2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
With a gift receipt they probably would just give the whole damn $500+tax back as cash. You’re better off playin dumb and having your Dad or something return it for you, then looking like you’re just returning it to get the Spider-Man thing.
I doubt they’d give you back $500 in cash lol I don’t think they’d have that much cash in the register plus it’s too much of a hassle for them. If it was a cheap game maybe but $500, I don’t see it happening but I hope I’m wrong. Ex GameStop employees, help me out here

I doubt they’d give you back $500 in cash lol I don’t think they’d have that much cash in the register plus it’s too much of a hassle for them. If it was a cheap game maybe but $500, I don’t see it happening but I hope I’m wrong. Ex GameStop employees, help me out here
If it was bought with credit they will give it back to you in credit. $500 would likely wipe out a register at most any store too. Also, most employees aren't paid enough to care so I am sure they'd do the return though.

Man, 2 different (cool) stores couldn't do the $5 bonus promo on a pre-existing preorder.  They had to create a new preorder, then they cancelled it and rolled the money over to a pre-existing preorder.  

Hmmm, people have been reporting in this thread that it could apply directly to a pre-existing preorder.  

Man, 2 different (cool) stores couldn't do the $5 bonus promo on a pre-existing preorder. They had to create a new preorder, then they cancelled it and rolled the money over to a pre-existing preorder.

Hmmm, people have been reporting in this thread that it could apply directly to a pre-existing preorder.
I just did it in store a few hours ago with 17 games. Maybe they were doing it wrong. not a single new preorder was made

Man, 2 different (cool) stores couldn't do the $5 bonus promo on a pre-existing preorder. They had to create a new preorder, then they cancelled it and rolled the money over to a pre-existing preorder.

I did two pre-orders and 3 trades. One at the store near my job on Friday. $5 bonus no problem.

Went to a store near my house on Saturday. Did a trade towards another pre-order. Did ask if it could be added to the one I did at the other store. He said no. Which is what I thought would happen. Came back later and traded another game towards the pre-order I did earlier in that store. He added the whole balance to the pre-order and I got a $5 bump. Really only wanted to put $5 towards it but the whole trade wasn't much anyway so I didn't ask him to change it. First guy totally "forgot" there was a $5 bump for doing this. I bet he never knew untill I did it. I dislike this store and have some issues there in the past.

My only question is if I wanted to could I go back to either store and have them cancel the pre-order at the other store and add it to the pre-order at that store?

I really don't think I will have time to play both Tomb Raider and Spiderman next month. Be luck to play one of them.

I did two pre-orders and 3 trades. One at the store near my job on Friday. $5 bonus no problem.

Went to a store near my house on Saturday. Did a trade towards another pre-order. Did ask if it could be added to the one I did at the other store. He said no. Which is what I thought would happen. Came back later and traded another game towards the pre-order I did earlier in that store. He added the whole balance to the pre-order and I got a $5 bump. Really only wanted to put $5 towards it but the whole trade wasn't much anyway so I didn't ask him to change it. First guy totally "forgot" there was a $5 bump for doing this. I bet he never knew untill I did it. I dislike this store and have some issues there in the past.

My only question is if I wanted to could I go back to either store and have them cancel the pre-order at the other store and add it to the pre-order at that store?

I really don't think I will have time to play both Tomb Raider and Spiderman.
idk if they can do it themselves but you can go cancel a preorder, get it on a trade card and just apply it to your preorder at the other store

So it sounds like the bump is just automatically applied by the system when trading towards a pre-existing pre-order.  Ok.   The people I talked to were cool but maybe not letting the system "do it's job."  If they would have just applied the trade to the pre-exisitng preorder then the $5 would have just added automatically.  They were trying to figure out what they needed to do manually to make the $5 bonus work.  

Still, I rather have a helpful but un-knowledgeable (is that a word?) associate rather than the other way around. 

So instead of a gift receipt, could I trade my OG ps4 towards the pre-order of the nba 2k xbox one, then move the credit to my Spiderman ps4 pre-order?

Like others have said here in this thread let the POS do the work.  I bet you would have been fine but once they started looking for a code or whatever.

So it sounds like the bump is just automatically applied by the system when trading towards a pre-existing pre-order. Ok. The people I talked to were cool but maybe not letting the system "do it's job." If they would have just applied the trade to the pre-exisitng preorder then the $5 would have just added automatically. They were trying to figure out what they needed to do manually to make the $5 bonus work.

Still, I rather have a helpful but un-knowledgeable (is that a word?) associate rather than the other way around.
Like others have said here in this thread let the POS do the work. I bet you would have been fine but once they started looking for a code or whatever you were screwed.

So it sounds like the bump is just automatically applied by the system when trading towards a pre-existing pre-order. Ok. The people I talked to were cool but maybe not letting the system "do it's job." If they would have just applied the trade to the pre-exisitng preorder then the $5 would have just added automatically. They were trying to figure out what they needed to do manually to make the $5 bonus work.

yeah must have. the way I did it was I had them do my trades and I saw what the value was. then before signing I had them put $5 down on my existing preorders and saw that the credit I was getting back was still the same amount from before I added the preorder since each game got a $5 bonus that I applied to that same # of games

If it was bought with credit they will give it back to you in credit. $500 would likely wipe out a register at most any store too. Also, most employees aren't paid enough to care so I am sure they'd do the return though.
Hmm if you do get gift receipt and have someone else return it I’m guessing they’d at least give you back the money from your trade in, in credit and the rest in cash OR they could deny the return cuz the employee is just too uptight or lazy or both

In case anyone is wondering about the $30 Guaranteed trade value on Madden NFL 19...

I got it as my free game with my XBox One X.  I just got an email letting me know I have 20 days left to trade it for a guaranteed $30.  Wasn't sure if it applied to the game if it was free.  Apparently it does and no coupon required.  

Does anyone know if the $5 preorder bonus promo applies on accessories?

I'm looking to trade towards the Smash Bros. GameCube controller and adapter.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

So instead of a gift receipt, could I trade my OG ps4 towards the pre-order of the nba 2k xbox one, then move the credit to my Spiderman ps4 pre-order?
Find a cool store and explain to them that you want to do it. They may just allow it.

Edit: specifically tell them you want to return the Xbox one and roll the full amount to preorder the NBA 2k Xbox one. Explain this at the start and they may be cool with it.

I had a small issue with it iver the weekend but it was easily figured out. I traded in one game towards an existing pre order and they enter the amount towards the pre order before the bump occurs so then the $5 shows up as credit coming back to me but they then have to remove the pre order to go back to change the amount going towards the pre order which removes the bump. So long story short it was a little trial and error but they got it figure out.

Did anyone have any luck getting a copy of a printed off list of PS2 game trade in values? I saw the one PDF of the games they accept and their for sale prices but wasn't sure what kind of actual trade in values I would be looking at and my local store couldn't figure out how to pull up a list.

Does anyone know if the $5 preorder bonus promo applies on accessories?

I'm looking to trade towards the Smash Bros. GameCube controller and adapter.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
I just got it for preordering a new Xbox Phantom black controller.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

By the way, 4 new color schemes for the PS4 Dualshock 4 controllers are available for pre-order @ GS, and should qualify for the $5 credit boost.  I am personally eyeing the sunset orange to add to my collection...yummy.

Playstation Blog Info

By the way, 4 new color schemes for the PS4 Dualshock 4 controllers are available for pre-order @ GS, and should qualify for the $5 credit boost. I am personally eyeing the sunset orange to add to my collection...yummy.

Playstation Blog Info
Is it just me or are those hideous. The berry one looks so fugly. But I'm almost glad I feel that way as I have 4 DS4s at the moment and definitely don't need anymore

Did anyone have any luck getting a copy of a printed off list of PS2 game trade in values? I saw the one PDF of the games they accept and their for sale prices but wasn't sure what kind of actual trade in values I would be looking at and my local store couldn't figure out how to pull up a list.
What’s up with them accepting PS2 game trade-ins but being secretive about it?

e68.jpg

The Switch games are back down to $22 base TIV, ouch! Yes I know there was a bump, but $22 base is a slap in the face.

So no one here has actually returned an Xbox one x yet after trade. Surprising
Been procrastinating lol. I'm going to make the trade today and return tomorrow. I would really like to get $250 for an OG PS4. Taking it to a Gamestop that has employees I don't know or care about.

Here I am over here trying to figure out how I can get an Xbox One X along with my Spider-Man Pro without spending more than $100 out of pocket and also without being a thief. 

Already have the Spidey Pro taken care of, but I am really tempted to trade my OG Xbox One towards an X too, but then I still need to spend $300 plus tax for the One X.... I also know that I will just end up primarily playing my PS4 Pro(s) and would likely just end up getting RDR2 on Xbox One X if I had one since there are not really any exclusives coming to the One X anytime soon that I must play. 

Here I am over here trying to figure out how I can get an Xbox One X along with my Spider-Man Pro without spending more than $100 out of pocket and also without being a thief.

Already have the Spidey Pro taken care of, but I am really tempted to trade my OG Xbox One towards an X too, but then I still need to spend $300 plus tax for the One X.... I also know that I will just end up primarily playing my PS4 Pro(s) and would likely just end up getting RDR2 on Xbox One X if I had one since there are not really any exclusives coming to the One X anytime soon that I must play.
Probably won't be able to get an X much cheaper than $300 unless you got more stuff to trade. I say get rid of that OG Box right now because I doubt we will see it trade in for that much again.

If you trade in more stuff you can always get those $5 preorder credits for each trade in and move it around later to put towards the X but I'm not sure if you count that as thievery or not.

Is it just me or are those hideous. The berry one looks so fugly. But I'm almost glad I feel that way as I have 4 DS4s at the moment and definitely don't need anymore
Yeah I'm not a fan either lol. They've got a lot to learn from Microsoft.

I'll be content with the Spidey controller and a Translucent one if I can get my hands on one. Those two are the best to me.

Probably won't be able to get an X much cheaper than $300 unless you got more stuff to trade. I say get rid of that OG Box right now because I doubt we will see it trade in for that much again.

If you trade in more stuff you can always get those $5 preorder credits for each trade in and move it around later to put towards the X but I'm not sure if you count that as thievery or not.
That's my dilemma. I do have some other things I could probably trade-in and I don't mind putting some cash behind it and agree that I doubt I will get more than $200 for my white OG Xbox One which is why I want to upgrade now, but I also want to wait as I am sure there will be a price drop and/or bundle before too long with the One X. I have a PS4 Pro and am getting a second one with the Spider-Man Pro too which is making it harder to dive into a One X right now. My current Xbox One is basically only used when I want to watch TV twice a week and I am pretty sure my Xbox Live just expired and I have little desire to renew it when I haven't played a game online on Xbox One in months.

Thought I asked here since it seemed as good of place as any

Over the weekend I bought an Xbox One X

The worker at Gamestop claimed she's had few of the consoles returned due to bad sealant on the liquid/vapor cooling and suggested the extended warranty.

Is this a real issue, or just something to try and push warranty sales?

The worker at Gamestop claimed she's had few of the consoles returned due to bad sealant on the liquid/vapor cooling and suggested the extended warranty.

I've had one come back to my store with that issue. It was the craziest thing I've seen in awhile. They did have the warranty though so I swapped them out. I now recommend it for that issue.

How would she know it's this problem specifically? Seems kind of hard to diagnose something like that without taking the console apart.

That BFV X1X bundle looks interesting. If I  hadn't  gotten a X1X when it was $450, I probably would have waited. Though I'm not too excited for the game yet. I got bored of BF1 after a while. Been playing BF4 like crazy lately lol.

That's my dilemma. I do have some other things I could probably trade-in and I don't mind putting some cash behind it and agree that I doubt I will get more than $200 for my white OG Xbox One which is why I want to upgrade now, but I also want to wait as I am sure there will be a price drop and/or bundle before too long with the One X. I have a PS4 Pro and am getting a second one with the Spider-Man Pro too which is making it harder to dive into a One X right now. My current Xbox One is basically only used when I want to watch TV twice a week and I am pretty sure my Xbox Live just expired and I have little desire to renew it when I haven't played a game online on Xbox One in months.
Buying the X caused me to play Xbox more often. I'm now buying most of my multiplats on it and I have really enjoyed playing BC games in higher res. Red Dead 2 is going to be awesome to experience on the X. I expect we see a mild price drop during BF but I don't know if it'll be a better deal with how high the trade in is for an OG X1 right now. I have seen the X get as low as 380 on eBay during those 15% site-wide deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back