2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. Trade bump but only promo I saw on website is 5 dollars toward a pre order. Is there something I missed?

I got excited when I checked the OP, then I saw the dates :p

Someone mentioned bonus toward digital currency was dead

Even more evidence that they are getting smarter and targeting this stuff now. These things aren't coincidences IMO.
This strategy is a losing battle in regards to trade totals and used games in stock per store. If boomerangs disappear, then so do all of those trades. The uninformed will still trade in at bad values, but anyone else will find an alternate means to sell their used games and the numbers will reflect that. I can't speak for other areas, but used switch games stock is still hit or miss here. I almost always have to rebuy to utilize b2g1...i hope the stacking coupon comes back.

as an aside, i traded in my ps4 pro towards the pubg xbox1x and a free copy of madden. i asked for a gift receipt so that my wife can return it at some point, but they gave me a gift receipt for the xbox and another gift receipt for madden. is this normal or are both usually on the same gift receipt? thanks

Anyone know if they usually run promos on accessories? Got some controllers to trade in...
You just missed by a week, the 50/60/70% promo on game and accessories. I traded in all of my extra controllers last week. So you'll likely be waiting a while for the next one.

wow, cant believe they bumped up SoT even more, hopefully my gamefly order comes today like scheduled
Thankfully the bumps last until Monday. All of the games I planned on trading in eventually got the bump treatment.

Also, I don't think we can call this a "stealth bump" since they have it advertised on the trade screen. Weird

Thanks! Also to get multiple $5 bonuses do I have to do each game as an individual trade, or can I add to multiple existing preorders in each transaction to get the bonus on multiple game trades?
You can do multiple preorders on the same transaction to qualify for each eligible $5 boost.

I assume they still don't take XBox One Kinnect adapters? Even though the app is showing me TIV.

They take the adapter but not the Kinect. There was a post on the GS subreddit last night about an employee taking it in trade and buying it right away. They are hard to find right now. Should be able to sell it some where else for more.

Guess now would be a good time to trade a PS4 game towards my Spider-Man pre-order. Got the email stating "you have 5 games worth $83.xx in trade credit." I may let go of one of them but not all five, the other four I want to play.

They take the adapter but not the Kinect. There was a post on the GS subreddit last night about an employee taking it in trade and buying it right away. They are hard to find right now. Should be able to sell it some where else for more.
I actually see a $10 trade in on the actual Kinect XB1 sensor now.

I actually see a $10 trade in on the actual Kinect XB1 sensor now.
It has had a TIV since winter at least. However when I go to the store I was told we don't take them. I also asked at a different store that I like better near my job and was told they don't take them either.

Today it seemed like it got a small bump (or I just noticed the Elite Pro price). I only ever used it in FH3. Without the adapter it is useless on the S I had and the X I just got. Not paying $80+ for an adapter on EBay or Amazon.

You just missed by a week, the 50/60/70% promo on game and accessories. I traded in all of my extra controllers last week. So you'll likely be waiting a while for the next one.
Thanks for the reply. I acquired the controllers after that promo ended and was wondering if I should just trade it in now or wait for a promo. :whistle2:?

A few BB to GS flips. This would be with GCU applied also.

Project Cars 2- PS4

Batman Return to Arkham- PS4

Redbox to GS flips.

Sea of Thieves- XB1

Star Wars Battlefront 2- XB1

Lego Ninjago Movie- PS4

Walmart has some decent flips:

Bully $12.88 to $18.20
GTA SA 360 $10 To $19.40
Cars 3 Wii U $10 to $17
Just Dance 2016 Wii $10 to $17
I'm guessing you're adding the extra $5 towards trades? It only applies to Xbox One, PS4, and Switch games.

Traded in 6 games and got the $5 bonus on each game, but I had to ask about the pre-order bonus (it wasn't promoted by the cashier). Even put it towards a game I had already paid off, and I ended up getting $5 back in cash (plus the game remained paid off, of course). Hopefully I'll be able to combine towards Spider-Man later on (it worked before with Fire Pro the last time they ran this promo).

I was in GameStop today and got word that they are very likely to have a PS4 Pro trade up deal for the Spidey bundle. I’m just going to chance it and avoid trading my PS4 towards the X then returning to keep the bonus credit. I just hope the deal is as sweet as the existing one.

Anyone ever try to trade in mass effect 1-3 disc only as the trilogy and been successful? Trilogy trades for $14 base and all 3 separately are less then a dollar a piece

I bought 41 ps3 games for $100 I traded 11 for $75 cash

I also bought 8 retro gba games from them I got a authentic cima the enemy for 7.99 and ff tactics...selling the rest

Which makes me think should I have gotten the $100 credit and bought more retro games since they underprice most of their retro games

2 things I've got to figure out right now.  Since I'm getting conflicting reports.  Is the extra 20% still working?  And, if it is, does it stack with the 5 dollar pre-order bonus?

2 things I've got to figure out right now. Since I'm getting conflicting reports. Is the extra 20% still working? And, if it is, does it stack with the 5 dollar pre-order bonus?
I cannot confirm #1 but reports show 20% bonus for digital currency purchase is DONE.

For #2, almost never.

Traded in 6 games and got the $5 bonus on each game, but I had to ask about the pre-order bonus (it wasn't promoted by the cashier). Even put it towards a game I had already paid off, and I ended up getting $5 back in cash (plus the game remained paid off, of course). Hopefully I'll be able to combine towards Spider-Man later on (it worked before with Fire Pro the last time they ran this promo).
So you traded in 6 games, put the minimum $5 towards a single [existing] pre-order, and got $30 total extra TIC?

Can anybody else confirm this working? From my understanding, reading other people's posts, it was $5 TIC bonus per unqiue pre-ordered game?

So you traded in 6 games, put the minimum $5 towards a single [existing] pre-order, and got $30 total extra TIC?

Can anybody else confirm this working? From my understanding, reading other people's posts, it was $5 TIC bonus per unqiue pre-ordered game?
Yeah you gotta do it per game, not just toward one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back