2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop's trade in program is specifically designed to screw you over with the false feeling of getting good pay for your used items, $20 is what I would expect them to give you for a controller

Gamestop's trade in program is specifically designed to screw you over with the false feeling of getting good pay for your used items, $20 is what I would expect them to give you for a controller
Yeah, I just find it funny that they sell a Pre-Owned controller for $54.99 and still only give you $20. That's a crazy markup, but I guess that's the norm with GameStop.

So, I'd like some confirmation I'm not going crazy - did the used price for PS4 Pros jump ten bucks overnight? I was considering using the B2G1 (since it's EVERYTHING used) to essentially get a free game out of buying a used PS4 Pro and two high dollar games, which I could have sworn worked out to around 415 (370+45 for God of War/Detroit Become Human after the 20 percent member discount), and today that same cart is 425 dollars because the PS4 is now 380.

It's just ten bucks but I think I'd rather walk out with a new PS4 and a new copy of any of the many PS4 exclusives that are around 20 bucks just on principle. (Also still kicking myself for not deciding to pull the trigger until after Days of Play was over.)
It was definitely 369.99 for a used ps4 pro last night(I ordered one at this price!). The price went up around the time the NES classic went live.

Yeah, I just find it funny that they sell a Pre-Owned controller for $54.99 and still only give you $20. That's a crazy markup, but I guess that's the norm with GameStop.
best XB1 controller deal I've gotten was when Walmart clearanced the army camo controllers, I got 4 for $15 a pop new in box

Do a quick eBay search for completed pre-owned controllers. If you are an elite pro you will get 24.00 trade and can purchase one for $43.
Don't forget the eBay and PayPal fees for selling or that you get an actual warranty that is easy to redeem if you purchase at gs

best XB1 controller deal I've gotten was when Walmart clearanced the army camo controllers, I got 4 for $15 a pop new in box
Damn, that's a steal

Do a quick eBay search for completed pre-owned controllers. If you are an elite pro you will get 24.00 trade and can purchase one for $43.
Don't forget the eBay and PayPal fees for selling or that you get an actual warranty that is easy to redeem if you purchase at gs
I would never ever buy a Pre-Owned controller especially from eBay.

If you're patient I'm sure you'll be able to make some profit with the Switch games. Especially after the B2G1, pre-owned Switch game stock will diminish. You just lose out on that instant gratification and obviously can't keep doing it. You just stock up and wait.

Not really a deal, but the weekly Gamestop ad this week had a misprint for Ys VIII on Switch for $19.99, it was supposed to be the Vita version of the game. I was able to price match the ad at Best Buy and get a Switch copy for $20, pretty happy to pick it up for so cheap since I already have the PS4 version and didn't want to double dip until it went on sale for Switch. 

Already got my Tracking # for NES Classic edition, but I noticed in my haste I bought the Yok nes wired controller rather than the Nintendo one.  Anybody have any experience with the Yok version or should I just take it back and get the Nintendo one when it shows up?

I would never ever buy a Pre-Owned controller especially from eBay.
It's pretty risk free buying from eBay. You might get a broken controller, but you will be covered by either paypal or ebay themselves. Shipping it back might be a small hassle, but it's not really that much different than having to drive back to a GS when you find out the R trigger isn't working as it should or whatever the problem is.

damn gamestop, your website and app are the bees knees

i love going on your site and seeing no "check in store" option for pokemon ultra moon because having an "online only" price option removes it

i also love it telling me that no stores within 50 miles on the app, out of more than a dozen total, there are zero results for a used or new copy of the game. oddly conflicts with pretty much all of them listed as having new copies on the main site though............

piece of shit. how can a technology store be so incompetent.
Sounds like to me copies may have been converted to used? Most of the 3DS Pokemon have been on clearance for months.

For everyone getting their dicks in a knot over tanking tiv, just remembered you can sell on eBay. All you need is $41 to break even on a top teir switch game.

I really wouldn't worry about the TIV, it's just in flux from the sale, it'll work itself out over time. If you needed immediate boomerangs you should've done it right when the sale was started

anyone get anything shipped yet today? hoping my NES games ship out so I can play on the holiday

Not really a deal, but the weekly Gamestop ad this week had a misprint for Ys VIII on Switch for $19.99, it was supposed to be the Vita version of the game. I was able to price match the ad at Best Buy and get a Switch copy for $20, pretty happy to pick it up for so cheap since I already have the PS4 version and didn't want to double dip until it went on sale for Switch.
Do they still have print ads in the store? The online pdf is corrected. Worth a shot at that discount

ARMS is first party nintendo, so I would probably say ARMS?
Xenoblade is also a first-party Nintendo game.

Do they still have print ads in the store? The online pdf is corrected. Worth a shot at that discount
I used this image that someone on Reddit had and it worked for me. Definitely YMMV, the clerk I had yesterday had questioned the discount saying $20 off when it was really $40 off, I just said, "I guess Gamestop goofed on the discount because that is definitely a picture of the game on Switch and it even says the actual $59.99 price under the $19.99."

Which one is a better value holder, Xenoblade or ARMS?
For what it's worth, Xeno seems to always be in the upper half of [Trade Value sorted] value on page 1. Arms tends to be on the lowest row of page 1. From what I have been tracking, Xeno is sometimes a higher value than Arms but never lower. They are worth 22.5 base today, but 2 weeks ago both were 25.

For what it's worth, Xeno seems to always be in the upper half of [Trade Value sorted] value on page 1. Arms tends to be on the lowest row of page 1. From what I have been tracking, Xeno is sometimes a higher value than Arms but never lower. They are worth 22.5 base today, but 2 weeks ago both were 25.
Last night both were $25 base. I suspect both will go back up to at least $25 after the B2G1 promo ends on the 3rd.

Last night both were $25 base. I suspect both will go back up to at least $25 after the B2G1 promo ends on the 3rd.
You're right. I should have said they both were worth $25 for most (if not all) of the past two weeks (until today). I'm kicking myself for not having sold my DKong & a few more games last night to buy them back today (and hold until the prices bump back up again).

Giving this thread a bump as a courtesy to the CAG newbies that don't have the time to figure out that there's a usually a B2G1 free sale every July 4th week.

Nothing for me in the Summer Game Day sale.  Maybe, Lego City if I have the extra money.

Wish I had seen your post before I went to swap out Xeno for ARMS. Oh well, thanks for the info.

For $15 I'll try out Elex but no sure if on ps4 or x1.
I can't comment on the quality of Elex myself having not played it. It looks pretty awful though, but the Xbox One version has a slightly higher Metaciritc score than the PS4 version. I am sure the Xbox One versions quality depends on if you are playing on a One X or not though too.

But the vita version is still full priced?

The hell happened to trade in promos at bestbuy? Hopefully target comes through soon with their crazy trade in promos.
Best Buy hasn’t had trade-in promos for like 2 years now unfortunately. I had to transition over to Gamestop for all my gaming purchases. Too bad as BB used to kill it with their deals and GCU.

This current weekly ad?

Compelling evidence. But I also realized I have it listed at 370 in a spreadsheet I made to work out how much my many PS4 purchasing options would cost out-of-pocket so now I'm even less sure that there wasn't a stealth drop in the intervening ten days between Days of Play and now.

At this point I'm gaslighting myself. I'll probably just say screw it, get a new one and three games instead of two, and justify the extravagance as birthday spending.
Blackbeard is that you? :razz:

So hit up a few gamestops on the way home from work. Ended up with Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Kirby Star Allies, Pokken Rd, and Super Mario Odyssey for flips. Got ARMS and Mario Kart 8 for friends and Mario Tennis and Detroit for myself. The question is do I flip now with the stealth drop and 50% or hold on to them until values normalize? Any advice?

So hit up a few gamestops on the way home from work. Ended up with Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Kirby Star Allies, Pokken Rd, and Super Mario Odyssey for flips. Got ARMS and Mario Kart 8 for friends and Mario Tennis and Detroit for myself. The question is do I flip now with the stealth drop and 50% or hold on to them until values normalize? Any advice?
I would hold until the b2g1 is over, the values won't go any lower for Nintendo games and will likely rebound once the sale is over and stock is depleted. Plus the 50% goes until the 8th so no fear in missing out on that.

Just seeing that the trade values from yesterday all dropped. Instead of getting ~$20 per flip, it’s now only ~$6. That’s too bad. Last year was legendary compared to this.

Just seeing that the trade values from yesterday all dropped. Instead of getting ~$20 per flip, it’s now only ~$6. That’s too bad. Last year was legendary compared to this.
yeah its weird. almost as of an exploit was widely advertised, and they decided to prevent it in the future

btw googling "gamestop reddit" gives you this

https://youtu.be/xxQEIew-3Zs

yeah its weird. almost as of an exploit was widely advertised, and they decided to prevent it in the future

btw googling "gamestop reddit" gives you this

https://youtu.be/xxQEIew-3Zs
Absolutely. There was a post on the PS4 subreddit that outlined it completely. The post blew up and gaming blogs and forums were talking about it.

Wish there was a way to let people know how stupid that is. If you want to tell your friends in real life then go ahead, but to tell everyone on the Internet was incredibly short sighted.

Absolutely. There was a post on the PS4 subreddit that outlined it completely. The post blew up and gaming blogs and forums were talking about it.

Wish there was a way to let people know how stupid that is. If you want to tell your friends in real life then go ahead, but to tell everyone on the Internet was incredibly short sighted.
Yeah if you're gaming the system to an extreme level it's not worth posting it out, that's gonna get it immediately shut down for everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back