2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a couple figures I wanted to preorder that went 20% off with the current promo. I saw that there's a "Pre-order and pickup in store" option in checkout. Is that the same as the normal pickup option that they just hold it for you and you pay in store, or does it count as a real preorder? Don't want to get hosed out of the sale price.

There's a couple figures I wanted to preorder that went 20% off with the current promo. I saw that there's a "Pre-order and pickup in store" option in checkout. Is that the same as the normal pickup option that they just hold it for you and you pay in store, or does it count as a real preorder? Don't want to get hosed out of the sale price.
pretty sure its just like normal pickup, as in, you pay what it costs in store when you get it

i had an issue a few weeks ago where the price in the app said 14.99 for gears of war 4. in store it rang up 19.99 and the guy refused to give it to me for 14.99 even though it didnt say online only anywhere. finally the manager heard me arguing with him (after he said thd system wouldn't let him match it) and she came over and said tothe guy "dude, honestly its 5 dollars just do it" and she adjusted the price.

so, just be aware trying to get them to match online prices in-store coukd be ymmv

Does Gamestop match their online price for statues in store? I want to get the Genji Overwatch statue at a store.
They're not supposed to match if the prices actually are different.

However, they're usually the same unless noted online only (as previously stated)

I've had an online order for some xbox gift cards stuck in processing for a few days now. Should I think about contacting support, or wait it out a little longer? I'm only wondering because another order I made around the same time went through and I got the codes just fine.

I've had an online order for some xbox gift cards stuck in processing for a few days now. Should I think about contacting support, or wait it out a little longer? I'm only wondering because another order I made around the same time went through and I got the codes just fine.
have you clicked on the order # in your order history? i have double digit orders still "processing" but the code is there in the order details page

Just traded in a switch for $220 cash. Looks like they made the trade in process more thorough lol they printed out like 9 page guide to do the trade in.

Regarding GS’s website, is there a better way to check if a store has inventory (select a pickup store) than randomly putting in cities and zip codes into the map? I’m looking to possibly get a game transferred from a store that has it in stock (~400 miles away) to my local store...would they do that? I have some games to trade in and was thinking of reopening my account that’s been dormant for years, that way I can get the 70% trade in credit, renew my membership and see if they’ll get the game transferred for me then, since it won’t be some random dude off the street asking them to transfer a game from San Francisco area to the San Fernando Valley...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regarding GS’s website, is there a better way to check if a store has inventory (select a pickup store) than randomly putting in cities and zip codes into the map? I’m looking to possibly get a game transferred from a store that has it in stock (~400 miles away) to my local store...would they do that? I have some games to trade in and was thinking of reopening my account that’s been dormant for years, that way I can get the 70% trade in credit, renew my membership and see if they’ll get the game transferred for me then, since it won’t be some random dude off the street asking them to transfer a game from San Francisco area to the San Fernando Valley...
I've had success with at least one store transfer nearly on the other side of the country, but it depends on whether the far-away store will answer the phone when your store calls. It might help if you call that other store before conducting your trade so you can confirm they have the game in question first.

Inter store-to-store transfer is highly unlikely/YMMV since it's different districts.

However, I have done this before for a few customers when I worked there.

have you clicked on the order # in your order history? i have double digit orders still "processing" but the code is there in the order details page
Yeah I checked and the codes aren't there unfortunately. I'll give it a little longer, but I'm not looking forward to dealing with gamestop customer service.

Careful today people when you decide to take advantage of the Cash = Credit thing.

Went to trade in my PS4 in my Bensonhurst Brooklyn area.  The manager tells me because of a glitch, they cannot accept that offer.  Instead, it went back to the old prices and then told me to come back tomorrow for the system to be fixed.

What a goddamn joke. False advertisement people, Yes it technically started today but thanks to the "Glitch", it starts tomorrow.  Gamestop at its finest.

I've had luck with a store out of Washington state send an item to Minnesota. That was the one and only time it's worked. I've tried for another item at a store out of Oklahoma and they appeared to have agreed to send it, but I've tried via 2 local stores in the last couple months and it never showed up.

It's mostly up to the remote store and if they are willing to send it. One thing to note is that Thinkgeek stores might show up in results, likely not my games, and they will not ever ship items.

Careful today people when you decide to take advantage of the Cash = Credit thing.

Went to trade in my PS4 in my Bensonhurst Brooklyn area. The manager tells me because of a glitch, they cannot accept that offer. Instead, it went back to the old prices and then told me to come back tomorrow for the system to be fixed.

What a goddamn joke. False advertisement people, Yes it technically started today but thanks to the "Glitch", it starts tomorrow. Gamestop at its finest.
This is a pretty uninformed post. What would they gain from delaying the promo by a day? If there was a glitch, it's obviously not intended to disrupt anything. I'm surprised you didn't say "bait and switch" like people in a holiday shopping thread.

If the employees at your store are cool, they'll call and ask if the other store can ship it. However, the other store will often throw in worthless garbage that they can't sell, so some managers are reluctant to do it (somewhat understandably). I've had them do that for a few things in the past like used amiibos. The last thing I had them do was toon link amiibo that was shipped from Brooklyn to the Philly area.

Went to trade in my PS4 in my Bensonhurst Brooklyn area. The manager tells me because of a glitch, they cannot accept that offer. Instead, it went back to the old prices and then told me to come back tomorrow for the system to be fixed.

What a goddamn joke. False advertisement people, Yes it technically started today but thanks to the "Glitch", it starts tomorrow. Gamestop at its finest.
I finally found the reason i can’t find Switch games in my area to flip.

This is a pretty uninformed post. What would they gain from delaying the promo by a day? If there was a glitch, it's obviously not intended to disrupt anything. I'm surprised you didn't say "bait and switch" like people in a holiday shopping thread.
This happened to me today. I went to trade in my Switch for $220. I went in and the associate knew nothing about the cash same as credit promotion. I pulled it up on my phone but she was still unsure. She tried calling customer service but the line was busy. She then told me to read the fine print and said this type of promo is not usually available in my area. I told her the site lists the stores that are not eligible for the promo but she still refused to approve it.

I left and called customer service and the message said I could be on hold for over 60 minutes. Luckily, I was on hold for just 5 minutes. I was told they were having technical difficulties and the promo did not go out to all the store's POS. She said the promo is valid and the store should call customer service to verify the promo.

I called another local store and they said the promo is valid and the store I was just at needs to do an update on their POS. He said I could come to their store if I wanted or I could go back to the closer store and have them call them and they would help.

I drove back to the first store and before I could explain she advised she was wrong and right after I left she performed an update and is now seeing the cash same as credit promo in the system. After about 10 minutes I was out the door with my $220.

This happened to me today. I went to trade in my Switch for $220. I went in and the associate knew nothing about the cash same as credit promotion. I pulled it up on my phone but she was still unsure. She tried calling customer service but the line was busy. She then told me to read the fine print and said this type of promo is not usually available in my area. I told her the site lists the stores that are not eligible for the promo but she still refused to approve it.

I left and called customer service and the message said I could be on hold for over 60 minutes. Luckily, I was on hold for just 5 minutes. I was told they were having technical difficulties and the promo did not go out to all the store's POS. She said the promo is valid and the store should call customer service to verify the promo.

I called another local store and they said the promo is valid and the store I was just at needs to do an update on their POS. He said I could come to their store if I wanted or I could go back to the closer store and have them call them and they would help.

I drove back to the first store and before I could explain she advised she was wrong and right after I left she performed an update and is now seeing the cash same as credit promo in the system. After about 10 minutes I was out the door with my $220.
Seriously?? Then the manager in my area is a f*****ing idiot. He claims he cannot do a goddamn thing and simply to come back the next day. I didn't simply drive up to that place, I had to carry it for 15 blocks in 90 degree weather and it weighs more than 10 lbs. At the end, I decided to take the old value cash.. it was $35 less so whatever, it's not like its $100 more. Wasn't gonna chug it all the way home after that hot weather walk lol

Seriously?? Then the manager in my area is a f*****ing idiot. He claims he cannot do a goddamn thing and simply to come back the next day. I didn't simply drive up to that place, I had to carry it for 15 blocks in 90 degree weather and it weighs more than 10 lbs. At the end, I decided to take the old value cash.. it was $35 less so whatever, it's not like its $100 more. Wasn't gonna chug it all the way home after that hot weather walk lol
Sorry to hear about that. Gamestop employees are notorious for not knowing their own promos. Normally you let the POS do all the work but if the POS is wrong or out of date then you may be SOL.

When talking to customer service, I was told the promo is good until 8/12 so I could wait until the technical issues were fixed and the updates went out to all stores. But knowing Gamestop, if I waited a few days the trade value would plummet. I did not want to risk it so I made calls to make sure I could do the transaction today.

Sorry to hear about that. Gamestop employees are notorious for not knowing their own promos. Normally you let the POS do all the work but if the POS is wrong or out of date then you may be SOL.

When talking to customer service, I was told the promo is good until 8/12 so I could wait until the technical issues were fixed and the updates went out to all stores. But knowing Gamestop, if I waited a few days the trade value would plummet. I did not want to risk it so I made calls to make sure I could do the transaction today.
Lesson learned. Your right, the trade value would either go rock bottom or even go up, nobody knows.. better to play it safe and trade early. Interestingly enough, when he inputted my ps4 system on, it showed up as $145 on the screen (Trade credit current value) but Cash value was $115. Dude didn't even attempt to fix the problem like what you said in your post, he just shrugged it off and hoping I would go away quick cause there was other customers behind me. And we wonder why Gamestop stock has been falling and revenue decreasing now.

Traded in a ton of accessories with the 70% bump in CA today.  Was able to off 4 Wii knock off sensor bars I got on ebay for a couple bucks each for $13.60 in credit each.  Also traded back the 360 controllers I got from the glitch for $17 each which is ironically more than I paid for them.  They also took a Dual Shock 3 with a huge crack in it that I got at goodwill for $1.  The refurb fee was still only $3 despite the crack.

next time pack G Fuel!

Traded in a ton of accessories with the 70% bump in CA today. Was able to off 4 Wii knock off sensor bars I got on ebay for a couple bucks each for $13.60 in credit each. Also traded back the 360 controllers I got from the glitch for $17 each which is ironically more than I paid for them. They also took a Dual Shock 3 with a huge crack in it that I got at goodwill for $1. The refurb fee was still only $3 despite the crack.
Is it 70% with preowned purchase or just a straight 70%?

Is it 70% with preowned purchase or just a straight 70%?
Straight 70%. It's our "consolation prize" from not getting the "cash = credit" promo but yeah. The amount to be made on Wii remotes and accessories is kind of insane. Hell I grabbed three Xbox 360 Component Cables from a thrift store here for $.50 each and got $5 each.

Traded in a ton of accessories with the 70% bump in CA today. Was able to off 4 Wii knock off sensor bars I got on ebay for a couple bucks each for $13.60 in credit each. Also traded back the 360 controllers I got from the glitch for $17 each which is ironically more than I paid for them. They also took a Dual Shock 3 with a huge crack in it that I got at goodwill for $1. The refurb fee was still only $3 despite the crack.
Thanks for the confirm. Going to trade in some switch accessories that have been sitting around for a while and hopefully wait for a SB on Friday.

Is gamestop.com cripplingly slow for everyone else? Takes 5 minutes to "attempt" to log in, then the server just times out.  Same even if I'm trying to browse games... happening on both my wifi connection and LTE

Is gamestop.com cripplingly slow for everyone else? Takes 5 minutes to "attempt" to log in, then the server just times out. Same even if I'm trying to browse games... happening on both my wifi connection and LTE
I think their website is down. I can't get on the site or the app. I was going to go pick something up in store but I don't want to risk it if their computer can't bring up my trade credit

So does GameStop not give cash for anything in California? Not even systems? People only talk about it during cash bump promos, but it’d be a weird law if it was only blocked during promos like “extra $30”.

Damn need to convert this gs and bb credit to cash
I just keep ending up with more games that end up sitting on my shelf. Not sure what's going on in my area, and maybe people blew all their money on vacations, but I haven't sold anything in like 2-3 weeks on Facebook marketplace.

So does GameStop not give cash for anything in California? Not even systems? People only talk about it during cash bump promos, but it’d be a weird law if it was only blocked during promos like “extra $30”.
You can get cash in California at all times, it's just the percentage never applied to us. It sucks because the website and app only show the "upped" cash trade in value, so you have to call or go in to find out the actual cash trade price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back