2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sad thing is that there are people who simply want to play these games but they can't because you guys are buying them to flip from store to the next, moving credit from one store, holding on to them for the chance they might increase in value instead of contributing to society and getting a job, etc. At least the unethical activity in this thread has died down lately, no doubt helped by the information I have screencaptured, archived, and saved in a file that is a few GBs and growing to GS corporate.

Use the promos and shop as intended and you won't have to worry about this stuff. But no, everyone would rather take advantage and then paly the victim when things don't go their way.
And if anyone knows the whereabouts of Dealseeker or Blackbeard, please contact me immediately or have them contact me. Me and Blackbeard will be making a truce soon and fighting against the corruption of these so-called "deals" sites and will be starting our own. He doesn't know it yet, but I will make him a cash offer he can't refuse. The same for Dealseeker, another legend who was banned.
tenor.gif

IATCG was a neckbeard having mouth breather living in his parents'

basement years ago...I can only imagine what he became in his late 40s.  Godspeed old friend.

Can someone post the video of that dude getting arrested at Walmart for video cable return fraud or whatever the heck it was.

Is there a limit to how many controllers you can trade in at one time? Also, are store's able to see trade-ins made on the same day? I was planning on trading the allotted amount of games and controllers at one store and then taking the rest to a store 10 minutes away, but won't bother if it runs the risk of causing trouble.

I'm sure these questions have been asked in the past, but I didn't see them in the OP and it feels like GameStop is constantly shifting the rules nowadays.

Is there a limit to how many controllers you can trade in at one time? Also, are store's able to see trade-ins made on the same day? I was planning on trading the allotted amount of games and controllers at one store and then taking the rest to a store 10 minutes away, but won't bother if it runs the risk of causing trouble.

I'm sure these questions have been asked in the past, but I didn't see them in the OP and it feels like GameStop is constantly shifting the rules nowadays.
They cannot see same day transactions, I would assume 4 in 30 days like games but don't quote me on that. Maybe someone else can chime in to definitively answer that one.

They generally don't care about how many controllers you trade in at once, just don't do more than 4 in 30 days or you'll get banned. Games are one game per transaction per day so don't go crazy on those if you have multiples.

Can your account get into trouble if you let your friend from across the country use your power up phone number so they get the elite price on a used game? I’ve done a similar thing my Best Buy and it was no biggie..
I've never personally heard of something like that happening, but this is GS, so anything is possible. I had my account blocked years ago, contacted CS, they said the account was fine. Of course I couldn't place any orders, but they had no reason as to why. So that was just another reason for me to avoid them at all cost. This year I have shopped locally twice, once to get the Wolfenstein CE( for $30 I think), and the other was to buy my son Detective P. Both transactions where a one and done, but ordering online or buying used site unseen is a road I'm not going down. And good luck to those that do.

For the 40% bonus trade toward xbl, psn. Is it return to put in the full amount or will $10 card trigger the full bonus?
You don't have to put it all towards a gift card, just enough to cover it. What you do with the rest is your business.

Just make sure they do a physical card. The stores near me tried to screw people out of the deal by setting up a digital code instead(which won't trigger the bonus) when the deal started.

IATCG was a neckbeard having mouth breather living in his parents'
basement years ago...I can only imagine what he became in his late 40s. Godspeed old friend.
Literally. He was a fatassed loafer moving cars part time for an auto auction or something - and trying to return bikes without receipts to Wal Mart. Let’s not forget that but of YouTube glory. 😂😂😂

Who needs Kylie Jenner when IATCG has become a self made dollar-aire?!?

selling B2G1 tied to your account is a nice way for you to get banned when the person uses it 

also - who videotapes that, reviews the footage, and goes you know what?  I look awesome - this is going on the internet to show how awesome I am?    all sorts of red flags go up  but I do't want to write anything stupid so I wont

altho to keep it positive, that actually one of the few times I've seen "good" use of a a wrist mount for a Go Pro or whatever... I always wondered who chooses that over a helmet mount

TBH he was well within his right to request that the receipt not be marked since it isn't a posted policy that I'm aware of, simply employee procedure. The muscle out of uniform they brought in to confront the issue is probably one of the worst examples of customer service I've ever seen, but it is Walmart. Despite the wrong on both sides, they didn't defuse the situation well and calling police to arrest someone who, at least in the video, was just being antagonistic is a pretty poor way to handle a customer who didn't want his receipt marked. Why not let him hang himself with return fraud, a charge that would actually stick, in the future if he shows up to return a bike again? It's not like they don't already have his license on record associated with the return, which would raise red flags if he's doing it often.

I applaud both sides for sticking to their convictions, even though they acted like pricks about it. My favorite part was the guy smiling saying how he loved his job. He couldn't even point to a sign where it stated the policies he was trying to uphold. Yeah, you're a real poster hero for Walmart eh boi. . .

Can your account get into trouble if you let your friend from across the country use your power up phone number so they get the elite price on a used game? I’ve done a similar thing my Best Buy and it was no biggie..
At my store I heard the rep tell a customer ahead me to allow his friend to use his phone number. Specifically the rep said “your friend will get discounted games, and you would get the points, both win”.

So I think I've seen people mention it before, but can you trade in a controller that is missing a bit of the rubber in the thumbstick? I wanted to trade in some wii nunchucks but was immediately shot down (then again, this particular employee is super anal when it comes to trades).

So I think I've seen people mention it before, but can you trade in a controller that is missing a bit of the rubber in the thumbstick? I wanted to trade in some wii nunchucks but was immediately shot down (then again, this particular employee is super anal when it comes to trades).
They will hit u with a refurbish fee. They did that when trading a Ps3 controller . The employee took the replacement thumb covers off and said he still has to do it. He said I was lucky that he’s willing to take it. I wanted to say something, but let it slide.
In my head... really? U sold a customer a used copy at the new price and want to nick pick? FYI at least he gave the thumb covers back.

They will hit u with a refurbish fee. They did that when trading a Ps3 controller . The employee took the replacement thumb covers off and said he still has to do it. He said I was lucky that he’s willing to take it. I wanted to say something, but let it slide.
In my head... really? U sold a customer a used copy at the new price and want to nick pick? FYI at least he gave the thumb covers back.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Even considered the thumbstick cover thing... but since they're Wii nunchucks I know it wouldn't fly and I'd be even more likely to get rejected lol.

I need to find some cheap, good, high quality covers that actually look like oem ones that are super snug.

Traded in a wireless PS3 controller missing a thumb grip yesterday. Pretty nice score as I think the employee keyed in the wrong thing...was supposed to be $10 base, I thought, and ended up $20 base ($21 after elite bonus less refurb fee.)

Traded in a wireless PS3 controller missing a thumb grip yesterday. Pretty nice score as I think the employee keyed in the wrong thing...was supposed to be $10 base, I thought, and ended up $20 base ($21 after elite bonus less refurb fee.)
They rang it up as a Dual Shock 3 controller instead of a Sixaxis controller. Apparently there's a $10 difference in trade value between the two due to rumble support.

2 questions I am a n00b so sorry in advance.

Just got a Switch so I no longer need a PS4.

1. Is it worth trading my PS4 in to GameStop for Cash (I am not a Pro member or anything) If not, how about credit?

2. What's the highest trade in amount you've seen lately for a PS4? It's the original PS4

Thanks!

Wow. I didn't even realize that DealSeeker2U was banned. Been a long time since I ventured into the Amazon Warehouse Deals threads.

2 questions I am a n00b so sorry in advance.

Just got a Switch so I no longer need a PS4.

1. Is it worth trading my PS4 in to GameStop for Cash (I am not a Pro member or anything) If not, how about credit?

2. What's the highest trade in amount you've seen lately for a PS4? It's the original PS4

Thanks!
If you want cash I'd recommend selling it yourself locally or online. You'll be able to get around $100-$150 for the system easily selling it yourself. Gamestop will give you $130 credit or $104 cash regardless of your membership status with them. If you just want to pick up some games for your new Switch maybe the in-store credit is the best bet for you since you won't have to worry about selling it yourself.

TBH he was well within his right to request that the receipt not be marked since it isn't a posted policy that I'm aware of, simply employee procedure. The muscle out of uniform they brought in to confront the issue is probably one of the worst examples of customer service I've ever seen, but it is Walmart. Despite the wrong on both sides, they didn't defuse the situation well and calling police to arrest someone who, at least in the video, was just being antagonistic is a pretty poor way to handle a customer who didn't want his receipt marked. Why not let him hang himself with return fraud, a charge that would actually stick, in the future if he shows up to return a bike again? It's not like they don't already have his license on record associated with the return, which would raise red flags if he's doing it often.

I applaud both sides for sticking to their convictions, even though they acted like pricks about it. My favorite part was the guy smiling saying how he loved his job. He couldn't even point to a sign where it stated the policies he was trying to uphold. Yeah, you're a real poster hero for Walmart eh boi. . .
Maybe theres another video I didnt see, I dont know if there was any kind of shady return fraud going on, but it appeared to me this arrogant know it all was getting loud and giving the little 110lb female cs girl a rash of nonsense over a simple little thing like crossing the item off the receipt, which is her job to do, and the security guys came over probably because someone called them for fear this guy might be some unstable ahole being disorderly and making a scene, its their job to protect property and staff by maintaining a safe and secure environment, not to get into a dialog with an ahole, I hope the cops locked him up and beat his ass......

If you want cash I'd recommend selling it yourself locally or online. You'll be able to get around $100-$150 for the system easily selling it yourself. Gamestop will give you $130 credit or $104 cash regardless of your membership status with them. If you just want to pick up some games for your new Switch maybe the in-store credit is the best bet for you since you won't have to worry about selling it yourself.
Thanks! Website says it's $108 for Cash right now.

I sort of want to buy Switch games, but not pay $60 for them at GameStop so I am torn.
You could use the credit to get a Pro membership then wait a few days for your buy 2 get 1 free coupon for signing up. You can then pick up 3 top tier switch games for about $110 depending on tax in your state.

You could trade in the PS4, use the credit to get a Elite Pro membership and they give you a B2G1 coupon. You can get three top switch games for around $92 with the coupon and the membership.

You could use the credit to get a Pro membership then wait a few days for your buy 2 get 1 free coupon for signing up. You can then pick up 3 top tier switch games for about $110 depending on tax in your state.
2 interesting ideas, thank you! I just know I will never ever use the Elite Pro or Pro again, as I usually order things from Amazon/Digitally

Thanks! Website says it's $108 for Cash right now.
My bad, I hadn't had much coffee when I posted that but I meant to say $108.

2 interesting ideas, thank you! I just know I will never ever use the Elite Pro or Pro again, as I usually order things from Amazon/Digitally
I thought the same thing before I signed up for the Elite Pro. Gamestop tends to send out some pretty decent coupons and they have sales where you need to be an Elite Pro member in order to take full advantage of things like the 70% extra trade-in credit deal. With my GCU up in November, I am probably going to end up buying most of my new games at Gamestop.

It's worth noting / restating that it pays for itself very quickly, so even if you let it lapse without using it again you'll have your money's worth after just the B2G1 coupon.

Also, for all the whining people do about a 60 dollar game being 55 dollars used (like every first-party Nintendo title that isn't 57 instead), after the 20 percent off from Elite Pro you're getting it for right around 45 dollars - 25 percent off the new price. With the passing of GCU and Amazon's preorder stuff getting more and more restrictive, that's about the best steady deal you're going to find. And Nintendo basically doesn't do sales when compared to any other platform.

In your situation - assuming you're looking to build a Switch collection from scratch - the two B2G1 coupons from Elite Pro means for something like 210 bucks (45*4 + 30) you could get six games that would have been 360 dollars otherwise (around 40 percent off). It might require a little footwork depending on what you're after, but there's a robust enough selection of Switch games still at that price point it's easily doable in the three months before the coupons expire.

went to trade in a $45 FB marketplace haul at my usual store. started looking through the ds games to find a $1 game and they stopped me since they already had one at the counter ready to be scanned and they were telling me how they've basically been doing it for everyone trading in games. love my store. even gave them a GPG on the game and just left it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back