2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
*Customer must provide, and store associate must be able to verify, competitor’s trade value for at-issue item. Regardless, in no event will GameStop match a trade value that is equal to or greater than our same-day retail value. Match only valid on trade values at physical or online retail stores, but not peer-to-peer, social network, or other third party resale marketplaces. Not valid towards cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser or no value. All trades are subject to final manager approval in-store. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealer trades or transactions accepted. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this offer for any reason without notice.

For offers contained in this email: Selection may vary by store. While supplies last. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. No dealers. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend offers contained in this email for any reason without notice. See sales associate for complete details. Void where prohibited.
Too bad this doesn’t work on higher values; VStock sometimes has higher TIV on recent releases. Detroit was $39 at one point for example.

Got the email with GS saying they owed me credit and eventually the email with the secure link to click to redeem the gift card but the page won’t load at all.

Anyone got tips on successfully acquiring this lost credit or is it not real?

Got the email with GS saying they owed me credit and eventually the email with the secure link to click to redeem the gift card but the page won’t load at all.

Anyone got tips on successfully acquiring this lost credit or is it not real?
It's a ripoff and a nightmare. A lot CAGs have had their trade credit on card(s) wiped out trying to get "unclaimed credit" from that link.

so is it good to redeem points when using B2g1? I have points that would allow me to get $50 on pre-owned games. I remember I read it's not recommended but I don't know why 

so is it good to redeem points when using B2g1? I have points that would allow me to get $50 on pre-owned games. I remember I read it's not recommended but I don't know why
The coupon lowers the price of a game, making it the free one thus making the coupon worthless as it gets used on the free game.

The coupon lowers the price of a game, making it the free one thus making the coupon worthless as it gets used on the free game.
BUT! If you happen to be purchasing differently priced games, I believe you can use a coupon and it won't be "worthless".

For example, $54.99, $34.99 and $34.99 - you can use a $20 coupon and you do save $ and you're not wasting a coupon.

Anyone know if theres gonna be a nationwide b2g1f for 4th of july? I recall them doing it every year. Just not sure if it would be this weekend or next as 7/4/18 is on a wednesday so it could go either way.
Doubt it. I'm sure they're lurking here to avoid another flipapalozza from happening.

Is it really true that the renewal b2g1 free is good for up to 3 sets (9 games in total) off of 1 coupon?
Probably just limited to how many sets the employee will let you get away with. I used one a couple weeks ago and the dude said it was only working on one set but my area is absolutely inundated with junior detectives who get suspicious if you even use a coupon of any kind. Will try to use another one soon in a different country and see what happens.

Guy at Gamestop just told me there would be a B2G1 this weekend starting tonight at 6pm est. He also said it was supposed to be hush hush but he knows me so he filled me in.

;) :whistle2:#

Why 6pm EST? Seems silly. Usually on B2G1 weekends they give early access all day Thursday to PUR/Elite members.
I just assume est because I'm on the east coast. Could be different for different time zones. Not sure why the gut would lie to me though. He was actually trying to talk me out of preowned purchases and telling me to come back later.

I remember a few b2g1 in the past that start towards the end of business. I'm not working today, but I bet they'll have us set it up early so we won't be messing with it tomorrow with all the NES classic craze. We got the marketing refresh for it this week in our signage kits.

I just assume est because I'm on the east coast. Could be different for different time zones. Not sure why the gut would lie to me though. He was actually trying to talk me out of preowned purchases and telling me to come back later.
Not saying you were lied to. Just saying it's strange for GS to have it timed like that. Guess it could be part of their new "direction", but still seems odd they'd do it that way.

If I know the coupon works, I never tell them. I just ring up all 9-12 games and then give them the coupon to scan.
POS or GTFO. I never ask anything. I just have them ring it up. If it works with multi sets it works. If not oh well. Saves time and half the time they are not sure.

Just got an email from Gamestop with a coupon for a $50 gift card when you purchase an Xbox One X. I had already seen it in my active offers this morning but what got my attention was another promo that states "$30 EXTRA CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE ANY SYSTEM". I figured it was just the promo that is going on right now listed on the trades page of their website but the fine print shows that it's only valid 6/26-7/1 and it doesn't specify any particular system. Anybody trade in a non PS4, Xbox One or Switch system in the last 2 days and get the $30 boost? I have a 2DS I would love to get an extra $30 but it just seems to good to be true.

Just got an email from Gamestop with a coupon for a $50 gift card when you purchase an Xbox One X. I had already seen it in my active offers this morning but what got my attention was another promo that states "$30 EXTRA CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE ANY SYSTEM". I figured it was just the promo that is going on right now listed on the trades page of their website but the fine print shows that it's only valid 6/26-7/1 and it doesn't specify any particular system. Anybody trade in a non PS4, Xbox One or Switch system in the last 2 days and get the $30 boost? I have a 2DS I would love to get an extra $30 but it just seems to good to be true.
I came here to ask this same question, I've got quite a few old systems that I would gladly trade in for a $30 bonus.

The B2G1 is online as well, and it’s all products, not just games.

Anyone find out about that $30 extra credit toward consoles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep it's up, nothing good at my store the switch games were already gone lol. Just picked up more steam credit for the summer sale.

I was going to order online but I want to flip some, so I don't know that my order would arrive before the 50% bonus runs out on 7/8. Time to scope out what's in stock around me.

Yeah the B2G1 ends on the 3rd. I may try to pick up local games, flip, and then do an online order before the 3rd, and those should get delivered before the 8th when the 50% bonus TIV ends.
What games are you on so far for good flips? I have been running a lot through the trade credit/b2g1 and I’m not finding anything aside from breaking even on the flips.

Could I buy 2 random systems and a switch and return the 2 and keep the switch for a discounted price? What would that price be?

Values have tanked a little since last weekend. But theres still quite alot of boomerangs with the b2g1 + the 30% TiV for trading in 6+ games.

Over 100+ decent flips if values stay the same, and I think they will. Nothing Flipapocalypse level, but definitely decent enough.

What games are you on so far for good flips? I have been running a lot through the trade credit/b2g1 and I’m not finding anything aside from breaking even on the flips.
Base $25+ games with PUR Elite + the current 30% extra TIV when you trade 6+ games will help you.

B2G1:

$56.99 x .8 = $45.59 x2 = $91.18 OOP

TIV:

$25 base x50% extra = $37.50 x3 = $112.50

With this scenario, you're in the green $21.32 per set of 3 games, or $42.64 since the 30% extra requires 6 games. Not as good as its been in the past, but you can still do alright.

Took this from slickdeals awhile back, PUR Elite member code, youll be giving this guy PUR credits, but you can also save some decent cash 3887012359805

allso grants free shipping

edit: the discount is 20% off on the games, plus you get the b2g1

I picked up some NES games, all the ones I really wanted / high dollar /  would have liked to get b2g1 were instantly gone though

When I shop in-store and use my trade credit card, I don't have to pay tax. It looks like the website charges tax regardless of if a trade card is used. I'll just try my luck in store tomorrow...

When I shop in-store and use my trade credit card, I don't have to pay tax. It looks like the website charges tax regardless of if a trade card is used. I'll just try my luck in store tomorrow...
I get taxed using trade credit in store too so its ~ $98 instead of $91 which is a significant dent in profit :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back