2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I plan on trying this, the $25 and moving all my preorders to a Spidey PS4 I preordered online for a return/rebuy. Lots of moving parts for this one, lol. Fingers crossed.
Yeah, this code works. Tried it at my store. Employee said should come out to $325 on Thursday night when I trade in my regular pro towards the special edition. Hopefully values hold for the rest of the week.

Gamestop_zpsfj67eehi.png

Currently its $155, with the $50 coupon that makes it $205. If the other $25 promo does stack, that puts it at $230 if you're trading towards a new console.
which is only 20 bucks less than the last promo iirc, and takes the sting out of missing out cause of my own indecision combined with a surprising lack of inventory within a reasonable driving distance on the last night of the deal

What's this 50 dollar code thing going on?I was gonna take my ps4 slim to trade in for the spiderman pro I have reserved. Am I better off waiting for release day?

Don’t hate, embrace, now your black PS4 Pro can get $325 and directly towards that Spider-Man one without having to buy and return a Project Scorpio Xbox first.

What's this 50 dollar code thing going on?I was gonna take my ps4 slim to trade in for the spiderman pro I have reserved. Am I better off waiting for release day?
I'd wait till Wednesday/Thursday to see if they have an extra promo for spidey.

I believe you have to wait for release of the console in order to get the $25 bonus. It will not apply to a pre order.

Here is an unboxing of the console for those on the fence. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNqhrciLWok&feature=youtu.be

I believe you have to wait for release of the console in order to get the $25 bonus. It will not apply to a pre order.

Here is an unboxing of the console for those on the fence. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNqhrciLWok&feature=youtu.be
...yea. That is a pretty garish color scheme.

most special editions are cool, but would look very out of place on an entertainment stand, I much prefer having a plain black or white console

I am buying one, but simply to flip. I know someone out there is probably wanting one to make a Pop! shrine out of it or something. :/

i'm a little bummed about the glossy top and would have preferred a red and blue color scheme.

With that said, I couldn't resist trading in my old pro and its old controller with minimal OOP (thanks to xb1x deal) to upgrade to a new pro and new controller with a new warranty...(and hopefully a 20% coupon?) 

My launch pro and controller had a ton of miles on it so this just makes sense.

It's definitely not the sexy 500 million console, but that just isn't worth $500 to me at this point. 1) Sony should have included the headset as well and 2) The PS5 is not that far off...so $500 just seems ridiculous for this old tech (it would be a different story if they had upgraded the cpu as well to achieve a higher framerate and 4k)

It looks like PS2 games are slowly making their way on to the GS app trade values section. You have to search for "PS2"

With that said, I couldn't resist trading in my old pro and its old controller with minimal OOP (thanks to xb1x deal) to upgrade to a new pro and new controller with a new warranty...(and hopefully a 20% coupon?)
GoW ps4 pro had the coupon in there, while my Target cartwheel ps4 pro did not. Let's hope they include it this time.

Im planning on trading in my og ps4 towards the spidey pro this Thursday (I already have it preordered at the store closest to me). Im planning on trading my ps4 during my lunch break at the GS closest to my job that way Im not wasting time doing it later in the night. Will it be a problem getting the $25 console promo to work at the GS by my job even though my preorder is elsewhere?

I really hope it's the lighting or his camera but I was expecting a darker red. This what I was hopping for; even in the mock it appears darker.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SpidermanPS4/comments/909swz/in_person_shot_of_the_spiderman_ps4_pro_via_greg/

I just got a call from Gamestop they said they're doing a Thursday after 9pm release for the Spider-Man Pro. The guy also said they will have a trade in deal. I didn't ask specifics because I was busy, he did say it would be in the ad also.

Im planning on trading in my og ps4 towards the spidey pro this Thursday (I already have it preordered at the store closest to me). Im planning on trading my ps4 during my lunch break at the GS closest to my job that way Im not wasting time doing it later in the night. Will it be a problem getting the $25 console promo to work at the GS by my job even though my preorder is elsewhere?
yes, you have to do the entire transaction at the store you preordered unless that store has an extra console there.

Any news if we will be able to pre order the neo geo mini in the B&M’s GameStop? I’m guessing online only. I would absolutely love it they would just block off one hour for preorders on sept 10, and if we didn’t get a ore order for the first shipment then they would let us pre order for the next. Or something . I’m literally like “shut up and take my money” already.

Pro day soon and I have:

20% off B-day coupon
B2G1
$50 in trade credit

We’re eating good, boys.

How people who didn’t get to buy the 500m get the $50 code? I’m just annoyed I didn’t get to buy that LE Console cuz of SCALPERS
...and people who wanted it for themselves, those buying as gifts, collectors of consoles, spider Man fans, etc etc.

Be mad at everyone, it's easier.

Joking aside, the code was posted earlier. Search the thread.

Ordered an instock item from GS.com on Friday with gift cards. Got a shipping confirmation on Saturday and tracking number, then an email saying my order failed due to insufficient funds. The funds have been removed from the gift cards, and the item hasn't moved since shipping...

Typical GameStop shenanigans.

Probably a stupid question but I managed to snag a preorder for the Spider-Man PS4 Pro. I was hoping to do a return and rebuy while tradding in my old ps4 to take advantage of the trade in deals. Will I be able to do this? Or should I just cancel my Spider-Man edition pro and not risk it?

How people who didn’t get to buy the 500m get the $50 code? I’m just annoyed I didn’t get to buy that LE Console cuz of SCALPERS
Gamestop had the bundles available for 5-10 minutes, a few times.

I posted my code in the collectors edition thread as soon as I realized it was universal. People like you who come here solely to bitch about not getting something is specifically why I didn’t post it in this thread.

No one owes you anything. If you *really* cared about buying a 500Mil they weren’t really that hard to get. If you really cared about the $50 code it was literally posted by someone else the page before you whining about not getting the code.

Probably a stupid question but I managed to snag a preorder for the Spider-Man PS4 Pro. I was hoping to do a return and rebuy while tradding in my old ps4 to take advantage of the trade in deals. Will I be able to do this? Or should I just cancel my Spider-Man edition pro and not risk it?
Quite possibly a YMMV situation, but my store said it wouldn't be an issue. When I asked if I would need to bring the unopened Spidey bundle in, he said, "Nah, just write down the serial number for me and bring your trade in system. We'll take care of you."

Quite possibly a YMMV situation, but my store said it wouldn't be an issue. When I asked if I would need to bring the unopened Spidey bundle in, he said, "Nah, just write down the serial number for me and bring your trade in system. We'll take care of you."
Thank you for replying. I’ll probably take mine with me since I don’t know anyone at my local store but they’re really nice so hopefully it all goes smoothly!

Gamestop had the bundles available for 5-10 minutes, a few times.

I posted my code in the collectors edition thread as soon as I realized it was universal. People like you who come here solely to bitch about not getting something is specifically why I didn’t post it in this thread.

No one owes you anything. If you *really* cared about buying a 500Mil they weren’t really that hard to get. If you really cared about the $50 code it was literally posted by someone else the page before you whining about not getting the code.
Wow I wasn’t even attacking anyone on here and just simply asked a question. Idk why nowadays people just can’t simply help out others but instead bash them. Not everyone reads everything on the thread and yes I should read the thread to find out an answer to something but aren’t we all here to help each other out cuz we’re cheapassgamers. I was just really disappointed but not pissed that I didn’t get the 500M LE It’s just Everytime something limited like this comes out, people be trying to sell them for a high price. Yup nothing we can do about it but just thinking about it sucks. And thanks for posting things that help people. I feel like we all should help each other here and find great deals. Wish there were more users that would share a lot of good deals they be finding just like the old days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back