2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
i never usually use cash same as credit promo, but i’m considering trading a few of my top tier switch games for cash versus the recent abysmal values. at 25/22 base the values are just too low even with 70% its only $42.50/$37.40. i’d almost prefer GS give me $30 cash and lose some personal profit then contribute to their COL at these garbage values/promos.
I'm tempted to do the same thing today too tbh, if not just to get them out of my house. Debating on whether I could get more cash that way or by selling them locally or an Amazon. Hmm.

Worth trading the following now or wait for another possible 70% bump? I missed it due to work. Here is the trades....

Mario kart Wii $13.20
Super smash Bros Wii $12.10
Call of duty modern warfare 3 Xbox (read here it’s $11)
saints row 2 Ps3 $3.30
Fallout 3 $3.30

Ps3 slim 120 gb console $31

I got more Ps3 games like kingdom hearts, etc but was thinking of bundle it with console to sell
Is it better to hold on to sell via eBay or trade in to gs? Don’t sell or trade much.
PS3 slim? I'll buy it for $50 off of you...

None of those games are worth trading except mw3

I got 24 cash just a few months ago for Mario kart Wii from gamestop

I mostly agree. I definitely wouldn't let the Wii games for that little. Maybe ditch the CoD MW3- a lot of these games that get a bump for going back compat sink back down to nothing after a while. 

PS3 stuff though? You'd get more off craigs.

I made a quick $400 with little effort with the Cali bonus. Most stuff I wasn't playing nor had a desire too. Now just need a good promo to get rid of my PS4 pro so I can prepare for my Spiderman edition.
Do you have a regular PS4 Pro? I was gonna wait for a promo too but it looks like the God of War Pro does better on ebay.

Is it me.. or the trade in value from the Gamestop app is inaccurate... I called my local gamestop for Mario Oddysey said the base was for $25, but on the app says $35... Any advice?

Is it me.. or the trade in value from the Gamestop app is inaccurate... I called my local gamestop for Mario Oddysey said the base was for $25, but on the app says $35... Any advice?
The app is usually wrong in those moments, as it's usually days behind on price changes compared to their website. Nothing you really can do.

A nice surprise as I traded in a game expecting about $8 in credit and got almost $12 instead. I guess a bunch of MN based GameStop locations are not eligible for the cash offer, so I get 50% extra.

Anyone think they will do another trade in promo for the ps4? Hoping to get more than $220 for the pro so I can get the Spiderman pro version

Anyone think they will do another trade in promo for the ps4? Hoping to get more than $220 for the pro so I can get the Spiderman pro version
When I preordered the Spidey PS4 Pro, the cashier implied they'd be doing a similar trade in promo like they did with God of War

None of those games are worth trading except mw3

I got 24 cash just a few months ago for Mario kart Wii from gamestop
Maybe wait around Christmas for a higher tiv?i don’t mind store credit, but cash is king. Wanted to dump Mario kart and others since I don’t play it anymore.

For whoever interested in the ps3 console.

Hi. I’m don’t know much about weight and shipping cost. I can get supplies like bubble wrap at work. Long time ago did the multiman rebug mod thing and firmware at 4.30 now. Wasn’t used much since use as Netflix. Selling console with power cable and one oem controller. The reason why I don’t like selling online because of shipping cost since I don’t know what’s the best to use. Want tracking and fast service like 3 days.

Is $50 plus shipping fair to sell for all parties? Don’t want to insult cag or lowballing.

I also have some others like gotcha force. Anyone know how much that goes for?

Traded in 2 copies of Paranormal Activity at separate locations and went to Bestbuy to pick up Megaman X legacy collection so basically paid $20 for it a week after launch.

Didn’t like how they did half games on cart and rest digital
If you have a PS4 you could get that version of the Mega Man X Collection. It comes with two discs in the case, so no digital downloads. Just thought I’d let you know if you want all 8 games physical.

I know there are some coincidences but I do think someone from corporate looks at the thread. I wouldn’t say mike like they are asking and begging for things. But wouldn’t take someone more than 30 min a day to see if some thing should be changed.

Like NSE staples not getting a typical boost after being mentioned a ton

Like NCAA 14
Were not even a blip on their radar. The sheer number of people I see in GS who have no idea what they're doing in there is where they get their $$. Grannies looking for games for Johnny. Joe six packs trading in 10 games at crap value to get CoD on launch, only to trade it back in for crap value. Most of their customers aren't savvy enough to think about this so they have nothing to worry about in that regard

I didn’t get no $5 trade in coupon with the 2 trades I did today. Wonder if it makes a difference if you did cash vs credit.
It depends if the cashier scans it to add it to your receipt at the register. They're only supposed to do it if you have never traded on the account before or it has been an extended time period without any trades at their own personal discretion.

I'm guessing this doesn't stack with the 70% (wishful thinking, I know...).
Okay, can someone please explain this to me in small, simple words that will allow my terribly dense brain to understand? I live in Southern California, which clearly does not qualify for the “same cash as credit” deal as stated by GameStop themselves. However, as an alleged consolation, California stores are being given an automatic 70% boost on all game trade-ins. So, if I have a copy of :Wii: Metroid: Other M to trade, and GS’ website says it has a $1.00 value, does that mean I will actually receive $1.70 in trade value, even though the advertised 50%/60%/70% trade bump promotions ended on 7/22? I do not have an Elite membership: it would be strictly your Joe Schmoe off the street doing this deal. Please, help a sleep-deprived, gaming-obsessed fool out, CAG...[emoji30][emoji31][emoji21]

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, can someone please explain this to me in small, simple words that will allow my terribly dense brain to understand? I live in Southern California, which clearly does not qualify for the “same cash as credit” deal as stated by GameStop themselves. However, as an alleged consolation, California stores are being given an automatic 70% boost on all game trade-ins. So, if I have a copy of :wii: Metroid: Other M to trade, and GS’ website says it has a $1.00 value, does that mean I will actually receive $1.70 in trade value, even though the advertised 50%/60%/70% trade bump promotions ended on 7/22? I do not have an Elite membership: it would be strictly your Joe Schmoe off the street doing this deal. Please, help a sleep-deprived, gaming-obsessed fool out, CAG...[emoji30][emoji31][emoji21]
You will receive the base value times 1.5 unless you have a membership.

Question does anyone know how to fix a burn in on a Nintendo switch screen it’s like all these weird colors. The backgrounds image is burnt it. I never played this thing that much. Is this happening to anyone else?

is today the last day of the bump or does it go into tomorrow? want to get rid of sea of thieves but dont feel like dealing with sunday traffic

Does GameStop take defective consoles at a price deduction so I can just buy a switch back. The screen has like screen retention. I never even played this thing that long my luck ): works on tv mode tho

Anyone else hear that Elite level is going away starting tomorrow?

I was told that a message was sent out to the staff to inform them that starting tomorrow you cannot sign up for or renew Elite. Anyone else hear this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back