowned games sale during pro day? I recall that being a thing before.

I don't think they've changed the values since the 1st so I haven't updated the values since then. I think values have a good chance of changing for pro day so I'll update it on Friday morning.

My sheets won't be able to pick up pro day prices so don't bother looking at it for that info.

If you make some decent profit do consider sending a tip my way. Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/135GasN3rVncRGqxuiet5-10BNhKGnEsHZE0hGNdNnvs/edit#gid=789385920

Wouldn’t the extra 20% (30% with pro) still work towards those games and then +$5 be tacked on after?

I recently found a cache of PS4 games for $1 apiece at a flea market. They're low-value, but should at least pass the $2 minimum unless values are nuked. Looking forward to cashing 'em in!

Fingers crossed that the +$5 will apply to 3DS games as well, finally giving up the system and games and wish I unloaded more in March :( 

Im trying to use my trade credit online to pickup dotd and it says "The transaction was declined and your basket has been deleted. Please use a different payment method or contact Customer Service gamestop" when I check the balance it has money in the card :/ 

Yeah. After 2 weeks of calling, they finally told me to create a new account and they’d transfer all my points plus enough points to get a Pro membership. I’d call and just ask they do that instead of waiting.
L O L holy shit. What a fucking joke. Thanks for the response, this has been driving me nuts.

Credit to Mike Hart on Twitter.

[attachment=33104:EIulbHZWkAYAT1L.jpeg][attachment=33105:EIulbHZW4AAEO4r.jpeg][attachment=33106:EIulbHaXkAMNvk_.jpeg][attachment=33107:EIulbIPX0AAEgjj.jpeg]

Im trying to use my trade credit online to pickup dotd and it says "The transaction was declined and your basket has been deleted. Please use a different payment method or contact Customer Service gamestop" when I check the balance it has money in the card :/
I tried with 3 different trade cards that all have money and it said the same thing each time. I used my credit card and it went worked, anyone else encounter this?

Hmm that $30 Control new? Hope the used copy is on sale, that’s BF prices for it at least

Will get Wolf YB Deluxe for $20 and Control even at $30, that way I avoid BF for those

Anyone see this?  They are killing the 10% Pro discount:  https://old.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/ds0jnt/new_pro_card_rollout/?st=k2oaoxho&sh=cd30d9d2

New PUR (for new members starting Friday 11/8?):

"No discounts on preowned, no buy 2 get 1 coupon at sign up, replaced with $5 coupon monthly that expires monthly and new cost is $20 yearly if want mailed magazine or $15 if take digital. Everything else remains the same."

Current members still get the 10% discount until at least Spring 2020.  People who still have Elite Pro might be losing their discount at some point as well.

Oh Lord..

Personally I haven't been buying very many games lately (and haven't flipped since 2017), so the $5 monthly coupon could potentially save me more money. But I can definitely see how this screws over a lot of people.

No mention of extra 10% off in the ad unless I'm missing it -- which makes sense if they're pushing the new "pro" that removes any thought of percentages off.

That's a tough sell.  "Hey, become a Pro member so you can get access to this sale that is significantly worse than the sales that will begin in a few weeks that don't require the purchase of an additional membership."  But hey, FIVE DOLLARS OFF.

So I placed an order online and got my PayPal email. Order isn't showing up in my orders. Is this one of those horror situations I've heard of?

Edit: my account is showing no orders whatsoever and I've made many over the years. No confirm email from gamestop yet. Just PayPal.

Edit: crisis averted for now. Got the gamestop email. Whew.

Gamestop Black Friday hours. Thanks to https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/ds0wu7/at_least_we_know_our_hours/

Y3Hvq5n.jpg

For Pro day sales, do we expect used copies of games to go on sale to match the new copies?
Do not believe this has been the case historically. Same with the BF games that get discounted, it's just new copies for the duration of the sale. Only when it's a permanent markdown.

I can't even seem to place an order on GameStop.com with my trade card. Keep getting the message that my transaction is declined and to use a different payment method. Anyone else having similar issues? Definitely don't want to use payment other than my credit (need to use it up).

Do not believe this has been the case historically. Same with the BF games that get discounted, it's just new copies for the duration of the sale. Only when it's a permanent markdown.
Pro day pre-owned games will be cheaper than new.

fucking horrendous. Closing as soon as ppl with families can shop at 10. Good for staff I guess but they shouldn’t be working that day anyway.

For Pro day sales, do we expect used copies of games to go on sale to match the new copies?
Shitty for managers though. They have to work until midnight on Thanksgiving and then come right back the next morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back