2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just traded in a bunch of accessories and 6 games. I picked up a $10 Nintendo eShop card to get 40% bonus on the accessories, but that knocked the games down to 40% instead of 50%. I only ended up losing a few dollars in trade credit, so not a big deal. I thought about trying 2 transactions as I thought the POS system might not do it right.

Anyway, I found a Bioshock the Collection Collector's Edition for PS4 for $150. Debating on keeping it or making some profit on it via eBay.

Thanks to whoever mentioned the wii sensor bar trade credit, I traded in both my Wii and Wii U sensor bars for $11.20 each after bonus.
Hmm I didn’t know Nintendo cards would work, per the info on the website, thanks!

Hmm I didn’t know Nintendo cards would work, per the info on the website, thanks!
Yeah, they haven't updated the trade page, but it's mentioned in the weekly ad. I think Google Play cards may be included as well. Since it's only in the weekly ad, it may only be through this Tuesday.

Anyone who got the coupons at e3 today is the last day for the b2g1 or the 50% extra bonus which does stack with elite 20%

Wjs1bOM.png

Just got this in my email box.

Just got this in my email box.
I like the asterisk on "Anything" - It's probably "We'll match anything, as long as it's at or under our normal trade-in value." My assumption is that it has to be a physical store within a certain radius.

I like the asterisk on "Anything" - It's probably "We'll match anything, as long as it's at or under our normal trade-in value." My assumption is that it has to be a physical store within a certain radius.
*Customer must provide, and store associate must be able to verify, competitor’s trade value for at-issue item. Regardless, in no event will GameStop match a trade value that is equal to or greater than our same-day retail value. Match only valid on trade values at physical or online retail stores, but not peer-to-peer, social network, or other third party resale marketplaces. Not valid towards cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser or no value. All trades are subject to final manager approval in-store. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealer trades or transactions accepted. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this offer for any reason without notice.

For offers contained in this email: Selection may vary by store. While supplies last. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. No dealers. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend offers contained in this email for any reason without notice. See sales associate for complete details. Void where prohibited.

*Customer must provide, and store associate must be able to verify, competitor’s trade value for at-issue item. Regardless, in no event will GameStop match a trade value that is equal to or greater than our same-day retail value. Match only valid on trade values at physical or online retail stores, but not peer-to-peer, social network, or other third party resale marketplaces. Not valid towards cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser or no value. All trades are subject to final manager approval in-store. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealer trades or transactions accepted. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this offer for any reason without notice.

For offers contained in this email: Selection may vary by store. While supplies last. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. No dealers. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend offers contained in this email for any reason without notice. See sales associate for complete details. Void where prohibited.
This is a lot of work considering you'd already be at another store, so might as well just trade there. I'm not running all around town for gamestop credit.

So if I redeem points for reward certificates, it says it'll give me a printable coupon. I don't have a printer. Are they attached to my account? That is, if I redeem them tonight and go to the store this week will the clerk be able to go into my account and access my certificates. Or do I seriously need to print them out?

So if I redeem points for reward certificates, it says it'll give me a printable coupon. I don't have a printer. Are they attached to my account? That is, if I redeem them tonight and go to the store this week will the clerk be able to go into my account and access my certificates. Or do I seriously need to print them out?
Er...I normally just use the app and redeem it on there. They can scan the bar codes for the coupons off your phone. Don't need to print it out.

I've had store associates add coupons on my account to a transaction by looking my account up on their computer (even once or twice when I didn't want them to), so yeah, you should be fine.

Some of the higher tiered 3DS games adjusted as well. It looks like Ultra Sun/Moon went back up to $18 base from $16.50 during the SB, but Miitopia went from $16.50 down to $16.

For Christ sake. My gamestop is already enough of a toy store. They keep all the games in a small corner shelf. Probably about 15% of floor space. Why even call it Gamestop at this point?

I wish Funcoland still existed...
Mine are mostly video games and some shirts and collectibles still. Seems crazy to me that they are going to become comic book stores. But I guess they have to try something to stay relevant. Just not sure this is a great idea but I was never really a comic book collector/reader in the first place.

Anyone ever been trade banned by mistake? Tried to trade in some games yesterday to get in on the stealth bump and the trade 6 promo, but the register said I had exceeded the trade limit or something like that. I don't even remember the last time I traded anything and it's been years since I flipped a lot. The guy said he could see my purchase history, but not my trade history. I've done very little business with Gamestop since last fall because the trade promos have been so weak.

I called customer service to see what was up, but they didn't have an answer for me and said they would get back to me within 5 or 6 days. Pretty lame considering I've barely used my Elite Pro membership and was finally going to get some use out of it.

Anyone ever been trade banned by mistake? Tried to trade in some games yesterday to get in on the stealth bump and the trade 6 promo, but the register said I had exceeded the trade limit or something like that. I don't even remember the last time I traded anything and it's been years since I flipped a lot. The guy said he could see my purchase history, but not my trade history. I've done very little business with Gamestop since last fall because the trade promos have been so weak.
I called customer service to see what was up, but they didn't have an answer for me and said they would get back to me within 5 or 6 days. Pretty lame considering I've barely used my Elite Pro membership and was finally going to get some use out of it.
Another one bites the dust.

It looks like I made the right choice to cash in this past weekend.  Values boosted and then dropped to their prior values or lower.

Vampyr $22.50 -> $20

Persona 5 $17.50 -> $15

Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection $17.50 -> $12!
Tekken 7 $12 -> $10
Crash Trilogy $16.50 -> $13

The two games that dropped before the weekend (Shadow of War, Evil Within 2) remained at their dropped levels ($7).

Hope nobody waited until the end of the month weekend. 

Anyone know if theres gonna be a nationwide b2g1f for 4th of july? I recall them doing it every year. Just not sure if it would be this weekend or next as 7/4/18 is on a wednesday so it could go either way. 

Anyone know if theres gonna be a nationwide b2g1f for 4th of july? I recall them doing it every year. Just not sure if it would be this weekend or next as 7/4/18 is on a wednesday so it could go either way.
I wouldn’t get your hopes up about it since the 50% promo runs through it. They have been curbing flip opportunities lately.

You know, I'm amazed how retarded Gamestop is becoming with all this junk no one wants in their stores, why don't they just re-add Retro stuff to their stores like they used to before they liquidated it all? (which was dumb btw since they specialize in used games) Seems like common sense.

A couple of my games tanked over the weekend, bumped yesterday and then re-tanked today.

Xbox One S 500GB is $110 base, 140 after $30 bonus, which is the highest I've seen in a while other than the Switch promo.

Diablo III for PS3 is randomly up to $2 Base, which pays for itself if you get it as part of your 4 for $10 like I did.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up about it since the 50% promo runs through it. They have been curbing flip opportunities lately.
That's a bummer, I'm still eating from my credit from last 4th of July, was hoping to extend it again!

Looks like there's at least another week for the 4/$10 games. There's also 25% more TiC for Dualshock 4 and Xbox One controllers. The weekly ad is pretty depressing...

As says if I buy an Xbox one x I get a free PUBG code. If I bought it recently can I do a return rebuy with the receipt to get the code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back