2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, i was planning on just going to the store that i did the in store pick up for and try to get it before they tried to cancel it. Will they not let you pick up the game without that confirmation email, even if it's sitting on the shelf when you walk in?

Managed to snag a copy of Forager, Terraria, and MK11 for store pickup and just got my confirmation notice. Sick deals for this DOTD honestly. Also works out because I bought a used copy of Terraria exactly 7 days ago so I can return it. Paid with TC online also if that matters.

So my b2g1 expired last month before I could use it.
Ask for it to be renewed, said it was no longer available.

Asked for $5 off instead and they gave it to me. Online only though.Surprised they gave in so easily, was expecting nothing.

Damn it, sorry everyone I really don't wanna be "that guy" but I don't want to wait until tonight and possibly miss out on what's in my cart. Anyone able to help me out with getting a code? I'd really appreciate it if so.

So haven't been keeping up, can you really not use trade credit online?
You can. I just did.

Damn it, sorry everyone I really don't wanna be "that guy" but I don't want to wait until tonight and possibly miss out on what's in my cart. Anyone able to help me out with getting a code? I'd really appreciate it if so.
I got my code in minutes. Why would you have to wait until tonight?

Does anyone who has been in store and seen the signs know when the controller bonus ends? I’m currently sitting on 19 xbone controllers, 9 elites, and a bag full of joycons from buying retail return pallets

Does anyone who has been in store and seen the signs know when the controller bonus ends? I’m currently sitting on 19 xbone controllers, 9 elites, and a bag full of joycons from buying retail return pallets
I don't remember seeing an end date but I also didn't look very closely. It may only be good for the week.

Works on multiple sets of 3 Switch games but it removes PUR discount. Does work on consoles too
That sucks. Has a slight saving over elite w/ cag16 (33.33% off versus 32.80% off)... however, this b2g1 deal would require that you get 3 games that are the same price to optimize savings (otherwise the b2g1 is actually worse than cag16).

Working on consoles is the only saving grace. Some good GS to Amazon movers if you're willing to chance it.

Buying 3 $55 games with  cag16+10% is $137.

Buying 3 $55 games with B2G1 is $121.

You get some savings, unless I'm doing it wrong.

Buying 3 $55 games with cag16+10% is $137.
Buying 3 $55 games with B2G1 is $121.
You get some savings, unless I'm doing it wrong.
$54.99*(1-.16)*(1-.1)*3=$124.72 (pro with cag16)

$54.99*(1-.16)*(1-.2)*3=$110.86 (elite with cag16)

$54.99*2=$109.98 (b2g1)

These numbers dont take into account sales tax, as that varies state to state.

NOTE: the calculation for "b2g1" above is only for this promo today. Otherwise during other b2g1 promos, at other times of the year, pro and elite stack.

My understanding is that Pro/Elite doesn't stack with B2G1F.
During a B2G1 sale or with the renewal coupon it most certainly will. I’m not sure where you came up with that, unless you’re specifically talking about this SD coupon.

Managed to snag a copy of Forager, Terraria, and MK11 for store pickup and just got my confirmation notice. Sick deals for this DOTD honestly. Also works out because I bought a used copy of Terraria exactly 7 days ago so I can return it. Paid with TC online also if that matters.
If you bought it after November first you have till January 15 to return.[attachment=33141:6B0252C4-4DBE-461B-BAC5-4DDD14AEB518.png]

Man you all, just doing it wrong.

Get your ass to a cheap thrift store (don't tell me there isn't one near you, 5 near me - google thrift !!) [GoodWill is garbage, as a hint] - buy books, take the books to Bookmans, Half Price Books, 2nd Charles, or WHATEVER bookstore you have.  Sell the books, accept store credit, They love your books, and you can: BUY GAMES!!  Brand new ones even (!)  Switch PS4 XB1 ..

Shit people.  Your working GameStop over for a few dollars, when you could have the world .. !

My general expense for an endeavor is about $10 cash spent, to buy .. payout is $50-$80 store credit.  [for about 4 medium boxes with lids {the kind you get with 10 printer paper reams} - so 4 X paper box reams ]

Garage sales work too. (!)

Happy thriftin!

edit:

ps:  The joy is when GameStop does promotions.  I can convert my store credit "there" (bookstore) to store credit at GameStop.  A game in itself, I suppose.  Har har.  Buy their shit, and trade everything to GameStop.

It works out.  Muhahah

I like games.  :)

Mckays books here. But just because I do the bookstore route like any sane person, doesn’t mean I can’t ALSO ream GameStop in the b hole when they are stupid/lazy

The thrifting idea is only good in theory if the area bookstores actually sell games. None of the local or national stores where I'm living sell them. The place my mom and I have shopped at for years barely started selling Blu-Ray and DVD movies within the last year or two.

Man you all, just doing it wrong.

Get your ass to a cheap thrift store (don't tell me there isn't one near you, 5 near me - google thrift !!) [GoodWill is garbage, as a hint] - buy books, take the books to Bookmans, Half Price Books, 2nd Charles, or WHATEVER bookstore you have. Sell the books, accept store credit, They love your books, and you can: BUY GAMES!! Brand new ones even (!) Switch PS4 XB1 ..

Shit people. Your working GameStop over for a few dollars, when you could have the world .. !

My general expense for an endeavor is about $10 cash spent, to buy .. payout is $50-$80 store credit. [for about 4 medium boxes with lids {the kind you get with 10 printer paper reams} - so 4 X paper box reams ]

Garage sales work too. (!)

Happy thriftin!

edit:

ps: The joy is when GameStop does promotions. I can convert my store credit "there" (bookstore) to store credit at GameStop. A game in itself, I suppose. Har har. Buy their shit, and trade everything to GameStop.

It works out. Muhahah

I like games. :)
Your plan is regionally dependent. We dont have those types of stores anywhere near me and I live in a well developed suburban area for a large city. Id rather go the Gamestop route than drive to over an hour to Allentown or Newark for 2nd and Charles while lugging around heavy boxes stuffed with books

The thrifting idea is only good in theory if the area bookstores actually sell games. None of the local or national stores where I'm living sell them. The place my mom and I have shopped at for years barely started selling Blu-Ray and DVD movies within the last year or two.
If it means anything to you, I drive 40 miles to my particular bookstore. There is also a wholesale bookstore, sort-of on my way home.. whatever my main bookstore doesn't buy, they buy wholesale, $3 a box. All good, as I don't want anything coming back with me. And it pays for gas.

All the junker books that I know my bookstore won't take, adds to about $30 per run (cash). Yeah, I bring the junker boxes too. Pays for gas !!

We ever figure out if that pro renewal giving elite pro glitch was real? Found the renew button on the website for my expired card but it's charging $19.99 for the membership.

Your plan is regionally dependent. We dont have those types of stores anywhere near me and I live in a well developed suburban area for a large city. Id rather go the Gamestop route than drive to over an hour to Allentown or Newark for 2nd and Charles while lugging around heavy boxes stuffed with books
With all due respect, the people who live FURTHER from the big bookstores are more likely to find alot of quality books.

The local residents are going to be continually picked HARD, to the point that it's not even worth trying.

Distance is an asset.

With all due respect, the people who live FURTHER from the big bookstores are more likely to find alot of quality books.

The local residents are going to be continually picked HARD, to the point that it's not even worth trying.

Distance is an asset.
I feel like all the goodwills around me have terrible romance novels for like 5 bucks a pop. What books do you buy and how much are they usually?

We ever figure out if that pro renewal giving elite pro glitch was real? Found the renew button on the website for my expired card but it's charging $19.99 for the membership.
About half a dozen people confirmed it was working last week. You’re getting charged $19.99 because you’re picking the physical magazine.

If it means anything to you, I drive 40 miles to my particular bookstore. There is also a wholesale bookstore, sort-of on my way home.. whatever my main bookstore doesn't buy, they buy wholesale, $3 a box. All good, as I don't want anything coming back with me. And it pays for gas.

All the junker books that I know my bookstore won't take, adds to about $30 per run (cash). Yeah, I bring the junker boxes too. Pays for gas !!
I wish I were that lucky. I can't even think of one bookstore about an hour away that sells games. My uneducated guess is that none of them really do for whatever reason.

I feel like all the goodwills around me have terrible romance novels for like 5 bucks a pop. What books do you buy and how much are they usually?
GoodWill is the wrong place to shop for deals.

But I am not too picky on titles. Good hardback, decent dust cover, nice pages, no mold spots. No stickers. No stamps. I don't care who the author is, or what the title is. I care little. They'll buy it.

You got to find a place near you the sells books by the brown bag / by the box. Cheap. Like $2-$3 per bag/box. It's the only way this can work. Because big bookstores are only going to give you ~~$0.50 per book or so. It's got to be in mass volume to be worthwhile.

Google around for charity thrift stores, as an idea. Seriously.

(GoodWill stopped being a charity years ago. .. *sigh* )

GoodWill is the wrong place to shop for deals.

But I am not too picky on titles. Good hardback, decent dust cover, nice pages, no mold spots. No stickers. No stamps. I don't care who the author is, or what the title is. I care little. They'll buy it.

You got to find a place near you the sells books by the brown bag / by the box. Cheap. Like $2-$3 per bag/box. It's the only way this can work. Because big bookstores are only going to give you ~~$0.50 per book or so. It's got to be in mass volume to be worthwhile.

Google around for charity thrift stores, as an idea. Seriously.

(GoodWill stopped being a charity years ago. .. *sigh* )
Okay that's good advice... so what the most expensive you would pay for 1 book?

Okay that's good advice... so what the most expensive you would pay for 1 book?
I wanna say about 10 or 15 cents per. At yard sales I got lower, to about 5 cents per .. but that was bulk. And I would generally fill my car, coming home with 500 books and a short stack of Wii / PS3 games to trade .. (heh. I seem to always find Wii games, for better or worse.)

People generally don't ask for books at garage sales, so when I offer $10 for 20 boxes, they initially balk, then work me up to $12 so they are getting a good deal. All good. Thanks, I'll load them in.

It's not all guaranteed though. 2/3 of people I lowball turn me down. Oh well.

People seem to have books they don't want WAY more often than video games they don't want. I just went with it.

I wanna say about 10 or 15 cents per. At yard sales I got lower, to about 5 cents per .. but that was bulk. And I would generally fill my car, coming home with 500 books and a short stack of Wii / PS3 games to trade .. (heh. I seem to always find Wii games, for better or worse.)

People generally don't ask for books at garage sales, so when I offer $10 for 20 boxes, they initially balk, then work me up to $12 so they are getting a good deal. All good. Thanks, I'll load them in.

It's not all guaranteed though. 2/3 of people I lowball turn me down. Oh well.

People seem to have books they don't want WAY more often than video games they don't want. I just went with it.
damn! 10 dollars for 20 boxes!! that is crazy

The good old days dumpster diving at the Library and cleaning them up a bit then trading them in McKay's wonder if it is still good and safe to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back