2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there was talk recently of the Elite B2G1 coupon being 1 set per use, do we know if that's true?
From what I’ve read here, if the coupon expiration date is 7/31, it works on multiple sets. If it’s 9/30, it’ll only work on one set. Coupon only has one use.

Picked up F Zero GX and Pikmin for $23.99 + tax from the sale. They were going to charge me $5.50 shipping so I added a $20 eShop card.Then deleted it out of my cart and free 2 day shipping came up even though it was under the $35 minimum. Probably a 0% chance of them working and having cases, but worth a shot. 

Do any brick stores actually still carry Dreamcast games or are they GS online only? I don't think I've looked in years...
No. All retro stuff is online only now. Some stores had started doing little retro sections with their trade-ins the past couple years, but GS corporate put a stop to it and now you can only find the retro stuff online. Which is a shame, really, since I'm much more likely to buy, say, a PS1 game if I can look at it and see it's complete and in good condition beforehand. And GameStop prices especially with elite beat mom and pop retro stores almost 100% of the time.

Do any brick stores actually still carry Dreamcast games or are they GS online only? I don't think I've looked in years..
Some used to. AFAIK they're online only now. A manager at a store that used to carry them said it was because there was no way for them to test any in store unless a system was traded in too, and they were having too many problems related to that.

No. All retro stuff is online only now. Some stores had started doing little retro sections with their trade-ins the past couple years, but GS corporate put a stop to it and now you can only find the retro stuff online. Which is a shame, really, since I'm much more likely to buy, say, a PS1 game if I can look at it and see it's complete and in good condition beforehand. And GameStop prices especially with elite beat mom and pop retro stores almost 100% of the time.
Thanks and I'd say I'd agree on being able to look in store. Still want to play Time Stalkers and a few other Dreamcast games.

Some used to. AFAIK they're online only now. A manager at a store that used to carry them said it was because there was no way for them to test any in store unless a system was traded in too, and they were having too many problems related to that.
My guess is due to stock reasons and store front initiatives/real estate they want it all consolidated together and not taking eyes off their ThinkGeek stuff. Or at least I'd bet dollars to dimes they don't really test anything. I've gotten some real janky retro shit from them online that's needed to go back. Even some straight up obvious counterfeit carts that any retro tester should have been able to spot.

Picked up F Zero GX and Pikmin for $23.99 + tax from the sale. They were going to charge me $5.50 shipping so I added a $20 eShop card.Then deleted it out of my cart and free 2 day shipping came up even though it was under the $35 minimum. Probably a 0% chance of them working and having cases, but worth a shot.
Yeah it's brutal. I've gotten so many non-working Gamecube discs that I've stopped buying completely. Hope those work for you.

Be careful when taking advantage of the B1G1 50%, I added two retro disc games to my cart and it didn't apply elite discount at all.

After adding and removing an unrelated cartridge game it showed back up.

-

On an unrelated note, I know we have the trade in limit of 4 of anything, however has anyone traded in a console + 4 of it's controllers?

I ask because I've recently traded in 3 wii motes for cash, and I might be trading in another Wii which includes wiimote, as well as another loose wiimote separately.

Yeah it's brutal. I've gotten so many non-working Gamecube discs that I've stopped buying completely. Hope those work for you.
Agreed, GC is the worst, SNES hit or miss on labels and if they work (probably 70% of the time they do and are in decent enough condition), N64 has almost always been great.

Any good 4 for $20 games to get?
Yes.

PS4:

Helldivers, Tearaway Unfolded, Steamworld Collection, Song of the Deep, Wuppo, Marvel Pinball, Cladun Returns, The Inner World, Book of Unwritten Tales, Rogue Stormers, Injustice Ultimate Ed, Shadow Warrior, Earth's Dawn, Guilty Gear Xrd Sign

Xbox One:

Victor Vran, Rare Replay, Battle Chasers

Yes.

PS4:
Helldivers, Tearaway Unfolded, Steamworld Collection, Song of the Deep, Wuppo, Marvel Pinball, Cladun Returns, The Inner World, Book of Unwritten Tales, Rogue Stormers, Injustice Ultimate Ed, Shadow Warrior, Earth's Dawn, Guilty Gear Xrd Sign

Xbox One:
Any Wii U?

Got the SB email stating "You have 5 game(s) worth $66.xx in credit."

NCAA Football 14

360: $15 base/$18.00 elite pro

PS3: $13.50 base/$16.20 elite pro

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360): $10.00 base/$12.00 elite pro :shock:

Call of Duty Black Ops 1 & 2 Combo Pack (360): $10.00 base/$12.00 elite pro

Got the SB email stating "You have 5 game(s) worth $66.xx in credit."

NCAA Football 14

360: $15 base/$18.00 elite pro

PS3: $13.50 base/$16.20 elite pro

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360): $10.00 base/$12.00 elite pro :shock:

Call of Duty Black Ops 1 & 2 Combo Pack (360): $10.00 base/$12.00 elite pro
Wow whats with those old things shooting up all of a sudden?

Back compact imminent? Also, those don’t seem like bump prices. Hoping today’s BS wasn’t “the bump”

no disrespect, its not all of a sudden, the ncaa stuff has some oddballs, the cod titles have been hovering, the combo pack is actually 1.20 less than it has been the last month, there are some anomalies within the old gen

NCAA FB 14 is the last in the series by EA Sports. They lost a lawsuit filed by former and (then) current players for using their likenesses without permission a few years ago. Don't know if the 360 version will ever go BC for play on Xbox One.

COD: MW3 recently went BC and COD: BO 1 & 2 are already BC. I guess GS is low on stock with these particular games (and others).

Yes.

PS4:

Xbox One:
I would add Dragon Age Inquisition to the 4 for $20 list.

NCAA FB 14 is the last in the series by EA Sports. They lost a lawsuit filed by former and (then) current players for using their likenesses without permission a few years ago. Don't know if the 360 version will ever go BC for play on Xbox One.

COD: MW3 recently went BC and COD: BO 1 & 2 are already BC. I guess GS is low on stock with these particular games (and others).
And I'm glad I traded in my NCAA 14 earlier in the week for $15 + 70% instead of hoping it would get a base bump today to $17 or $18. It actually slumped to $13.50 base today!

Props to whoever it was who scolded me when I said I wanted to wait until today to trade it.

I know there are some coincidences but I do think someone from corporate looks at the thread. I wouldn’t say mike like they are asking and begging for things. But wouldn’t take someone more than 30 min a day to see if some thing should be changed.

Like NSE staples not getting a typical boost after being mentioned a ton

Like NCAA 14

I know there are some coincidences but I do think someone from corporate looks at the thread. I wouldn’t say mike like they are asking and begging for things. But wouldn’t take someone more than 30 min a day to see if some thing should be changed.

Like NSE staples not getting a typical boost after being mentioned a ton

Like NCAA 14
More like they are running credit same as cash currently and they don't want to pay out more than $30 per game in cash, period. Even if you take a game like Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn that they normally sell for $69.99 Used, it will only net you $30 cash. Gamestop would much rather you get trade credit and stay in their circle of life ecosystem.

Naw cause NCAA Basketball 2010 was $15 base as well (the 2 games usually rise and fall together) and it did not drop. So someone is definitely looking at this thread. It's not 2008 anymore...this site is nobody's secret.

Naw cause NCAA Basketball 2010 was $15 base as well (the 2 games usually rise and fall together) and it did not drop. So someone is definitely looking at this thread. It's not 2008 anymore...this site is nobody's secret.
You do realize that exact thing has happened the last few months when the "Bump" e-mail goes out. This is typical retail at its finest. Advertise a sale even if its truly not a sale at all but it will drive foot traffic. A great recent example of this is Toys R Us and their liquidation. Most stores were cleaned out of anything recent for newer games by the time they hit 20% off. And even the junk that had dropped in retail price to say $20 everywhere else but the liquidation company moved back up to original MSRP and then dropped it 20%. The general public purchased all of that stuff why? It's simple that they had a perception of savings even if in reality they were getting screwed over and paying way too much for the items. Those customers felt that they were getting a deal and ultimately purchased. Gamestop is doing the exact same thing giving the perception of higher trade values. The savvy customers know better but we are like the 1% of their overall customer base.

You do realize that exact thing has happened the last few months when the "Bump" e-mail goes out. This is typical retail at its finest. Advertise a sale even if its truly not a sale at all but it will drive foot traffic. A great recent example of this is Toys R Us and their liquidation. Most stores were cleaned out of anything recent for newer games by the time they hit 20% off. And even the junk that had dropped in retail price to say $20 everywhere else but the liquidation company moved back up to original MSRP and then dropped it 20%. The general public purchased all of that stuff why? It's simple that they had a perception of savings even if in reality they were getting screwed over and paying way too much for the items. Those customers felt that they were getting a deal and ultimately purchased. Gamestop is doing the exact same thing giving the perception of higher trade values. The savvy customers know better but we are like the 1% of their overall customer base.
Lol, I'm not the quickest mind this late at night...are you agreeing that they monitor the site and change TIVs accordingly or disagreeing?

Sea of thieves got a bump from 20 to 24 for elite, state of decay 2 also bumped up from 12 to 14.40 for elite, fallout new Vegas ultimate got bumped to 9.60, red dead goty got bumped, halo mcc is 18 now was 14

I made a quick $400 with little effort with the Cali bonus. Most stuff I wasn't playing nor had a desire too. Now just need a good promo to get rid of my PS4 pro so I can prepare for my Spiderman edition.

Why not sell ncaa 14 for $40 that it goes for ? Probably will be going for $50 in the next few weeks
True. The savviest play is to weigh what you can get at GS vs eBay/FB marketplace and go to whichever market will give you the most. If it’s close GS is the play due to less hassle; if it’s not better to sell it on secondary market.

Lol, I'm not the quickest mind this late at night...are you agreeing that they monitor the site and change TIVs accordingly or disagreeing?
I'm basically stating that its the classic bait and switch. If Gamestop was truly reading the forum then you'd see the prices updated the next morning to reflect the decrease in values to ensure no profit can be made flipping. Again you have to realize that at least 98% of their customer base does not flip games. So if you truly believe that they base their entire business model on less than 2% of their customers you are crazy.

Worth trading the following now or wait for another possible 70% bump? I missed it due to work. Here is the trades....

Mario kart Wii $13.20
Super smash Bros Wii $12.10
Call of duty modern warfare 3 Xbox (read here it’s $11)
saints row 2 Ps3 $3.30
Fallout 3 $3.30

Ps3 slim 120 gb console $31

I got more Ps3 games like kingdom hearts, etc but was thinking of bundle it with console to sell
Is it better to hold on to sell via eBay or trade in to gs? Don’t sell or trade much.

Worth trading the following now or wait for another possible 70% bump? I missed it due to work. Here is the trades....

Mario kart Wii $13.20
Super smash Bros Wii $12.10
Call of duty modern warfare 3 Xbox (read here it’s $11)
saints row 2 Ps3 $3.30
Fallout 3 $3.30

Ps3 slim 120 gb console $31

I got more Ps3 games like kingdom hearts, etc but was thinking of bundle it with console to sell
Is it better to hold on to sell via eBay or trade in to gs? Don’t sell or trade much.

i never usually use cash same as credit promo, but i’m considering trading a few of my top tier switch games for cash versus the recent abysmal values. at 25/22 base the values are just too low even with 70% its only $42.50/$37.40. i’d almost prefer GS give me $30 cash and lose some personal profit then contribute to their COL at these garbage values/promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back