2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
What an extremely dishonest employee just now while buying mario maker 2. She starts off by saying my pro is expiring soon, I proceed to show her the app in which it states that I am good till late May.

She then acts as if she scanned both of my 5 dollars coupons, when in reality she didn't. The game cost $37.99 (preowned) and it rings up at $43. I ask how is that possible? She says taxes.

Sure enough, no coupons scanned and she even took the liberty to add the protection plan. She tells me the machine does that automatically.

Wow
It's honestly sad that helpful and well-intentioned employees are being replaced by scum. I don't think that GameStop realizes that customer retention is far more important than making a few dollars from shady tactics.

What an extremely dishonest employee just now while buying mario maker 2. She starts off by saying my pro is expiring soon, I proceed to show her the app in which it states that I am good till late May.

She then acts as if she scanned both of my 5 dollars coupons, when in reality she didn't. The game cost $37.99 (preowned) and it rings up at $43. I ask how is that possible? She says taxes.

Sure enough, no coupons scanned and she even took the liberty to add the protection plan. She tells me the machine does that automatically.

Wow
It's sad that corporate encourages this behavior with their ridiculous pressure and "sales" goals.

It's honestly sad that helpful and well-intentioned employees are being replaced by scum. I don't think that GameStop realizes that customer retention is far more important than making a few dollars from shady tactics.
Not much point in customer retention of you're shutting down

Got my points credited from yesterday and sat but still missing all the days from Feb 26th till this past weekend :(

Is it common for retail to evaluate employees based on metrics that they have no control over? Does the gap punish / reward employees based on the number of shirts that customers unfolded to look at but decided not to buy? Why would people work for GameStop?

Is it common for retail to evaluate employees based on metrics that they have no control over? Does the gap punish / reward employees based on the number of shirts that customers unfolded to look at but decided not to buy? Why would people work for GameStop?
Coming from a retail sales background, I would say this type of thing is pretty common. My guess is that you don't get canned because your metrics are low, you get hassled and watched. If your numbers suck then you get coaching on behaviors (following the script), if you don't follow through on the behaviors and play ball then it is on to write ups and term.

I know someone posted a list for the upcoming G2L but I don’t remember if it was complete.

Nioh 2
MLB 20
Animal Crossing
DOOM
Persona 5
Resident Evil 3

Animal Crossing and Persona are great with the $10 cert.

Reggie Fils-Aimé has joined GameStop's board of directors. I think Camelot mentioned that was going to happen in Phase 4.5 in a video 6 months ago.

Can your online account get flagged for too many transactions or something? Bought a few games and also a lot of eshop, psn etc. And just had an order canceled for no reason on a psn card. Paid with gift card and had the exact amount 25 for 25. Did it yesterday no problem.

Got one copy of MM2 for about $35 locally. Ordered 2 more for later flips. It's still at $35 base today but will probably drop tomorrow I'm betting.

Also, the 20% boost no longer applies to ALL games being preordered, just those mentioned on the trade page. Specifically right now: Doom Eternal, Animal Crossing, MLB 20 and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Got one copy of MM2 for about $35 locally. Ordered 2 more for later flips. It's still at $35 base today but will probably drop tomorrow I'm betting.

Also, the 20% boost no longer applies to ALL games being preordered, just those mentioned on the trade page. Specifically right now: Doom Eternal, Animal Crossing, MLB 20 and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.
And Nioh 2.

Anyone know if past gen and classic games have been getting bumped during SB weekends? 

Also, I'm guessing the top trade value games advertised in the Weekly Ad will stay that way through Saturday. 

Anyone know if past gen and classic games have been getting bumped during SB weekends?

Also, I'm guessing the top trade value games advertised in the Weekly Ad will stay that way through Saturday.
I got more from the 3DS flips than Division 2, so 3DS games were definitely bumped. I don't think the other last gen games were. The top trade value games will last at least through Saturday, though last week's games lasted through today because they were also on the MWT list.

Come on guys. TimPV3 loves throwing shade at Camelot. You should know better than this.

Also, too little too late for Gamestop. Reggie getting on board as others are stepping off the sinking ship. Q4 - Q1 numbers are still gonna be god awful, and unless they stop their current sales tactics no one is going to care who is on what board.

Come on guys. TimPV3 loves throwing shade at Camelot. You should know better than this.
Also, too little too late for Gamestop. Reggie getting on board as others are stepping off the sinking ship. Q4 - Q1 numbers are still gonna be god awful, and unless they stop their current sales tactics no one is going to care who is on what board.
Nobody recognizes usernames unless you are Dave or a reincarnation of his Holy Son, Dave.

Can your online account get flagged for too many transactions or something? Bought a few games and also a lot of eshop, psn etc. And just had an order canceled for no reason on a psn card. Paid with gift card and had the exact amount 25 for 25. Did it yesterday no problem.
Nope.

You'll only get flagged if you trade too much in a short period of time. See the 1st page of this mega-thread.

Conclusion:

You won't get in trouble for buying too much! I think GS wants you to buy outside your means.

Yeah, it can. I remember a few months ago someone mentioned there’s was blocked from online purchases for awhile.

Please, this is gamestop you're taking about. Thier business plan is specifically about trying to make it as difficult as possible to purchase thier products

Is a N3DS Xl worth it over a regular XL?
Being offered a N3DS XL for $45, very tempting.

Might trade in my OG 2ds for $20 to upgrade.

On a side not, can't find trade in price for N3DS consoles. Maybe I'm missing something?
Looks like they're not taking them anymore?
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/details/?pid=10128086
New 3DS is one of the absolute best systems to mod pretty much ever. With basically very little know how you can purchase a $20 DS flash card and get custom firmware on it in basically 10 minutes. The New model is capable of great emulation of NES, SNES, Master System, Genesis, Turbografx 16, and you can also inject GBA. The flash card will have a switch in it that then gives you a fully functional DS card and the ability to add a very good GB/GBC emulator on it. My New 2ds has a 200gb micro in it and the flash card has a 128gb micro in it. I love that system, and until the Switch is old and dead, and much simpler to mod, it will be my go to portable system, still for years to come.

you can purchase a $20 DS flash card and get custom firmware on it in basically 10 minutes.
You don't even need a flash card nowadays, all models can be unlocked by following a specific set of instructions (google!), ROMs are a bit harder to come by but doable. I purchased 3x 2DS XLs (drove all around the county to find the special editions ones - poke/pika/AC when the were running that 2DS preowned sale) for the kids and put pretty much every single game on the SD cards. Perfect for road trips, plus no fighting over games!

Wow
Wow man I was just doing my job. I swear if you leave me a negative survey

I got more from the 3DS flips than Division 2, so 3DS games were definitely bumped. I don't think the other last gen games were. The top trade value games will last at least through Saturday, though last week's games lasted through today because they were also on the MWT list.
I kept finding random 3DS games that got bumped, like Sonic Lost World, Sonic Fire & Ice, Cooking Mama 4, and others that got bumped to $13.20. The B2G2 sale must have depleted enough stock to trigger several normally ~$4-5 TIV games to spike this weekend.

Traded in 2 Switch games toward an upcoming preorder today (almost $100 in credit with bumps) and the girl working was like "You know you can't cancel this preorder because you've been trading so much towards it right?" I just said, "Yeah I know. Why don't I also get a GPG for this other game I'm getting as well?"

She replied "Sounds good!" with a smile. Glad the preorder is a G2L title.

Never have and never will pay for an extended warranty on a video game. Warranties are for items you can't afford to replace.

Just scooped Mario's Picross for ~$11 since I'm a Picross fan and have always wanted to play it on a Game Boy.

I kept finding random 3DS games that got bumped, like Sonic Lost World, Sonic Fire & Ice, Cooking Mama 4, and others that got bumped to $13.20. The B2G2 sale must have depleted enough stock to trigger several normally ~$4-5 TIV games to spike this weekend.
Yep, the majority of $19.99-34.99 games got bumped over the weekend to the point where margins were over 50% (Depending on tax) after B2G2.

Mario Maker 2 base value is down to $13 compared to the $35 yesterday. Oof, glad I flipped yesterday.
Got 2 more copies on order for delivery. Will keep one and save another for a rainy day when values go up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back