2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
My order that "shipped" on July 7th is still awaiting carrier pickup. I have been on hold for 45 min so far trying to figure out what is going on. How long has your order been in the same status until it actually shipped? It's only 2 games so it's not a huge order.

My order that "shipped" on July 7th is still awaiting carrier pickup. I have been on hold for 45 min so far trying to figure out what is going on. How long has your order been in the same status until it actually shipped? It's only 2 games so it's not a huge order.
I have an order from the 3rd still awaiting pickup. Again, relax. This is nothing abnormal for them.

I have an order from the 3rd still awaiting pickup. Again, relax. This is nothing abnormal for them.
Well, she told me my order was lost. USPS told them they didn't receive my games. She says only 2 options are a refund that will take 10-15 business days or replacing the games that will take 10-15 business days. There is also no supervisor available at the moment(I still am waiting on a supervisor to call me back from 2 weeks ago) I'm done with this company. I still haven't had my issued resolved from 1 1/2 months ago and now this. Not even an email telling me my order is lost. I'd call up because your order has been awaiting pickup longer than mine. Maybe they all got stolen or something. Anyway, I'm having her send the replacement to me because it's the same time as a refund and I used promo credit and my $10 off coupon on the games and I highly doubt my credit will be returned and the $10 off coupon expired so I have to just hope a replacement gets here in 2 weeks. Lame.

Isn't the GS gamble part of the point? Sometimes you make a return and double your money...sometimes your order disappears and nobody cares...

Isn't the GS gamble part of the point? Sometimes you make a return and double your money...sometimes your order disappears and nobody cares...
Yea I just had an USPS order from the warehouse arrive and the packing slip had only 1 of 7 posted at full price and the others a buck something each. (B2G2 $34.99 and under promo). Went to store to return without the slip and they just gave me a gift card at full value. Sometimes saying less is more!

Well, she told me my order was lost. USPS told them they didn't receive my games. She says only 2 options are a refund that will take 10-15 business days or replacing the games that will take 10-15 business days. There is also no supervisor available at the moment(I still am waiting on a supervisor to call me back from 2 weeks ago) I'm done with this company. I still haven't had my issued resolved from 1 1/2 months ago and now this. Not even an email telling me my order is lost. I'd call up because your order has been awaiting pickup longer than mine. Maybe they all got stolen or something. Anyway, I'm having her send the replacement to me because it's the same time as a refund and I used promo credit and my $10 off coupon on the games and I highly doubt my credit will be returned and the $10 off coupon expired so I have to just hope a replacement gets here in 2 weeks. Lame.
I just think of it as a joke now. I give them way more leeway than I probably should.

I'm still awaiting an order I placed on May 19th. That order is obviously lost, so I called them almost a month ago to get a replacement order in. They put in for one, and almost a month later I still haven't received that order, so almost 2 months from the actual order.

I had another order that I called about in early June after about 2 weeks of no tracking update, and they said it was also lost, so they had to do another replacement order for that one. Funny enough, I actually ended up randomly getting the initial order I think about a week after I called. For the replacement order, I still have only received 1/4 games.

I try not to call about replacements if I can, and just wait it out because you'll usually waste an hour of your life waiting on hold just to talk to some idiot, and theres like a 25/75% ratio on if you'll ever get the replacement vs. never getting it. I had called about a getting a pop replaced and they put it through, but asked about it when I called last month and was told "it was damaged in transit so I was refunded". So apparently not only the pop I actually got was damaged, but then the replacement was also damaged to a point they just weren't even going to send it. Never got an email for that either.

It's just a joke at this point, but I've learned to just accept it. It's part of the reason I had no problem returning 20-30 games for full price recently that I got for half off. Their fault.

Some random preowned games have gone up ($5) in price this week...TMNT Mutants in Manhattan (PS4) and NCAA Football 14 (PS3) are a few examples. 

Yea I just had an USPS order from the warehouse arrive and the packing slip had only 1 of 7 posted at full price and the others a buck something each. (B2G2 $34.99 and under promo). Went to store to return without the slip and they just gave me a gift card at full value. Sometimes saying less is more!
Davem, I'm surprised you haven't gotten a return ban from gamestop yet lol.

Seriously though, something I noticed is the packing slips that are printed on regular 8.5 x 11 paper generally have the high prices and the peel off packing slips have the low prices. Got some games I wanted to return and they said like -$1.xx or some negative number. Was like "well obviously can't return that".

something I noticed is the packing slips that are printed on regular 8.5 x 11 paper generally have the high prices and the peel off packing slips have the low prices. Got some games I wanted to return and they said like -$1.xx or some negative number. Was like "well obviously can't return that".
printouts come from stores. the sticker slips come from the warehouse. the negative prices come when a game is free.. but now the always fabulous system has been recently taking an equal portion the "free" shipping charge out of each item ordered.

I had a couple free games come from the warehouse showing values of something like -$0.64fce

Seriously though, something I noticed is the packing slips that are printed on regular 8.5 x 11 paper generally have the high prices and the peel off packing slips have the low prices. Got some games I wanted to return and they said like -$1.xx or some negative number. Was like "well obviously can't return that".
There's no such thing as a return ban. At least, not anymore.

Ahh that makes more sense, the buck-something was negative, I just figured it was a poor printout slip. I usually distribute my returns amongst the region, but have never had associates bat an eye like they do for trade-ins sometime. Scratches on discs and shattered cases is pretty self-explanatory. Did not like, defective, no case / art, etc.

There's no such thing as a return ban. At least, not anymore.
I've had CSR say they could only refund PUR points ONCE PER ACCOUNT, and have had points refunded for various reasons multiple times afterwards, so I'm sure its a case by case basis and only if you get flagged for something totally flagrant. But seeing as how most returns processed in store don't access the same systems as online, I see it as unlikely. I abide by the known rules (like 4 games per rolling month, etc) so if there are some anecdotal return bans I'm sure it would be some algorithmic function. I mean, last year I went store to store B2G2 switch funded by 3 of the 4 previous store's games and nothing happened.

"I swear there's a return ban! I've never experienced one and I've never actually known someone who has, but I swear it's a thing!!"

No. Unless the ceiling is 2k+ that triggers it like the trade ban, then there isn't one.

I've had CSR say they could only refund PUR points ONCE PER ACCOUNT, and have had points refunded for various reasons multiple times afterwards, so I'm sure its a case by case basis and only if you get flagged for something totally flagrant. But seeing as how most returns processed in store don't access the same systems as online, I see it as unlikely. I abide by the known rules (like 4 games per rolling month, etc) so if there are some anecdotal return bans I'm sure it would be some algorithmic function. I mean, last year I went store to store B2G2 switch funded by 3 of the 4 previous store's games and nothing happened.
Exactly. Unless it's a store triggered return ban where a certain employees has overwhelming evidence that you are doing something suspicious, there is no such thing. I do all my returns at different stores each time to ensure something like this, if it just so happens to be a thing, doesn't happen. Even then, it's probably a store related return block. I'm sure you and I give more business to GS than everyone else here who pretends to know things.

"I swear there's a return ban! I've never experienced one and I've never actually known someone who has, but I swear it's a thing!!"

No. Unless the ceiling is 2k+ that triggers it like the trade ban, then there isn't one.

Exactly. Unless it's a store triggered return ban where a certain employees has overwhelming evidence that you are doing something suspicious, there is no such thing. I do all my returns at different stores each time to ensure something like this, if it just so happens to be a thing, doesn't happen. Even then, it's probably a store related return block. I'm sure you and I give more business to GS than everyone else here who pretends to know things.
You've been on here a month, and you're already acting like you know everything. Nobody but you is pretending like they know things.

LOL! I suppose that is one way to look at it. I would rather just get the stuff I paid for though. I really do understand how things can get mixed up with all the craziness going on in the world but I do expect an email or a phone call when they say they will call back or if an order I paid for gets lost. The CS lady spent like 15 minutes helping me on the phone and explained that not many people were working so I was nice to her and thanked her many times for helping me even if it didn't make much sense. I've learned over the years that things don't need to make sense and she was most likely doing all the company she works for allows her to do. I am done with online orders with them though. Just hoping these 2 games eventually do make it to me.

I bought ncaa football 14 ps3 for $55 shipped. I pray to God that it's complete.
I bought 13 copies 3 weeks ago. 9 of the 13 copies had holes and scratches through the top layer. Another 1 of the 4 good copies had a small hole in the edge of the top layer but it was outside of the game data and ripping the disc multiple times finished without error. I returned them to a Gamestop a week and a half ago, wouldn't be surprised if they are being recirculated.

4dEGYmJ.jpg

r1D33hH.jpg

mgFXcXq.jpg

3msSW3m.jpg

INUOSKe.jpg

tZFpB8g.jpg

cxQfMwc.jpg

1sucrTW.jpg

BqGCWOl.jpg

I'm aware of 4 other copies recently purchased that also were pockmarked with holes and scratches. Goodluck

Try over $200 on Amazon if it's complete and the disc is in good shape.
of the 13 I got from Gamestop, 6 came with original cases (original NCAA case has a holo NFL sticker on front also), none came with the insert (I dont believe the game had an actual manual)

of the 13 I got from Gamestop, 6 came with original cases (original NCAA case has a holo NFL sticker on front also), none came with the insert (I dont believe the game had an actual manual)
It originally came with a Season Pass code, 15% off some website, and the Walmart exclusive ones had like a $20 voucher for another website or store.

I bought 13 copies 3 weeks ago. 9 of the 13 copies had holes and scratches through the top layer. Another 1 of the 4 good copies had a small hole in the edge of the top layer but it was outside of the game data and ripping the disc multiple times finished without error. I returned them to a Gamestop a week and a half ago, wouldn't be surprised if they are being recirculated.

4dEGYmJ.jpg

r1D33hH.jpg

mgFXcXq.jpg

3msSW3m.jpg

INUOSKe.jpg

tZFpB8g.jpg

cxQfMwc.jpg

1sucrTW.jpg

BqGCWOl.jpg

I'm aware of 4 other copies recently purchased that also were pockmarked with holes and scratches. Goodluck
It’s so ashamed that they sold so many copies of something that’s obviously damaged. Like you said, I wouldn’t be surprised that they keep reselling them until customers don’t return them.

Did you return all of your bad copies to the same store?

It's probably from their shitty resurfacing machines that they use to destroy perfectly good games
most of my copies had no signs that they had been resurfaced, some of the copies actually had RETURN TO WH - DEFECTIVE stickers on the cases, hidden under those black stickers theyve been covering things up with lately. Really feels like they had a stack of NCAA returns and somebody decided to just toss them in as inventory despite a lot of them being defectives

It’s so ashamed that they sold so many copies of something that’s obviously damaged. Like you said, I wouldn’t be surprised that they keep reselling them until customers don’t return them.

Did you return all of your bad copies to the same store?
Yes I returned all to the same store, the rep working did look at the discs and saw how bad they were and did put them in the system as defective returns for my refund, but who knows if that stops them from getting back to the warehouse and just recirculated. I stopped buying them because I have little faith that I won't just get back one of the ones I returned

most of my copies had no signs that they had been resurfaced, some of the copies actually had RETURN TO WH - DEFECTIVE stickers on the cases, hidden under those black stickers theyve been covering things up with lately. Really feels like they had a stack of NCAA returns and somebody decided to just toss them in as inventory despite a lot of them being defectives
So if the discs have any type of hole when holding it up to light, it is 100% damaged/unplayable? Or it just might have damage? If so, I've been checking wrong. I've only looked for heavy scratches/middle ring cracks in the recent 100s of games I bought. Never thought about checking out the top and holding it up to light. That's gonna take some time.

Looks like they brought back the B1 over $30 deal get X off any preowned game back, yet they bumped it down from 50% off to 40% off lol.

4dEGYmJ.jpg

r1D33hH.jpg

mgFXcXq.jpg

3msSW3m.jpg

INUOSKe.jpg

tZFpB8g.jpg

cxQfMwc.jpg

1sucrTW.jpg

BqGCWOl.jpg

Ouch, looks like this is no longer easy profit because GS dun fucked up. I bought a few Xenogears and they were all scratched to shit, so I gave up on older disc based games (but PS3 games aren't even that old).

So if the discs have any type of hole when holding it up to light, it is 100% damaged/unplayable? Or it just might have damage? If so, I've been checking wrong. I've only looked for heavy scratches/middle ring cracks in the recent 100s of games I bought. Never thought about checking out the top and holding it up to light. That's gonna take some time.

Looks like they brought back the B1 over $30 deal get X off any preowned game back, yet they bumped it down from 50% off to 40% off lol.
This basically looks like disc rot, which is impossible to fix.

It would be cool little experiment to mark those defective NCAA’s with a UV pen return them wait a few weeks and then reorder a bunch just to see if you get back any of the same copies.

I bought 13 copies 3 weeks ago.
Nice, always like to hear about interesting flip anecdotes of older games as I have no grasp of why stuff like that sells for so much. I guess you usually sell the good copies on ebay?

most of my copies had no signs that they had been resurfaced, some of the copies actually had RETURN TO WH - DEFECTIVE stickers on the cases, hidden under those black stickers theyve been covering things up with lately.
I've had this with pre-owned Nintendo Switch games coming out of the TX as well.

Yea, not seeing any reason to not bite on 40%. Maybe if they did a $40 new and 60% off? I guess if you were dead set on picking up the new Mario / Ghost game this week...

LOL! I suppose that is one way to look at it. I would rather just get the stuff I paid for though. I really do understand how things can get mixed up with all the craziness going on in the world but I do expect an email or a phone call when they say they will call back or if an order I paid for gets lost. The CS lady spent like 15 minutes helping me on the phone and explained that not many people were working so I was nice to her and thanked her many times for helping me even if it didn't make much sense. I've learned over the years that things don't need to make sense and she was most likely doing all the company she works for allows her to do. I am done with online orders with them though. Just hoping these 2 games eventually do make it to me.
yeah, I've said I'm done with their online orders too....until the next 50%+ off sale or glitch...then I'll be rolling the dice again because daddy needs a new converted preowned!

Nice, always like to hear about interesting flip anecdotes of older games as I have no grasp of why stuff like that sells for so much. I guess you usually sell the good copies on ebay?
I've been making a killing on them, even with paying current markups. Last college FB game made and the servers are still active, so you can still play online and download updated community rosters. There's a regular group of people who make sure that each team's roster has proper names and attributes each season. The CFB games sold well. It was the NCAA's refusal to allow EA to pay the players that killed the series.

Related to these, I ordered 3 copies of the LOU 2. 1 Only had the play disc and was missing the data install disc. The other two were destroyed in their disc resurfacing machine. I tried to install them and they both stalled out eventually. Quite sad

Ahh that makes more sense, the buck-something was negative, I just figured it was a poor printout slip. I usually distribute my returns amongst the region, but have never had associates bat an eye like they do for trade-ins sometime. Scratches on discs and shattered cases is pretty self-explanatory. Did not like, defective, no case / art, etc.

What is this 4 games rolling per month rule refer to? I'm not familiar with it.

I test rip all of my discs in a PS3 to check for issues, all of the NCAA couldn't complete that had issues

Man, was kind of hoping that since Darksiders Gensis was showing at full price for the first 12 hours of the DOTD but also had the "buy any game $29.99 get a preowned for 40% off" promo listed that when it did drop to $16.99 it'd still trigger the 40% but no luck. 

Looks like GS has the UBI digital games on sale. I was going to pass on these because...backlog...but if I can spend GS space points I am interested.

Can I cash in points for online coupons to buy these? Anyone have any luck with this?
So reading the "Online Only" coupon fine print it does state not usable on digital content. Reading the normal store coupon only states not usable on gift cards.

Can the rewards coupons be used in store for digital currency or games? Can you even buy digital games in store?

Edit: Under the digital section it refers to digital currency as gift cards but then states you can redeem your rewards for digital currency....

How do I go about redeeming my points for digital currency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back