2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay this will probably be my last load of games to trade in. I've got $385 credit now.

DS GTA Chinatown  $25.50

DS Mario 64 DS$25.50

DS Mario Kart DS $22.10

DS Spyro a New Beginning $17.00

DS Plants vs Zombies $17.00

GBA Barbie Groovy Games $3.40

GBA The Sims Bustin Out $1.70

GBA Disney Princess Royal Adventure $3.40

GBA Pac-Man NES Classic $1.70

GBA Midways Greatest Arcade Hits $1.28

Wii New Super Mario Bros Wii $20.40

Wii Family Feud 2010 Edition $15.30

PS3 Blitz The League II $17.00

That price on GTA Chinatown, Mario Kart DS and Mario 64 DS is almost double the ebay value, plus I kept the cases and manuals to resell.   Plants vs Zombie was my loose copy. I turned around and bought a complete copy for $12... Upgraded and made a couple bucks. The GBA games I was just happy to get anything, selling them on ebay I would have been lucky to break even after shipping and fees. My PS3 Spyro Dawn of the Dragon and PS2 Jurassic Park Operation Genesis were in the $40 range but I decided to keep them.

Do you have to pay off a console Pre-Order at one time , or does it work like games?
It is $50 I pre-ordered last night but had to drive over 50 miles because my local game stop had issues ordering it. When the girl entered the sku it came up as madden coins.

Also certain games are more than $5 down I had to pay $25 for a $150 Collectors edition.

Hoping for a good trade in deal to swap my Xbox 1 S for a PS4 Pro...but now with the Spiderman Pro I'm tempted to preorder that instead.

I just used a B2G1 coupon I received within the past few days for renewing Elite account and it did NOT apply to multiple sets.

ATTENTION

if your B2g1 expires 7/31 it works on multiple sets

If the dates are past that and expire In September it only works on 1 set!

This is a new batch

Multiple worked on the old batch!

Is there any way to convert rewards points to xbox credit?  Not sure if it's good on that sort of thing

edit: nevermind... And I'm leaving the dumb post up just so I can be laughed at

Switch went up to $220 base. Time to combine it with the $30 extra TIC promo and say goodbye after playing only one game on it.
You sound like me...

I think I'll be doing this when I wake up... haven't fired up the Switch in a year at least. Should I take off the screen protector first?

Nice if the switch stays @ $220 for the cash same as credit I'll be good lol still sitting on two extra from the b2g1 free sale. Which I burned off my extra trade-in credit on..

Can a store manager put a trade hold on your account? I was at one store and his asshole manager refused to accept my trade because he doesn't "want people milking the 70% deal." I went to another store and they said that there's now a trade hold on my account. I'm not sure if there's actually a hold on my account or if they just call the other store because it was fairly close by

Can a store manager put a trade hold on your account? I was at one store and his asshole manager refused to accept my trade because he doesn't "want people milking the 70% deal." I went to another store and they said that there's now a trade hold on my account. I'm not sure if there's actually a hold on my account or if they just call the other store because it was fairly close by
What did you do suspicious? Why wouldn't they want you to participate in this deal that is very "circle of life," (trading and buying used to even get the deal) ?

What did you do suspicious? Why wouldn't they want you to participate in this deal that is very "circle of life," (trading and buying used to even get the deal) ?
Nothing that I thought. Most of the disc games have cases. He was scrolling for a while before he even started processing some. Got through 3 DS games then freaked out and said "Im not doing this. I dont want people milking the 70% bonus."

They werent even all high value games. I had some $2 and $3 360 games in there.

Edit: I dont know what he was scrolling for. It was after I gave my number for the account. I last did a trade on Monday at my usual store, which is the one near my office. Today I went to the one near home

Nothing that I thought. Most of the disc games have cases. He was scrolling for a while before he even started processing some. Got through 3 DS games then freaked out and said "Im not doing this. I dont want people milking the 70% bonus."

Edit: I dont know what he was scrolling for. It was after I gave my number for the account. I last did a trade on Monday at my usual store, which is the one near my office. Today I went to the one near home
I would definitely call customer service to at least get your "trade hold" taken off. I don't see how it would be within his rights to even have any control over you using the promo. There are no limitations as far as number of games or amount of trade credit, other than the ones that apply with or without promos.

I had somebody do this during last year's trade Bonanza. He looked up my history and then denied trades. I was flipping the games from store to store. Were you flipping games or just trading in?

I had somebody do this during last year's trade Bonanza. He looked up my history and then denied trades. I was flipping the games from store to store. Were you flipping games or just trading in?
Just trading in. None were GS to GS flips. My last transaction was from Monday.

I just called customer service and they said it can take 5 days for an account review

I would definitely call customer service to at least get your "trade hold" taken off. I don't see how it would be within his rights to even have any control over you using the promo. There are no limitations as far as number of games or amount of trade credit, other than the ones that apply with or without promos.
I called CS. They said it can take 5 days for them to review my account. In the meantime, I cant trade 😑

I know this is late, since the 70% TIC promo is almost over, but if you're looking to convert your points to GS credit:

Need for speed most wanted (xbox 360, original version): 24k points -> $25.50 TIC w/ elite + 70% promo

New Super mario bros wii: 20k points -> $20.40 credit

You shouldn't have to worry about tax since the coupons bring the subtotal for each down to 0.00, and you get 3x points (for elite) on trade-in as well

Agree, good advice. Conversely, if a employee does a good job, take the 5 minutes and do the survey. Those surveys are a big deal to them.
Oh I do. The employees at my usual store know I do them. They know me by name and are always recommending stuff for me (specific to me) and we often just talk about gaming. I go when theyre slow so I can spend some time with the employees. One guy made a cool mini arcade cabinet he was excited to show me. Love that store.

Edit: Just left a really bad review for the store. I wished I wrote down his name but I gave them the date and time so they should be able to identify the manager

Went to make a sizable trade yesterday, and after they rang everything up, when they put in my DL info, they got the message I had exceeded the trade limit.  I've never actually hit the limit before, and didn't think I had now, but then remembered - that Switch promo during E3.  $250 in credit I never even factored in mentally.  The store manager implied once the 30 days rolled past I would be fine.  Alas, by then the 70% bump will be long gone.

Oh well, still have enough TC to pre-order the Spidey PS4 Pro, grab a couple of the SDCC exclusive figures, and take care of any stuff that may come up in the interim.

Tbh I think a lot of the people here would just wait out a ban. An account review would be a death sentence for many lol

Tbh I think a lot of the people here would just wait out a ban. An account review would be a death sentence for many lol
I found out my main account is totally trade banned after not making any trades for about seven months, so there's no harm in calling at that point!

Yep. This is why I added the part about not flipping to the earlier guy. But if you're just a regular trader who takes advantage of the promos, then fire away.
In my case the girl at the register called to see if they could lift it at least temporarily to do the trade, but was told said department was off for the day. So I suspect in trying to be nice, she's caused an account review to occur, but I'm not much for boomerangs, so *hopefully* all ends well.

I just thought it was odd she implied that once 30 days had passed since my last trade, I should be good to go. I figured my goose was cooked for 90 days period if I had crossed the 2k mark.

Tempted to trade NCAA 14 in now but with a bump it's usually $20 base in August...combining that with even a 30 percent promo would get me $26 compared to $25.5 now...but that is assuming a bump.

How hard is it to find cheap copies of games like Blitz the League, NCAA14 etc that if not for a wise enough game store or pawn shop owner would be piled with contemporary games that cost $1 or two?

Is it just that enough of “us” have scooped them up?

I don’t know how to automate craigslist like people do with eBay, so I’m not really of mind or patience to search CL every day or so for “NCAA” hoping someone has a 360 “lot” with it in it.

How hard is it to find cheap copies of games like Blitz the League, NCAA14 etc that if not for a wise enough game store or pawn shop owner would be piled with contemporary games that cost $1 or two?

Is it just that enough of “us” have scooped them up?

I don’t know how to automate craigslist like people do with eBay, so I’m not really of mind or patience to search CL every day or so for “NCAA” hoping someone has a 360 “lot” with it in it.
I went to some pawn shops today and one had NCAA 14 for $50 and Fight Night Champion for $40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back