2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else getting forced redirects to “you’ve won a amazon gift card open App Store to accept” when visiting GS.com on safari iphone/ipad?

Happens every time for the past few days. Don’t even know how it got passed Purify.
Sounds like you've been doing some of the new PUR Xtra Point surveys. I'm sure my PC will never bee the same after installing Armored Warfare.

Why are there games like Xenoverse 2, mass effect andromeda, walking dead new frontier in the 4 for $20 bin at my local GameStop..those games aren’t under $10

Well, the max cash trade-in amount before getting a ban seems to be lower than the store credit amount. I did several hundred dollars in trades, but kept it reasonable (under $1000, no doubles, trades were in good condition, etc.) and I have a trade ban. Not sure how long it'll last.

Bizarre that I get emails about promotions, follow them to the letter without any exploitation, then -without warning- banned.

Well, the max cash trade-in amount before getting a ban seems to be lower than the store credit amount. I did several hundred dollars in trades, but kept it reasonable (under $1000, no doubles, trades were in good condition, etc.) and I have a trade ban. Not sure how long it'll last.

Bizarre that I get emails about promotions, follow them to the letter without any exploitation, then -without warning- banned.
The cash trade limit is $500, rolling. It's a fourth of the credit trade limit, so yes, you got flagged.

Why are there games like Xenoverse 2, mass effect andromeda, walking dead new frontier in the 4 for $20 bin at my local GameStop..those games aren’t under $10
Not just yours. Half or more of the games in those bins at my local one are higher (price ranging from $17-30).

wow, $200 for an OG Xbone if you buy an X
I was rather hoping for a trade in promo like this towards the PS4 Pro...hopefully it will happen before the Spiderman PS4 Pro drops. I have an Xbox One S 1 TB...they did a promo a month or so ago where I could have gotten $250 towards a Switch.

It's gotta be the PS4's turn next. Or is PS4 just selling too well? As if Nintendo isn't...so it's gotta be Sony next.

I was rather hoping for a trade in promo like this towards the PS4 Pro...hopefully it will happen before the Spiderman PS4 Pro drops. I have an Xbox One S 1 TB...they did a promo a month or so ago where I could have gotten $250 towards a Switch.

It's gotta be the PS4's turn next. Or is PS4 just selling too well? As if Nintendo isn't...so it's gotta be Sony next.
Do the promo, get the xboxx, returnt it, preorder the Spiderman ps pro.

With the new trade in deal towards a Xbox one x, if I traded in both my original ps4 and One S towards the X I would get 250 for each, right? I want to make sure they don’t have a limit to how many consoles you can trade in with the deal.

I’m curious about the X and want to upgrade my original PS4 ( to a slim or pro, not sure which) because it sound like a jet engine.

With the new trade in deal towards a Xbox one x, if I traded in both my original ps4 and One S towards the X I would get 250 for each, right? I want to make sure they don’t have a limit to how many consoles you can trade in with the deal.
I’m curious about the X and want to upgrade my original PS4 ( to a slim or pro, not sure which) because it sound like a jet engine.
If it’s like the switch promo only one system will get the bonus.

wow, $200 for an OG Xbone if you buy an X
Makes it really tempting for me to trade my OG One for a One X, but I am already buying that Spider-Man PS4 Pro and would prefer a promo towards that. Still tempted if I can manage to come up with some extra cash.

Anyone who is doing the deal towards an xbox can also get a free game with it as stated in the ad from 8/10-8/18.
Sadly I don't even know what game I would get that I don't already have on PS4. The lack of exclusive games has been what has prevented me from upgrading to a One X earlier.

Sadly I don't even know what game I would get that I don't already have on PS4. The lack of exclusive games has been what has prevented me from upgrading to a One X earlier.
I've always been a Nintendo/PlayStation guy and the only appeal of the X1X for me would be to see how well old original xbox games run on it... and to finally play Cuphead.

I've always been a Nintendo/PlayStation guy and the only appeal of the X1X for me would be to see how well old original xbox games run on it... and to finally play Cuphead.
I've always loved the Xbox platform myself and even used to work for a small gaming site reviewing Xbox games specifically. The Xbox One just hasn't had very many must-play exclusives. I bought my system with the Sunset Overdrive bundle and that game remains one of my favorites for the entire system, but there hasn't been much since and while Cuphead is an amazing game, it's not something I feel like I need to play in 4K on a One X so it makes upgrading even with this deal hard to do since I will still have to spend over $300 to get a One X.

That trade in value for OG one is very tempting on my end, though wonder if worth it to head over since the top of the case got some scratches on it, any idea how bad of a refurb fee I'd get nailed with for that kinda cosmetic damage?

I was going to wait for a good trade in deal for my PS4 Pro to go towards the Spider Man edition. Supposedly new PS4 Pro systems are very hard to find at the moment. If true, might be easier to just sell my system for a decent price on Craigslist.

I've always loved the Xbox platform myself and even used to work for a small gaming site reviewing Xbox games specifically. The Xbox One just hasn't had very many must-play exclusives. I bought my system with the Sunset Overdrive bundle and that game remains one of my favorites for the entire system, but there hasn't been much since and while Cuphead is an amazing game, it's not something I feel like I need to play in 4K on a One X so it makes upgrading even with this deal hard to do since I will still have to spend over $300 to get a One X.
I guess it all depends on how much trade credit you have to work with. I find it easier to flip systems and turn lots of credit into cash during eBay sales than to buy small games and resell. So opportunities like this are very welcome. I do also like the idea of playing the next entries of my "top" third party series, games like Resident Evil 2 Remake or Final Fantasy 7 Remake (ha!) on the more powerful X even though I already have a PS4 Pro and Switch.

I guess it all depends on how much trade credit you have to work with. I find it easier to flip systems and turn lots of credit into cash during eBay sales than to buy small games and resell. So opportunities like this are very welcome. I do also like the idea of playing the next entries of my "top" third party series, games like Resident Evil 2 Remake or Final Fantasy 7 Remake (ha!) on the more powerful X even though I already have a PS4 Pro and Switch.
Speak of the devil.... https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0808/67811.html?_trkparms=%26clkid%3D5883293915763609421

Related to the console trade in deal: does Gamestop sell factory sealed consoles, or is there a chance some employee opened and used it at home and then re-sealed it like they do sometimes with games?

Related to the console trade in deal: does Gamestop sell factory sealed consoles, or is there a chance some employee opened and used it at home and then re-sealed it like they do sometimes with games?
I once got a resealed console (XB1S) and didn't realize it until I got home. I couldn't do an exchange because I had previously exchanged it for the resealed one. The resealed console had a bad hdd and noisy fan so I just ended up trading it in for cash at the time. When people return an unopened console, they break the seal to make sure everything is inside the box and then reseal it and sell it as new.

It was a few years ago but I bought a PS3 Slim *new* from Gamestop and when I got home, it was very obvious while opening the console packaging that it had been opened before. A coupla light scratches and fingerprint smudges, before I had even touched that part. Returned it.

How hard is it to return a console to gamestop that was bought with promo?

I've never tried it, but seems like back during the trade-in towards a switch boost. People were just getting gift receipts and returning them back at another GS.
i know some stores started to deny gift receipts at one point during that promo. biggest problem is $500 return will probably catch the eyes of LP, last time it was just $300

im sure there will be a promo idk if anyone noticed but ps4 pros have been hard to find this whole summer...all the websites have been out of stock...gamestop is restocking apparently august 18

Anyone else notice that Gamestop reverted to stickers that are harder to get off?  There were a few years where the stickers would just peel off the case.  Now I have to use goo gone on each one

Pro is pretty much sold out nationwide new until the Spider-Man units are out.

Anyone else notice that Gamestop reverted to stickers that are harder to get off? There were a few years where the stickers would just peel off the case. Now I have to use goo gone on each one
Im pretty sure earlier this week I saw something on the GS Reddit page that said they were going back to the old stickers that we're easier to pull off.

True I'll just roll the dice and hope we get a promo for the spiderman ps4
From what I was told a new marketing period starts on August 12th, so if there is going to be a promo for trading towards the Spider-Man Pro bundle it'll probably start then.

I've got my OG PS4 on Offer Up now and have had some offers, but if Gamestop offers a promotion where I can get at least $200 for it then I will just trade it there.

Is the Spider-Man Pro even available now? Shows sold out at GS and Amazon.
As consolation, the 500 Millionth Limited Edition PS4 Pro 2TB console should be available starting August 24th, barring any pre-order shenanigans. Does the bonus hdd space, camera, console stand, custom translucent casing and actual limited stock offset the $100 difference (not counting the game, as well)....hard to decide, though.

EDIT : Spider-Man Pro is still readily available for pre-order on Best Buy's Website

anybody try trading in with the inflated values for an xbox1x preorder? i see the nba 2k19 comes out 9/11, just in time to cancel and get the spiderman pro instead..

anybody try trading in with the inflated values for an xbox1x preorder? i see the nba 2k19 comes out 9/11, just in time to cancel and get the spiderman pro instead..
Ballsy move. I think people for sure would get reported for that... If anyone tries, have a friend do it for you since PUR doesn't matter for console trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back